XY OU The Sandstorm Rages.

Mega Ttar is cool
To start off, this team was built around my favorite mega, mega ttar. The aim of the team is to remove all possible checks/counters and then proceed to DD, and sweep with mega ttar. Plan B is to umm sweep with either keldeo, thundurus, excadrill, landorus or azumarill. lol. This team has been performing well on the ladder, and i'm happy about that. So without further ado, let me present you my team.
Changes in red:

Team Building process
Well i started with mega ttar obviously

Keldeo seemed like a good partner, removing most of tyranitar checks and counters

Next came thundurus, he paralyzes fast stuff and is a form of speed control

I needed a spinner and had an offensive presence, excadrill fit the bill and also benefits from sand with his ability sand rush

I needed a stealth rocker, heatran was a good choice because he also gave me a fire immunity

The team was almost complete but i wanted more offensive presence so i added landorus

Then i noticed i had a huge weakness to greninja, so i opted for AV azumarill over heatran to check greninja and gave stealth rocks to landorus

The Team in-depth

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This is the typical mega ttar ddance set. Stone edge hits unaware clef and azumarill pretty hard, earthquake covers bisharp and excadrill. Ice punch is the coverage move, it hits gliscor, lando-t and hippo. mega ttar is so bulky, at full health it can tank excadrills earthquake and scizors bullet punch, it can set up in the face of pretty much anything except for strong mach punch users aka breloom. The EVs are simple, maximize attack and speed. jolly nature so I outspeed greninja at +1.

Relevant calcs:

252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Ice Punch vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 324-384 (92 - 109%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 300-356 (78.5 - 93.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 252-298 (60 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Tyranitar: 168-200 (49.2 - 58.6%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Tyranitar: 258-306 (75.6 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]

IMO, this is keldeos best set it can run. hydro pump hits hard on even a neutral hit, taking out many counters to tyranitar. Keldeo also beats skarmory, another counter to tyranitar. secret sword beats opposing ttar, and takes care of bisharp, also good for beating chansey. scald is for burning stuff like scizor and azumarill on the switch, also mamoswine. HP flying hits mega venu, which is annoying af. EVs are simple too, maximizing special attack and speed. choice specs lets it hit extremely hard. I considered choice scarf to beat greninja (by sending landorus to bait an ice beam, switching into keldeo and killing with secret sword), but i wanted the extra power and keldeo already is pretty fast by itself.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Next up we have Thundurus. This guy paras annoying stuff like greninja (in case azu somehow died). thunderbolt is his main STAB and beats annoying flyspam. he also helps me check flyspam together with tyranitar. focus blast hits ferrothorn and ttar really hard, and HP ice has good coverage with t-bolt. (magnezone dies to focus blast hehe) EVs give him max speed and special attack, decreases SR damage. timid allows me to go as fast as possible and outspeed all the noobs that run modest lol. I chose life orb over leftovers and expert belt to hit as hard as possible. psychic could also be used over focus blast to hit mega venu but then you have a hard time against ttar.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

This is sand rush sweeper excadrill except rapid spin instead of swords dance because thundurus doesn't like stealth rocks. air balloon helps me beat other life orb sand rush excadrills because they have to pop my balloon first before the EQ, but i can EQ directly. In the case that they have an air balloon too, i usually go first because i run jolly. This set is simple, rapid spin gets rid of annoying hazards, earthquake wrecks stuff like bisharp and terrakion, also other excadrills too. rock slide hits talonflame and other annoying pokes like mega pinsir, sort of like edgequake, i guess it's rockquake or edgeslide lol. iron head is excadrill's secondary STAB, hitting fairies like clefable. Okay i won't talk about the EVs this time because you probably know what i'm going to say already lol. Excadrill already basically outspeeds the whole metagame under sand, so I was wondering if someone has a bulkier EV spread or maybe a better one.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Originally this was calm mind landorus, but after I took heatran out i didn't have anyone to give stealth rocks to, so I replaced calm mind with SR. landorus forces many switches, so it has the ability to set up rocks repeatedly. earth power is it's main STAB hitting bisharp and heatran, and even neutral hits do a lot. psychic hits mega venu and conkeldurr hard, focus miss blast rounds out the coverage and OHKOes tyranitar, as long as it hits. also this way I'm not hard walled by skarmory. landorus could also run knock off to beat lati@s. landorus tears apart stall teams and common cores like VenuTran. landorus and keldeo together can really wreck stall. EVs are quite simple but i actually run a different spread, and i don't want to give it away. timid lets it outspeed mega medicham and manaphy and base 100s. nothing in the tier really wants to switch into landorus because he's just too boss.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

This spot used to be heatran's but he gave me a weakness to greninja so I had to change him out and replace him with AV azumarill. azumarill checks non grass knot/non hp grass greninja, and hits pretty hard even without CB. waterfall is awesome STAB and is cool for flinching although i've like never gotten a flinch with it, aqua jet sort of remedies it's low speed and gives it priority which is helpful for beating mons like diggersby and mamoswine and stuff like that. play rough is extremely powerful on a neutral hit and breaks through common frail pokes on HO like thundurus. knock off trolls common switchins except for mega venu and it also helps for removing chansey's eviolite. The EV spread helps me tank hits from zard x and dragonite and stuff like that. azumarill is also my dragon slayer because play rough OHKOes everything except for like sashers (no really).
some more calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 16 HP / 240 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 229-273 (66.3 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 16 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 124-147 (35.9 - 42.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 238-282 (79.5 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (also if no rocks are up, taken out by play rough + aqua jet)
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 390-462 (120.7 - 143%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 476-564 (131.8 - 156.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Okay, so that's my RMT based on mega ttar, i have some replays and if you suggest any changes please back them up with solid reasons and stuff. i won't have a shoutouts section cuz i don't have frends :]
thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Mixed -
SubToxic -
Offensive Swords Dance -
Full Out Attacker -

Full Out Attacker - thundy paras, keldeo

Full out attacker - azumarill aqua jet bye

Agility - excadrill in sand, azumarill play rough

Lead - annoying dude i don't have taunters but i could kill with keldeo
Dual Screens - keldeo

Belly Drum - thundy paras and i hope for hax
Choice Band - azumarill if it's banded into aqua jet or something
Assault Vest - thundy paras and i spam thunderbolt

Swords Dance - excadrill in sand, sucker punch is annoying
Pursuit - no one on my team cares about pursuit that much

Offensive Rapid Spin - kek

Physical Attacker - lando uses psychic
Lead - I usually lead with lando, psychic, I get spored then switch in thundy
Swords Dance- lando psychic

Dragon Dance - usually thundy paras then ttar stone edges
Bulky Will-O-Wisp - keldeo hydro pump, thundy paras, lando earth power

Full Out Attacker - exca in sand

Assault Vest - azu play rough
Bulk Up - lando psychic and azu play rough

Swords Dance - keldeo secret sword and azumarill
Choice Band - same thing

Choice Scarf - azu uses aqua jet
Choice Band - same thing
Swords Dance - still the same thing
Focus Sash - aqua jet

Choice Scarf - just don't set up with ttar

Dragon Dance - azumarill
Choice Band - azumarill
Bulky Roost - ttar stone edge or set up on it and hope it doesn't carry EQ

Trapper - keldeo or azumarill

Full Out Attacker - keldeo doesn't care about burns

Dual Screens - same thing as azelf
Baton Pass - gotta send in ttar break smeargle's sash and kill it

Rapid Spin - exca if not ballooned, keldeo and azu
Choice Scarf - same thing
Sand Rush - same thing

Sticky Web Lead - ttar ddance on sticky web then stone edge

Swords Dance - azumarill, thundurus
Choice Band - thundurus
Choice Scarf - azumarill
Stealth Rock - azumarill or thundurus

Full out attacker - see above

Choice Scarf - what

Offensive Calm Mind - excadrill in sand
Attacker - excadrill in sand

Taunt + Will-O-Wisp - if carrying sub, annoying af gotta spam scald with keldeo
Full Out Attacker - keldeo if no sub then azu, thundy paras

All Out Attacker - azu, thundy paras

Substitute Dragon Dance - azu
Offensive Dragon Dance - thundy paras and azu

Dragon Dance - keldeo azu and thundy

Full Out Attacker - tyranitar, exca in sand, and thundy and azu

Choice Scarf / Specs - azu and lando and keldeo
Air Balloon - keldeo, azu

Swords Dance - keldeo scald and hope for hax
Full Out Attacker - same thing lol but watch out for bullet seed other wise azu

Nasty Plot - azu
Mixed attacker - azu

Choice Band - thundy paras
Swords Dance - same

Choice Specs - thundy
Calm Mind - azu
Choice Scarf - azu

Rain Dance - azu
Choice Specs - still azu

Substitute - exca in sand, gotta break sub first
Mixed - exca still in sand
Choice Scarf - i think exca outspeeds

Special Attacker - azu
Choice Scarf - i guess still azu

Double Dancer - azu or keldeo don't let it set up though
Choice Scarf - annoying to face, keldeo
Pivot - keldeo and azu also HP ice thundy

Life Orb Tank - thundy paras and azu play roughs, ttar sets up all over this guy

Life Orb - same thing
Choice Scarf - ttar ain't scared of trick
Choice Specs - watch out if caring surf or something, still ttar, switch in on draco

Swords Dance - exca in sand

Rain Dance Sweeper - i guess azu or thundy para

Choice Specs - exca and lando
Substitute - what's that? i guess it's still the same thing

Full Out Attacker - keldeo and azu
Lead - azu aqua jets twice

Tail Glow - para it with thundy and spam t bolt
Calm Mind + Rain Dance - annoying cuz you can't t wave it, mess up his weather with ttar on predicted rests

Offensive Pivot - ttar, exca in sand

Swords Dance -
Substitute Focus Punch -

Full Out Attacker - annoying, need to t wave and hope for hax, keldeo scald spam
Substitute - keldeo scald it to death

Baton Pass - t wave and hit it with strong hits
Defog - same thing

Choice Specs - ttar stone edge or ice punch
Choice Scarf - same thing
Life Orb - same thing

Swords Dance - exca in sand, don't switch in on CC

Rain Support - thundy

Choice Scarf - thundy is your best bet, lando can psychic
Bulky Attacker - same thing
Pivot -

Dragon Dance - ttar, azu
Mixed - azu
Choice Scarf - azu i guess

Choice Band - thundy
Swords Dance - thundy
Bulky Swords Dance - thundy
Defog - thundy

Swords Dance - see above
Bulky Swords Dance -
Defog -

Late Game Cleaner - keldeo and thundy

Choice Band - thundy
Choice Scarf - watch out for final gambit, thundy

Hazard Lead - ttar breaks sash with sandstorm
Baton Pass - same thing

Offensive Rapid Spin - thundy

Calm Mind - this guy is annoying i think keldeo or thundy before it sets up

Choice Specs - exca

Choice Band - ttar
Swords Dance - ttar
Bulk Up - exca in sand

Substitute + Swords Dance - exca in sand, lando
Choice Band - same
Choice Scarf - azu
Double Dance - same
Lead - azu aqua jet twice

Nasty Plot - azu play rough + aqua jet
Prankster - exca in sand
Mixed - same

Double Dancer - huh
Choice Scarf - what

Nasty Plot - ttar
Defensive Nasty Plot - ttar and thundy

Choice Specs - thundy
Life Orb - thundy
Assault Vest - thundy and exca

Choice Band - keldeo, lando
Choice Scarf - same
Smooth Rock - same

Dragon Dance - keldeo and lando and ttar and exca and azu and thundy

Offensive - lando psychic

Offensive Quiver Dance - ttar
Bulky Quiver Dance / Roost - ttar

Dragon Dance - azu
Coil - azu and thundy

Standard OU Defensive Threats

Stealth Rock Tank - keldeo

Wish Passer - thundy

Physically Defensive - hp ice thundy
Specially Defensive - ice punch ttar

Support - keldeo, ttar sets up on it azu too

Spikes - azu and lando

Bulky Roost - azu and ttar

Standard - keldeo, thundy lando

Physically Defensive - lol

Substitute + Protect - keldeo and thundy
Stallbreaker - same
Specially Defensive - ice punch ttar

Bulky Support - thundy
Resttalk - thundy

Specially Defensive - my whole team

Physical Tank - keldeo and azu
Specially Defensive - same

Stealth Rock Support - lol

Support - azu
Reflect / Refresh + Calm Mind - idk stall out reflect and azu

Stallbreaker - keldeo

Substitute + Roost - ttar

Defensive - knock off the eviolite and keldeo secret sword

Physically Defensive - keldeo, if it's like water absorb then forfeit

Stealth Rock Tank - aqua jet dead i guess

Support - thundy

Prankster - keldeo spam hydro pump and also para it

Physically Defensive - keldeo and thundy

Tank - thundy paras and spams t bolt
Assault Vest - same thing i guess

Tank -
Assault Vest - see above

Tank - secret sword keldeo

Defensive Rapid Spin - thundy

Wish + Protect - exca in sand

Defensive - thundy HP ice
Assault Vest - what

Substitute + Toxic - exca and thundy
Protect - lol

Specially Defensive - my whole team wrecks it

Wish + Cleric Support - thundy and keldeo and azu

Defensive - lando psychic, annoying if lando is dead, second best bet is ttar

Prankster Leech Seed - para then exca iron head

Custap Berry - what
Bulky - no really? t wave it and stall it out of pp

Physically Defensive - ttar and exca
Specially Defensive - same
Substitute Roost - same

i think that's how you do the threatlist right

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-158904820

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-158907096

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-158933654

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-158935672

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-158936322

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-158938666

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-158939563

Last edited:

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
Hi, nice team you have there.
Because your Excadrill is a sand sweeper, and IMO your second wincon after TTar, I would suggest changing Rapid Spin for Swords Dance. This allows Exca to start wrecking teams after one boost, which you can get with your ground immunity(Air Balloon). Rapid Spin is not really needed because you do not need it, as you will see from my next change. Because now you have no hazards control, I would suggest Defog Latios over SR Landorus. Latios makes a god partner with Exca and Keldeo, while if you run Hidden Power Fire in the 3rd moveslot, Latios takes care of Ferrothorn, which is a pain for your sand sweepers. Latios is also a reliable answer to Breloom, who wrecks TTar.
That is all for my suggestions, I think this is a pretty solid team and TTar is a great sweeper who can pick apart teams after just one DDance. Good luck with your team!

Hi, nice team you have there.
Because your Excadrill is a sand sweeper, and IMO your second wincon after TTar, I would suggest changing Rapid Spin for Swords Dance. This allows Exca to start wrecking teams after one boost, which you can get with your ground immunity(Air Balloon). Rapid Spin is not really needed because you do not need it, as you will see from my next change. Because now you have no hazards control, I would suggest Defog Latios over SR Landorus. Latios makes a god partner with Exca and Keldeo, while if you run Hidden Power Fire in the 3rd moveslot, Latios takes care of Ferrothorn, which is a pain for your sand sweepers. Latios is also a reliable answer to Breloom, who wrecks TTar.
That is all for my suggestions, I think this is a pretty solid team and TTar is a great sweeper who can pick apart teams after just one DDance. Good luck with your team!
that doesn't make sense, if i replace rapid spin with swords dance, then defog latios over sr landorus then i don't have hazards

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
that doesn't make sense, if i replace rapid spin with swords dance, then defog latios over sr landorus then i don't have hazards
I do not really think it is that important to have SR as you already have solid answers to Pinsir-Mega, Talonflame, and Zard Y. Also from my experience Exca is not as reliable a spinner as you might think, while Latios does a lot for your team, as Lando has redundant coverage. BTW Latios also easily destroys Venu and adds nice synergy.

Stealth Rocks are pretty much a must for every competitive team. Excadrill is a very reliable spinner, because he has such a huge offensive presence he forces so many switches that he can rapid spin alot. Also my team is more of HO team, and Latios just doesn't give the extra power that Lando does. Also Magic Guard Clef is annoying with Lando gone because it could potentially sweep my team at full HP if Excadrill is weakned.
Lando 2HKOes Clef with Earthpower, while moonblast is only a 3HKO. If I add Latios, I will be much weaker and I won't have a really solid counter to it, since Excadrill dies to flamethower from Clefable. +2 Clefable basically sweeps my entire team because flamethrower KOs Excadrill. Lando at +2 tanks moon blast and 2HKOes with Earthpower, leaving room for sand rush exca to finish with iron head.

I would suggest you change your evs on av azumarill to 16 hp / 252 atk / 240 sp. def. While it is usually better to invest in hp before defenses, with av azumarill you aren't really going to be taking physical hits anyway, and this spread will allow you to deal with greninja better.
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Grass vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 174-205 (43.3 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Grass vs. 16 HP / 240 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 135-164 (39.1 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

I would suggest you change your evs on av azumarill to 16 hp / 252 atk / 240 sp. def. While it is usually better to invest in hp before defenses, with av azumarill you aren't really going to be taking physical hits anyway, and this spread will allow you to deal with greninja better.
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Grass vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 174-205 (43.3 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Grass vs. 16 HP / 240 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 135-164 (39.1 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
okay i think i will change that but I lose the ability to check mega gyarados, dragonite and zard x because then i'm 2HKOed after earthquake, earthquake and flare blitz after stealth rocks respectively. I'll give it a try! HP grass greninja is pretty uncommon though...
thanks for the rate btw :]

Hey man cool team! I would recommend psychic on thundurus, you said focus blast is for ttar and ferro but seriously the rest of your team beats Ttar lol and ferro while annoying can be dealt with by Keldeo, that's my only suggestion other than that team looks solid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)