2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Fernando torres to sign AC milan for loan now torres can do something good to milan

peng

hivemind leader
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I hate it when people call out managers as if they don't have a clue what they are doing, but I have absolutely no idea why Wenger persists with Sanogo when he does absolutely nothing every game he plays. You've got a world class player in Sanchez who is comfortable playing as a striker and approx 823 solid midfielders who could fill in for him in the midfield. I'm not an Arsenal supporter but the game today was just painful to watch - Sanogo watches 3 or 4 potential chances roll straight by him without even making an attempt and lets a ball roll through straight between his feet from 3 metres out, what the actual fuck.

Also fsr the Sky Sports pundits couldnt stop talking about Balotelli today as if he'd scored a hatrick or something. The only time I saw him on the screen he was putting headers wide or missing an open goal by 15 metres. Sure he had the occasional burst of energy which is more than you expect from the most notoriously lazy player in the PL but I'm still not sold on him yet.

In fantasy news, Chambers came off the bench and stole a clean sheet and 2 bonus points, pissing off everyone in my league in the process !

Things are going to get interesting if City get Falcao!

----------------------Hart

--Zabaleta---Kompany-----Mangala---Kolarov

-------------Toure-------Fernand(inh)o
-------Silva----------------------------Nasri

---------------Falcao----Aguero

Things are going to get interesting if City get Falcao!

----------------------Hart

--Zabaleta---Kompany-----Mangala---Kolarov

-------------Toure-------Fernand(inh)o
-------Silva----------------------------Nasri

---------------Falcao----Aguero
Would be sad to see Jovetic wasted. I really rate him.

Falcao to Utd apparently agreed. 51m, 4 year deal, 9m a year net. Serious LOL if true...

Sanogo will come good in 5 years time then we sell him to Barcelona. Wenger up to his old tricks again.

He is better then both, Rooney is dog shit and rvp is made of glass?

If they spend any more money they might be able to beat burnley

Probably a better defender then Johnny Evans at least falcao is good in the air

scene

Banned deucer.
favourite reaction to falcao signing so far

Andrew Thomas @andi_thomas
"If Di Maria was the hat before the trousers, then Falcao is another hat on top of that hat, only this one is on fire. Still no trousers."

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Manchester United have replaced Van Persie before Arsenal have replaced Van Persie
although apparently united replacing Van persie may impact arsenal replacing him, since welbeck is supposedly having a medical at arsenal atm...

(my only opinion on this is FUCK)

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welbeck is really solid, he gives more striker depth, getting Sanogoals out of the picture entirely (where he belongs for now). Girouds nonpenaltygoals/90 mins over last four years: 2011: .28 2012: .53 2013: .43 2014: .44, Welbecks: 2011 (Sund): .31 2012: .40 2013: .07 2014: .56

He had a bad year in 2013 but other than that he's been really good. i was really excited about tottenham potentially getting him, since he seemed a perfect fit for pochettino's system, but nope :/

Long live Financial Fair Play, City somehow manage to sell an injured Negredo back to Spain and make at least 5m over what they paid a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)