Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

(Operating system) Windows 7
Browser chrome/internet explorer
(Other browsers) none
Problem started a few months ago
PS username Connwaer
(Problem) after a minute it either says failed to connect to server or server has restarted. I've clicked restart and refreshed the page but it doesn't work. Then if I do manage to connect I can't battle because it say error aocket hangup please try again, the. I do and the l same thing appears.

Operating system - windows 7
  1. Web Browser - firefox
  2. Have you tried other browsers? - yes
  3. When did this problem start? - 3 days ago
  4. Your PS username - unclefather69
  5. i dont play on the web version but i play on the program, i try to play a game but it says its loading, i wait but still its loading i dont know whats up ive checked other browsers but it no work on the program plz help

1. Windows 7
  2. Chrome
  3. No
  4. When I wanted to change my background
  5. Chad414
  6. I downloaded the source code and i cant find out how to change the background. Could someone please tell me where to add a custom background?

Keep us updated. Does that problem persist ? Did you try in another computer ?

Is this the same thing between http:// and https:// ? Also, please check your firewall settings or try to disable it in order to connect to PS.
I'm still having problems
I tried http:// and https:// and I am still unable to connect to the smogon university official server
I went to my fire wall settings and allowed incoming connections from pokemon showdown and I was still unable to connect
I disabled my firewall and tried to connect and I had no luck there as well
I was also looking around and spotted this but idk if it means anything:

1. Operating system: Windows 7
  2. (Web Browser) Google Chrome (Version: 36.0.1985.143)
  3. (Other Browsers?) Tried IE, couldn't connect either.
  4. (When did this problem start?) Been a recurring problem now, sometimes doesn't happen for weeks, then I can't connect for weeks.
  5. (PS username) lnfernape (That's a lowercase L, not an I at the beginning)
  6. (Problem) Connection to ladder server failed with error: Error: Socket hang up; please try again later
Image of problem:
http://tinypic.com/r/1691840/8

Please help

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
  1. Operating system: Windows 7
  2. (Web Browser) Google Chrome (Version: 36.0.1985.143)
  3. (Other Browsers?) Tried IE, couldn't connect either.
  4. (When did this problem start?) Been a recurring problem now, sometimes doesn't happen for weeks, then I can't connect for weeks.
  5. (PS username) lnfernape (That's a lowercase L, not an I at the beginning)
  6. (Problem) Connection to ladder server failed with error: Error: Socket hang up; please try again later
Image of problem:
http://tinypic.com/r/1691840/8

Please help
This isn't a technical problem on your end. When you get this, that means that the ladder is down. That is the server's fault, not yours, you're good.
Source: I got the same message.

No, this happens every time I get on now, and I can clearly watch other battles and people in the chats are still talking, but I just cant play. I tried the downloadable client and it worked, but I'd rather play in the browser.

1. Operating System: Windows 7
  2. Web Browser - Firefox and Internet Explorer
  3. Have you tried other browsers? - not on this computer
  4. When did this problem start? - about a week ago
  5. Your PS username - Insanelegend
  6. The Problem: Whenever I try to get on, it either disconnects me or doesnt load. Please help

1. Operating system:
  2. Web Browser: Safari 6.0.5
  3. Problem not applicable to other browsers
  4. Problem started about 5 minutes ago
  5. PS username: ProfShroomish
  6. I was team building in Showdown, when I decided I didn't want to use Whimsicott. From its section, I went to the import window, and cleared the text. The screen faded a bit, and I had to leave the team builder. Now, the team builder won't open at all. Help?
I can still select a team to battle with, just not edit them. http://oi61.tinypic.com/2cwvss6.jpg

Last edited:
  1. Operating system : Windows 8
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Tried with IE and the downloadable version, as well as another computer
  4. noticed it August 30th
  5. Warchomp VGC
  6. When I go in "Watch a battle", there is always only 100 battles showing, even though there are many more actually running. Also, most of the time, the first battle on the top is nearly completed.

1. Windows 8.1
  2. FireFox
  3. Yes and no it dosent affect them
  4. today
  5. AlphaAcidic
  6. It Barley launches from desktop and when it does the background of it is missing and i can only see names of the pokemon

how do U turn off desktop notifications? i have a macbook air, i turned off safari notifications on my mac settings but it still happens

1. Windows 7
  2. Chrome
  3. IE works, but I don't have any teams there, I can't import, and well.... it's IE.
  4. today while working in the teambuilder
  5. Manectrifier
  6. Whatever I do, I can't get in the teambuilder any more. When I click it, it does notice me clicking, but the teambuilding window doesn't appear. The ladder button and credits button work fine. I've tried refreshing the page, trying on another alt, even restarting my pc, but when I start PS again the teambuilder button still doesn't work. On other devices, it does work (on the same alt), however.
Is there another way to get into the teambuilder? That might work.

EDIT: Ok so I tried typing /teambuilder in the url bar after the regular url and now it says that it's loading the teambuilder but it doesn't appear no matter how long I wait. when I try to log in on that page (it doesn't do it automatically here, it says the following: This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly. But I can still chat and do stuff on the regular site (so without the /teambuilder part), so that shouldn't be the problem.

Last edited:
  1. Operating system (Microsoft 7)
  2. Web Browser (Chrome 37.0.2062.102)
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? (Tried FireFox, same problem)
  4. When did this problem start? (1st September)
  5. Your PS username (VicariousUmbreon)
  6. And of, course, your problem (When attempting to load the "Watch a battle" list, it only lists 100 battles, even though I'm sure there are more, and the battles that are at the top of the list are close to being over.)

1. Windows 7
  2. Chrome
  3. IE works, but I don't have any teams there, I can't import, and well.... it's IE.
  4. today while working in the teambuilder
  5. Manectrifier
  6. Whatever I do, I can't get in the teambuilder any more. When I click it, it does notice me clicking, but the teambuilding window doesn't appear. The ladder button and credits button work fine. I've tried refreshing the page, trying on another alt, even restarting my pc, but when I start PS again the teambuilder button still doesn't work. On other devices, it does work (on the same alt), however.
Is there another way to get into the teambuilder? That might work.

EDIT: Ok so I tried typing /teambuilder in the url bar after the regular url and now it says that it's loading the teambuilder but it doesn't appear no matter how long I wait. when I try to log in on that page (it doesn't do it automatically here, it says the following: This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly. But I can still chat and do stuff on the regular site (so without the /teambuilder part), so that shouldn't be the problem.
In case I wasn't clear in my post, this is the exact same problem I'm having.

In case I wasn't clear in my post, this is the exact same problem I'm having.
Okay so what I did is clear my cookies. It worked, and I can enter the teambuilder again, but obviously I've lost all my teams. I couldn't make the backup beforehand, obviously, as I couldn't enter the teambuilder. If you've made a backup prior to the problem, however, just clear your cookies and restore your teams. If you have not, it's a tough choice between losing your teams (and manually re-entering those you know by heart) or waiting till someone finds another solution. Good luck and hope this helped! (assuming your problem hasn't been fixed yet, ofc)

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Operating system: Windows 8
Web Browser: Google Chrome
I've tried Internet Explorer and same problem comes up.
When did this problem start: Around August after I'd gotten back from a trip and had taken my computer.
Your PS username: Faxxifer
And of, course, your problem: Basically whenever I load showdown on my browser (And other servers too) It loads everything, except chat or battles. Proof: http://prntscr.com/4prx3g It's basically stuck on this screen the whole time. And of course here's a screenshot of the inspect element of it http://prntscr.com/4pryk9

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
Faxxifer:

hey dude, I was having a similar problem for the past 3 days myself, and my laptop was fresh out of the box so i was pretty bamboozled.

anyway it turned out to be some crapware under the name of "Superfish Inc" that came pre-installed with my machine. Apparently it was serving "invisible" ads over the chat area or something? Yeah..

once i uninstalled that everything was working like it should.

windows 8
chrome

i had a ps server registered recently, and then i encountered a problem when trying to access the server on another device or laptop on the same network connection as the one hosting the server. it was fine before the sever was registered

the screenshot is from my laptop, but i encounter the same problem if i'm on my phone while connected to the same wi-fi

I am on a University of Georgia PC and I can't connect to the main server. I get the message "Couldn't connect to server".

Sometimes I play under the name "ps4td" but most of the time I don't login and use random names.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)