Move Pass [LC]

In this metagame, all Pokemon may have moves their evolutions may have. For example, Oshawott can now learn Megahorn because Samurott does as well. This stays true for all moves learned by level up, TM, and Tutor (Frenzy Plant variants is p much the only thing here). This metagame will be following the LC format and will thus follow all LC rules [Level 5, etc.]. Here are the rules of this metagame and also LC Rules:

Rules:
Standard LC Rules [Level 5]
All LC Ubers are banned
FLETCHLING IS BANNED​

Suspect:
None atm!​

Playability:
None yet :[
Replays:
one
Ban History:
Fletchling 8 / 30 / 14

Fletchling was banned for its access to Brave Bird, making it incredibly powerful. This also allows for a stronger move than Acrobatics and the ability to Choice Band. To make the matter worse, it can now learn Flare Blitz to blast past Steel-types. Swords Dance also boosts it further and at +2 all resists are 2HKOed by Brave Bird. It needs random and specialized, I even got suggested Counter Wooper just for Fletchling and really this just demonstrates how centralizing it would be. Overall, Fletchling lacks true counters and was just way too strong for the metagame and thus was banned.

Are any of the Quiver Dancers (Venonat, Petilil, Larvesta, Surskit are really the only notable ones really) viable at all in this meta? Especially with Fletch out of the way, these could have potential.

I could see Venonat as a viable QuickPasser now, although Petilil and Larvesta seem mediocre at best. Surskit is better at Sticky Webbing, although Kricketot seems a lot better at this now, though.

blarghlfarghl I had a few battles and it may be a tiny bit early, but everyone I battled agreed Fletchling was too good and that nothing could really stomach the Brave Bird. Also, OU ≠ LC, so I don't really count that as a fair argument.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This sounds hilariously fun. Glad Fletch is banned because no one is fucking taking Flare Blitz + Steel Wing + Brave Bird. No one wants to take that. Unless Sturdy but lets not even get into that mess, I dont wanna deal with the damn thing.

I would think Venonat for best Quiver Dancer since it has good defensive typing and access to Hypnosis and Baton Pass. Surskit is literally second best with Larv and Petilil in an odd third plae in my book. Might have to do a little testing to see. Literally most of the lower tiered mons will prolly rise. Like oh my god all the genderless mons dont have to worry about having shit movepools anymore like Golett gets Shadow Punch, Klink gets Shift Gear + Gear Grind, Rufflet gets Brave Bird, Amaura and Vannilite gets Freeze Dry (YAAAAAAS)

Okay im clearly a bit hype for this kind of thing, Im going to stop for now.

Tirtouga and Omanyte are good checks to Fletchling, and Chinchou can be too. Tirtouga can even use it as set-up bait with Aqua jet and shell smash.

196+ Atk Choice Band Fletchling Brave Bird vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Omanyte: 6-7 (28.5 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO (SS variant)
196+ Atk Choice Band Fletchling Brave Bird vs. 156 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Omanyte: 5-6 (22.7 - 27.2%) -- 94.9% chance to 4HKO (Utility variant)
196+ Atk Choice Band Fletchling Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 92 Def Tirtouga: 8-9 (38 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (SS variant)
196+ Atk Choice Band Fletchling Brave Bird vs. 92 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Tirtouga: 5-6 (21.7 - 26%) -- 73.8% chance to 4HKO (Defensive variant)
196+ Atk Choice Band Fletchling Brave Bird vs. 76 HP / 212+ Def Chinchou: 10-12 (40 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Defensive variant)

Keep in mind, everything not carrying an eviolite has berry juice. Plus, if it's running a band, it finds it hard to find opportunities to roost away SR and recoil damage. That being said, the meta is probably better off without it, unless QD becomes hugely over-centralising.

Not much else to say, I'm just hyped for Shift Gear Klink.

Hahahahaha great.
Well, fletchling was already powerful with Acro alone so...
Okay, now let's go. Porygon gets Nasty Plot, and it has the pool to abuse it. Bunnelby gets Crunch, and Swords Dance.
Klink seems pretty good too.
Minccino gets Bullet Seed / Rock Blast
Vulpix gets Nasty Plot for an offensive set
Bulbasaur gets EQ for its Growht set, and no Fletch means no SE priority ( Ice Shard but really...)
Azurill gets Play Rough, Aqua Jet and Belly Drum, but I gues it is not enough
Wynaut gets... ow wait, it gets nothing
Eevee, for the lulz, gets a shitload of moves ( STABS of their evos, Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Agility, Scald, Sucker Punch, Leaf Blade...)

Last edited:
Klink seems like the most improved pokemon in the meta as it now can actually use shift gear and gear grind, porygon was already brought up and I think double dancing with download will be very threatening. Very fun looking meta will be sure to play.

EV

Banned deucer.
I would think Venonat for best Quiver Dancer since it has good defensive typing and access to Hypnosis and Baton Pass.
Is Hypnosis there because of the Spore mechanics? Even after Compound Eyes, its accuracy is still only 78, while Sleep Powder is like 97 or whatever.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Do genderless Pokemon end up getting there moves? So Shadow Punch Golett and stuff like that?

Also, Torchic looking good this meta, gets Bulk Up, Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Brave Bird, along with Fighting-type moves to give its movepool a bit more variety, it could actually turn into an offensive threat itself rather than just a passer

Last edited:
Honedge can use KS from its evo, so maybe a def. set?
Joltik can use Thunder
Dratini gets Dragon claw, Fire Punch and Earthquake
Axew gets EQ too
Phanpy can use Rapid Spin
Beldum has now an actual movepool, but I wonder if it is enough
Starly gets CC ( and reckless BB )

No more bullet-seed Ferroseed. Even though it is a seed, it shouldn't be forced to resort to shooting out it's distant cousins at enemies just because it isn't lvl 40 yet.
Klink is now usefull. Shift Gear and Gear Grind are awesome
Screw Fletchling. Acrobatics is bad enough, i've had enough of talonflame-esque Pokemon.
Eevee... Oh my god.
King's Shield Honedge

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Wow, I actually like this idea a lot. This will make LC more like OU now. Yeah, I may make a team with this one. If only this was how it was in game. I love the idea. Yet I think you should reconsider eeevee somehow.... that can't be good for the metagame.. at all.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is Hypnosis there because of the Spore mechanics? Even after Compound Eyes, its accuracy is still only 78, while Sleep Powder is like 97 or whatever.
erm if venonat gets sleep powder bc venomoth does then GG use that instead. i was more or less paying attention to like, venonat getting quiver bc venomoth did.

Honedge can use KS from its evo, so maybe a def. set?
Joltik can use Thunder
Dratini gets Dragon claw, Fire Punch and Earthquake
Axew gets EQ too
Phanpy can use Rapid Spin
Beldum has now an actual movepool, but I wonder if it is enough
Starly gets CC ( and reckless BB )
beldum will prolly run hone claws or agility + 3 attacks
rapid spin phanpy is super balky and lovely
starly is ban pls

Wow, I actually like this idea a lot. This will make LC more like OU now. Yeah, I may make a team with this one. If only this was how it was in game. I love the idea. Yet I think you should reconsider eeevee somehow.... that can't be good for the metagame.. at all.
Eevee is not gunna be that broke not with all the heavy hitters out there. Eevee simply isnt that bulky to play pass game and doesnt benefit from evo moves because well no stabs. It does have the largest movepool now with a literal butt ton of options but i dont think it will get places.

I think something bizarre would be Eevee with Return/Flare Blitz/insert coverage of choice/Power Swap. Come in on your target of choice and watch things die to their own stats. Probably not the most viable thing in the world, but the mind games alone would be awesome to watch.

I think something bizarre would be Eevee with Return/Flare Blitz/insert coverage of choice/Power Swap. Come in on your target of choice and watch things die to their own stats. Probably not the most viable thing in the world, but the mind games alone would be awesome to watch.
Power swap only swaps boosts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)