CUTEABILITY RANKINGS (see post 205)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Flabebe is a fucking try hard piece of shit that should stay C rank cause it thinks its better than other Pokemon.

If I see one more picture of nincada I may throw up, I hope that is Macleod tier, because even it's "cute" pictures are ugly as hell.

I demand credit for helping tier Pokemon that start with letters F-L.

Also Joltik is literally the cutest Pokemon of all time, no hate.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Hold on wait what

How is Duskull D-Rank? It's adorable and spooky and cute. I'm not excepting it to be S- or even A-Rank (even though its S-Rank in my heart <3), but at the very least it shouldn't share the tier the uglies

DUSKULL FOR B-RANK

atomicllamas Huh I don't get the hate for Flabebe. I see it as a little fairy of love and kindness and the fact that it's so tiny and small and just happily clinging to its flower makes me see it as B at the very least for sure (I'm inclined towards A/S but I'd settle for B). To each their own, I guess. .__.

But Joltik you and I can agree. S Rank fo sho.

And Natu in no way belongs in D rank, it's waaaay cuter than everything else in there at the moment:

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Hold on wait what

How is Duskull D-Rank? It's adorable and spooky and cute. I'm not excepting it to be S- or even A-Rank (even though its S-Rank in my heart <3), but at the very least it shouldn't share the tier the uglies

DUSKULL FOR B-RANK

I actually always thought it was cute in the anime and XD Gale of Darkness but it's in-game sprites are ug

B works, it's still p adorable
um litwick is not good but its still cute as FUCK

on that note litwick to S pls

EDIT:
and I thought it couldn't get cuter
YES please, i squealed when i first saw it

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just noticed that Klink is ranked higher than Happiny...

Unliked, unfavorited, and unsubscribed. GOOD DAY, SIR.

Pictures for Happiny's rise:

Last edited:
Nominating Chespin for A+. It just has those big eyes, friendly complexion, endearing smile, and cute pokey spike things.

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
If Azurill is A-rank, Sentret should be too. They both sit on their unreasonably large tails, look like they're pouting all the time, and have squeaky cries.

Also why is Pumpkaboo D-rank it has the cutest fangs .o.

Archen should definitely at least be in B ranking for it's endearing personality alone. It's a protobird Pokemon and tries its hardest to finally be able to fly but just can't do it. So it languishes on the ground

I'd like to petition for Munchlax to go from C rank to B rank.

blarajan said:
C-Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that are about average, in terms of cuteness, in the LC metagame, but have just as notable flaws that prevent them from being adorable. Pokemon in the C tier often have some design flaws that make them appear less huggable than those in higher tiers. C tier Pokemon tend to be outshined by other pokemon in the tier.
I specifically want to highlight Munchlax's above average huggability factor.

It's X pokedex entry states: "It hides food under its long body hair. However, it forgets it has hidden the food."

As we can tell from this entry, Munchlax if quite fluffy. This increases Munchlax's huggability exponentially. In addition, it's tendency to forget about the food that it hides proves that it's an adorable little dork.

The C-Rank description also highlights how "C tier Pokemon tend to be outsinhed by other pokemon" but I highly doubt that Munchlax is less huggable than B-tier Pokemon like Spearow (shown to irritable and short tempered in the anime), Nidoran (sure, let's hug the pokemon with poison points sticking out everywhere), and Pawniard (hugging and sharp objects don't mix).

blarajan said:
B-Rank
Reserved for Pokemon who are decently cute the LC metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than of those above it that prevents them from being in the same tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they aren't quite as cute or cuddly as you would like your pokemon to be.
I believe this tier suits Munchlax far better, as Munchlax is the epitome of the standard "Their positive traits outshine their negatives". Munchlax is just as quirky from a flavor standpoint as S-Ranked Scraggy, and Munchlax's cuddle factor may very well be on par with S-Rank Teddiursa (both are small, fuzzy bear pokemon), but Munchlax has a sort of awkward color scheme, and it's body proportions tend to favor it's torso rather than it's head, unlike most S and A rank Pokemon. From the standpoint of flavor and mannerisms, though, Munchlax is a very solid B.

It also has a super cute cry:

Last edited:

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
blarajan

THESE ARE THE CUTEABILITY RANKINGS BITCHES. WE HAVE TIERED EVERY SINGLE LITTLE CUP POKEMON IN TERMS OF CUTENESS...BUT WE NEED YOUR INPUTS TOO. In this thread, we are to rationally evaluate Little Cup Pokemon by cuteness...we are not going to change a Pokemon's ranking because "LOL I THINK IT'S CUTE." Just like in the Viability rankings thread, POST SOLID ARGUMENTS AND PICTURE EVIDENCE FOR CUTENESS.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Viability Ranking Council
For more controversial cases, the viability ranking council will vote on the Pokemon's tiering.

blarajan
prem
Caledrith

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Tier List

Without further ado, here is the initial tier list with the rough definitions of each tier (note: Pokemon are ordered alphabetically).

S-Rank

• Buneary

• Bunnelby

• Cubchoo

• Cyndaquil

• Joltik

• Scraggy

• Teddiursa

• Tirtouga
A-Rank

• Azurill

• Blitzle

• Bulbasaur

• Charmander

• Chikorita

• Deerling

• Dratini

• Drifloon

• Drilbur

• Eevee

• Fletchling

• Foongus

• Goomy

• Growlithe

• Hippopotas

• Hoppip

• Horsea

• Houndour

• Inkay

• Larvitar

• Litleo

• Litwick

• Mantyke

• Mareep

• Mienfoo

• Minccino

• Omanyte

• Oshawott

• Pancham

• Phanpy

• Piplup

• Poliwag

• Ponyta

• Riolu

• Sandshrew

• Shellos

• Shinx

• Skiddo

• Skitty

• Snivy

• Solosis

• Spheal

• Spinarak

• Spoink

• Squirtle

• Stunky

• Swablu

• Taillow

• Tepig

• Togepi

• Torchic

• Totodile

• Tyrunt

• Vulpix

B-Rank

• Abra

• Aipom

• Aron

• Axew

• Bidoof

• Budew

• Buizel

• Chimchar

• Chinchou

• Cleffa

• Corphish

• Cottonee

• Cubone

• Darumaka

• Ducklett

• Dwebble

• Elgyem

• Foongus

• Froakie

• Gastly

• Gible

• Golett

• Grimer

• Helioptile

• Inkay

• Lillipup

• Magby

• Magnemite

• Magikarp

• Mime Jr.

• Mudkip

• Nidoranf

• Nidoranm

• Noibat

• Oddish

• Pawniard

• Petilil

• Pichu

• Pidgey

• Poochyena

• Porygon

• Ralts

• Rattata

• Rufflet

• Sandile

• Seel

• Sewaddle

• Shellder

• Shelmet

• Shieldon

• Skorupi

• Slowpoke

• Smoochum

• Snorunt

• Snover

• Snubbull

• Spearow

• Starly

• Staryu

• Surskit

• Swinub

• Tentacool

• Timburr

• Treecko

• Vanillite

• Vullaby

• Wailmer

• Weedle

• Wingull

• Wooper

• Wynaut

• Zigzagoon

• Zorua

C-Rank

• Bellsprout

• Bonsly

• Bronzor

• Carvanha

• Cherubi

• Chingling

• Deino

• Doduo

• Elekid

• Flabébé

• Frillish (Male)

• Hoothoot

• Omanyte

• Klink

• Krabby

• Larvesta

• Ledyba

• Lotad

• Machop

• Makuhita

• Mankey

• Meowth

• Munchlax

• Munna

• Numel

• Panpour

• Pansage

• Pansear

• Paras

• Psyduck

• Purrloin

• Rhyhorn

• Sentret

• Shuppet

• Skrelp

• Slakoth

• Slugma

• Sunkern

• Trapinch

• Trubbish

• Turtwig

• Venonat

• Voltorb

• Woobat
D-Rank

• Anorith

• Archen

• Bagon

• Barboach

• Cacnea

• Cranidos

• Diglett

• Duskull

• Ekans

• Electrike

• Exeggcute

• Finneon

• Geodude

• Glameow

• Gulpin

• Honedge

• Igglybuff

• Karrablast

• Koffing

• Natu

• Nincada

• Onix

• Pidove

• Pineco

• Pumpkaboo

• Remoraid

• Roggenrola

• Seedot

• Shroomish

• Spritzee

• Tympole

• Tynamo

• Tyrogue

• Venipede

• Wurmple

• Yamask
macle Rank

• Baltoy

• Clamperl

• Croagunk

• Drowzee

• Ferroseed

• Frillish (Female)

• Goldeen

• Gothita

• Happiny

• Kricketot

• Lickitung

• Lileep

• Magikarp

• Nosepass

• Scatterbug

• Whismur

• Zubat
Patrat Rank

• FUCK PATRAT

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀​

Special thanks to atomicllamas for the descriptions, and Raseri Rowan Caledrith prem for helping make the list! Keep in mind, there were a ton of Pokemon, so our initial drafting isn't the most rigorous. Also, we might do A+, A, A= etc eventually, but that shit's hard.

c/p code for the OP; switch to the bbcode editor

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
HOLY SHIT GUYS LETS MOVE EVERYTHING TO S+ RANK!!1!

No. S-rank should be reserved for the cutest of the cute. Bears, marsupials, chinchillas, bunnies and balloons only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)