Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky drop is supposed to null the effects of rage powder aimed at the sky dropped pokemon, according to Bulbapedia:

If the center of attention is taken into the air by Sky Drop, it no longer draws moves, even moves that can hit it while in the air.
I sky dropped their amoonguss after it rage powdered. I attempted to hit their other pokemon with a move, and it ended up being rediected into the sky dropped amoonguss instead of hitting.

i chedked the replay ( didnt save it tho) i used synchronoise twice, then used psyshock. when i went to teambuilder i had synchronoise
First off, please DO save replays ALWAYS when reporting a bug, it's only easier for those who are here to help and solve issues for you only. All from what I know, at least, there's nothing I can say without replays. Sorry.

In Vgc 2014, solarbeam glitch with rage powder
Amoonguss used Rage Powder!
Amoonguss became the center of attention!

The opposing Venusaur used SolarBeam!
The opposing Venusaur absorbed light!
It's super effective! Hippowdon lost 87.9% of its health!

Hippowdon fainted!

The opposing Tyranitar used Crunch!
Amoonguss lost 33.5% of its health!

Amoonguss restored HP using its Black Sludge!
The opposing Tyranitar was hurt by poison!
The opposing team's Light Screen wore off!
★FpStormz: how
★FpStormz: i had rage powder up
★Astromon: what do you mean how?
★Astromon: idk I just attacked
★FpStormz: solar beam should of hit my amoongus

Go! Sableye!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-159146909 here is the replay

In Vgc 2014, solarbeam glitch with rage powder
Amoonguss used Rage Powder!
Amoonguss became the center of attention!

The opposing Venusaur used SolarBeam!
The opposing Venusaur absorbed light!
It's super effective! Hippowdon lost 87.9% of its health!

Hippowdon fainted!

The opposing Tyranitar used Crunch!
Amoonguss lost 33.5% of its health!

Amoonguss restored HP using its Black Sludge!
The opposing Tyranitar was hurt by poison!
The opposing team's Light Screen wore off!
★FpStormz: how
★FpStormz: i had rage powder up
★Astromon: what do you mean how?
★Astromon: idk I just attacked
★FpStormz: solar beam should of hit my amoongus

Go! Sableye!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-159146909 here is the replay
Grass types, and of course Overcoat/Safety Goggles, are immune to powder moves. Apparently this includes Rage Powder.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rage_Powder_(move)
"Grass-type Pokémon, Pokémon with Overcoat, and Pokémon holding the Safety Goggles are now immune to Rage Powder, such that their attacks are not diverted by it."

Grass types, and of course Overcoat/Safety Goggles, are immune to powder moves. Apparently this includes Rage Powder.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rage_Powder_(move)
"Grass-type Pokémon, Pokémon with Overcoat, and Pokémon holding the Safety Goggles are now immune to Rage Powder, such that their attacks are not diverted by it."
That Is Stupid....thx For The Info Seriously Ruined My Chance of Winning Because of it..(ThX NINTENDO)

So I was battling in OU and a guy was able to use entrainment with a durant who had the hidden ability truant which is not supposed to be possible (yes I verified this on the smogon research page). He took advantage of this with a shadow tag gothitelle who used protect and calm mind to set up on me.

I did not save the replay as I did not know it was not supposed to be possible until quite a bit later.

So I was battling in OU and a guy was able to use entrainment with a durant who had the hidden ability truant which is not supposed to be possible (yes I verified this on the smogon research page). He took advantage of this with a shadow tag gothitelle who used protect and calm mind to set up on me.
I'm pretty sure both of those are legal sets.

Was in Random Battle, I burned a Basculin first turn. My opponent later switched in his Basculin on my scald from Vaporeon, except that he no longer was burned or at 88% from burn damage in Turn 1. I DID find out that he had a Zoroark on his team, so I thought that it was that. But my scald did not-very-effective damage, and it used Superpower the turn after.
REPLAY: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-159157420
Turn 1

Sableye used Will-O-Wisp!
The opposing Basculin was burned!

The opposing Basculin used Knock Off!
Sableye lost 29.1% of its health!
The opposing Basculin knocked off Sableye's Focus Sash!

The opposing Basculin was hurt by its burn!
Turn 5

OriginOfSpicies withdrew Krookodile!

OriginOfSpicies sent out Basculin!

Vaporeon used Scald!
It's not very effective... The opposing Basculin lost 18% of its health!

Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Vaporeon was hurt by poison!
Turn 6
★Anferos: ...were you burned before?

The opposing Basculin used Superpower!
Vaporeon lost 58.3% of its health!
The opposing Basculin's Attack fell!
The opposing Basculin's Defense fell!

Was in Random Battle, I burned a Basculin first turn. My opponent later switched in his Basculin on my scald from Vaporeon, except that he no longer was burned or at 88% from burn damage in Turn 1. I DID find out that he had a Zoroark on his team, so I thought that it was that. But my scald did not-very-effective damage, and it used Superpower the turn after.
REPLAY: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-159157420
Turn 1

Sableye used Will-O-Wisp!
The opposing Basculin was burned!

The opposing Basculin used Knock Off!
Sableye lost 29.1% of its health!
The opposing Basculin knocked off Sableye's Focus Sash!

The opposing Basculin was hurt by its burn!
Turn 5

OriginOfSpicies withdrew Krookodile!

OriginOfSpicies sent out Basculin!

Vaporeon used Scald!
It's not very effective... The opposing Basculin lost 18% of its health!

Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Vaporeon was hurt by poison!
Turn 6
★Anferos: ...were you burned before?

The opposing Basculin used Superpower!
Vaporeon lost 58.3% of its health!
The opposing Basculin's Attack fell!
The opposing Basculin's Defense fell!
It was indeed Zoroark, the first scald did normal effective damage and that "Basculin" used Knock Off, which Basculin can't learn.

Rumplestiltskin

I will rain lels all over you and you will drown in them
I can't use Mr. Mime with the ability soundproof in any gen 3 ladder, it gives me this message:
"Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
- Mr. Mime can't have Soundproof."

All moves I'm using are tm moves in gen 3.

I am not sure why Leech Seed is incompatible with either Vileplume's ability or other moves. From what I gathered from other similar posts, there might be a generation or breeding conflict of some sort. Can someone please explain why this is an issue? Thank you.

Vileplume (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Teeter Dance
- Leech Seed
- Infestation

I am not sure why Leech Seed is incompatible with either Vileplume's ability or other moves. From what I gathered from other similar posts, there might be a generation or breeding conflict of some sort. Can someone please explain why this is an issue? Thank you.

Vileplume (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Teeter Dance
- Leech Seed
- Infestation
A Leech Seed Vileplume must come from a Gen 3 event. Therefore, it can't have its hidden ability.
Next time, use the Simple Questions Simple Answers thread.

Hi guys, i'm facing some troubles with the stormdrain ability of my gastrodon, it doesnt absorbing water type moves, with this replay you can check. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-159348917
and in others battles my gastrodon was hit by hidro pump and surf.
I checked if the ability was right before every battle because this issue but my gastrodon always take damage.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi guys, i'm facing some troubles with the stormdrain ability of my gastrodon, it doesnt absorbing water type moves, with this replay you can check. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-159348917
and in others battles my gastrodon was hit by hidro pump and surf.
I checked if the ability was right before every battle because this issue but my gastrodon always take damage.
Thanks.
Storm Drain doesn't cause the Pokemon to become immune to water in gen 4, it just makes all water moves used hit the Pokemon with Storm Drain in double battles.

Yup, i dont know if it was reported or not but the "Watch a Battle" menu only showed 100 battles (that's not the problem).

The problem is, if i want to watch some Gen5 OU games, i filter the list to see only Gen5 OU games, and there is a little glitch here, it seems the filter applied to the 100 battles list instead of all the active battles, so "No [Gen 5] OU battles are going on right now." while it's false.

I know the gen5ou ladder is not really active, so i tested to play gen5 ou and look if after 10 or 15 turns, my battle still appears in the list, and it didn't. There was no privateroom (btw there is also a little glitch, we can join privateroom'd battles by the menu "Watch a Battle").

This is pretty annoying because i like to watch games when i'm bored n_n

Zarel

Fake Out failed to flinch Durant in Random Doubles Battle. Butterfree was present and may have Shield Dust that could've negated the flinch. Question is, is Shield Dust supposed to help allies too or just Butterfree alone in Doubles.

Fake Out failed to flinch Durant in Random Doubles Battle. Butterfree was present and may have Shield Dust that could've negated the flinch. Question is, is Shield Dust supposed to help allies too or just Butterfree alone in Doubles.

Shield Dust only applies to Butterfree. However, Hariyama's Sheer Force nullifies the flinch effect.

I found a bug in the "Speed hint".

During the battle with an Absol my opponent mega-evolved it and this "speed hint" didn't change to mega-absol speed (it was still the regular absol stat).

Quick satement, I'm sure there's bigger things coming up down the road, but I can't help but say something. I know it's been addressed, especially with the sudden influx of suicide Azelf, I think the whole Burn + Explosion bug should be fairly high on the list of things to deal with. For the second time in 2 days I've ran into this bug, which could have potentially cost me the game. I just personally think it should be a relatively high priority with how everything is rolling now. But, then again, what do I know.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pretty sure this is incorrect and the Greninja changes to the type of the Hidden Power.

Just searched it up and I am correct.

When using Protean on Pokemon X, if Greninja or Kecleon uses HP then it will change to normal type. But, on Showdown I know that the HP moves take their natural typing so it is also changing the protean type.

Example:

Pokemon X: Greninja's Protean changed its type to normal. Greninja used Hidden Power. It is super effective. Ferrothorn fainted.

Showdown: Greninja's Protean changed its type to fire. Greninja used Hidden Power. It is super effective. Ferrothorn fainted.

it's something that came across my mine playing X, but I recalled to Showdown in the battles I've had. Also, when I checked it on Bulbapedia it too backed me up that hp will change protean's type to normal.
This isn't true, I just used an HP Fire Greninja in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)