NU Carbink

inferior servant of diancie

Overview
########

At first, Carbink seems like a forgettable Pokemon. It is weak to the common attacking types, Water, Grass, and Ground, and it has a 4x weakness to Steel. Additionally, it is slow, having a pathetic base 50 Speed, and is weak without Calm Mind boosts, at an extremely low base 50 Special Attack. Carbink also lacks any form of recovery outside of Rest, and its shallow movepool in general limits what it can do on the field, making it a niche choice for a teamslot. However, Carbink's typing gives it some neat resistances to Normal-, Flying-, Fire-, Bug-, and Dark-type moves, as well as an immunity to Dragon. Its decent 50 / 150 / 150 defenses allow it to set up Calm Mind multiple times.

CroBink
########
name: CroBink
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Rest
move 3: Sleep Talk
move 4: Moonblast
ability: Sturdy
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
ivs: 0 Atk
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Calm Mind is a great setup move that takes advantage of Carbink’s bulk, as thanks to it Carbink will often be able to set up many times. Rest is used to increase Carbink’s longevity, and Sleep Talk is to ensure that Carbink can attack or boost while it is asleep. Moonblast is a STAB move that is also Carbink's most powerful special attack.

Set Details
========

The EV spread makes Carbink physically defensive so that it can more easily handle physical attackers such as Gurdurr, Sawk, Flareon, Tauros, Zangoose, Swellow, and Kangaskhan. The rest of the EVs are placed in Special Attack to boost the power of Carbink’s Moonblast a little. Sturdy guarantees that Carbink can take a hit, allowing it to use Rest if needed to regain its health.

Usage Tips
========

Generally, you should always make sure that you weaken or remove offensive threats that can hit Carbink hard, such as Sceptile, Lilligant, Feraligatr, and Samurott, and defensive threats that Carbink has trouble breaking through, such as Audino and Lickilicky. After these threats are gone, Carbink can set up Calm Mind on anything that fails to do significant damage to it, such as Flareon, Zangoose, and Pokemon such as Dragalge locked into Draco Meteor that are Choice-locked into a harmless move. Carbink is prone to being worn down throughout the match, so make sure to use Rest when necessary, and Sleep Talk to inflict damage or boost while asleep.

Team Options
========

Carbink appreciates entry hazard support, which includes Toxic Spikes from Dragalge, Garbodor, and Qwilfish; Spikes from Ferroseed and Crustle; and Stealth Rock from Rhydon and Uxie. Carbink has a tough time breaking through specially bulky Pokemon and Pokemon that resist Moonblast, so partners such as Sawk, Seismitoad, Gurdurr, and Golurk can clear the way for Carbink. Water-, Grass-, and Ground-types can muscle past Carbink with little difficulty. Hence, it is recommended to have a Pokemon such as Vileplume, Sceptile, Lilligant, Rotom-S, Electivire, Pyroar, Magmortar, and Dragalge that can check these threats.

Other Options
########

Carbink can use its bulk and typing to set up dual screens and Stealth Rock. Sunny Day is another option to take advantage of Carbink’s bulk and support a different set of Pokemon. However, these jobs are better left to Uxie, as it has access to Memento, which can ease setup for teammates, as well as other utility options such as Yawn, Knock Off, Thunder Wave, Magic Coat, and Foul Play. Carbink can also take advantage of its resistances and low Speed and run a suicide lead set with Trick Room, Stealth Rock, and Explosion to support slow Pokemon. A set with Protect and Toxic can be used to wear down opposing Pokemon to allow Carbink’s teammates to KO them more easily.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt**: Taunt completely stops Carbink from setting up Calm Mind, healing itself with Rest, or using Sleep Talk.

**Trick and Switcheroo**: Carbink cannot stay in on Trick or Switcheroo users, as being given a Choice item severely cripples it.

**Setup Sweepers**: Because Carbink has little offensive presence before several boosts from Calm Mind, most setup sweepers, including Feraligatr, Samurott, Slurpuff, Klinklang, Mesprit, and Kabutops, can beat it one-on-one.

**Water-types**: Seismitoad has access to Knock Off and can use Scald or Hydro Pump to wear Carbink down. Qwilfish has a resistance to Moonblast as well as access to Taunt. Ludicolo can set up Rain Dance on Carbink and threaten a sweep.

**Grass-types**: Sceptile and Lilligant in particular can force out Carbink with Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, or Petal Dance. Lilligant can also set up Quiver Dance on Carbink that lack Calm Mind boosts.

**Ground-types**: Rhydon, Steelix, Golem, and Golurk threaten Carbink with Earthquake and Gyro Ball.

**Special Walls**: Ferroseed, Audino, Lickilicky, and specially defensive Vileplume can stall out Carbink by virtue of their special bulk.

**Phazing**: Users of Roar and Whirlwind can reset Carbink's boosts.

Overview
########
- Extremely niche
- Weak to common attacking types
- 4x weak to Steel
- Slow, lacks offensive presence before Calm Mind boosts
- No recovery outside of Rest
- Horrible movepool
- Resists Normal, Flying, Fire, Bug, Dark
- Immune to Dragon
- Good bulk allows it to use Calm Mind

Mono-Attacker
########
name: Mono-Attacker

Moves
========

- Calm Mind is Calm Mind
- RestTalk to ensure Carbink stays alive
- Moonblast since it's Carbink's most powerful special attack

Set Details
========
- The EVs provide a physically defensive Carbink to handle Gurdurr, Sawk, Flareon, and Normal-types like Tauros, Zangoose, Swellow, and Kangaskha
- Sturdy guarantees that Carbink can take a hit

Usage Tips
========

- Make sure all checks and counters are removed before sweeping
- Set up Calm Mind on something that is choice locked or fails to do significant damage to Carbink
- Make sure to use Rest when necessary, and Sleep Talk while asleep

Team Options
========
- Pokemon that can remove specially bulky Pokemon, bulky Poison-types, and bulky Steel-types (Sawk, Seismitoad, Gurdurr, Golurk)
- Pokemon that are able to deal with Water-, Grass-, and Ground-types (Vileplume, Sceptile, Lilligant, Rotom, Rotom-S, Electivire, Pyroar, Magmortar, Dragalge)
- HAZARD SUPPORT (Dragalge, Crustle, Omastar, Ferroseed, Qwilfish, Garbodor)

Other Options
########

- Dual Screens but that is outclassed by Uxie
- Trick Room but that is also done better by Uxie
- Sunny Day
- Protect + Toxic

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt** Taunt completely stops Carbink from setting up Calm Mind, healing itself with Rest, or using Sleep Talk.
**Trick/Switcheroo** Carbink cannot stay in around Trick or Switcheroo users as it must be able to use more than one move.
**Setup Sweepers** Since Carbink has little offensive presence before several boosts from Calm Mind, most setup sweepers such as Feraligatr, Samurott, Slurpuff, Klinklang, Mesprit, and Omastar can beat it one on one.
**Water-types** Seismitoad has access to Knock Off and can use Scald or Hydro Pump on Carbink to wear it down. Qwilfish has access to Taunt as well as a resistance to Moonblast.
**Grass-types** Sceptile and Lilligant in particular can force out Carbink with Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, or Petal Dance.
**Ground-types** Rhydon, Steelix, Golem, and Golurk can threaten Carbink with Earthquake or Gyro Ball.
**Special Walls** Specially defensive Vileplume, Ferroseed, Audino, and Lickilicky can stall out Carbink.
**Phazing** Users of Roar and Whirlwind are able to reset Carbink's boosts.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I personally think that Carbink's only set should be Trick Room Lead as the Dual Screens set is terrible. Something like this:

Trick Room
########
name: Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Stealth Rock
move 3: Explosion
item: Mental Herb
nature: Relaxed

I will let you do all the changes necessary and i will check later

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
toxic + protect is not for stall teams so don't write something misleading like that. it is the best option for a sr set if you don't want to run trick room though but in any case it should still stay in oo

qc 1/3

What are peoples thoughts on a CM set? I've seen it work, it kind of acts like crotomb, and can work pretty well with toxic spikes support. Just loses to different Pokemon than crotomb.

I haven't used it myself, but I think it could be interesting and should at least be mentioned positively in OO

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think leftovers should be mentioned as an item for Carbink because in NU atm there is like 2-3 viable taunters in Qwil and Missy, and not every team carries taunt, or taunt on those two anyways. Leftovers recovery is important if it wants to come in multiple times to set up trick room. Maybe mention it in set details somewhere.
I would also mention that pokemon can easily set up on Carbink under C&C, as it has very little offensive presence unless it explodes.
Also definitely mention CM rest talk in oo, as I remember watching Ras get swept by it lol. (Must be viable!)
I'm not sure I would mention priority as a C&C as most things are going to be outpacing it anyways and Carbink is going to take little to none from most of the priority. Other QC's input would be good on this

I have to say you should change a bit of your wording with the moves part:

"Trick Room is Trick Room"
"Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock"

You don't need to overemphasize on the moves, but this sounds a bit childish in my opinion.

Trick Room last for 5 turns and its useful for slow Pokemon to have a head start in battle
Stealth Rock is useful against flying and fire-types by half, but most of all its usage to hurt the party's Pokemon as they switch.

As for OO:

Dual Screen is terrible!
Calm Mind is a better stepping direction.
Protect + Toxic is bad, if the moveset only has screens, aside from these two moves.

The Counters and Checks:

Well done!

I have to say you should change a bit of your wording with the moves part:

"Trick Room is Trick Room"
"Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock"

You don't need to overemphasize on the moves, but this sounds a bit childish in my opinion.

Trick Room last for 5 turns and its useful for slow Pokemon to have a head start in battle
Stealth Rock is useful against flying and fire-types by half, but most of all its usage to hurt the party's Pokemon as they switch.
This only applies to the skeleton, obviously I will mention what the moves do in the write-up.

I think Crobink should be the only set unless we keep screens + rocks bc uxie does it arguably better but carbink has nice typing I guess. It cock blocks Spiritomb, which is obviously huge, and it's a solid check to stuff like Flareon, Drain Punch Kangaskhan, Zangoose (252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Carbink: 107-126 (35.1 - 41.4%) -- 73.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery), etc. It also gives more defensively oriented/stall teams a win condition. It's definitely a better set than Trick Room, which I would honestly like to see cut from the analysis. Who even uses dedicated Trick Room? Sounds terrible to me. Last gen only set for Banette was a Trick Room lead, but Banette was terrible and couldn't do shit else. Carbink can. So plz:

Crobink
########
name: Crobink

and QC Reject 1/3 for Trick Room because Trick Room as a dedicated playstyle is bad, and I'd rather use good Pokemon on a non-dedicated TR team

I'm thinking of dumping the Trick Room set altogether. I see little reason to use TR lead Carbink over TR lead Uxie, as Uxie's Memento is a way better sacrificial move than Carbink's Explosion when I want a TR suicide lead (plus it gets Yawn, Knock Off and Foul Play to hinder setup, and Magic Coat to bounce Taunt)

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
"Leftovers can be used to lengthen Carbink's survivability"
"Bold with 0 Atk IVs reduce confusion/Foul Play damage"

neither of these need to be mentioned, as they're both painfully obvious. if you decide to leave them in, remove 'can' from the first line, as you are using them.

I would also be in favour of removing the TR set, as uxie is generally going to be a more reliable setter. If you do remove it, mention in OO that a TR set is viable, but outclassed by Uxie.

mmk, so your title is super confusing and convoluted atm.
Just know that once the above is implemented, everything on the page is okay and you can have a [QC 3/3].

Last edited:

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
amcheck :)

add remove (comments)

Overview
########

At first, Carbink seems like a forgettable Pokemon. It is weak to the common attacking types like Water, Grass, and Ground, and it has a 4x weakness to Steel. Additionally, it is slow at a base 50 Speed and weak without Calm Mind boosts at a base 50 Special Attack. Its base 50 Special Attack is not doing it any favors, either, as it does not hit very hard without Calm Mind boosts. It Carbink also lacks any form of recovery outside of Rest, and its shallow movepool in general limits what it can do on the field, making it a niche choice for a teamslot. However, not all is lost for Carbink'. Its (apostrophe) typing gives it some neat resistances to Normal-, Flying-, Fire-, Bug-, and Dark-type moves, as well as an immunity to Dragon. Its decent 50 / 150 / 150 defenses allow it to set up Calm Mind multiple times.

Mono-Attacker (this doesn't seem like the best way to characterize this set. Maybe change it to something along the lines of "Calm Mind"?)
########
name: Mono-Attacker

Moves
========

Calm Mind is a great setup move that takes advantage of Carbink’s bulk, as it will often be able to set up many times multiple boosts. Rest is used to increase Carbink’s longevity, while Sleep Talk is to ensure that Carbink can attack or boost while it is asleep during Rest turns. Moonblast is a STAB move which is also the attack of choice, since Carbink receives STAB from it, making it Carbink's most powerful special attack.

Set Details
========

The EV spread provide a makes Carbink physically defensive Carbink to so that it can more easily handle physical attackers such as Gurdurr, Sawk, Flareon, and Normal-types like Tauros, Zangoose, Swellow, and Kangaskhan more easily. The rest of the EVs are placed in Special Attack to boost the power of Carbink’s Moonblast a little. Sturdy guarantees that Carbink can take a hit, allowing it to use Rest if needed to regain its health.

Usage Tips
========

Generally, you should always make sure that you weaken or remove offensive threats that can strike hit Carbink hard (examples?) and defensive threats that Carbink has trouble breaking through, like such as Audino and Lickilicky. After these threats are gone, Carbink can set up Calm Mind on anything that fails to do significant damage to it, such as like Flareon, (comma) or Zangoose, or and Pokemon such as Dragalge locked into Draco Meteor that are Choice-locked into a harmless move from Choice Scarf or Choice Specs like Dragalge locked into Draco Meteor. Carbink is prone to being worn down throughout the match, so make sure to use Rest when necessary, and Sleep Talk to inflict damage or boost while asleep.

Team Options
========
(line break)
Carbink appreciates entry hazard support, such as which includes Toxic Spikes from Dragalge, Omastar, Garbodor, and Qwilfish; (semicolon) Spikes from the likes of Ferroseed and Crustle; (semicolon) and Stealth Rock from (examples of SR setters here) which has wide distribution. Carbink has a tough time breaking through specially bulky Pokemon and those that resist Moonblast can give Carbink a tough time breaking through them, so partners like such as Sawk, Seismitoad, Gurdurr, and Golurk are great teammates since they can clear the way for Carbink. Water-, Grass-, and Ground-types can muscle past Carbink with little difficulty. Therefore, it is recommended to have a Pokemon such as Vileplume, Sceptile, Lilligant, Rotom-S, Electivire, Pyroar, Magmortar, and Dragalge that can check these threats, like Vileplume, Sceptile, Lilligant, Rotom, Rotom-S, Electivire, Pyroar, Magmortar, and Dragalge are recommended.

Other Options
########

Carbink can use its bulk and typing to set up dual screens and Stealth Rock. It can also run a suicide lead set with Trick Room, Stealth Rock, and Explosion to support slow Pokemon in the NU metagame. Sunny Day is another option to take advantage of Carbink’s bulk and support a different set of Pokemon. However, these jobs are better left for to Uxie, as it has access to Memento, (comma) that which can ease setup for teammates, and as well as other utility options such as Yawn, Knock Off, Thunder Wave, Magic Coat, and Foul Play. A set with Protect and Toxic can be used to wear down opposing Pokemon to allow an easier time for Carbink’s teammates to KO them more easily.

Checks & Counters
########
(there should be colons after every item)
**Taunt**: Taunt completely stops Carbink from setting up Calm Mind, healing itself with Rest, or using Sleep Talk.

**Trick/ (remove slash) and Switcheroo**: Carbink cannot stay in around on Trick or Switcheroo users as being given a Choice item severely cripples it must be able to use more than one move.

**Setup Sweepers**: Since Carbink has little offensive presence before several boosts from Calm Mind, most setup sweepers, including such as Feraligatr, Samurott, Slurpuff, Klinklang, Mesprit, and Omastar, (comma) can beat it one-on-one. (dashes)

**Water-types**: Seismitoad has access to Knock Off and can use Scald or Hydro Pump on Carbink to wear it Carbink down. Qwilfish has a resistance to Moonblast as well as access to Taunt as well as a resistance to Moonblast. Ludicolo can set up Rain Dance on Carbink and threaten a sweep.

**Grass-types**: Sceptile and Lilligant in particular can force out Carbink with Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, or Petal Dance. Lilligant can also set up Quiver Dance on Carbink lacking that lack Calm Mind boosts.

**Ground-types**: Rhydon, Steelix, Golem, and Golurk can threaten Carbink with Earthquake or and Gyro Ball.

**Special Walls**: Specially defensive Vileplume, Ferroseed, Audino, and Lickilicky, and specially defensive Vileplume can stall out Carbink by virtue of their special bulk.

**Phazing**: Users of Roar and Whirlwind are able to reset Carbink's boosts.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Mono-Attacker (this doesn't seem like the best way to characterize this set. Maybe change it to something along the lines of "Calm Mind"?)
I wouldn't even be upset if it was called Crobink, cause it's basically just the Crocune set in a Carbink's body. iirc, the Cro-Spiritomb set is being called Crotomb on site, so idk why this would be any different :]

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MQJinx

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

At first, Carbink seems like a forgettable Pokemon. It is weak to the common attacking types Water, Grass, and Ground, and it has a 4x weakness to Steel. Additionally, it is slow at a base 50 Speed and weak without Calm Mind boosts at a base 50 Special Attack. Carbink also lacks any form of recovery outside of Rest, and its shallow movepool in general limits what it can do on the field, making it a niche choice for a teamslot. However, Carbink's typing gives it some neat resistances to Normal-, Flying-, Fire-, Bug-, and Dark-type moves, as well as an immunity to Dragon. Its decent 50 / 150 / 150 defenses allow it to set up Calm Mind multiple times.

CroBink
########

Moves
========

Calm Mind is a great setup move that takes advantage of Carbink's bulk, as it thanks to it Carbink will often be able to set up many times. Rest is used to increase Carbink's longevity, while and Sleep Talk is to ensure that Carbink can attack or boost while it is asleep. Moonblast is a STAB move which is also Carbink's most powerful special attack.

Set Details
========

The EV spread makes Carbink physically defensive so that it can more easily handle physical attackers such as Gurdurr, Sawk, Flareon, Tauros, Zangoose, Swellow, and Kangaskhan. The rest of the EVs are placed in Special Attack to boost the power of Carbink's Moonblast a little. Sturdy guarantees that Carbink can take a hit, allowing it to use Rest if needed to regain its health.

Usage Tips
========

Generally, you should always make sure that you weaken or remove offensive threats that can hit Carbink hard, such as Sceptile, Lilligant, Feraligatr, and Samurott, and defensive threats that Carbink has trouble breaking through, such as Audino and Lickilicky. After these threats are gone, Carbink can set up Calm Mind on anything that fails to do significant damage to it, such as Flareon, Zangoose, and Pokemon such as Dragalge locked into Draco Meteor that are Choice-locked into a harmless move. Carbink is prone to being worn down throughout the match, so make sure to use Rest when necessary, and Sleep Talk to inflict damage or boost while asleep.

Team Options
========

Carbink appreciates entry hazard support, which includes Toxic Spikes from Dragalge, Omastar, Garbodor, and Qwilfish; Spikes from Ferroseed and Crustle; and Stealth Rock from Rhydon and Uxie. Carbink has a tough time breaking through specially bulky Pokemon and those that resist Moonblast, so partners such as Sawk, Seismitoad, Gurdurr, and Golurk can clear the way for Carbink. Water-, Grass-, and Ground-types can muscle past Carbink with little difficulty. Therefore, it is recommended to have a Pokemon such as Vileplume, Sceptile, Lilligant, Rotom-S, Electivire, Pyroar, Magmortar, and Dragalge that can check these threats.

Other Options
########

Carbink can use its bulk and typing to set up dual screens and Stealth Rock. It can also run a suicide lead set with Trick Room, Stealth Rock, and Explosion to support slow Pokemon. Sunny Day is another option to take advantage of Carbink's bulk and support a different set of Pokemon. However, these jobs are better left to Uxie, as it has access to Memento, which can ease setup for teammates, as well as other utility options such as Yawn, Knock Off, Thunder Wave, Magic Coat, and Foul Play. A set with Protect and Toxic can be used to wear down opposing Pokemon to allow Carbink's teammates to KO them more easily.

Checks & Counters
########

**Trick and Switcheroo**: Carbink cannot stay in on Trick or Switcheroo users, (AC) as being given a Choice item severely cripples it.

**Setup Sweepers**: Since Because Carbink has little offensive presence before several boosts from Calm Mind, most setup sweepers, including Feraligatr, Samurott, Slurpuff, Klinklang, Mesprit, and Omastar, can beat it one-on-one.

**Water-types**: Seismitoad has access to Knock Off and can use Scald or Hydro Pump to wear Carbink down. Qwilfish has a resistance to Moonblast as well as access to Taunt. Ludicolo can set up Rain Dance on Carbink and threaten a sweep.

**Grass-types**: Sceptile and Lilligant in particular can force out Carbink with Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, or Petal Dance. Lilligant can also set up Quiver Dance on Carbink that lack Calm Mind boosts.

**Ground-types**: Rhydon, Steelix, Golem, and Golurk threaten Carbink with Earthquake and Gyro Ball.

**Special Walls**: Ferroseed, Audino, Lickilicky, and specially defensive Vileplume can stall out Carbink by virtue of their special bulk.

**Phazing**: Users of Roar and Whirlwind are able to reset Carbink's boosts.

1/2

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi
Overview
########
At first, Carbink seems like a forgettable Pokemon. It is weak to the common attacking types, Water, Grass, and Ground, and it has a 4x weakness to Steel. Additionally, it is slow, having a pathetic base 50 Speed, and is weak without Calm Mind boosts, at an extremely low base 50 Special Attack. Carbink also lacks any form of recovery outside of Rest, and its shallow movepool in general limits what it can do on the field, making it a niche choice for a teamslot. However, Carbink's typing gives it some neat resistances to Normal-, Flying-, Fire-, Bug-, and Dark-type moves, as well as an immunity to Dragon. Its decent 50 / 150 / 150 defenses allow it to set up Calm Mind multiple times.
CroBink
########
Moves
========
Calm Mind is a great setup move that takes advantage of Carbink’s bulk, as thanks to it, Carbink will often be able to set up many times. Rest is used to increase Carbink’s longevity, and Sleep Talk is to ensure that Carbink can attack or boost while it is asleep. Moonblast is a STAB move whichthat is also Carbink's most powerful special attack.
Set Details
========
The EV spread makes Carbink physically defensive so that it can more easily handle physical attackers such as Gurdurr, Sawk, Flareon, Tauros, Zangoose, Swellow, and Kangaskhan. The rest of the EVs are placed in Special Attack to boost the power of Carbink’s Moonblast a little. Sturdy guarantees that Carbink can take a hit, allowing it to use Rest if needed to regain its health.
Usage Tips
========
Team Options
========
Carbink appreciates entry hazard support, which includes Toxic Spikes from Dragalge, Garbodor, and Qwilfish; Spikes from Ferroseed and Crustle; and Stealth Rock from Rhydon and Uxie. Carbink has a tough time breaking through specially bulky Pokemon and thosePokemon that resist Moonblast, so partners such as Sawk, Seismitoad, Gurdurr, and Golurk can clear the way for Carbink. Water-, Grass-, and Ground-types can muscle past Carbink with little difficulty. ThereforHence, it is recommended to have a Pokemon such as Vileplume, Sceptile, Lilligant, Rotom-S, Electivire, Pyroar, Magmortar, and Dragalge that can check these threats.
Other Options
########
Carbink can use its bulk and typing to set up dual screens and Stealth Rock. It can also run a suicide lead set with Trick Room, Stealth Rock, and Explosion to support slow Pokemon. Sunny Day is another option to take advantage of Carbink’s bulk and support a different set of Pokemon. However, these jobs are better left to Uxie, as it has access to Memento, which can ease setup for teammates, as well as other utility options such as Yawn, Knock Off, Thunder Wave, Magic Coat, and Foul Play. A set with Protect and Toxic can be used to wear down opposing Pokemon to allow Carbink’s teammates to KO them more easily.
Checks & Counters
########
**Trick and Switcheroo**: Carbink cannot stay in on Trick or Switcheroo users, as being given a Choice item severely cripples it.
**Setup Sweepers**: Because Carbink has little offensive presence before several boosts from Calm Mind, most setup sweepers, including Feraligatr, Samurott, Slurpuff, Klinklang, Mesprit, and Kabutops, can beat it one-on-one.
**Grass-types**: Sceptile and Lilligant, in particular, can force out Carbink with Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, or Petal Dance. Lilligant can also set up Quiver Dance on Carbink that lack Calm Mind boosts.
**Phazing**: Users of Roar and Whirlwind are able tocan reset Carbink's boosts.

GP 2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)