Smogon All Generation Tournament II - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion

Smogon All Generation Tournament I - Won by 6A9 Ace Matador
Tournaments rules: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3486049/

- You are not allowed to join if you are ICBB status or you are banned from joining tournaments.

- You have to battle in a Best Of 5 ( like smogon tour finals ):

* 1 RBY OU
* 1 GSC OU
* 1 ADV OU
* 1 DPP OU
* 1 BW OU
* 1 XY OU

!!!!! - This tournament was played the first time when we only had 5 generations, now we have a sixth generation: XY, so it is going to be a Best of 5, each match up will have a generation ( chosen randomly ) that won't be played.

Example:

6A9 Ace Matador vs Earthworm [ BW ]. It would be a Best of 5 series between: RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP and XY.

- You have to battle Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3 Battles on Pokemon Online. ( I don't know if NetBattle is still ok for these gens )
- You may battle Gen 4 Battles on Showdown! or Pokemon Online. ( Showdown! takes preference if you cant agree )
- You have to battle Gen 5 and Gen 6 Battles on Showdown!.

- Showdown!: http://pokemonshowdown.com/

- If you have problems choosing the order of your battles, here is the system:
* Player A chooses the first battle.
* Player B chooses the next two battles.
* Player A chooses the fourth battle.
* The lastone.

Introduction

Welcome to Smogon All Generation! This tournament intends to see who is the most complete player at pokemon Standard metagames.

RULES AND TIERS

Gen 1 (RBY):

- No GSC tradebacks.

- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.

- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.

- Freeze Clause: A player cannot freeze two or more different opposing Pokémon.

- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Indirect boosts do not break this clause.

- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KOing an opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.

- Self-KO Clause: Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie. If a move that has recoil damage causes a tie, the user of the move is the winner.

- Battle Timeout must be enabled.

- No Ubers.

- http://www.smogon.com/rb/tiers/

Gen 2 (GSC):

- No Ubers.

- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.

- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.

- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.

- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KOing an opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.

- Using a trapping move and a Sleep inducing move and Perish Song in combination with each other is banned.

- Legendaries are allowed to use Hidden Power.

- http://www.smogon.com/gs/tiers/

Gen 3 (ADV):

- No Ubers.

- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.

- http://www.smogon.com/rs/tiers/

Gen 4 (DPP):

- No Ubers.

- Timed Battle must be enabled.

- http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/

Gen 5 (BW):

- No Ubers.

- A player may not use any Item / Pokemon / Moveset that is not obtainable in-game.

- Team preview must be enabled

- Only Pokemon that have been proven to have a released Dream World ability will be allowed to use that ability.

- http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/

Gen 6 (XY):

- No Ubers.

- A player may not use any Item / Pokemon / Moveset that is not obtainable in-game.

- Team preview must be enabled

- Only Pokemon that have been proven to have a released hidden ability will be allowed to use that ability.

- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.

- https://www.smogon.com/xyhub/tiers

Pairings:

BKC vs Lord Elyis [ GSC ]
Mael vs Conflict [ DPP ]
Aurious vs Adversary [ ADV ]
Vinc2612 vs KratosMana [ RBY ]
Cinco Diablo vs PROBLEMS [ RBY ]
SoulWind vs Light The Thunder [ ADV ]
Sapientia vs el poeta [ RBY ]
Quickbobhero vs Jirachie [ DPP ]
MarceloDK vs Hantsuki [ XY ]
llvallejoll vs Isa [ XY ]
Lord Ninjax vs Bad Ass [ BW ]
Bomber92 vs davidness [ GSC ]
Bedschibaer vs Blue Eon [ BW ]
Cronenberg vs DracoMalfoy [ ADV ]
Hill vs pokebasket [ XY ]
Danilo vs McMeghan [ DPP ]

DEADLINE: Friday 12th (September)

Last edited:
I'm not playing fakes, just saying. Hantsuki tried to schedule through all the deadline, while fakes just kept ignoring his attempts over and over again. Coin flipping a matchup where someone tried to schedule and the other person just came at random times asking to play is ridiculously unfair. Imagine if someone knows he is facing an opponent who is much better than him, then he decides to vm him asking to play everyday at opp's 3 am while ignoring all his attempts to schedule, aiming to get that 50% to chance win at the end of the round instead of playing and having like a 6.25% chance to win. Is that fair to you? I can't see what's the fucking trouble on vming your opponent your availability, that won't take 30 seconds of your time, really.

edit - update, I was wrong. After much procrastinating, on the thursday fakes finally scheduled a time with hantsuki. And guess what? The german missed the time himself set up to play. Coin flip worthy, imo dotdotdot

Therefore, I'll just remain in this tournament if I play Hantsuki this round. If that's unacceptable for you, you can give 199 lives the win over me. :)

Last edited:

HANTSUKI

satan saves xmas
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RUPL Champion
My trip for today was canceled so I can play today. I'm free for the rest of the day and I'll prolly be free tomorrow after my 3pm.

EDIT- won against Fakes with the luck on my side, ggs

Last edited:

Hill

ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day
is a Past WCoP Champion
won bw, dpp and adv but the only clean game was bw, didn't deserve to win any of the other two.

sorry about that and gg I guess

Confirming, I had the games won in DPP and ADV, but the hax was really annoying :(

Good luck in the tourney and GGs tho, man ;)

I think that after this, I need psychological help.

Lost 0-3, RBY Game, GSC RBY Game, ADV RBY GSC Game.

It's the game, I guess. GG and GL n_n.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Currently 2-2 with Danilo.
Lost the Tauros War which decided the RBY game.
Lost ADV in a close game to SuperLax.
Won BW.
Won XY thanks to SuperTran.

We'll play GSC some time later, ggs for now Danilo :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)