Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Double Posting, also late, but I winned B)

Next Pokemon is:

Whimsicott!

72-ish hours to submit a set, remember no reservations!

Whimsicott @ Assault Vest
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Hurricane

Whimsicott is one of the best users of Assault Vest in RU. Thanks to its unique Grass / Fairy typing, good bulk, great Speed, strong STAB moves, one of which provides recovery, and the ever-handy U-turn, Assault Vest Whimsicott makes for a good pivot that can keep itself healthy, check top threats, and maintain momentum. It can also easily handle Substitute users thanks to Infiltrator. This set also counters one of RU's possible new drops, Kingdra, as it can even take the most common coverage move on Kingdra, Hidden Power Poison, thanks to Assault Vest:

252+ SpA Kingdra Hidden Power Poison vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Whimsicott: 200-236 (76.3 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Overall, Assault Vest Whimsicott is a great, underrated set that should really be seeing more usage than it does currently.

Molk EDIT: Magnemite ur gonna die tonite

Magnemite edit : get rekt

Last edited:

atomicllamas

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Whimsicott @ Assault Vest
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Hurricane

Whimsicott is one of the best users of Assault Vest in RU. Thanks to its unique Grass / Fairy typing, good bulk, great Speed, strong STAB moves, one of which provides recovery, and the ever-handy U-turn, Assault Vest Whimsicott makes for a good pivot that can keep itself healthy, check top threats, and maintain momentum. It also counters one of RU's possible new drops, Kingdra, as it can even take the most common coverage move on Kingdra, Hidden Power Poison, thanks to Assault Vest:

252+ SpA Kingdra Hidden Power Poison vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Whimsicott: 200-236 (76.3 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Overall, Assault Vest Whimsicott is a great, underrated set that should really be seeing more usage than it does currently.
Amazing set, but please avoid theorymonning about potential drops in this thread, thank you B)

Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Endeavor
- Encore
- Moonblast

pretty simple, encore something into a useless move and setup sub/switch something in for free. when you're low on hp, endeavor something. item is mostly filler, (lefties w/ endeavor doesn't really work) but it at least lets you lock something into taunt so that's nice.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Fire
- Encore

Offensive Whimsicott is something i've been seeing a bit more often lately, and i've gotta say its not terrible tbh, it helps offensive teams out a lot against things like Virizion, Sharpedo, and general set up sweepers thanks to its unique typing and access to Encore, and because of its decent coverage against top threats and great Speed stat it still has a bit of an offensive presence unlike the Stun Spore/Encore/U-Turn/Moonblast sets. This set is simply a twist on the offensive Whimsicott i've seen flying around that lets it lure in and eliminate one of its greatest annoyances: Doublade. Offensive Whimsicott (and really Whimsicott in general) tends to bring Doublade into the game like a moth to a flame because of the fact that it resists both of Whimsicott's STABs and easily smashes it with Iron Head, and this one simple change takes full advantage of this by cleanly 2HKOing it on the switch, heavily weakening it and thus making it easier for things such as Cobalion to sweep cleanly, all while sacrificing absolutely none of the utility this Whimsicott set would have otherwise. Shadow Ball also happens to hit Delphox, another common and threatening Pokemon that resists Whimsicott's dual STABs, which is a nice bonus. Alternatively, Hidden Power Fire can be used in Shadow Ball's moveslot, this lets Whimsicott OHKO Durant and 2HKO Assault Vest Escavalier after Stealth Rock damage, but doesn't hit Delphox like Shadow Ball does and only does about 45-54% to Doublade.

Last edited:

atomicllamas

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Whimsicott's only set on the analysis is the defensive support set, which should probably be changed. The point of this set is pretty straight forward, use Whimsicott's high base speed and okay-ish Special Attack in conjunction with a Life Orb to revenge kill weakened threats with its STAB moves, or U-turn on the switch to a predicted counter. When Whimsicott is about to die, it can get off a last ditch Tailwind which can help a teammate clean up the remains of the opponents team. This is especially useful, since Whimsicott is mostly only outsped by Choice Scarf Pokemon (and Dugtrio/Jolteon but they can't do shit to whimsi), which will allow the next Pokemon to out speed their Choice Scarfed Pokemon. I don't want to do a lot of slashes cause those are lame, but Leftovers is also a decentish option, as is Encore > Tailwind, as that allows Whimsicott to pivot into set up sweepers and screw over their set up.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
lol @ hidden power poison

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Hidden Power Poison vs. 192 HP / 252+ SpD Kebia Berry Whimsicott on a critical hit: 228-270 (73.7 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Jiggz (Whimsicott) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I already wrote about this little guy in the NP: thread, but I feel I should throw it in here as well. Offenive Whimsi is without a doubt my FAVORITE mon to use in RU. I rode this little guy all the way to top 20, because of its great ability in battle. This is the set I run on him. Giga Drain is a powerful STAB that helps mitigate LO recoil, and Moonblast is an amazing STAB move that is easily Spammed. Hidden Power fire is here to catch Doublade and Escavalier on the Switchin and 2HKO them. Now, the primary reason I love this set... Nature Power! The reason Nature Power is on this set is because Nature Power defaults to Tri-Attack (obviously). But, since Nature Power is not directly an attack it receives Priority due to Prankster. This means that most Fletchinder variants who come in expecting to mindlessly Acrobatics will be OHKOed after rocks by Whim's faster Priority Tri-Attack. In all, this set is a godsend and is quite Anti-Meta if I say so myself.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
-Volbeatdown- have you tried that set with Choice Specs? Just seems like it might work just as well if not better, but I haven't done the calcs yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)