Ingame Hax in Pokemon

Let's face it. We've all suffered hax before. Whether ingame or competitively, we've all lost battles because our Pokemon just couldn't hit that one move, missed out on Wild Pokemon because we got a critical hit and killed them, or even missed Pokeballs in Gen 1. So what ingame hax experiences have you had? I'll share some of mine as examples.

1. In HeartGold when I tried to catch Lugia, it ran out of moves and killed itself with Struggle recoil. This happened to me at least 5 times, so I just gave up trying to catch it.

2. I ran out of Pokeballs trying to catch Giratina in Platinum a few times. At least I caught it eventually (and in a Pokeball!)

3. I lost a World Tour in White 2 because Marlon's Carracosta got a crit on all 3 of my Pokemon (Ampharos, Darmanitan, Drapion)

So what hax experiences have you had ingame? I look forward to hearing yours!

- MegaMan775 :toast:

Last edited:
I once had a mock battle on my Vs. Recorder where my Sableye's Will-O-Wisp missed 3 times in a row. That drove me insane.
Actually, that's not the worse one. I was rematching Whitney in SoulSilver while in the process of leveling up my Miltank. It was Miltank vs Miltank. She used Body Slam. It paralyzed my Miltank. I used a Full Restore (I had more of these than I needed). She used Body Slam again. Paralyzed my Miltank. This repeated until Body Slam ran out of PP. 14/15 times, it paralyzed me. I am not kidding.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I do a lot of pokemon breeding with pokemon that have 4 egg moves. In order to preserve the egg moves on the parents, I usually give them a few levels before I put them in the daycare so the pokemon doesn't learn new moves as fast and overwrite the egg moves. One of the places I like to do this is in the yellow flower grass just south of the daycare center, where I encountered this menace:

Volbeat
Level 13
Nature: ???
IVs: lol
Ability: Illuminate or Swarm
- Confuse Ray
- Double Team
- Moonlight
- Tackle

Normally, I use my exp. share and just always lead with my level 100 talonflame (the only other pokemon I keep with me when breeding), let it OHKO the wild pokemon, and let the exp. share pass the exp to the breeder pokemon, but for whatever reason, this time the breeder was in the lead position instead of talonflame when the troll volbeat appeared.

I thought, ehh, what can this thing do to me? I'll just switch into my talonflame...and volbeat uses confuse ray on the switch. The following turn, tflame hits himself in confusion, and volbeat uses double team. Between confuse hax and evasion hax, this LEVEL 13 WILD VOLBEAT takes down my level 100 talonflame.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:
I do a lot of pokemon breeding with pokemon that have 4 egg moves. In order to preserve the egg moves on the parents, I usually give them a few levels before I put them in the daycare so the pokemon doesn't learn new moves as fast and overwrite the egg moves. One of the places I like to do this is in the yellow flower grass just south of the daycare center, where I encountered this menace:

Volbeat
Level 13
Nature: ???
IVs: lol
Ability: Illuminate or Swarm
- Confuse Ray
- Double Team
- Moonlight
- Tackle

Normally, I use my exp. share and just always lead with my level 100 talonflame above (the only other pokemon I keep with me when breeding), let it OHKO the wild pokemon, and let the exp. share pass the exp to the breeder pokemon, but for whatever reason, this time the breeder was in the lead position instead of talonflame when the troll volbeat appeared.

I thought, ehh, what can this thing do to me? I'll just switch into my talonflame...and volbeat uses confuse ray on the switch. The following turn, tflame hits himself in confusion, and volbeat uses double team. Between confuse hax and evasion hax, this LEVEL 13 WILD VOLBEAT takes down my level 100 talonflame.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
That is a very based Volbeat lol.
Kinda like the Level 1 Magnemite. The Berry Juice + Sturdy one.

I once had a mock battle on my Vs. Recorder where my Sableye's Will-O-Wisp missed 3 times in a row. That drove me insane.
Okay, this is technically a competitive match, but I'm reminded of a Gen V NU match where my opponent's Misdreavus "missed" three consecutive WoW's on my Floatzel. He was sure pissed off until I pointed out that my Floatzel had the ability Water Veil...

You know how everything seems to have Serene Grace? Dialga raised its stats with AncientPower three times in a row and swept what was left of my team after beating Cyrus. So I SR'd, chucked a Quick Ball, SR'd again, repeated about 100 times and caught it. Azelf was also impossible to catch in that one.

But my opponents are on the receiving end much more often than me. In Platinum, my Room paralysed Aaron's three Pokémon that weren't OHKO'd by Discharge, and was never even targeted by an attack that battle. Uxie was caught quickly, thanks to a critical hit Crunch. I hit a Focus Blast.

You know how everything seems to have Serene Grace? Dialga raised its stats with AncientPower three times in a row and swept what was left of my team after beating Cyrus. So I SR'd, chucked a Quick Ball, SR'd again, repeated about 100 times and caught it. Azelf was also impossible to catch in that one.

But my opponents are on the receiving end much more often than me. In Platinum, my Room paralysed Aaron's three Pokémon that weren't OHKO'd by Discharge, and was never even targeted by an attack that battle. Uxie was caught quickly, thanks to a critical hit Crunch. I hit a Focus Blast.
I caught Azelf in one Dusk Ball :P
I also caught Uxie in a Quick Ball :D
Seems like you have more good luck than bad in Platinum.

I hit a Focus Blast.
IMPOSSIBRU!

Once I decided to do a Gen I mono-Hyper Beam (plus anti-Ghost moves ofc) run just for the lolz. Against Lance, my Snorlax critted 3 Hyper Beams in a row. With Gen I crit mechanics that's like the chance of finding a shiny in the wild pre-Gen VI.

(Which I have not yet done without Pokeradar. My games like to troll me)

I was speed running sapphire the other day with blaziken(lol, whatever), but when I got to the 7th gym leader (the twins) the hax began. Their lunatone crit my blaziken right away with psychic (killing it), then I revived him and sent him back out. Another crit. Revived and sent out again, crit 3. The next time I sent blaziken out I killed lunatone. Unfortunately solrock critted, thus ending my revives. I then rage quit and unfortunately had to start back at the 5th gym( the last time I saved). Next time though I got the hax as they happily psychiced my poocheana to no effect, allowing for an easy victory.

The most haxxy moment for me was in Y when I was grinding some moss in Victory Road. My Blaziken's High Jump Kick missed four times in a row ( I healed in between). Unless I'm mistaken, the chance of that happening is less than that of finding a wild shiny pre-Gen 6. Speaking of shinies, the game apologised by allowing me to catch a shiny Geodude in a horde battle in which all the other Geodude knew Magnitude. Thank God for Sturdy.

I was speed running sapphire the other day with blaziken(lol, whatever), but when I got to the 7th gym leader (the twins) the hax began. Their lunatone crit my blaziken right away with psychic (killing it), then I revived him and sent him back out. Another crit. Revived and sent out again, crit 3. The next time I sent blaziken out I killed lunatone. Unfortunately solrock critted, thus ending my revives. I then rage quit and unfortunately had to start back at the 5th gym( the last time I saved). Next time though I got the hax as they happily psychiced my poocheana to no effect, allowing for an easy victory.
Ouch.
Well, as my old tech teacher used to say:
"SAVE AS YOU GO! WOAH WOAH WOAH!"

Just today, actually. I'm in the Maison, using a Greninja (lead), Talonflame and Gengar. Super Singles.
Battle starts, person sends out Tyranitar. I get worried because sand stream would boost special defence, but then it turns out to have unnerve. I stare in disbelief for a few seconds then chuckle and click Hydro Pump.
Hydro Pump misses.
Tyranitar used Dragon Dance.
Tyranitar OHKO sweeps my whole team.

Just today, actually. I'm in the Maison, using a Greninja (lead), Talonflame and Gengar. Super Singles.
Battle starts, person sends out Tyranitar. I get worried because sand stream would boost special defence, but then it turns out to have unnerve. I stare in disbelief for a few seconds then chuckle and click Hydro Pump.
Hydro Pump misses.
Never use missing moves in the maison...I learned that in 4th gen missing 3 heatwaves in a row.

I can vouch for that XY volbeat story. On both of my XY runs, that battle lasted longer than any other battle in the game for me.

Also, Ghetsis' Hydreigon in BW can survive a max att Rock Slide from Excadril, just so everyone knows...

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Ok once I was playing pokemon fire red and I had 3 of my pokemon in level of 30-40 I wanted to catch gyarados of 24-29 lvl I was using hitting it with low damaging moves so when it's hp came to like 20-10 hp I started using poke ball I failed all the time soon started attaking my pokemon I see my last charizard was left so I decided to kill it I used flamethrower I see it missed and gyarados killed me I was very angry that when I saw a gyarados I used master ball to catch it

Hydro Pump misses.
Losing a battle because you missed one move.
Happens to the best of us.

I can vouch for that XY volbeat story. On both of my XY runs, that battle lasted longer than any other battle in the game for me.

Also, Ghetsis' Hydreigon in BW can survive a max att Rock Slide from Excadril, just so everyone knows...
Use earthquake and moldbreaker

Having Ice Beam freeze me twice during Wulfric's gym made me hate life a little, especially since it was during my solo run.

Also, fucking Avalugg using Crunch and getting 3 defense drops in a row and then critting me to death. Wulfric was not a fun gym for me.

Having Ice Beam freeze me twice during Wulfric's gym made me hate life a little, especially since it was during my solo run.

Also, fucking Avalugg using Crunch and getting 3 defense drops in a row and then critting me to death. Wulfric was not a fun gym for me.
You make me feel lucky. And I'm the guy whose Geodude got flinched three times in a row by a Zubat's Bite. Then it got confused and hit itself twice. And THEN it tries to use Rock Slide after snapping out of confusion, and the move MISSES.
Then I started mashing the run button.

You make me feel lucky. And I'm the guy whose Geodude got flinched three times in a row by a Zubat's Bite. Then it got confused and hit itself twice. And THEN it tries to use Rock Slide after snapping out of confusion, and the move MISSES.
Then I started mashing the run button.
Let me guess.
You mashed the run button and the game said
"Couldn't get away!"

Happened today with me, so I was playing a local tournament, and someone has this Togekiss, I paralyze it. It paralyzes me the next turn, and no matter what, whenever I was using a move while paralyzed I'd be unable to use it, but this little Togekiss wasn't phased by paralysis at all.

Poison made the little cretin die though. Little annoying fairies.

Also B2W2's World Tour was the most computer favouring thing, happened to everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)