np: XY UU Stage 3 - Calling [Diggersby: BL, Next: Scolipede]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diancie and Togekiss should help handle Hydreigon, and with two things it utterly destroyed leaving (Slowbro and Mew), you gotta think Hydra is gonna be a bit worse.

However, I am very excited for Togekiss, even if it could be annoying, I think it will be good for the meta.

I am not that great of a player, but I feel like Nidoking and Lucario got a lot better with the new drops. Without Mew, there are no really good defoggers that can beat Nidoking etc.

Lucario can go special without having to use dark pulse, maybe dual stab??

I think Hydre will be worsened a bit because it can't come in on most Mew and Slowbro's anymore, being beaten by Togekiss etc, but I think it still will be a good mixed attacker, as it can run Superpower or Iron Tail!

Only time will tell!

I am also hoping Espeon stays in the tier. Has great Spa, good speed, and a pretty decent movepool!

Espeon has baton pass to bypass pursuit so youd better be careful. The last thing you want is to click pursuit when justified luc or absol come into play. I ran it in gen V ou very easily with dual screen espeon with baton pass. Itll make set up sweepers like haxorus that much scarier imo.

I think espeon will be slightly overlooked due to newcomers toge diancie and smeargle. But just you wait, espeon will have its day!
Pursuit Mega Aero eats Espeon, even if it tries to BP out it still gets hit. Espeon doesn't do much back either.

MRW Mew leaves UU:

Mew was always the bane of my existence, and I don't see how Houndoom is suddenly worse, this just makes the Sunny Day set ridiculous.

252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Diancie in Sun: 224-264 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Solar Power Fire Blast is actually slightly stronger than a raw +2 Fire Blast, the only move that is actively worse on the Sunny Day set as opposed to the Nasty Plot set is Dark Pulse.

I would actually argue that stall got a lot stronger with the new drops. With the absence of the best wallbreaker(heracross), and the absence of a good stallbreaker(mew), Diancie synergizes well with blissey, stopping many wallbreakers like non iron tail dreigon, shao, and tini. Espeon is a nice boon with magic bounce, and mega-amphy can help absorb paralysis and air slashes from Togekiss. Smeargle and vaporeon have nice support capabilities as well. Stall is certainly breakable, but I think it got a bit more than spike stacking HO.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok some i'm just gonna run through a quick metagame anakysis in my eyes at least with the new drops and other stuff that benefits from them:

View attachment 25582 Quagsire: Good for stopping stuff like Toxicroak, Haxorus, Bulk up Tornadus, etc. Should have a good niche, although Luke now should be Special Mainly.

View attachment 25583 Lucario: Speaking of which, NP luke doesnt need Dark Pulse anymore which is amazing, now it has Aura Sphere to break Aloma and Quag, Vacuum wave for priority, Flash cannon for Togekiss Florges etc.

View attachment 25584 Vaporeon: Great Wish passer, has Baton pass which works incredibly well with Dugtrio, this and heal bell give it a good niche, as does its high Special bulk and Water typing over Blissey.

View attachment 25585 Espeon: I can'dt say much, but kinda stinks for Spike stackers, didn't really use Xatu in BW so i don't know how this will play out, should be fun. We do have good pursuiters that can deal with Espeon, in Mega Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Krookodile.

View attachment 25586 Togekiss: The most potentially broken, I'm leaning towards it not being BL, but it can do anything. Defog, Heal Bell, reliable recovery, Scary Nasty Plot sets, Paraflinch to get by its usual checks, Baton Pass. Holy Shit crap thats a lot of roles. Also Fairy Flying is amazing, much better than normal Flying. And finally we get a more offensive check to Hydreigon yay. This thing will shift the meta for sure.

View attachment 25587 (mfw when no gif) Diancie: A lot of people were shitting on it, but it has two good sets that i can see. A physically defensive with Stealth Rocks does very well against the Fires and Dragons of the tier. Calm Mind could be run similar to suicune, although the Steel weakness is bad. Its movepool is garbage though, and it is helpless against any steel in the tier. Move tutors save us please.

View attachment 25588 (mfw again) Hydreigon: I think Flash Cannon and Iron Tail will become more common on Scarf and LO sets respectively, to deal with its checks, but it still has to predict them, and it should hamper it at least a little bit.

View attachment 25589 Smeargle: It's there for those who like it, SmashPass, QuiverPass, ShiftPass, all that garbage. Also Sleep Talk Crobat may make a comeback with the whole Spore thing. Who knows with Smeargle, he's still not going to be common.

View attachment 25592 View attachment 25593 View attachment 25591 View attachment 25590 Toxic Spikes: With Mew and Heracross gone, this is a boon for the hazard in general as the best defogger (sorry Crobat and Aero) and abuser of Guts are leaving. The new defogger Kiss hates switching in on all of the Spikes setters that are common, Nidos, Roserade, Tentacruel. Mew could switch if at full health and just stall out the opponent or defog right away.

Balance --> Offensive: Smeargle, Espeon, rise of special luke, this suggests shifts towards a more offensive meta. I'm happy as higher ladder UU is 80% semistall 4 mon defensive core, scarfer, sweeper, jesus it gets so stale. This is just a guess though, haha.

Really happy with these tier shifts, it's gonna be a fun 3 months. Cheers UU!

EDIT: MFW WHEN 150 POSTS! wow lol i musta missed it, thanks to everyone who got me here.

252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Diancie in Sun: 224-264 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Solar Power Fire Blast is actually slightly stronger than a raw +2 Fire Blast, the only move that is actively worse on the Sunny Day set as opposed to the Nasty Plot set is Dark Pulse.
This is why I like Diancie over Rhyperior simply because she isn't deathly allergic to special attacks :')

is using smeargle as a hazard lead not that great than as a stats passer?
It is less preferred as suicide hazard leads just aren't as viable thanks to defog and good spinners, so a more bulky hazard setter tends to be preferred so that they have the freedom to come in the game and set hazards by merit of their bulk or typing. Smeargle has neither the bulk or typing like other hazard setters, or speed stat, so I wouldn't advise him over the other setters.

Espeon and Mega Absol cockblock hazzards Smeargle to no end. Stats pass is easily Smeargle's best set atm with so many things appreciating +2/+2/+2 boosts, leave Spikes stacking to Froslass.

I already miss my Bro... Anyway, it looks like this meta is gonna change a lot. I just started playing it recently, so I will sit back and let some of the dust settle before speculating or laddering.

View attachment 25582 Quagsire: Good for stopping stuff like Toxicroak, Haxorus, Bulk up Tornadus, etc. Should have a good niche, although Luke now should be Special Mainly.

View attachment 25583 Lucario: Speaking of which, NP luke doesnt need Dark Pulse anymore which is amazing, now it has Aura Sphere to break Aloma and Quag, Vacuum wave for priority, Flash cannon for Togekiss Florges etc.
Quagsire isn't a problem for Haxorus because of Mold breaker. Also Quagsire stops NP Luke the same way it stops SD Luke.

252+ SpA Life Orb Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 242-286 (61.4 - 72.5%)
252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 199-235 (50.5 - 59.6%)

It can't switch in to either variants but can stop the sweep.

Pursuit Mega Aero eats Espeon, even if it tries to BP out it still gets hit. Espeon doesn't do much back either.
Pursuit mega aero and scarf krook are probably the only faster pursuit users...

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Espeon: 196-232 (58.6 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

When espeon clicks Baton Pass as opposed to switching out directly, you dont get the pursuit.boost.

Thats the spread for dual screen bulky espeon...

252 Atk Krookodile Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Espeon: 186-218 (55.6 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So no Espeon is not eaten by mega aero as it can set up screens, or at least one, and baton pass out relatively in tact...

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Espeon through Reflect: 98-116 (29.3 - 34.7%) -- 8.6% chance to 3HKO

That assumes mega aero switches in as espeon sets up reflect and baton passes next turn with at least 65% HP still..

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
nasty plot kiss / support vape / twaving mega amphy is something I've found works pretty well so far as a threesome. I wouldn't call it a core since it doesn't have rocks but it's easy enough to slot in a rocker and a hard hitting fire type in the 4/5 slots with the 6th slot being open to what you need.

but doesn't grass knot deal more damage for the bulky waters that checks it...

anyway i'm excited for the meta of this new tier shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)