[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is it at all possible to check if a Pokémon has hacked parents, besides checking for illegal Poké Balls?

Or do you just have to trust the source?

Thanks in advance.

Is it at all possible to check if a Pokémon has hacked parents, besides checking for illegal Poké Balls?

Or do you just have to trust the source?

Thanks in advance.
There's no real way of checking for hacked parents apart from what you said, so yes, gotta trust the source.

Language: JPN
Species: Ditto
OT: ぬみゆし
ID No.: 35331
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Ability: Imposter
Pokemon's name: メタモン
Level: 100
Pokeball: Luxury Ball
Shiny?: Y
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): Got this from my sister, but i don't know where she got it from. Wondering if it's a known legit or hacked 6IV ditto.

Language: JPN
Species: Ditto
OT: ぬみゆし
ID No.: 35331
Ability: Imposter
Pokemon's name: メタモン
Pokeball: Luxury Ball
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Mischievous
Other comments (optional): Got this from my sister, but i don't know where she got it from. Wondering if it's a known legit or hacked 6IV ditto.
Hacked, Imposter Ditto (from Unova, hidden grotto Pokémon) can't be shiny iirc.

http://i.imgur.com/Gu3Uaus.jpg

Pokéguy requested me to check Ghost_V2 PowerSaved Jirachi. I'm not too knowledgeable about event stuff but I think it's legal? Though I'm not sure if Shiny Jirachi having its Enligsh name is possible. So I'm leaving this here for people who are better equipped to check this to tell us what's going on. :(
English name is possible for 6th Gen events. The name is based on the language the game is set to.

http://i.imgur.com/Gu3Uaus.jpg

Pokéguy requested me to check Ghost_V2 PowerSaved Jirachi. I'm not too knowledgeable about event stuff but I think it's legal? Though I'm not sure if Shiny Jirachi having its Enligsh name is possible. So I'm leaving this here for people who are better equipped to check this to tell us what's going on. :(
To put this on the record I am in full support of this in the spirit of site rules - I have a clear conscience and nothing to hide.

I consulted a mod to be sure anything resulting from injecting the Wondercard is legally trade able on site as well.

If I am mistaken, I will happily contact those it has been traded to and trade back what I was offered for it. I will then delete it permanently from my cartridge.

Last edited:

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
how will hacked parents affect the bred one ?
Not much, unless if the female has an illegal ball, which that illegal ball will pass down to the baby.

Such as love ball Gothita lol. (Apricorn Balls never exist in Gen 5)
Or Premier Ball Amaura... also hacked.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
is there anyway to identify them? other than illegal ball. I'm still new to gen 6.
Well, if they don't fit in the guidelines in the OP, then they're hacked (but most of them are ball combos). Also, if they have the blue pentagon but no memories, they're also hacked (iirc). It's a lot harder to breed illegal movesets in gen VI, but if it was bred in other gens that's something to look out for. You only have the other person's word that the parents weren't hacked (if none of the above apply to your Pokemon).

If you're not sure if it's hacked, use the form in the OP and ask here, or just don't trade it.

edit: Feel free to VM/PM me if you have any more questions so we don't clog up the thread :)

Last edited:
Hi! Mackenzie and I would like a hack check for this celebi please :)

Language: SPA
Species: Celebi
OT: INV2011
ID No.: 01211
IVs: 31/6/31/30/31/30
EVs (optional): None
Ability: Wonder Guard... jk Natural Cure
Pokemon's name: Celebi
Level: 50
Pokeball: Cherish
Shiny?: No
Moves: Hidden Power (Fire), Giga Drain, Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball
Region of origin: Johto
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Has Pokerus. I did not RNG this myself, most likely received it during a fully-redis legend trade. I'd guess it looks legit, but it's kind of hard to tell with events :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hi! Mackenzie and I would like a hack check for this celebi please :)

Other comments (optional): Has Pokerus. I did not RNG this myself, most likely received it during a fully-redis legend trade. I'd guess it looks legit, but it's kind of hard to tell with events :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Outwardly legal (checking events sux because all the variable info is hidden and there are no common hacker OTs to watch for), but I suspect it's hacked (my spidey stick insect senses are tingling). If you/someone else could get a .pk6 of it that would help.
SRing Zygarde, yay excuses for not offering to check it myself!

Outwardly legal (checking events sux because all the variable info is hidden and there are no common hacker OTs to watch for), but I suspect it's hacked (my spidey stick insect senses are tingling). If you/someone else could get a .pk6 of it that would help.
Good luck with zygarde! Lol

I don't know how to get said file, are you too busy to help? I could trade you the celebi maybe? Otherwise I'm not sure what to do :/

edit: gonna find someone!

Last edited:

Hey Dark Ray ! So ooh_shiny helped me get these two files here http://www.mediafire.com/download/79ttwa2694aa80v/Blank.ekx
and here http://www.mediafire.com/download/0avi6d3g99e21fr/Key - Box1.bin

Is that enough info to check it? Sorry if those are the wrong files or something xD

edit: Thanks Dark Ray, you da best!

Last edited:
Other comments (optional): Has Pokerus. I did not RNG this myself, most likely received it during a fully-redis legend trade.
/me complains about how he actually has to be helpful for once

For anyone that has been following this the Celebi is hacked (wrong PID/IV method for how it's obtained).
If anyone else has a Celebi that matches the above visible info you might want to check the hidden info, if the PID is the same it's also hacked.

Language: ENG
Species: Manaphy
OT: MARK
ID No.: 10557
Ability: Hydration
Pokemon's name: Manaphy
Pokeball: Pokeball
Moves: Tail Glow/Psychic/Surf/Ice Beam

I'm having serious doubts Manaphy can originate from Johto. I always thought it could only be from Sinnoh.

I'm no expert by any means but this would fail my smell test.

Are these hacked?

Mystery Gift Diancie (6 IVs)
31/31/31/31/31/31
Quiet
Clear Body

Mystery Gift Diancie (Trick Room)
31/31/31/31/31/0
Quiet
Clear Body

Mystery Gift Diancie (HP Fire)
31/30/31/30/31/30
Quiet
Clear Body

JPN Mystery Gift Diancie (6 IVs)
31/31/31/31/31/31
Adamant
Clear Body

PokéBank Celebi (6 IVs)
31/31/31/31/31/31
Modest
Natural Cure

Tanabata Jirachi (6 IVs)
31/31/31/31/31/31
Shiny
Timid
Serene Grace

Tanabata Jirachi (HP Fire)
31/30/31/30/31/30
Shiny
Timid
Serene Grace

this person told me they are legit because of the Kalos Pentagon, they are perfect and also can be used for VGC.

I'm having serious doubts Manaphy can originate from Johto. I always thought it could only be from Sinnoh.

I'm no expert by any means but this would fail my smell test.
Manaphy can be from Johto.

Hacked, no seeds allow that specific TID/Nature/IV/Shinyness combo.

You were already answered in Simple Questions/Requests, there was no reason to repost it here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)