2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
hockaday goes, we win 1-0, the team redders picked was one i could really get behind with the return of mowatt. hopefully now we can get a decent manager in and start making tracks in the right direction

we also signed adryan on a 1 year loan which is kind of mental, the poor kid is gonna get his head kicked in by some of the defenders in the champo

This fucking Everton match is incredible. Everything going Chelsea way, and Everton keep on fighting regardless. Unlucky tbh.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Amazing game, lots of goals and a great performance by the Chelsea players. One of the games of the season, for sure. And Costa is an absolute BEAST!

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
3-6 the fuck

Falcao's signing for Madrid looks imminent. I think it's a stupid deal, and a Bale-Falcao-Cr7 frontline looks terribly unbalanced.

Unless Illarramendi and Khedira somehow step up, this is going to be a long season for Madrid. Gotta stop watching their games and just watch Villarreal ones :/

edit: apparently not confirmed but it looks like it's going to happen.

The best part of that match is that Eto has scored his first goal this season before lukaku who was poor. Really hope he flops at everton.

Ramires is really too fast for his own good. Certainly moves his legs faster than his ability to make decisions. Hopefully Oscar's injury isn't serious beCause it seems like they have formed a good partnership with Matic and Cesc.

Anyways good game overall with good games from Costa, Matic, Cahill, ivanovic and Courtois.

Also say this tweet.
"In the next 53 hours Jorge Mendes is President, Pope, GodFather, Head of European Finance and God."

I mean the guy got madrid to buy James and sold di maria for around the same amount.

HBK

3-6 the fuck

Falcao's signing for Madrid looks imminent. I think it's a stupid deal, and a Bale-Falcao-Cr7 frontline looks terribly unbalanced.

Unless Illarramendi and Khedira somehow step up, this is going to be a long season for Madrid. Gotta stop watching their games and just watch Villarreal ones :/

edit: apparently not confirmed but it looks like it's going to happen.
I don't buy it. The tweet confiming his move could very well be fake (it got deleted almost immediately for no reason) and neither club has hinted at any such deal.

Blind to Manchester United is pretty much done, €17.5m is a fair deal. Probable MU lineup when everything is sorted:

......Rooney...RVP
............Mata
....Di Maria...Herrera
............Blind
Shaw Rojo Evans Rafael
...........De Gea

Not too bad. Still pretty damn unbalanced though defense/offense. Solid offense, poor defense.

Reactions: pj
HBK Falcao is going to leave. It wasn't fake. it probably was advised by his agent (Jorge Mendes) to do it. RM don't want him but want a striker to play second fiddle.

Blind to Manchester United is pretty much done, €17.5m is a fair deal. Probable MU lineup when everything is sorted:

......Rooney...RVP
............Mata
....Di Maria...Herrera
............Blind
Shaw Rojo Evans Rafael
...........De Gea

Not too bad. Still pretty damn unbalanced though defense/offense. Solid offense, poor defense.
Blind isn't going to play as a DM in the PL.
As for now, he's better than Shaw anyway.

Used to think Sterling was a little shitty weasel. Kind of love him now.

Spurs looking like complete shit. Not even the scoreline...their attacking mindset is nonexistent. They get 3/4th of the way to goal, and get lost. Pathetic.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is kaboul still starting, and why the fuck haven't spurs bought someone who can both a) play in a high line, and b) not suck. I like chiriches but his consistency isnt there yet, and so he should be a bench option to me, and neither fazio nor kaboul fits those requirements (fazio too slow to deal with pacy strikers in a high line, kaboul just ass). And supposedly we arent even trying to still buy anyone now that we got fazio. Infuriating we didn't get musacchio who actually was good enough both in fit and ability to play game in game out for us.

HBK

Because his best position is occupied by Mata, Rooney can play there too and it's easier to find suitors for Kagawa than Young for obvious reasons.

Really surprised by Balotelli today. I expected him to be lazy but clinical in the final third but it was the exact opposite. It was the first time I see him running around that much but he could easily have scored three goals had he been more clinical.

I'm happy to have him in the side though as he offers a physical presence up-front which we lacked last season. I always felt like we needed a target man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)