Project The Next Best Thing

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Avalanches.

Trick Room is an underrated playstyle, and Porygon is undoubtedly the best setter, and one of the best abusers of it. OTR is a fantastic set for Porygon.

Whilst Briyella's set does sound hilarious and it's obviously very creative, I'm wondering if any of the people voting for it have actually tried it out. Mostly, A Fighting-type can switch in, only to be forced out next turn, whilst the opponent switches to a new counter, like a Steel-type or a Ground-type. Mad props for thinking of it though, and I'd happily play about with it on ladder, but against better players I don't think it's that viable.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
The Avalanches.

Trick Room is an underrated playstyle, and Porygon is undoubtedly the best setter, and one of the best abusers of it. OTR is a fantastic set for Porygon.
Trick Room in LC has been seeing more use lately, so this set on Porygon is not even a fresh approach; it's already being used on every good Trick Room team. At least I came up with mine... dsr95 is the real originator of Trick Room Porygon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Do you guys realize this is just a the next best thing thread ._. Calm down everyone,,
Also i voted for bri set cause porygon has been setting up trick room since its existanse but ive never seen conversion porygon ever before, and it sounds cool enough to use it :^)
Again, damn dont take this too seriously remember that its to have fun looking for cool sets :toast:

Look, what the actual fuck is wrong with you people? We are just fucking posting for the sake of this thread, we didn't have to have the fucking bitchfest that I just deleted. Conspire GlassGlaceon Your posts were incredibly inappropriate and I very much considered infracting the two of you. Yes I am publicly calling you both out because you lot were fuckwads. Goddess Briyella posted a set, and people voted for it. There was absolutely zero purpose for whatever the fuck just happened there. I do not want to see any of this bullshit ever again and yes I am very angry that my users think they can behave in a way that's unwelcoming or just completely fucking rude to other users and just get away with it scot-free. This is not just in regards to Briyella, but many of you have been complete twats regarding her and you all need to stop. This is with every user on my forums.

I do not give a single shit anymore. You can comment in regards to other people's posts, and you can obviously post arguments. But you do so in a civil manner. If I find posts that attack other users (and not their arguments) in a bullshit manner, or just openly insults someone (that I can't obviously tell is a joke), I am infracting. That means yes, I would have infracted Conspire and GlassGlaceon for their posts. I did not, but I will in the future.

Just fucking have fun contributing, not being complete fuckers on the internet. Holy hell this is ridiculous.

Only two votes gives the victory to The Avalanches (18 vs 16).

Next best thing is "quite angry" Corphish

Posting sets deadline: 7th September 4 PM EST

Last edited:
Corphish @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Switcheroo
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Basically this thing hits extremely hard and still has wall breaking capabilities. Common Corphish switch-ins include Chinchou, Foongus, Cottonee, and Croagunk. None of these would appreciate being given a choice band. The only one that could make any use of it is Croagunk, but when you know what move it is choice locked into, it's very easy to abuse. This thing rips through stall and is still very useful against other teams with its Choice Banded Adaptability Aqua Jets, capable of cleaning late game. This sets a lot of fun to use and can break the way for other sweepers like Carvanha and Tirtouga.

Corphish @ Berry Juice
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD(or Def depending on what you mean to set up on) / 236 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet / Protect

Idk how much more standard you can get, other than like banded. I was thinking about posting a scarf set but it's certainly outclassed by a lot of other scarfers. Take a hit you know you can ddance, boom you're done. Aqua Jet if you feel like you need the prio, protect because lolfakeout, but it probably needs the priority more than other ddancers would (even though the only one is like scraggy \:) due to it's already relatively horrible speed. You can run adamant for the extra power but it kind of needs the jolly nature so you dont have to worry about ties with base 19's(P sure adamant hits 19 speed at +1 unless I have my mechanics down wrong). It's an underwhelming sweeper honestly but cool when you pull it off.

Last edited:

Corphish (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Swords Dance Corphish is clearly the best wallbreaker in the metagame, boosting its already high Attack to make it hit 32 allows it OHKO most of the metagame and with Sticky Web support it can sweep through teams easily.

Corphish @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 Def / 196 SpA / 236 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Switcheroo

The trashy special/mix set. Use switcheroo once you your BJ runs out. No one will expect this trashy set ;)

kektus

Banned deucer.

FEAR FISH (Corphish) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Endeavor
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Superpower
This is FEAR FISH. FEAR FISH's job is to stop powerful Set-Up sweepers, like Fletchling, but the niche it has over many other Fletchling checks is that it can ultimately remove Fletchling from the game entirely. Teamed up with Fake Out Mienfoo and a reliable Defogger/Spinner like Drilbur, FEAR FISH can stop any set-up sweeper that might threaten your team. Corphish can effectively put a stop to Scraggy, which pretty much has no check once it's set up enough, but the only thing that can stop it is FEAR FISH.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Corphish @ Eviolite
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpA / 196 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb

This set allows Corphish to get past its biggest counter in Cottonee. Corphish can catch Cottonee on the switch and hit it up with a Sludge Bomb. With just 36 Special Attack EVs, here's what happens:

36 SpA Corphish Sludge Bomb vs. 116 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Cottonee: 20-24 (90.9 - 109%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 24)

With Eviolite, Corphish is still bulky enough to do its ordinary job, busting walls, knocking off Eviolites and picking off weak opposition with Aqua Jet whilst being able to lure in and outmuscle a common counter.

Last edited:

Corphish @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer/Aqua Jet/Aerial Ace (lol)
- Knock Off

Double Dance Corphish combines sheer wallbreaking power and a lategame sweeping role into one set. When combined with a Memento user, Corphish finds lots of opportunities to set up either a Dragon Dance or Swords Dance depending upon the situation, and can fuck shit up from there. With Eviolite, it often has just enough bulk to live a hit or two, and when paired with an aforementioned memento user, can set up both boosts which usually spells out "gg" for the opposing team. Even if you don't get a chance to Dragon Dance and Swords Dance at the same time, each move can be used to best fit what is going on in the battle, so having both boosts isn't necessarily mandatory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)