350 Cup

i will say, in my experience foongus>shroomish because of regenerator, clear smog, and better general usefulness. I know that it is way harder to break on stall teams, and when i play stall in this meta foongus is one really amazing pokemon.
I think you are underestimating the utility of Poison Heal. Burn immunity and good passive recovery make it extremely resilient to passive damage. Shroomish also has better physical bulk, resists ground and can actually outspeed some things though Foongus has better typing in general. So, I would say Foongus definitely does not outclass Shroomish.

Re: Timburr - The Ho-oh set I posted counters it if it doesn't have rock slide. It can even switch in (on non-life orb variants) while SR is up, use roost then 2HKO with Brave Bird.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
TBH with shroomish and foongus, i feel they serve completely different roles, with me feeling that PH shroomish is more of a stallbreaker while foongus is meant to wall attackers without proper coverage due to its great typing. There are plenty of good stallbreakers in this meta, which is why I feel that I would rather use foongus on a stall team rather than a stallbreaker that takes away the option of using a mon with such great utility due to regenerator.

Here's a counter for Timburr.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed/Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Pretty standard Mega Venusaur. This thing resists Timburrs STAB move, and is neutral to Knock Off and the uncommon Rock Slide, and Thick Fat deals with Ice Punch. Flame Orb Timburr can't even 3HKO Venusaur, only reaching up to 32.4% max on it's Ice Punch, while Venusaur can just put it to sleep, or sap it's HP with Giga Drain/Leech Seed. However, to use this tank, you need to sacrifice another mega you could use such as MMX or MMY, and it has serious abra issues. Overall, you can switch this into Timburr all day to sponge those attacks.

252+ Atk Guts Timburr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 100-118 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Guts Timburr Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur: 85-101 (23.3 - 27.7%) -- 75.5% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Guts Timburr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur: 73-87 (20 - 23.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

i officially hate baltoy for not having a base attack/special attack over 60. it has rapid spin and ground stab, but unusable offenses. so disapointing

i want this on the main showdown sever too.

it's pretty darn slow tho, plus it is 4X weak to fairy, so it can't really pull bulky off too well. you know, what with perfume birds running the meta. :\

Last edited by a moderator:
You can edit your posts, and it is on the main server. It's challenge only, but it doesn't have a ladder.
Please try not to triple post

Here's a good switch-in to most Timburr sets:

Hippopotas @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

This set can wall Timburr quite well thanks to its extremely high physical bulk. Additionally, it's one of the best switch-ins to a lot of other threats, such as Drilbur.

If Timburr is using a Sheer Force variant, Hippopotas can respond with Toxic, and if it's a Guts variant, Hippopotas won't have a hard time wearing it down thanks to instant recovery.

However, the best counter to Timburr is definitely Slowpoke:

Slowpoke @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: null Spe
- Scald
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Slowpoke has a chance 2HKO Timburr with Zen Headbut, and can take all of its attacks with complete ease. Slowpoke is just really, really good in this metagame. There are actually a few other counters, namely Koffing and Spritzee, but the former isn't very good in the current metagame, and the latter has a hard time against Sheer Force variants using Poison Jab.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Timburr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippopotas: 187-221 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO 252+ Atk Guts Timburr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippopotas: 166-196 (34.8 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Guts Timburr Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowpoke: 164-194 (29 - 34.3%) -- 5.4% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Slowpoke Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Timburr: 200-236 (45.3 - 53.5%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after toxic damage
Sorry for making this a little short, i've been quite busy lately xD

Here's a good switch-in to most Timburr sets:

Hippopotas @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

This set can wall Timburr quite well thanks to its extremely high physical bulk. Additionally, it's one of the best switch-ins to a lot of other threats, such as Drilbur.

If Timburr is using a Sheer Force variant, Hippopotas can respond with Toxic, and if it's a Guts variant, Hippopotas won't have a hard time wearing it down thanks to instant recovery.

However, the best counter to Timburr is definitely Slowpoke:

Slowpoke @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: null Spe
- Scald
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Slowpoke has a chance 2HKO Timburr with Zen Headbut, and can take all of its attacks with complete ease. Slowpoke is just really, really good in this metagame. There are actually a few other counters, namely Koffing and Spritzee, but the former isn't very good in the current metagame, and the latter has a hard time against Sheer Force variants using Poison Jab.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Timburr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippopotas: 187-221 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO 252+ Atk Guts Timburr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippopotas: 166-196 (34.8 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Guts Timburr Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowpoke: 164-194 (29 - 34.3%) -- 5.4% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Slowpoke Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Timburr: 200-236 (45.3 - 53.5%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after toxic damage
Sorry for making this a little short, i've been quite busy lately xD
You forgot to account for the iron fist variant, which tends to run choice band, but otherwise a very solid post. The biggest reason for iron fist, btw, is to get a boosted mach punch so that stuff like smash pass doesn't destroy you

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
(nothing to do with timburr, so plz dun h8) something i just want to throw out there:

Exeggcute @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain/psychic

exeggcute is actually INSANELY bulky in this metagame...its bulky enough to survive banded cranidos' sheer force boosted crunch for christ sake.

252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Cranidos Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Exeggcute: 292-344 (65.7 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
of course bug type moves destroy it. but otherwise its a very nice poke for stall teams to utilize

(nothing to do with timburr, so plz dun h8) something i just want to throw out there:

Exeggcute @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain/psychic

exeggcute is actually INSANELY bulky in this metagame...its bulky enough to survive banded cranidos' sheer force boosted crunch for christ sake.

252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Cranidos Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Exeggcute: 292-344 (65.7 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
of course bug type moves destroy it. but otherwise its a very nice poke for stall teams to utilize
H8

Oh god, that thing is bulky. I think the biggest issue for it is finding a niche over Shroomish, due to the latter's better typing, access to spore, better mixed bulk, and immunity to status. Exeggcute is still a great mon, though

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
exeggcutes niche over shroomish is actually having decent spc attack and stab in psychic so it can do decent damage to certain pokemon who happen to switch in(80<120). and having an arguably better defensive typing (resisting fighting is better then resisting nothing though weakness to knock off hurts alot) also the difference in physical bulk (which is grass types main thing to invest in) is really just insanely bulky. 120/160 is nothing to scoff at. lol. with leech seed and psychic, if you lack stab bug type attacks, it will be a thorn to your side and incredibly hard to take down even with super effective coverage- to put into even more clear perspective of this things insane bulk

252 Atk Drilbur X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shroomish: 136-162 (30.6 - 36.4%) -- 60.1% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Drilbur X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Exeggcute: 224-264 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

exeggcutes niche over shroomish is actually having decent spc attack and stab in psychic so it can do decent damage to certain pokemon who happen to switch in(80<120). and having an arguably better defensive typing (resisting fighting is better then resisting nothing though weakness to knock off hurts alot) also the difference in physical bulk (which is grass types main thing to invest in) is really just insanely bulky. 120/160 is nothing to scoff at. lol. with leech seed and psychic, if you lack stab bug type attacks, it will be a thorn to your side and incredibly hard to take down even with super effective coverage- to put into even more clear perspective of this things insane bulk

252 Atk Drilbur X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shroomish: 136-162 (30.6 - 36.4%) -- 60.1% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Drilbur X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Exeggcute: 224-264 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Those calks are actually somewhat misleading. Due to PH and Harvest, which activates on each, neither is what they say they are. Sitrus Berry turns Exeggcute into (at least) a 3hko, and PH turns Shroomish into a 5hko minimum, nine with protect, and it it runs seeds + protect, I doubt it even manages to hurt Shroomish. Exeggcute needs either sun, or extreme luck to do that.

BK, you really should have had the first pokemon of the week be mienshao, spritzee, or abra being that at least one of them is on almost every team. Also Abra OP

The idea of pokemon of the week is to take good pokemon that aren't used as much and spark discussion for them. People have already duscussed the hell out of those 3 mons.

The idea of pokemon of the week is to take good pokemon that aren't used as much and spark discussion for them. People have already duscussed the hell out of those 3 mons.
Oh
well I'm gonna talk about abra now
Abra is the best pokemon special offense has to offer with base 210 SpA and tying for second fastest pokemon in the meta with base 180 Spe(diglett is the only faster pokemon)
It is hard to counter with an offensive pokemon being able to OHKO or 2HKO(but only for a very few) most offense mons that try to switchin and can outspeed to kill before the opponent can attack.
It does have one hard counter offensively however which is assvest stunky with pursuit.
Even when Scarfers manage to outspeed and hit it it OHKOs every or almost every scarfer while being able to survive at least one hit from all of them because of Magic Guard+Focus Sash.
It's offensive hard checks are physically offensive Greninja, Sash Diglett, and most(if not all) pokemon with fake out+alternate priority
Defensively only Spritzee, mixed wall Giratina, mixed wall leftovers Arceus, and Lugia can hard counter it Defensively.

Has anybody given Dwebble a try? 110 base Speed, 130 base Attack, decent physical durability, and access to Shell Smash and Earthquake (And it has Sturdy, so it can be hard to block its set-up) mean it can outrun everything after Shell Smash and get out surprising damage too.

Has anybody given Dwebble a try? 110 base Speed, 130 base Attack, decent physical durability, and access to Shell Smash and Earthquake (And it has Sturdy, so it can be hard to block its set-up) mean it can outrun everything after Shell Smash and get out surprising damage too.
With rock blast it can even be a decent hard check to abra

xJownage

nobody tried SS clamperl yet, i know there is no deepseatooth but it still is good and has great bulk to tank attacks with.

90 / 110 / 90 / 130 / 90 / 150

I guess Delibird isn't that bad a fast offensive Hustle attacker / Special supportmon? You have the option to go CB Hustle with Ice Shard / Ice Punch / Aerial Ace or something with Life Orb like Spikes / Ice Beam or perhaps Frost Breath for that crit. Too bad it doesn't get Stealth Rock, but whatever, just deliver 'em a present for a filler move! :(

Oh, and did I mention...

90 / 200 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 20

Trapinch is just gg with a AssVest Crunch / EQ / Superpower / Rock Slide set with full (Adamant) physical investment in both departments of the category. Seriously, 200 base attack! Best thing is, Hyper Cutter is a thing! And Sheer Force is incredible when paired up with Crunch and Rock Slide! But then, Spritzee hardwalls this, too bad. :P

And like others have mentioned, Voltorb is the fastest you can get. It's actually Trapinch's long lost brother with a whopping 200 base stat of Speed! Yes, it's faster than the fastest alien, Deoxys-S.

80 / 60 / 100 / 110 / 110 /
Specs Volt Switch spam with HP Ice coverage for Ground-types or HP Steel for Rock-types / Fairy-types or even HP Poison for Grass-types / Fairy-types. Alternatively, you can invest as much in Speed and run Electro Ball but that's crappy so whatever.

100 / 170 / 80 / 170 / 80 / 70

Cacnea is just a CRAZILY good mixed attacker with ok coverage, and a really good move in Sucker Punch.

100 / 140 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 140

Vibrava has "that one speed tier" that allows it to outspeed half the meta, basically, and then hit hard. Also...
[11:04:28] HaloFreakRun: vibrava in 350 cup = mew stats + 40 in attack and speed

60 / 80* / 110 / 80 / 110 / 120

Meditite is cool (but still not better than Trapinch) after the Huge Power boost if you have enough investment. It also has a good speed and great defensive typing.

* = Equal to an Adamant base 186 Attack with 252 EVs in Attack.

Last edited:
Here's my favourite rapid spinner in this tier:

Sandshrew @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Brick Break
- Earthquake

Not only does sandshrew have a stupid amount of physical bulk in 350, even unboosted, but it resists crainidos's stab.

xJownage

oddish is actually a good stallbreaker. its odd coverage, immunity to toxic, ability to recover via giga drain, and its resistance to common stall mons attacks (scald, moonblast etc.) make it a very good stallbreaker.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Let's have a ground fite. Thanks to how 350 cup, we have many viable mono Ground-type bulkmons. The question is - which one is best? Let's find out!

100/150/140/100/90/90

So before we get into the little guys, let it be known the original Ground Bulk Mon is still viable here thanks to a lot of reasons. Drought is a great ability for it, as it weakens incoming Water-types while providing sun for itself and teammates. It also has moves like Dragon Tail, Lava Plume, Stone Edge (everyone else needs Rock Slide to be offensive) and Thunder Wave over its competition. It's stats are also not lacking, although it's not the bulkiest of its class anymore. Overall it's still a competitor for mono ground bulkmons

100/150/170/40/60/80

This little guy is a fan favorite, and its easy to see why. It has a physical defense that surpasses Meta Gear Groudon, while having the same exact attack stat, making it no offensive slouch. It also has access to Rapid Spin, making it a great utility mon. However, it does have one big short coming - It's special defense is atrocious - 100/60 can only get you so far. Still, it's physical defense is nothing to scoff at.

180/120/120/80/80/80

Nice HP, nerd. Seriously, look at this thing - 180/120/80 is just silly. It has around Sandshrew's physical bulk without the terrible special bulk. It also has roar to phase shit around, and a nice 120 attack. It also gets a nifty move in Ice Shard - while it isn't very power, it's a really nice priority move that smacks Dragon-types around - and Roar. Why do people use this Sandshrew over this thing as a spinner? I mean, it's clea

Fuck

100/100/190/80/100/70

Who the fuck needs Thick Club - I'm still viable! Cubone has an outstanding 100/190/100 bulk - that physical bulk is insane! It's movepool isn't nearly as good as its friends, but it does get some moves over them - it gets most of the Elemental Punches (no Ice Punch though), which is nice for coverage. It's kind of overshadowed by Sandshrew due to the lack of Rapid Spin, but it's SpDef isn't atrocious, so there's something. Battle Armor is a neat ability because it can never get critted - it might not seem like much, but it has one of the better abilities compared to the groundmons.

136/144/156/76/84/64

Hippo's main advantage over its competition is Ice Fang (offensively) and Slack Off (defensively). Slack Off is huge though - its the only mon here that has reliable recovery. 136/156/84 bulk is outstanding physically and not completely atrocious specially. This thing also gets Whirlwind, which is nice. This thing also has a weather ability - although it also has Sand Force if Sandstorm hurts your team. This thing is really good - probably the best one in terms for defensive teams imo.

Not doing sub Ground-types beacuse im lazy time issues. I will say though my actual favorite Ground-type is Vibrava

I want to bring up makuhita.
144/120/60/40/60/50(474)
now just for the sake of comparison I want to list all the pokemon in 350 with this BST:
Makuhita, Bunnelby, Garbodor, Trevenant, Vespiquen, and Hariyama...
well. We should probably check Hariyama's stats first to see if Makuhita is better or worse in any way
144/120/60/40/60/50(474)
Um... so they have the exact same stats, typing, and abilities. except Hariyama has a better movepool.

Thundurus-T, and Chandy(the pokemon tied for having the highest SpA of all non-uber non-mega pokemon) get surpassed by Oddish, Houndoor/Zorua, Smoochum/Cacnea/Elgyem, Magnemite, Gastly, and Solosis/Abra with Gastly, solosis, and abra actually outpowering MMY even if it could hold the same item they are.

Staravia is incredible see: this battle for reference!

252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staravia Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee: 273-322 (52.9 - 62.4%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staravia Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Exeggcute: 440-522 (99 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staravia Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 273-322 (54.1 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staravia Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Vibrava: 430-507 (106.4 - 125.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staravia Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shroomish: 546-644 (122.9 - 145%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staravia Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Foongus: 662-782 (137.9 - 162.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staravia Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sandshrew: 271-319 (67 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staravia Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Phanpy: 367-433 (65 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That means it gets a 2HKO on every bulky mon and OHKO on every mon un-invested in HP/Defense. Brave Bird is insane coverage anyways. It's not too good, but it is extremely well, and Double-Edge means I don't even need to give you calcs for Electric-types lol.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Rufflet sounds interesting.
70/83/50/37/50/60 becomes 140/166/100/74/100/120 with the boosts.
Ridiculous.
Rufflet also gets Sheer Force, which is pretty good on him.
If you want, Rufflet also gets Hustle, as well as Hone Claws, letting him blow past teams.

Rufflet sounds interesting.
70/83/50/37/50/60 becomes 140/166/100/74/100/120 with the boosts.
Ridiculous.
Rufflet also gets Sheer Force, which is pretty good on him.
If you want, Rufflet also gets Hustle, as well as Hone Claws, letting him blow past teams.
>Sheer Force.
>Hone Claws.

Just slap a Choice Band and spam Brave Bird / Return with Hustle and *BOOM* ultimate birdspam (I still consider Band Staravia and LO Doduo over this, though).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)