The Everything NHL Thread

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It did, didn't it. It's hard to get excited when you feel nobody is anymore.

May be time to retire this old account for good.

But say, I've been meaning to ask, if I want to see some of you guys just to say hi, where should I go now?

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
It did, didn't it. It's hard to get excited when you feel nobody is anymore.

May be time to retire this old account for good.

But say, I've been meaning to ask, if I want to see some of you guys just to say hi, where should I go now?
Vineon Facebook, I guess. I spoke with Brain about this very subject in #smogon recently, during one of my increasingly infrequent visits. He said that his internet presence is waning as well, but that he'd try to use Facebook a little bit more.

Also, if you want to hang out with a lot of the old school Smogoners, #nuggetbridge is where you'll find us.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Shame if we won't continue, but thanks for the fun ride we had :) And Vineon & others, there's indeed always facebook to stay in touch.
Might be roaming around on both Smogon/NuggetBridge though seeing I actually ordered Pokemon Y again, first pokemon game since Diamond that I picked up.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have too many things to hide to add any of you to Facebook. Like my real gender, for instance.

I did join irc before to see some recognizable names but with no luck. I'll try again some other time. It was really dead when I left and that was two years ago.

I'll still be playing fantasy with the same theme, whether it's in a league with you guys or complete randoms.

This avatar is stupid.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
We already knew you were a transgender though, but yeah didn't actually join the irc channel in years either. Some settings of the server must have changed because the startup script I used didn't no longer work for me (and havent bothered fixing it or checking where it is). Just wasn't busy with the pokemon side of life the last few years ;) But with a son on the way I need to get up to speed so he can has the coolest dad ever ;)

So if everybody is bored of our current league we could always go back to doing one year leagues instead of having keepers. Either way, I'd play again this year if everybody still wants to.

Yeah, I felt like keepers just made the league very stagnant. Everyone basically had the same team, and nobody traded. Either way, I'm down to play whichever.

Well it looks like a lot of the people from the original league don't really have interest in renewing it. If somebody wants to take leadership and start up a league, go for it. I'm too lazy to be commissioner, but I do have the following preferences:

1) Auction draft
2) H2H League
3) No shutout stat for goalies
4) Replace PIM with Hits

It's not the end of the world if it is setup differently, those are just my personal preferences.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
so Justin8649 SkylarGreen Solace Royalty Texas Cloverleaf CaptainKishimoto Aldaron Vineon are all interested in a smogon, year by year (no keeper) league?

That's 8 minimum, I'm pretty sure we can scrounge up 4 more people.

anyone else interested? I don't mind being commissioner.

My preferences are the same as justin's along with a few activity requirements:

1.) you show up for the draft
2.) you be active during the year (set your lineups each week, respond to trade requests in a timely fashion)
3.) you check smogon at least one a week or something for conversation about the league and what not

If you're good with those, I think we're good to go

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Well. As years in a row have proven its hard fof me to show up for a draft if its not possible to do it before lets say 6 pm.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
I hate traditions ;) Can't we have a lockout again this year and start the season a few months late?
If we can draft late november I'll be probably awake at all times anyway due to the baby being here then :p

(at least I can tell him his daddy is the reigning fantasy hockey champ)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)