Other Here we go again... AGAIN - The Fourth Task (Complete)

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
At long last, it is time to begin the final task of the game I have titled "Here we go again... AGAIN" aka bassgame 3. I don't care what you guys call it, but I want to apologize for all of the delays. With that in mind, I would want to congratulate the final five for making it this far once more!

The Final Five
Ace Emerald
Steven Snype
kingofmars
Da Letter El
Pidge

Now then, I am sure the anticipation is just killing you all. Just what on earth will your final task be? It is... not telling! You figure it out. Since you have all made it this far, I am confident that you can figure it out. Just remember that gambling is good, kids!

Keep in mind that there is a deadline, as the task will continue to happen outside this thread without you. Whoops, I just revealed another hint unintentionally. Whatever though. Good luck!

PS: For those who missed the punishments from the previous task, they can be found here.

Last edited:

Bass

Brother in arms
No point in hiding it anymore... The Fourth task is just a continuation of bid mafia, and Night 2's deadline has passed. Day 3 starts now and ends in 48 hours or until I have a decisive vote.

Bass

Brother in arms
I am "pleased" to announce our first casualty of the fourth task: Steven Snype! His punishment will be pending. In the meantime, I would like to inform you all that deadlines will now be 24 hours long as we are approaching endgame. Please get your actions and/or votes in quickly!

It is currently Day 4 BTW.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Before I face whatever degrading and humiliating punishment is in store for me, I'd like to say gg to dle and say I think I played a decent game. I might have coasted in bid mafia v1 but I don't think I was deadweight in the alliances I was in, and at least had a decent gameplan in the end. Hopefully the comments in the postgame and by my competitors aren't too harsh XD

Bass

Brother in arms
Good evening!

I was fortunate enough to have all the remaining players on at the same time. As a result, I was able to finish this in real time, and we have one winner. But first, the four losers. Steven Snype, Pidge, Ace Emerald, and kingofmars. For losing this far into the competition, you shall face an incredibly severe punishment. Brace yourselves!

First, you must change your avatar to this image:

Second, your signature must contain the following, and ONLY the following (Delete everything else in it)
I AM A LOSER. I WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING. I AM TRASH. TRAAAAAAAAASH!

You must comply with both of the above until 2015.

Finally, you must also write an essay with a minimum of 1000 words. You must explain why you think the victor of this task is the greatest person ever. Due in 1 week, or a worse fate awaits you.

Yeah, I decided to make this punishment a combination of all the others. But with that out of the way, it is time to congratulate the winner of the fourth task and this game: Da Letter El! More details can be found here on the bid mafia forums.

And now it is time for the moment you have all been waiting for!

Dun, duh duh dun dun da dun.
Dee dottly dottly duh!
Dee duh dee duh!
Dee dottly dottle duh dun duh duh dun!
Dee dottly dottly dun!
Dee dottly dottly dun!
Dee dottly dee dottly dottly dottly dottly dottly...
*pant*
Dee dottly dottly dottly dottly duh duh dun dun da dun duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The secret prize! What could it be? It happens to be:
Cmon!
Keep going!
You are no coward!
You can do it!
So close....
Yet so far!
Aargh, almost had it!
Ok it's the next one I swear
Gotcha!
But seriously
You got this
Ha! Not so fast tough guy! Did you really think I would just hand over the secret prize to you so easily? To earn the rights to the secret prize, you must complete one more task! But I will not give you the honor of participating in it without solving one more riddle:

Who is the final boss? The main antagonist? The person who has been pulling the strings from the start, humiliating your former comrades for his own personal amusement. Your true foe has been watching you closely all along from the shadow. If you cannot identify your penultimate adversary, then he or she will not accept your challenge, and your rights to the secret prize will be lost.

You have 1 week to figure this out. Once you do, you must write a statement of challenge in roughly 200 words or less in this thread that identifies the person you will go up against. If you defeat him, then the secret prize will be yours, and justice will be served. I think it is pretty obvious though. Good luck!

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I see the torture you have put my friends through, shadow man. You have laughed as I have murdered my foes and abandoned my friends, adding salt to their wounds. But worst of all, you took Ditto's avatar away from him. For this I can never forgive you.

Bass, I challenge you! Prepare to fall as everyone else has before you.

Bass

Brother in arms
Very well. The final task will take place this coming Sunday, September 14! I hope you are prepared, because losing this task will not only deny you the secret prize, but will also entail a punishment. But at least you are not a coward.

Specific details for the final task will be posted within the next few days.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Victor. I typically think it’s that one DotA hero in League of Legends that I beast in ARAM with. It also means winner. Congratulations Janelle, you’re a Victor. Urwinner. #urwinner. #mambotime owned. #5chan sucked. Everyone was way too trustworthy and nobody even took the initiative to talk to me to even ask what I was doing except for Janette. When it came to stepping up alliances, Jane actually took the time out to play this game well. I don’t know about anyone else, but as far as my own interaction went, there is nobody else that I could ever talk about.

But enough about who won the game. Who gives a fuck? Almost half the people that made it this far got this far off of just being in the right situation at the right time because everyone else who actually deserved a shot got killed earlier on where there were more peons to manipulate into fucking them over or the fact that actually Janice helped out the other group of people that should have been up here. This series was a fucking joke by how it played out. DLL’s actions actually tried to make sure that the people that made it as far as possible were people that honestly would do shit and even when King Emerald decided to AFK, was one of the many that wanted to fuck him over in favor of another strong player. Janie’s virtue is something that I honestly admire and if I gave two more craps about the game and didn’t have to deal with a shitty paranoid faction whose diapers I never had to change, I’d probably try to help with this desire.

Seriously though, this essay is meant to be how Janessa’s last name is Ever and first name is actually JaGreatest and I haven’t even touched on this. Nobody understands that despite that allure of deceit and “honor,” that deep down, Janella is the person that will always back you up, especially when you think you’re down, but with a confident, supportive human being like her, don’t even think of making the mistake that you’re out. All that experience manipulating people or at least being honest enough with them and then changing thoughts at the last minute has prepared this person to know what to say at the right time. Indeed, even whenever I’ve been in trouble with my troubles in real life, there has been no person that I could trust more than my Janigga.

Nobody also knows how to chillax as much as Janet. If there is anyone whose drunk antics are more entertaining than my drunk rants on IRC, you’ve never seen the Winner family reunions. Janna’s snaps are typically quite entertaining. Seriously though, drunk Janae’s selfies are one of the few that make me both cringe and also laugh simultaneously. When in doubt though, Janine always looks to her future husband: Ron Swanson. In the words of Ron Swanson, “I will now type down every word I know…”

Jantelle did work in every task but the first one. The first task Janiqua was busy being too cool for school tripping balls in NorCal and begged for some answers to the quiz. And almost fucked up because LightWolf felt that Janita was polo and not actually gucci. But after that we got our shit together.

Pidge JanEl and I set up an alliance from the get go and we worked together on everything. While I was the one directly responsible for fucking up #5chan #aka #askalliance, she was the one who got billymilly’s info and made a good spreadsheet like a proper sexytary. Then we just gave some freebies out to Roccat’s Celaver to help him pass this task to get his help in the next one, which ended up making a decent bit of difference. BiJanca and I planned everything out, from who was moling who to deciding if giving up info to billy was worthwhile. Of the only ones that actually wanted to try from #5chan aka #5ilure, only queenofcocks asked for help and promised assistance for the next task, but only one girl would ever be for me. Janipple was the Claire Underwood to my Frank (Pidge was Doug Stamper).

So of course we crush that task and both of us get the bonus for the next round. It's here that we decide that it's time for team birrymirrs to die. Only 5 people move on and there were 6 of us, so something had to give. And Janio decided to give birry the D. I use my contacts from askalliance to set up a team of 5 with us 3 plus kingofkocks and Lace Emerald. Jannah Montana sets up contact with jumpluff and finds out she has a kill and organizes to have her kill an alias that isn't one of ours, while having all three of our kills and both silences on the wannabe gangstas. Unfortunately we had a KING IDLER so we fucked up our lynch but from there it was really easy to crush since Celever and Pokeguy weren't going to do shit to kill us. Janka wanted to kill off Ace for being an idle bitch and replace him but it was too hard to do that so RIP Celever.

Then task 5 I got busy as shit but DLL was still the only hitta to hit me up and talk shit through with me. My girl performed the ultimate bitch move and killed off her pimp master but I ain't even mad though; betch did work and made me proud. And this punk b(ass) better watch himself because when Jonquisha gets going, almost nothing can stop her.

In all seriousness though, nobody played better than my boy Jan. He was absolutely phenomenal this game and is one of the truest friends I have ever met indirectly through mons/mafia. I hope that he has an amazing final semester and has a really happy life. Here’s to you! Congratulations Jan! (just please don't sleep with Michael...)

Bass

Brother in arms
The four losers have finished their essays. Behold!

Bass game 3 or Here we go again... AGAIN was a game that required the utmost skill, intelligence, charisma, and courage. Therefore, it should be no surprise that the one named Da Letter El was the victor. Let us take a look at Da Letter El's incredible journey through this game that required so much from him.

The first task Da Letter El confronted was none other than signing up for the game! If we look closely at hissign up post, you can see that not only is Da Letter El remarkable in that he is literate and able to follow directions, but he is able to express a certain feeling of energy and excitement in his writing. His first statement "I will win this game" is not only prophetic, but establishes his confidence. "Please let me into this terrific game, Bass" marks a sharp change in tone that catches us all off guard and reveals Da Letter El's polite and charismatic side. Finally, "I promise I will only sort of idle!" establishes just how humorous Da Letter El is and provides a smile to us all, how considerate.

On the next and first 'real' task our hero Da Letter El shows how great he is at performing tasks that are closely related to tasks that Bass has given before, a truly stunning talent. He makes a bold move and scores a 0 intentionally on the first round of the quiz. Nobody could have thought of doing that. Never mind the 3 other people (Ditto, FireMage, and StevenSnype) that did that, who were probably really stupid and got a 0 for their sheer dumbassery instead of intentionally making the strategic choice of getting no questions correct. After collabatoring with others, Da Letter El deduced his target rank to be 9. Here, we see Da Letter El's genius as he is capable of understanding and using basic math. For round 2, it's not important what Da Letter El did because the round was pointless and Bass sux. Finally, round 3, the deciding round, comes and Da Letter El shows off his dominance. He has a public disagreement with LightWolf about how many questions to answer. Right now you may be asking 'Who are all these other people that are not Da Letter El I keep mentioning?' All you need to know about LightWolf is that he is some foreign gay with a gay horse avatar. Despite Da Letter El showing LightWolf who the boss was, LightWolf refused to comply, and thus LightWolf recieved a punishment. However, since Da Letter El is such a great guy, he decided to do half of LightWolf's punishment for him, such is the White Man's Burden or something like that.

The next task was when things got real interesting for Da Letter El and myself. I was nervously shaking, and I could not handle imagining what could happen at the location of this next task, a minefield. What if I accidentally blew up a mine and caused Da Letter El to blink? It would be such a tragedy to cause Da Letter El any trouble. Suddenly Da Letter El came by and said "unclesam is a coob hwo else think it". Never had I heard more encouraging and eloquent words than those. I immediately regained my composure and thanked the great Da Letter El for his help. Afterward, I was so excited since I was able to work closely with my hero in this task. Once again, Da Letter El came up with a master strategy: get as many coins as possible, while losing as little as possible. I, nor any of the other players, had never thought of this. Da Letter El was thinking on a whole other level. However, the other players soon copied Da Letter El's strategy after his great success in the first round (to nobody's surprise). On the spreadsheet, he bravely managed those squares like they were harmless shapes that couldn't hurt us. He marked the mines on the cells like they were groceries he had to put on a list, but not exactly 'cuz you wanted to avoid them and get the stuff around it, so it would be a weird shopping list if it were one. In the end, everyone tried to get more coins, but they just couldn't catch up to Da Letter El's lead.

In the next task to this game, Da Letter El and myself found ourselves in a mafia game that involed bidding on roles. However, the alliances were ours to make and I found myself attracted to the powerful Da Letter El, as it would ensure my success. Once again, it was an honor to work with this individual and three other guys who did not matter. Our group of five easily defeated the remaining five, who had no clue what was going on, probably because Da Letter El promised them a fast and painless death if they did not do anything.

Then it was down to five, and the final task was here. After much anticipation it was revealed to be. . . The same thing as the task before it! Not much is known about what Da Letter El did from here. There was obviously a lot of strategy and calculation involved that had to take into account all possibilities. Perhaps we can look at one of his recent posts to gain some insight into how he thinks? "While ketchup is far superior to ranch, the true winner is garlic aoli mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm." From this post, we can conclude that Da Letter El is clearly not a vampire, considering his affinity for garlic. This may have been Da Letter El's secret game winning strategy the whole time! If there is no chance that you are a vampire, nobody will hurt you because you do not have any evil vampire powers! Congratulations Da Letter El! Your skill, intelligence, charisma, courage, and non-vampireness brought you to victory that nobody else could have done just as easily!

Da letter el, who will be referred to as dle, is truly the single greatest person, not even, the greatest THING to ever exist on planet earth, possibly in the universe. Now what makes Mr. Dle so phenomenally amazing? Is it his Nordic god like looks, or his remarkable generosity to charities? No, it is his sheer endurance in what truly matters, games with month long delays played on pokemon forums. Truly there is no greater honor to be had by vanquishing your foes with your improbable wit, and dle has accomplished this to the fullest.
Moving on from the obvious accomplishments that dle has made through winning this free for all game, featuring such notable players as that one guy who failed the signup post and the guy who literally didn’t vote to save himself from the lynch despite not being silenced, which was remarkable mind you, but dle is SO MUCH MORE than that. Did you know that you can pronounce his name in several different ways? Yes besides the obvious pronunciation of it as “Da Letter El,” his username is such pure genius that even the acronym has several equally amazing ways of spelling it. It can be pronounced precisely as its spelled “Dee El ee” or it can even be extended into saying it as the common male name Dale, which shows dle’s amazing abilities of foresight. But let’s move on to just how remarkably attractive this man is. I have never seen a picture of him, but I can tell just from the way he presents himself through the internet that he must be a real hunk. After all, who else can win internet mafia games without being extremely attractive? Exactly. But dle is so much more than just your average free for all winner, he approaches everything with such gentleness yet firmness one can’t help but be slightly aroused by his mere presence.
When I thought I had a chance to win the game, as there were only three of us left, I was extremely nervous about what would happen, I had never been in such a dominant position before, and certainly not with someone as rugged yet refined as dle. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to be dominant when someone so beautiful and handsome still remained. Luckily for me I didn’t have to make this decision, and I was so glad I didn't have to. As soon as dle sent in his command to kill me, he knew what he had done. He had fucked me, and it was amazing. As soon as I received the word from Bass that I had died, I reached orgasm immediately, and I’m not even into men. But dle’s sheer masculinity and warm presence fucking me over hard was enough to do just that, through the internet too. I don’t know about you, but I don’t know too many men who are as skilled at fucking someone over as dle.
When dle isn't honing his godlike abilities in mafia games, bench-pressing or drinking scotch made from the finest orphan tears, he is involved in remarkable charity work around the nation. For those of you that aren’t aware, dle spends thousands of dollars teaching unprivileged kids in Central Africa how to read for the first time, specifically focusing on the letter “L,” but there are other letters in there too! Now mind you these kids can’t actually speak English so the effect is lost on them, but truly, isn’t it the thought that counts? And no one thinks harder about doing good things than dle. One time he actually thought of what it would be like if he saved the world. Most men would have thought about attractive woman, or possibly finding a job, but not dle, he cares enough about the world, and by extension each and every one of us to do something about it and think what it would be like for a second.
But this isn’t just about how dle is a great man- that fact is indisputable, for him to be the greatest person that has ever lived, we must compare how he is better than every other person in human history. Let’s start with the person who claims to be great, but does not even begin to approach the level of greatness that dle contains, this of course being Alexander the Great. While dle has not conquered most of the known world, this is simply because he is a kind and caring enough person to not want to. He could easily do it if he wanted to, either through his cunning negotiating skills or by his sheer raw power (I heard that he can shoot laser beams from his eyes), but for the betterment of the world, he lets Alexander keep his record. Peter the Great also claims to be great, for he lived his life as an eternal student, trying to learn something new each day. While this is certainly a noble goal, dle has him beat – for he already knows everything there is to know about everything. In this capacity, dle is also greater than the mighty titan Prometheus, as well as the movie based upon his story. Prometheus gave intelligence to humanity through fire and taught them how to trick the gods, but dle knows that mankind is not ready for the sheer awe-inspiring power he possesses, and instead of taking credit for the glory and salvation of mankind lives without sharing the glorious secrets, knowing that man is not prepared to take the plunge into the next era just yet.
To summarize, dle is truly the greatest person to ever live for a variety of reasons. He is very good at internet games played on pokemon forums for one, but he is also gentle yet firm, ruggedd yet refined, masculine yet warm, and cares so much about humanity that he is not willing to let it fall into darkness or enslave it under his rule – what

Victor. I typically think it’s that one DotA hero in League of Legends that I beast in ARAM with. It also means winner. Congratulations Janelle, you’re a Victor. Urwinner. #urwinner. #mambotime owned. #5chan sucked. Everyone was way too trustworthy and nobody even took the initiative to talk to me to even ask what I was doing except for Janette. When it came to stepping up alliances, Jane actually took the time out to play this game well. I don’t know about anyone else, but as far as my own interaction went, there is nobody else that I could ever talk about.

But enough about who won the game. Who gives a fuck? Almost half the people that made it this far got this far off of just being in the right situation at the right time because everyone else who actually deserved a shot got killed earlier on where there were more peons to manipulate into fucking them over or the fact that actually Janice helped out the other group of people that should have been up here. This series was a fucking joke by how it played out. DLL’s actions actually tried to make sure that the people that made it as far as possible were people that honestly would do shit and even when King Emerald decided to AFK, was one of the many that wanted to fuck him over in favor of another strong player. Janie’s virtue is something that I honestly admire and if I gave two more craps about the game and didn’t have to deal with a shitty paranoid faction whose diapers I never had to change, I’d probably try to help with this desire.

Seriously though, this essay is meant to be how Janessa’s last name is Ever and first name is actually JaGreatest and I haven’t even touched on this. Nobody understands that despite that allure of deceit and “honor,” that deep down, Janella is the person that will always back you up, especially when you think you’re down, but with a confident, supportive human being like her, don’t even think of making the mistake that you’re out. All that experience manipulating people or at least being honest enough with them and then changing thoughts at the last minute has prepared this person to know what to say at the right time. Indeed, even whenever I’ve been in trouble with my troubles in real life, there has been no person that I could trust more than my Janigga.

Nobody also knows how to chillax as much as Janet. If there is anyone whose drunk antics are more entertaining than my drunk rants on IRC, you’ve never seen the Winner family reunions. Janna’s snaps are typically quite entertaining. Seriously though, drunk Janae’s selfies are one of the few that make me both cringe and also laugh simultaneously. When in doubt though, Janine always looks to her future husband: Ron Swanson. In the words of Ron Swanson, “I will now type down every word I know…”

Jantelle did work in every task but the first one. The first task Janiqua was busy being too cool for school tripping balls in NorCal and begged for some answers to the quiz. And almost fucked up because LightWolf felt that Janita was polo and not actually gucci. But after that we got our shit together.

Pidge JanEl and I set up an alliance from the get go and we worked together on everything. While I was the one directly responsible for fucking up #5chan #aka #askalliance, she was the one who got billymilly’s info and made a good spreadsheet like a proper sexytary. Then we just gave some freebies out to Roccat’s Celaver to help him pass this task to get his help in the next one, which ended up making a decent bit of difference. BiJanca and I planned everything out, from who was moling who to deciding if giving up info to billy was worthwhile. Of the only ones that actually wanted to try from #5chan aka #5ilure, only queenofcocks asked for help and promised assistance for the next task, but only one girl would ever be for me. Janipple was the Claire Underwood to my Frank (Pidge was Doug Stamper).

So of course we crush that task and both of us get the bonus for the next round. It's here that we decide that it's time for team birrymirrs to die. Only 5 people move on and there were 6 of us, so something had to give. And Janio decided to give birry the D. I use my contacts from askalliance to set up a team of 5 with us 3 plus kingofkocks and Lace Emerald. Jannah Montana sets up contact with jumpluff and finds out she has a kill and organizes to have her kill an alias that isn't one of ours, while having all three of our kills and both silences on the wannabe gangstas. Unfortunately we had a KING IDLER so we fucked up our lynch but from there it was really easy to crush since Celever and Pokeguy weren't going to do shit to kill us. Janka wanted to kill off Ace for being an idle bitch and replace him but it was too hard to do that so RIP Celever.

Then task 5 I got busy as shit but DLL was still the only hitta to hit me up and talk shit through with me. My girl performed the ultimate bitch move and killed off her pimp master but I ain't even mad though; betch did work and made me proud. And this punk b(ass) better watch himself because when Jonquisha gets going, almost nothing can stop her.

In all seriousness though, nobody played better than my boy Jan. He was absolutely phenomenal this game and is one of the truest friends I have ever met indirectly through mons/mafia. I hope that he has an amazing final semester and has a really happy life. Here’s to you! Congratulations Jan! (just please don't sleep with Michael...)

“Essay: a short piece of writing on a particular subject”

I disagree on the account that one thousand words can be considered short, however Bass in his kindness has granted us a topic that it is easy to write a considerable amount about. I cannot promise that this essay will be objectively “good” or “comprehensible” or “grammatically correct” but I can promise that it will be over one thousand characters and will demonstrate that da letter el is the greatest person ever. However, as interpretation and internalization of a work is subjective, I also can’t promise you, my dear reader, will draw the same conclusion from my work. But that’s the risk you run by reading a work to be interpreted subjectively, and I ask that my readers try to view this work in the greater context of the greatness of da letter el to properly receive and interpret this piece.

Da letter el, master mafia player, star free for all competitor, the lord and sovereign of the pastimes of this forum, suzerain of the multiple player competitive decision based, alliance based, (formerly party based) contests and tournaments. An epithet such befits a king as a king befits the epithet. Truly a master of life and death, space and time, truth and beauty, sun and moon, matter and antimatter, water and fire, royalty and peasants, happiness and sadness. Can I say more about this tremendous man, this benevolent god? Yes, in fact good sir or madame, I will proceed to convey more incredible attributes of the game winning, task completing, player slaying man.

One fine summer’s day, I was walking down the street, I was stopped by a man. A most peculiar man in a tuxedo trimmed with lace and all sorts of other fineries. The satin of the tuxedo was positively exquisite, and I stopped to admire it for a while. As time passed the man finally asked me a question. The content of the question is not of utmost importance. How can content be important in this world of meaningless?

As Nietzsche said “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” I believe he also said “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.” And who could forget when he said “The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.” Truly moving quotes that have been carefully selected by the author to enhance the discussion of this piece. To further enhance this piece, please consider these further quotes. Immanuel Kant once said “Enlightenment is man's release from his self-incurred tutelage. Tutelage is man's inability to make use of his understanding without direction from another. Self-incurred is this tutelage when its cause lies not in lack of reason but in lack of resolution and courage to use it without direction from another. Sapere aude! 'Have courage to use your own reason!'- that is the motto of enlightenment.” And also “Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why so great a portion of mankind, after nature has long since discharged them from external direction (naturaliter maiorennes), nevertheless remains under lifelong tutelage, and why it is so easy for others to set themselves up as their guardians. It is so easy not to be of age. If I have a book which understands for me, a pastor who has a conscience for me, a physician who decides my diet, and so forth, I need not trouble myself. I need not think, if I can only pay - others will easily undertake the irksome work for me. That the step to competence is held to be very dangerous by the far greater portion of mankind...” Do you now feel enlightened? For as any enlightened individual would now, da letter el is the greatest bass game player ever.

To properly appreciate how great da letter el is, it is necessary to appreciate another great work of art, The Lord of the Rings. This quote is mandatory for one to truly appreciate this essay. “One evening Frodo and Sam were walking together in the cool twilight. Both of them felt restless again. On Frodo suddenly the shadow of parting had falling: he knew somehow that the time was very near when he must leave Lothlorien.

“What do you think of Elves now, Sam?” he said. “I asked you the same question once before –it seems a very long while ago; but you have seen more of them since then.”

“I have indeed!” said Sam. “And I reckon there’s Elves and Elves. They’re all elvish enough, but they’re not all the same. Now these folks aren’t wanderers or homeless, and seem a bit nearer to the likes of us: they seem to belong here, even more than Hobbits do in the Shire. Whether they’ve made the land, or the land’s made them, it’s hard to say, if you take my meaning. It’s wonderfully quiet here. Nothing seems to be going on, nobody seems to want it to. If there’s any magic about, it’s right down deep, where I can’t lay my hands on it, in a manner of speaking.”

Finally, I believe this quote must be considered in the greater context of da letter el’s greatness and accomplishments.

“Then Fingon looked towards Thangorodrim, and there was a dark cloud about it, and a black smoke went up; and he knew that the wrath of Morgoth was aroused, and that their challenge was accepted. A shadow of doubt fell upon Fingon’’s heart; and he looked eastwards, seeking if he might see with elven-sight the dust of Anfauglith rising beneath the hosts of Maedhros. He knew not that Maedhros was hindered in his setting forth by the guile of Uldor the accursed, who deceived him with false warnings of assault from Angband.

But now a cry went up, passing up the wind from the south from vale to vale, and Elves and Men lifted their voices in wonder and joy. For unsummoned and unlooked for Turgon had opened the leaguer of Gondolin, and was come with an army ten thousand strong, with bright mail and long swords and spears like a forest. Then when Fingon heard afar the great trumpet of Turgon his brother, the shadow passed and his heart was uplifted, and he shouted aloud: ‘Utúlie’’n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie’’n aurë! The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!’ And all those who heard his great voice echo in the hills answered crying: ‘Auta i lómë! The night is passing!”

It should now be quite clear to all that da letter el is the greatest person to grace the world, nay, universe. I hope all the readers appreciated and evaluated the quotes in the context of this fact, and drew the same conclusion and myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)