Other Let's Make Pokemon a Battle Royale Round 1 STARTERS NEEDED

Approved by zorbees.

Introducing an idea so simple we may as well be ashamed we haven't come up with it yet: a direct FFA Mafia and Pokemon hybrid, name pending.

N players sign up. They choose a Pokemon species, its nature, item, EVs, IVs and 4 of its moves. Each "turn" plays out after all actions are in, starting with the fastest Pokemon, where each player uses one move on another one player and has the option of also swapping one its four moves for another one from the Pokemon's movepool. The number of swaps would probably be limited by M Heart Scales, where M is set (or inversely proportionate to your species's BST, but one step at a time).

This seems like an idea that's only held back by its own "meta". It'd probably have to find its own broken moves, since there are no switches and you can be ganged up on. The only information you have on your opponents is their species - which should be enough to give you a plan straight from the get-go. All the move selections and results are announced in-order, PS-style, as if you were reading a normal battle log, and after every turn you get to see everyone's HP percentage. Swap moves according to what you really need, talk to players to make sure player X is dying and you're not, the works. At least where mafia design is concerned, this idea can't go wrong.

Another ridiculously great perk is that literally anyone on this site can jump in and play.

Wanna test-drive this? So do I. I want to host real-time-mafia-esque versions of this on #pokeroyale. 6 players, 3 heart scales, I'm thinking. Come visit, or discuss the idea here, or suggest a name for this thing. I'll put a tentative date for an RTM on September 4, 9:00 PM GMT, a day and 15 hours from now. You could easily organize these on your own, too, though hosting it requires some serious attention to detail, I guess.

• Endless Battle Clause: I think it's best not to have PP with the complications and the move swapping you'd have anyway, so maybe... after five turns with only two opponents alive, the one with the most HP wins?
  • Evasion Clause: No exploiting moves that affect evasion / accuracy. Especially crucial since you can't switch out.
  • Moody Clause: Yep, Moody still sounds like a horrible idea. Even if it's contained by having everyone gang up on the Moody user, having random stat boosts is just... random and dumb.
  • OHKO Clause: Yep.
  • Sleep Clause: NO sleep incuding moves, at all. Rest is fine. Sleep induced in other ways (like Effect Spore), off the top of my head, doesn't sound like something we should bother banning.
  • Freeze, Badly Poisoned & Infatuation Clause: These effects are too harmful and we can act like they plain stopped existing. Toxic can cause normal poisoning. Alternatively, we can make badly poisoned cap at something like 25%.
  • Ubers & Megas Clause: These guys are too strong.

Last edited:

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I'm guessing Intimidate would target 1 random opponent at the beginning? Have you considered allowing more than 4 moves?

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
-A good place to start would be to ban Ubers and Megas. Since you're using one Pokemon, there's no reason not to use a Mega. It'd get boring fast.

-Evasion clause stays because evasion sucks. The no-brainer clauses should all stay. Sleep clause is an interesting case because it'd be a little harder to keep track of who put who to sleep - maybe only 1 player can be put to sleep at a time, or (1/6)*N, or something. I think Sleep moves should probably be banned, but idk. They incapacitate the other player, but aside from Spore, they can miss, and they prevent you from doing damage, so others could gang up on you. You didn't mention OHKOs, which should obviously stay banned.

-Species clause sounds like a good idea to avoid mirror matches. If two people pick the same species, the first one to choose it gets precedence and the other one is told to make another choice.

I think this is unnecessary. I honestly don't think mirror matches are very problematic.

-Leftovers clause? There's little reason not to go with Leftovers always, probably. If it gets popular enough, banning it will open the door for much more interesting things. I think Leftovers is probably going to be very common but I don't see any reason to ban it, it is in no way overpowered, I wouldn't think.

-Leech Seed sounds like it'd be a big bitch.

I think you are overestimating how defensive the meta will be. Leech seed only heals you 12.5% of the opponent's HP, while you can easily take a lot of damage from multiple attacks in one turn.

-Most moves would be "reprogrammed" to target the one targeted player, but moves like Sunny Day and automatic weather will have to affect the entire field. Weather isn't the problem - I figure stuff like Trick Room would be sketchy. Agreed on making everything single target. I don't think Trick Room is a huge issue because Speed is less of an issue when you can get ganged up on after moving.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Does everyone see what pokemon everyone else chose right from the get-go? If so, it seems like this would mostly be based around random chance rather than typical information gathering. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing as it would make this more accessible, just the result probably wouldn't be based so much on good play as on getting lucky.

Also, I think the move Protect should be banned. It will draw this game out quite a bit if there's a few people looking to just hide and wait for everyone else to off each other...additionally, this might be more interesting if you forced people to pick a specific element and then like any two elemental types could win (ie introducing some element of beneficial cooperation amongst players).

I agree with zorbees that mirror matchups aren't really a problem...I AM a little concerned that much of the game will revolve around stalling and that taking an offensive setup will be terrible in the long run if this is simply a last-man-standing competition.

Sleep should probably be banned because it takes a player completely out of the game, and I do think that Leech Seed should probably be banned because I do think hitting someone with it is basically a death sentence without any means to get rid of it or unless you happened to bring healing; Toxic should probably be banned for similar reasons.

Pidge: Since Intimidate would only work once, it sounds fair to make it lower everyone's attack, not just one.

As for the moveslots, I don't think I like having access to all of your moves. I mean, what's the point of getting other people's help when you can pick a bizarre coverage move you wouldn't usually have to do the same thing?

zorbees: You could probably work around sleep with Sleep Talk but yeah, sleep inducing moves (Spore, Sleep Powder etc.) are strong. IDK, if everyone agrees, sure, they'll be banned. Leftovers won't be banned. When I said Leech Seed I meant on multiple different players but I guess it'd take a while to set up. And sure, no species clause for now.

Trick Room and other similar things are different because you can't make them go away the way you can change weather... I think? I guess Trick Room in particular wouldn't be so bad. I just don't remember if there are other things like it that aren't completely useless.

UncleSam: How would you gather information? Knowing who you're up against gets you right into the game. Hell, if you don't know who you're up against you're just gonna be targeting people randomly, doing horrible things to your opponents on accident. I thought of Protect, and it isn't so bad - once you've used it you're open to attack since 50% chance and a wasted turn sucks.

I think knowing who the other Pokemon are solves the other two problems too - you know who you're weak against and strong against, so naturally you'll be looked upon to target the ones you're weak against and you yourself will urge others to target people who threaten you. If you're taking a defensive setup, it might be obvious and then you risk being annihilated by the offensive-minded guys. And everyone else.

Leech Seed stops if you kill the seeder. Toxic is a problem. I know plenty of Pokemon got Refresh from... Colosseum? Lemme check that. EDIT: Yeah, no, not "plenty" at all, and you'd be helpless against Taunt anyway. I don't know, the badly poisoned status should be removed, and so should Curse and things like that? It depends on how fast the pace of the game is, really.

Last edited:
Protect is amazing in this. It practically guarantees you live until next turn while everyone who doesn't Protect risks taking damage. However, once you've used it, people are likely to gang up on you since you're unlikely to Protect again.

Intimidate seems absolutely ridiculous if you let it hit everyone. It makes picking a physical attacker so risky cause you could just get Intimidated like 4 times (unless you cap it at one Intimidate working total)

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ya Protect is great but also stalls the game, thus why I think it should be banned...

Intimidate should probably hit whoever you decide to attack on the first turn...though, frankly, stack dropping moves are probably going to be ridiculously overpowered in this.

Imagine if some Charm Blissey manages to hit all three enemy physical attackers in the game and then Softboils back up whatever damage it took. Suddenly barring a critical hit it might take literally the entire rest of the game to take it down...honestly, giving all pokemon a passive Clear Body passive might be best.

Hmm, Protect/Detect will be used by like half the players every round, thinking about it. Yeah, let's ban those, or at least limit their use to once per five turns or something.

I updated the OP with clauses.

Removing stat drops sounds a bit extreme. Like it'd cause some imbalance. We could lower the stat ranges from -6,+6 to -3,+3. Or find a better idea than the one I just spontaneously came up with.

UncleSam

Leading this village
The problem with stat drops is that they are permanent; if you hit someone who can only attack on one attacking spectrum with a -2, it effectively removes them from the game. It will basically necessitate people picking hybrid damage pokemon lest one random Charm removes any chance of people winning.

Also I think that Paralysis should be predictable; ie, second turn after getting Paralyzed that person is Fully Paralyzed, then four turns after that, etc.

Confusion might be OP due to people not being able to drop it via switching...setting timer on how long it lasts and when people target themselves would help, but I do feel it would be pretty overpowered regardless.

If you *think* something might be too good you should probably leave it in and try it out. If you're sure it's going to be ridiculous (Intimidating everyone), then you need to fix it.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I agree, why ban anything the first go around. If it's fun and we play this again, then we'll have a pretty good idea of what people are abusing. This includes sleep, toxic, protect, etc. Frankly, I'd apply this to OHKO and evasion as well. Why play by the normal rules of pokemon, and why all these attempts at eliminating random chance from what is going to be a clusterfuck no matter what?

If anything targets multiple people, you should cap it maybe at two targets.

I agree with intimidate affecting the first person who you target.

Trick Room is pretty questionable but I'd still file it under "we'll see how it works if anyone uses it".

You really want stuff like OHKO moves and evasion? I figured we could start off by playing Pokemon normally with minor tweaks. We could try Chaos Mode if that's what people want, otherwise OHKO, Evasion & Ubers should stay at the very least.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh I think at the very least ubers need to be banned, probably not the same ubers that are banned in OU, but it's the only baseline we have.

I don't see OHKOs or Evasion as a big deal in this format. They aren't especially good with so many people, and if you think they are uncompetitive well you can probably kiss any hope of this format being competitive goodbye anyway.

I'm new, so I might not have a full understanding of how this translates into a forum game, but i have done something similar to this with my friends before. The issues brought up were fixed like this:
Multi-Target Moves:
These were capped at 2 targets, so that moves like Heat Wave still had a good niche, but were not overpowered.
Protect/Detect/King's Shield/etc.
We made it so that it only prevented the first attack, but all other attacks would have normal effects.
Stat Boosting/Dropping
We had a stat decay system, where every turn your stat was not altered it would move closer to 0 by 1.

These are just some suggestions, take them with a grain of salt. Additionally, I found that the most sucessful Pokemon were either complete Glass Cannons like Garchomp, or complete stall Pokemon like Gliscor. Bulky Offense was not a good strategy, but our mechanics were slightly different.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I agree with vonFiedler's philosophy. Protect/Detect seems fine. It can help you scout for backstabs and let you respond appropriately. Substitute will be another good move and turn a lot of 2-3HKOs on you into 3-4HKOs (I'm not saying ban it). Other people mentioned this sort of already, but Intimidate targeting everyone would really discourage the use of physical attackers, which would be like 1/3 of the Pokemon. Toxic and Confusion are nothing compared to being teamed up on and KOd.

Perish Song might be a legit problem though.

[02:31] <Aura_Guardian> so, we gonna just go with 5, then?
01[02:31] <~Blue_Tornado> i say go with 5
01[02:31] <~Blue_Tornado> it might take long
01[02:31] <~Blue_Tornado> and idk if 3 heart scales or lower but let's go with 3?
[02:32] <Aura_Guardian> sure
03[02:32] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 1: 0/5 actions'
01[02:32] <~Blue_Tornado> wait
01[02:32] <~Blue_Tornado> aura_guardian: chansey
[02:32] <GeneralSpoon> you need to public who's what mon
01[02:32] <~Blue_Tornado> generalspoon: suicune
[02:32] <zorbees> aura guardian i'll wreck you
01[02:32] <~Blue_Tornado> penguin: aron
[02:32] <Aura_Guardian> why, zorbees?
01[02:32] <~Blue_Tornado> zorbees: conkeldurr
[02:32] <zorbees> youll see my mon
[02:32] <GeneralSpoon> FUUUUUUUUUU good choice penguin
01[02:33] <~Blue_Tornado> pidge: bronzong
[02:33] <penguin344> lol
[02:33] <GeneralSpoon> bronzong?
[02:33] <GeneralSpoon> does it have a FEAR set as well?
[02:33] <pidge> omg you guys picked these
[02:33] <GeneralSpoon> and sturdy?
[02:33] <zorbees> no iirc
[02:33] <penguin344> idk
[02:33] <pidge> is aron level 1?
[02:33] <penguin344> i guess you will find out
[02:33] <Aura_Guardian> is outside contact allowed?
[02:33] <zorbees> all we have to do is double team aron and he loses
01[02:33] <~Blue_Tornado> outside contact obviously yeah
01[02:33] <~Blue_Tornado> huh, should i reveal levels?
[02:33] <penguin344> you can't work with zorbees
[02:33] <penguin344> he wins
[02:34] <penguin344> he takes out chansey and bronzong
03[02:34] * Ranger97 (~cgiirc@synIRC-7D31B5D1.wayzata.k12.mn.us) has joined #pokeroyale
[02:34] <zorbees> bronzong can psychic me
[02:34] <zorbees> lol
[02:34] <GeneralSpoon> too slow we started
[02:34] <GeneralSpoon> have a seat though
[02:34] <penguin344> it's bronzong
[02:34] <GeneralSpoon> and watch
[02:34] <pidge> pokemon's levels are shown in game
01[02:34] <~Blue_Tornado> yeah i think i'll reveal levels
[02:34] <zorbees> who was the suicune, spoon?
01[02:34] <~Blue_Tornado> h/o
[02:34] <GeneralSpoon> 100
[02:34] <penguin344> i think it's pretty obvious
03[02:34] * StarmanXL (~None@synIRC-1E4AAF72.hsd1.in.comcast.net) has joined #pokeroyale
[02:34] <penguin344> what level i am
01[02:34] <~Blue_Tornado> everyone is 100 but penguin who is 1
01[02:35] <~Blue_Tornado> i'm thinking of putting this information
[02:35] <StarmanXL> GS told me I could join for a fun time. I'm assuming that that means someone here advertised being easy.
02[02:35] * Ullar (Mibbit@synIRC-6EE6573D.hsd1.ms.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
01[02:35] <~Blue_Tornado> where it's easily accessible
01[02:35] <~Blue_Tornado> ideas?
[02:35] <GeneralSpoon> googledoc
03[02:35] * Alea (agape@synIRC-307D7AD3.kapsi.fi) has joined #pokeroyale
[02:35] <pidge> pastebin
[02:36] <GeneralSpoon> googledoc
[02:36] <Aura_Guardian> gdock
[02:36] <Aura_Guardian> *gdoc
01[02:36] <~Blue_Tornado> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit?usp=sharing
01[02:36] <~Blue_Tornado> such blank
02[02:36] * Ranger97 (~cgiirc@synIRC-7D31B5D1.wayzata.k12.mn.us) Quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by Ranger98))
03[02:36] * Ranger97 (Mibbit@synIRC-B86C8776.hsd1.mn.comcast.net) has joined #pokeroyale
03[02:38] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 1: 3/5 actions'
03[02:38] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 1: 3/5 actions | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
03[02:39] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 1: 5/5 actions, processing | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
[02:39] <zorbees> Blue_Tornado if you attack a guy who is already dead is that basically a wasted turn
01[02:39] <~Blue_Tornado> yes
[02:39] <zorbees> ok
[02:42] <pidge> no, you acquire +1 in all stats and learn a new move
[02:42] <GeneralSpoon> 5th move
[02:44] <zorbees> nah i asked because
[02:44] <zorbees> in doubles if you target a dead mon it gets redirected to the other mon
[02:44] <GeneralSpoon> if there's no target in doubles
[02:44] <GeneralSpoon> you still self-destruct
[02:45] <GeneralSpoon> right?
[02:45] <zorbees> i think so idk
[02:45] <pidge> :^)
[02:45] <penguin344> let's say yes
[02:45] <zorbees> lol pidge did you blow yourself up
[02:45] <GeneralSpoon> oh BRONZONG
[02:45] <GeneralSpoon> I was reading it as Bronzor this whole time
[02:45] <GeneralSpoon> 9.9
[02:46] <pidge> lets just say this turn will be...explosive
[02:46] <Aura_Guardian> ...
[02:46] <zorbees> u troll
[02:46] <Aura_Guardian> And I was *joking* when I found out I wasn't able to explode everyone
[02:46] <Aura_Guardian> er, since, not when
01[02:48] <~Blue_Tornado> ok
[02:48] <GeneralSpoon> ETA on processing completion?
01[02:48] <~Blue_Tornado> Suicune uses Calm Mind. It works.
01[02:48] <~Blue_Tornado> Chansey uses Seismic Toss on Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr has 71% left.
01[02:48] <~Blue_Tornado> Conkeldurr uses Drain Punch on Aron. Aron survives with 8% because of Sturdy.
01[02:48] <~Blue_Tornado> oh conk heals here
01[02:48] <~Blue_Tornado> i'll factor this in a bit
[02:48] <GeneralSpoon> 8%?
01[02:48] <~Blue_Tornado> Bronzong uses Substitute and is down to 75%.
[02:48] <GeneralSpoon> ah
[02:48] <GeneralSpoon> 1 hp is 8%
01[02:48] <~Blue_Tornado> Aron uses Endeavor on Suicune. Suicune survives with 1%. Aron is back to 100% thanks to its Shell Bell.
01[02:48] <~Blue_Tornado> Suicune and Bronzong heal with Leftovers. Suicune is at 6% and Bronzong at 81%.
[02:48] <GeneralSpoon> FUUUUUUUUUU
01[02:49] <~Blue_Tornado> now lemme calc drain punch
01[02:49] <~Blue_Tornado> well it's aron
01[02:49] <~Blue_Tornado> let's say 1% back
01[02:49] <~Blue_Tornado> Conkeldurr is at 72%
[02:49] <pidge> if he did like 11 damage
[02:49] <pidge> he gets back 5
[02:49] <Aura_Guardian> it's aron's (hp-1)/2
01[02:49] <~Blue_Tornado> yeah i'm actually not being accurate here
[02:49] <pidge> i think pokemon always rounds down in calcs
01[02:49] <~Blue_Tornado> like exact hit point
[02:49] <zorbees> its 1 hp
[02:49] <zorbees> lol
[02:49] <zorbees> oh i didnt do 1 dmg nvm
[02:50] <imperfectluck> reminds me of when I used lvl 1 Aron on my stall team
[02:50] <imperfectluck> great with SS and Toxic Spikes <3
[02:50] <penguin344> yeah
[02:50] <penguin344> if this was doubles
[02:50] <penguin344> you bet i'd be running tyranitar
[02:50] <pidge> ipl do you still play pokemon
[02:50] <imperfectluck> nope
[02:50] <GeneralSpoon> hey Blue_Tornado
[02:50] <GeneralSpoon> I heal from leftovers
[02:50] <GeneralSpoon> 6%
[02:51] <Aura_Guardian> [19:50:06] <~Blue_Tornado> Suicune and Bronzong heal with Leftovers. Suicune is at 6% and Bronzong at 81%.
[02:51] <GeneralSpoon> oh
[02:51] <GeneralSpoon> k
[02:51] <Aura_Guardian> you were at 1 hp before
[02:51] <Aura_Guardian> lol
01[02:51] <~Blue_Tornado> this wasn't even a hard round because i could do stuff like endeavor without calcs
01[02:51] <~Blue_Tornado> sigh
[02:51] <zorbees> and seismic toss
01[02:51] <~Blue_Tornado> and seismic toss
[02:51] <pidge> and seismic toss
[02:51] <GeneralSpoon> I wonder if a script could be written to help you in this
01[02:52] <~Blue_Tornado> it's time to migrate to pokemon showdown
[02:52] <pidge> dont they actually have this on s howdown?
[02:52] <penguin344> they do?
[02:52] <zorbees> battle royale? idts
[02:52] <GeneralSpoon> I have never used pokemon showdown before
[02:52] <pidge> lol maybe i should have mentioned this before
[02:52] <GeneralSpoon> I assume this would be a problem
[02:52] <pidge> let me look it up
01[02:52] <~Blue_Tornado> how would they implement this
[02:52] <zorbees> they have 1v1s
[02:52] <zorbees> but not 1v1v1v1v1v1
[02:53] <GeneralSpoon> ;_;
[02:54] <GeneralSpoon> 1% + 6& = 6%?
01[02:54] <~Blue_Tornado> it works out
01[02:54] <~Blue_Tornado> calc actually shows 0%
01[02:54] <~Blue_Tornado> when you're down to 1hp
01[02:54] <~Blue_Tornado> like that
[02:54] <GeneralSpoon> 9.9
01[02:54] <~Blue_Tornado> i should be accurate with hp but i'm not ~.~
03[02:57] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 2: 4/5 actions | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
[02:58] <zorbees> anonymous wombat
[02:58] <zorbees> bye anonymous wombat
[02:58] <zorbees> who is the slacker here
[02:58] <GeneralSpoon> yeah call them out
[02:59] <GeneralSpoon> so we can ridicule them
03[02:59] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 2: 5/5 actions, processing | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
01[02:59] <~Blue_Tornado> it was i
01[02:59] <~Blue_Tornado> forgot to update the topic
[02:59] <zorbees> lol
01[03:00] <~Blue_Tornado> someone remind me how sleep mechanics work this gen
01[03:00] <~Blue_Tornado> while i update
[03:00] <zorbees> rest is 3 turns
[03:00] <Aura_Guardian> wait, 3?
[03:00] <GeneralSpoon> what no its 2 turns
[03:00] <zorbees> 2 asleep
[03:00] <zorbees> i mean
[03:00] <zorbees> the 3rd you wake up
[03:00] <Aura_Guardian> ah
[03:00] <pidge> you use rest, then sleep, then sleep, then attack
01[03:00] <~Blue_Tornado> Suicune uses Rest and is restored to 100%, asleep.
01[03:00] <~Blue_Tornado> Chansey uses Protect.
01[03:00] <~Blue_Tornado> Conkeldurr uses Drain Punch on Bronzong. It breaks the substitute.
[03:01] <Aura_Guardian> Protect comes before other moves
[03:01] <zorbees> gimme my hp
01[03:01] <~Blue_Tornado> (does this heal?)
[03:01] <zorbees> yea
01[03:01] <~Blue_Tornado> Bronzong uses Flash Cannon on Aron. Aron is down to 8%.
01[03:01] <~Blue_Tornado> yeah sorry ag
01[03:01] <~Blue_Tornado> doesn't matter
01[03:01] <~Blue_Tornado> Aron uses Endeavor on Bronzong. Bronzong is down to 1%. Aron is back to 100% from Shell Bell.
01[03:01] <~Blue_Tornado> Bronzong recovers from Leftovers and is at 6%
[03:01] <Aura_Guardian> If Drain Punch breaks a substitute, no HP will be restored to the user. If HP is restored to the user when its current HP is greater than its maximum HP, its current HP will be set equal to its maximum HP.
03[03:01] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 3, 0/5 actions | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
[03:01] <zorbees> oh my bad
[03:01] <pidge> -.-
[03:02] <pidge> excuse me did you roll for the sp def drop from flash cannon
[03:02] <zorbees> lol
01[03:02] <~Blue_Tornado> lol
01[03:02] <~Blue_Tornado> umm
[03:02] <zorbees> 1d100
[03:02] <Alea> zorbees, 1d100: 22 [1d100=22]
01[03:02] <~Blue_Tornado> can i pass
[03:02] <zorbees> it drops
[03:02] <zorbees> er
[03:02] <zorbees> it doesnt
[03:02] <zorbees> <20 would drop it
[03:03] <zorbees> or >80
[03:03] <penguin344> not my spd stat
[03:03] <zorbees> i think its 20%
[03:03] <zorbees> idk
[03:03] <penguin344> what would i do
[03:03] <zorbees> lol
[03:03] <zorbees> it dpesnt matter anyways
[03:03] <zorbees> penguin is level 1
01[03:03] <~Blue_Tornado> yeah
01[03:03] <~Blue_Tornado> remember that you may -think about actions-
[03:03] <pidge> it could matter if someone uses psych up!
01[03:03] <~Blue_Tornado> and -talk- and -use heart scales-
[03:04] <imperfectluck> hmm personally I think this would be more interesting if it was noc
[03:04] <imperfectluck> but that's just my opinion
01[03:04] <~Blue_Tornado> you would probably have time for all this stuff if it was in a thread
01[03:04] <~Blue_Tornado> noc or not
[03:04] <zorbees> oc is better because you can strategize
[03:08] <pidge> guys im using protect
[03:08] <pidge> so dont even think about finishing me off
[03:09] <pidge> according to pokemon ranger: guardian signs...... It attacks by making iron balls fall.
[03:09] <Aura_Guardian> I prefer brass
[03:09] <Aura_Guardian> those characters are muc hmore believable
[03:09] <Aura_Guardian> *much more
[03:12] <zorbees> B_T are we waiting on someone?
01[03:13] <~Blue_Tornado> one
03[03:13] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 3, 5/5 actions, processing | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
[03:15] <zorbees> B_T do you need to roll for sleep talk?
01[03:15] <~Blue_Tornado> i've rolled
[03:15] <zorbees> ok
01[03:15] <~Blue_Tornado> Suicune used Sleep Talk. Suicune used Rest. It did nothing.
01[03:15] <~Blue_Tornado> Chansey used Seismic Toss on Bronzong. Bronzong fainted! Pidge is out.
01[03:15] <~Blue_Tornado> Conkeldurr uses Knock Off on Aron. Aron is left at 8% and drops the Shell Bell.
01[03:15] <~Blue_Tornado> Bronzong: x_x
[03:15] <penguin344> gdi zorbees
01[03:15] <~Blue_Tornado> Aron uses Endeavor on Suicune. Suicune is left with 1%.
[03:15] <penguin344> i trusted you
01[03:15] <~Blue_Tornado> Leftovers brings Suicune back to 6%. Suicune is still sleeping.
[03:15] <zorbees> sorry penguin
[03:15] <penguin344> :(
03[03:15] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 4: 0/4 actions | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
[03:16] <pidge> am i allowed to dead talk
[03:17] <GeneralSpoon> I can sleep talk
[03:17] <GeneralSpoon> that's CLOSE
01[03:17] <~Blue_Tornado> what would deadtalking even do here
01[03:17] <~Blue_Tornado> at least in this game i think it'd do nothing
[03:17] <pidge> nothing
[03:17] <pidge> maybe reveal alliances or something
01[03:17] <~Blue_Tornado> i mean in -this- game
01[03:18] <~Blue_Tornado> and let me just say
01[03:18] <~Blue_Tornado> thank god for this aron
[03:18] <pidge> yeah
[03:18] <pidge> everyone picked defensive boosting mons i think
[03:18] <penguin344> i almost ran nidoking
[03:18] <Aura_Guardian> I don't have boosting
[03:19] <imperfectluck> I would have picked Gengar
[03:19] <imperfectluck> had I joined
[03:19] <imperfectluck> @_@
[03:19] <pidge> i have an idea for next time
[03:19] <zorbees> gengar is boss
[03:19] <zorbees> ghost typing is p good and it has insane movepool
[03:19] <zorbees> but idk how it'd work
[03:19] <zorbees> i pictured a more offensive meta
[03:20] <pidge> i think people will want to sit back and boost, and make others attack
01[03:20] <~Blue_Tornado> i did not have to do one damage calc all game so far
[03:20] <pidge> unless a couple of people from the start agree to go full offense
03[03:21] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 4: 4/4 actions, processing | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
[03:21] <pidge> on everyone else
[03:21] <penguin344> we need to run a doubles ffa
[03:22] <penguin344> so i can make the fearon a possibility
01[03:26] <~Blue_Tornado> Suicune used Sleep Talk. Suicune used Scald. On... Chansey. Chansey took 8% damage and is sitting at 92%. No burn.
01[03:26] <~Blue_Tornado> Chansey used Hail. It started hailing.
01[03:26] <~Blue_Tornado> Conkeldurr used Drain Punch on Aron. Aron fainted and penguin is out. Conkeldurr is at 82%. (1hp strong)
01[03:26] <~Blue_Tornado> Aron: x_x
01[03:26] <~Blue_Tornado> The hail does 6% to Suicune and Leftovers heals 6%. Suicune is at 6%. (this doesn't kill because it's basically at 6% +1hp)
01[03:26] <~Blue_Tornado> The hail does 6% to Chansey and Conkeldurr. Chansey is at 86% and Conkeldurr at 76%.
[03:26] <penguin344> what
[03:26] <penguin344> hail chansey
[03:27] <penguin344> when did this become a thing
[03:27] <Aura_Guardian> heart scale
[03:27] <zorbees> B_T did you give me back my 1 hp
03[03:27] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 5: 0/3, processing | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
[03:27] <Aura_Guardian> it became a think when I wanted a way to 100% guarantee a ko on you
[03:27] <zorbees> that i drained from aron
01[03:27] <~Blue_Tornado> yes
[03:27] <zorbees> k
[03:27] <imperfectluck> or you could have seismic tossed
[03:27] <imperfectluck> ~_~
[03:27] <zorbees> ipl he told me his master plan
[03:27] <zorbees> he wanted me to kill cune
[03:27] <zorbees> aron to endeavor me
[03:27] <Aura_Guardian> IPL, I finalized that
[03:27] <penguin344> lol
[03:27] <zorbees> then me and aron to both die to hail
[03:27] <Aura_Guardian> before zorbs refused to budge
[03:27] <penguin344> why did you need to take me out
[03:28] <penguin344> without shell bell i'm garbage
[03:28] <Aura_Guardian> I replaced it before you lost the bell
[03:28] <penguin344> 1v1 i lose agaisnt anyone without it
[03:28] <penguin344> why did you use it this turn then
[03:28] <Aura_Guardian> because my master plan
[03:28] <Aura_Guardian> zorbs would have killed GS
[03:28] <Aura_Guardian> and then Hail would have taken you both down
[03:28] <Aura_Guardian> after you endeavored conk
[03:28] <GeneralSpoon> so
[03:28] <GeneralSpoon> I wake up this turn right BT?
01[03:29] <~Blue_Tornado> yes
[03:30] <zorbees> not necessarily :D
[03:30] <Aura_Guardian> hehehehe
[03:30] <GeneralSpoon> BT can you update the gdco with fainted aron?
03[03:30] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 5: 3/3, processing | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
01[03:30] <~Blue_Tornado> sigh
01[03:30] <~Blue_Tornado> i was processing before too, apparently
01[03:30] <~Blue_Tornado> but h/o
01[03:32] <~Blue_Tornado> i want to fix something
01[03:32] <~Blue_Tornado> suicune did not do 8% to chansey
01[03:32] <~Blue_Tornado> it did 11%
01[03:32] <~Blue_Tornado> so chansey is at.. 83%
01[03:32] <~Blue_Tornado> (i forgot the cm boost)
[03:36] <Aura_Guardian> are we waiting on anyone?
[03:36] <Aura_Guardian> or on calcs?
01[03:36] <~Blue_Tornado> Conkeldurr used Mach Punch on Suicune. Suicune fainted. GeneralSpoon is out.
01[03:36] <~Blue_Tornado> Suicune: x_x
01[03:36] <~Blue_Tornado> Chansey used Seismic Toss on Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr is left at 47%.
01[03:36] <~Blue_Tornado> Hail is still in effect. Chansey is down to 76% and Conkeldurr to 40%.
01[03:36] <~Blue_Tornado> how much hail was this btw
[03:36] <zorbees> 2
01[03:36] <~Blue_Tornado> how many turns
[03:36] <Aura_Guardian> turn 2
[03:36] <Aura_Guardian> of 5
03[03:36] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 6: 2/2 | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
[03:37] <zorbees> itc: aura guardian reveals he isnt holding icy rock
03[03:37] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 6: 0/2 | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
01[03:37] <~Blue_Tornado> lol
[03:37] <Aura_Guardian> Eviolite
[03:37] <Aura_Guardian> so nice
[03:37] <zorbees> no shit
[03:37] <Aura_Guardian> max+ defense and HP at +1
[03:37] <Aura_Guardian> er, max+ defense at +1 and max hp
[03:37] <Aura_Guardian> time for me to pray
[03:37] <penguin344> you're gonna be so surprised when to go to attack
[03:37] <penguin344> and he has rocky helmet
[03:37] <zorbees> lol
[03:38] <UncleSam> isnt this over
[03:38] <UncleSam> lol
03[03:39] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 6: 2/2 processing | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
[03:39] <imperfectluck> unclesam go sign up for AG's mafia so it can start ~_~
01[03:39] <~Blue_Tornado> Chansey used Protect. Cokeldurr tried using Drain Punch but failed. Hail lowers Chansey to 70% and Conkeldurr to 34%.
[03:39] <penguin344> we need a script for this
03[03:39] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 7: 0/2 actions | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
[03:40] <GeneralSpoon> oh shit
[03:40] <GeneralSpoon> hy didn't you
[03:40] <GeneralSpoon> hl me
[03:40] <GeneralSpoon> oh
[03:40] <GeneralSpoon> I got mach punched
[03:40] <GeneralSpoon> nevermind
[03:40] <GeneralSpoon> gg
[03:41] <Aura_Guardian> from the RNG, dear lord, preserve us
03[03:41] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'turn 7: 2/2, live processing | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
01[03:41] <~Blue_Tornado> let's do it
01[03:41] <~Blue_Tornado> Chansey tries Protect.
[03:41] <Aura_Guardian> 1-50 = works
01[03:41] <~Blue_Tornado> roll?
[03:41] <Aura_Guardian> 1d100 need 1-50
[03:41] <Alea> Aura_Guardian, need 1-50: 87 [1d100=87]
[03:41] <Aura_Guardian> NOOOOOOOOO
01[03:41] <~Blue_Tornado> Conkeldurr uses Drain Punch.
01[03:41] <~Blue_Tornado> h/o
[03:41] <Aura_Guardian> gg
[03:41] <Aura_Guardian> oh?
[03:41] <imperfectluck> you should have just used Counter
[03:41] <imperfectluck> when you were at 76%
[03:41] <imperfectluck> ~_~
[03:41] <Aura_Guardian> I didn't HAVE counter
[03:42] <imperfectluck> heart scale?
[03:42] <Aura_Guardian> 1-turn delay
[03:42] <imperfectluck> o
[03:42] <imperfectluck> but what about this turn
[03:42] <imperfectluck> still no counter? o.O
[03:42] <Aura_Guardian> didn't think I could live it
01[03:42] <~Blue_Tornado> Chansey lives with 10%.
[03:42] <zorbees> yeah ipl i was afraid of counter all game
01[03:42] <~Blue_Tornado> Now to calc the absorb...
[03:42] <zorbees> so i packed in focus punch
[03:42] <Aura_Guardian> don't bother; I forfeit
01[03:42] <~Blue_Tornado> lol
01[03:42] <~Blue_Tornado> k
[03:42] <Aura_Guardian> this is over
01[03:42] <~Blue_Tornado> grats zorbs
[03:42] <imperfectluck> ya shoulda just countered
[03:42] <Aura_Guardian> I didn't HAVE counter
[03:42] <UncleSam> is heart scale
[03:42] <UncleSam> on a delay
[03:42] <Aura_Guardian> shoulda had it, sure...
[03:42] <UncleSam> or no
[03:42] <Aura_Guardian> yes, it is
[03:42] <pidge> why didnt you think x turns ahead
[03:42] <pidge> shame!
[03:43] <imperfectluck> protect -> learn counter
03[03:43] * Blue_Tornado changes topic to 'game over, conkeldurr zorbees wins | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v8hC2PiUO2V-u1ud49FkS9PVINyj5x7ADlK69ZMnJEk/edit'
[03:43] <imperfectluck> -> counter
[03:43] <UncleSam> so then heart scale for counter the turn you protect?
[03:43] <imperfectluck> ya
[03:43] <UncleSam> then mind game with focus punch
[03:43] <UncleSam> i guess
[03:43] <Aura_Guardian> gg
[03:43] <Aura_Guardian> well played
[03:43] <zorbees> i only drain punched because i thought he wasnt smart enough to think of counter
[03:43] <imperfectluck> .
[03:43] <zorbees> if i thought he would counter i'd have focus pumched
[03:43] <UncleSam> it didnt matter that turn
[03:43] <UncleSam> regardless
[03:43] <zorbees> and it'd come to a mindgame
[03:43] <UncleSam> cause he couldnt have counter
[03:43] <UncleSam> cause of the one turn delay
[03:44] <zorbees> i mean he couldve put it in
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> ag had a heart scale left, anyway
03[03:44] * Aura_Guardian (~Aura_Guar@investigating.bushes.ignoring.footsteps) has left #pokeroyale (good game)
[03:44] <zorbees> unclesam he protected, he couldve put it in that turn
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Aura_Guardian
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Chansey @ Eviolite | Serene Grace
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD | Bold
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Softboiled / Protect / Seismic Toss / Flamethrower
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> 704/704
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Flamethrower -> Hail
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Hail -> Toxic
[03:44] <zorbees> but i didnt think he was smart enough
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> GeneralSpoon
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Suicune @ Leftovers | Pressure
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA | Bold
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Calm Mind / Scald / Rest / Sleep Talk
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> 404/404
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Penguin344
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Aron @ Shell Bell | Sturdy (lv1)
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> 252 SpA / 252 Spe | Timid
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Endeavor / Protect / Toxic / Hidden Power Rock
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> 12/12
[03:44] <GeneralSpoon> fuck aron
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> zorbees
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Conekdurr @ Assault Vest | Guts
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe | Adamant
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Drain Punch / Mach Punch / Knock Off / Ice Punch
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> 351/351
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Ice Punch -> Thunderpunch
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Mach Punch -> Focus Punch
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Thunderpunch -> Mach Punch
[03:44] <GeneralSpoon> would've won w/out it imo
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> pidge
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Bronzong @ Leftovers | Heatproof
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 SpD | Calm | 0 Atk
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Iron Defense / Calm Mind / Flash Cannon / Substitute
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> 338/338
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> Substitute -> Rest
01[03:44] <~Blue_Tornado> that's all folks
[03:44] <zorbees> generalspoon it depends
[03:45] <zorbees> if you burn me with scald i can kill you
[03:45] <zorbees> but yeah aron helped out big there
01[03:45] <~Blue_Tornado> so this was very pokemon and not so mafia
[03:45] <imperfectluck> Heatproof wat
[03:45] <imperfectluck> OP
[03:46] <zorbees> now i gtg afk
01[03:46] <~Blue_Tornado> there definitely needs to be a better way to set this up
01[03:46] <~Blue_Tornado> this was a very easy game to host and it was still really confusing
01[03:47] <~Blue_Tornado> i had... a notepad, the google doc
01[03:47] <~Blue_Tornado> lots of calcs open
[03:47] <imperfectluck> did B_T calc crit chance at all
[03:47] <imperfectluck> for everyone
[03:47] <imperfectluck> xD
01[03:47] <~Blue_Tornado> lol
[03:47] <pidge> you werent keeping track of exact hp right
01[03:47] <~Blue_Tornado> you bet no
01[03:47] <~Blue_Tornado> nope
01[03:47] <~Blue_Tornado> i was like "okay 6%"
01[03:47] <~Blue_Tornado> "i have done 6% plenty, time for 7%"
01[03:48] <~Blue_Tornado> the only time i dealed with hp was when it was convenient
01[03:48] <~Blue_Tornado> aron and seismic toss
01[03:48] <~Blue_Tornado> i should have done it all hp
01[03:48] <~Blue_Tornado> and then turned to %
[03:50] <penguin344> i do think aron isn't as good as I thought it would be
[03:50] <penguin344> mainly because i forgot about heart scales
[03:50] <imperfectluck> you have no way to kill them
01[03:50] <~Blue_Tornado> so what i said about complications... applies to this rtm format
01[03:50] <~Blue_Tornado> it'd be waaaay easier in a thread
[03:50] <imperfectluck> cause of no time to toxic
[03:51] <imperfectluck> and no sandstorm etc.
[03:51] <penguin344> i had hp rock
[03:51] <penguin344> if I got to a 1v1 situation with full hp i won
01[03:51] <~Blue_Tornado> penguin with the timid 252/252 hp rock aron
[03:51] <imperfectluck> should have been water pulse
[03:51] <imperfectluck> ~
[03:51] <penguin344> otherwise i lost
[03:51] <penguin344> obviously i should have ran modest
01[03:51] <~Blue_Tornado> god i think this took
01[03:52] <~Blue_Tornado> 1.5 hours
[03:52] <penguin344> needed more damage
01[03:52] <~Blue_Tornado> and this was so short
01[03:52] <~Blue_Tornado> literally the shortest this could have been
01[03:52] <~Blue_Tornado> no joke
[03:52] <penguin344> lol
[03:52] <penguin344> i saved this game
[03:52] <pidge> does endeavor have 5 pp
[03:52] <penguin344> from dragging on forever
01[03:52] <~Blue_Tornado> this would not have ended
01[03:52] <~Blue_Tornado> for... days
01[03:52] <~Blue_Tornado> who cares about pp
01[03:52] <~Blue_Tornado> but probably, 5 or 10
01[03:52] <~Blue_Tornado> actually maybe up to 20
[03:52] <imperfectluck> 8*
[03:52] <imperfectluck> it's 5+3
[03:52] <penguin344> like i was going to get 5 off
01[03:53] <~Blue_Tornado> i don't care about pp because all of the heart scales
01[03:53] <~Blue_Tornado> do not want to keep track of that
[03:53] <UncleSam> i think defense
[03:53] <UncleSam> needs to be nerfed
[03:53] <UncleSam> if for the sake of the host as much as for the metagame
[03:53] <pidge> what if by koing a pokemon, you gain something
[03:53] <imperfectluck> just do perma-taunt version
[03:53] <imperfectluck> you can only use attack moves
[03:53] <imperfectluck> that will make it go real fast
[03:54] <zorbees> assault vest has no downside!
01[03:54] <~Blue_Tornado> but where's all the strategy all of a sudden
[03:54] <imperfectluck> what
[03:54] <imperfectluck> there's strategy in pokemon?
[03:54] <imperfectluck> wtf
[03:54] <pidge> koing a pokemon gives you +1 in everything, or possibly heals you
[03:54] <UncleSam> i said the same thing
[03:54] <UncleSam> ipl
[03:54] <zorbees> i kind of like pidge's idea
01[03:54] <~Blue_Tornado> i... don't really get it
[03:54] <UncleSam> give all pokemon moxie
01[03:55] <~Blue_Tornado> i think a better idea is to just agree
[03:55] <zorbees> but idk
01[03:55] <~Blue_Tornado> not to use walls / slow pokemon
[03:55] <pidge> it gives an incentive to be more offensive
01[03:55] <~Blue_Tornado> slow as in stall
[03:55] <pidge> but if you want to be defensive, you still can
[03:55] <UncleSam> no more lvl 1 aron too slow
[03:55] <UncleSam> gg
[03:55] <pidge> ..
[03:55] <UncleSam> that 7 speed
01[03:55] <~Blue_Tornado> 6
01[03:55] <~Blue_Tornado> i think it was
[03:55] <UncleSam> it was a guess
01[03:55] <~Blue_Tornado> well your guesses suck
[03:55] <UncleSam> im surprised i was only off by 1
[03:55] <UncleSam> tbh
01[03:56] <~Blue_Tornado> at level 1
01[03:56] <~Blue_Tornado> that's the difference in like 60 points
01[03:56] <~Blue_Tornado> or idk i'm making things up
[03:56] <UncleSam> you mean in base stats
01[03:56] <~Blue_Tornado> i mean in the stat at levek 100
01[03:56] <~Blue_Tornado> level*
[03:56] <UncleSam> if you drop 252 evs
[03:56] <zorbees> does level 1 chansey have 1 attack
[03:56] <UncleSam> into a stat
[03:56] <UncleSam> at lvl 1
[03:56] <UncleSam> does it increase
[03:57] <UncleSam> or does it stay the same
01[03:57] <~Blue_Tornado> it stays the same
[03:57] <zorbees> unclesam i know at level 5 you can get 3 or 4 points
[03:57] <zorbees> but idk level 1
01[03:57] <~Blue_Tornado> no it's... think of it
[03:57] <UncleSam> well zorbees i mean
01[03:57] <~Blue_Tornado> you have 63 points overall
[03:57] <UncleSam> you have to level up
[03:57] <UncleSam> to get the ev credit
01[03:57] <~Blue_Tornado> so 63/100 on level 1
[03:57] <UncleSam> dont you
[03:57] <UncleSam> or did they change that in later gens
[03:57] <UncleSam> i remember there being some box trick to get evs to count without levelling up
[03:57] <zorbees> i thought there were ways around that but idk
[03:57] <UncleSam> in like gen 5 maybe
[03:57] <UncleSam> idr
01[03:58] <~Blue_Tornado> 6th gen is... everything is free
[03:58] <zorbees> i'd think little cup would be a bit odd
01[03:58] <~Blue_Tornado> evs for everyone
[03:58] <zorbees> if you couldnt ev properly
[03:58] <UncleSam> isnt little cup
[03:58] <UncleSam> level 5
[03:58] <zorbees> yea
[03:58] <imperfectluck> I would shedinja if there were no heart scales in this
[03:58] <UncleSam> so thats fine
[03:58] <imperfectluck> X)
[03:58] <zorbees> ipl i'd have wrecked you
[03:58] <penguin344> heart scales ruin shedinja
[03:58] <UncleSam> can shedinja sub
01[03:58] <~Blue_Tornado> no
[03:58] <imperfectluck> no
[03:58] <penguin344> lol
[03:58] <penguin344> 1 hp subs
01[03:59] <~Blue_Tornado> 0 hp subs
01[03:59] <~Blue_Tornado> infinite subs
[03:59] <UncleSam> it would be more for
[03:59] <UncleSam> the second life
01[03:59] <~Blue_Tornado> you want focus sash
[03:59] <penguin344> substitute+lefties
[03:59] <imperfectluck> lum berry
[03:59] <imperfectluck> is pretty good too
[03:59] <penguin344> make it happen game freak
[03:59] <zorbees> 252 hp evs
[03:59] <UncleSam> a lot of people will assume focus sash
[03:59] <UncleSam> on shedinja
[03:59] <penguin344> what would shedinja run
[03:59] <penguin344> focus sash
[03:59] <penguin344> or choice band
[04:00] <penguin344> or lum
[04:00] <UncleSam> i still think
[04:00] <imperfectluck> I bet I fail this silver - gold promo I'm doing right now
[04:00] <UncleSam> choice + trick
[04:00] <imperfectluck> already 1-2 in it
[04:00] <UncleSam> is hilariously op
[04:00] <imperfectluck> gosh promos so hard so many feeders
[04:00] <imperfectluck> will I win US
[04:00] <UncleSam> or is that banned
[04:00] <zorbees> unclesam maybe in a defensive meta
[04:00] <zorbees> we dont know what the meta will look like
[04:00] <UncleSam> ipl you wlil win if teammates
01[04:00] <~Blue_Tornado> i'd say choice is like gg to anyone who gets it
[04:00] <UncleSam> cooperate
[04:00] <zorbees> we only did 1 batt;e
[04:00] <penguin344> what happens though
01[04:00] <~Blue_Tornado> you can't switch moves anymore? that's a death sentence
[04:00] <penguin344> if you heart scale the choiced move
[04:00] <zorbees> lol
01[04:01] <~Blue_Tornado> uh huh
01[04:01] <~Blue_Tornado> that could
01[04:01] <~Blue_Tornado> work
[04:01] <UncleSam> heart scale it for trick
[04:01] <UncleSam> xD
[04:01] <zorbees> can you heart scale it out if you are using it that turn
01[04:01] <~Blue_Tornado> logic says no
01[04:01] <~Blue_Tornado> but you gotta move man
[04:01] <pidge> tricking choice items seems anti fun
[04:01] <UncleSam> so you struggle
[04:01] <UncleSam> and heart scale ti out
[04:02] <zorbees> i think its impossible to have a stat lower than 5
[04:02] <zorbees> level 1 chansey has 5 attack
01[04:02] <~Blue_Tornado> yeah
[04:02] <penguin344> shedinja
[04:02] <penguin344> gg
[04:02] <zorbees> besides that
[04:02] <UncleSam> imagine how op
[04:02] <UncleSam> shedinja would be
[04:02] <UncleSam> with 5 hp
[04:02] <pidge> what if you have 8 atk and you get atk-6
[04:02] <UncleSam> !!
[04:02] <zorbees> pidge attack -6 is 25% iirc
[04:02] <zorbees> so you'd have 2 attack
[04:03] <pidge> yeah
[04:03] <penguin344> 5 hp
[04:03] <penguin344> so 4 subs
[04:03] <penguin344> or 4 level 1 seismic tosses
[04:03] <zorbees> if you have 7 hp you get 6 subs
[04:03] <penguin344> i think you only get 3 then
[04:03] <penguin344> or maybe it is 6
[04:03] <penguin344> is it always round down?
[04:04] <zorbees> literally everything in pokemon rounds down
[04:04] <UncleSam> yo are ohko moves banned
[04:04] <zorbees> yes
[04:04] <UncleSam> i feel like
[04:05] <UncleSam> scolipede or ninjask
[04:05] <zorbees> i kind of wish ubers were legal
[04:05] <UncleSam> might be really strong in this
01[04:05] <~Blue_Tornado> we could do ubers
[04:05] <zorbees> because they have insane movepools and stuff
[04:05] <zorbees> unclesam elaborate
[04:05] <zorbees> baton pass is stupid
01[04:05] <~Blue_Tornado> lol
[04:05] <UncleSam> not baton pass
[04:05] <zorbees> i guess they could sd up
[04:05] <zorbees> and outspeed everything
[04:05] <UncleSam> substitute+speed boost+protect
[04:06] <zorbees> ok so you're really fast, now what
01[04:06] <~Blue_Tornado> enter talonflame
01[04:06] <~Blue_Tornado> or priority
01[04:06] <~Blue_Tornado> or anything that can tank
[04:06] <zorbees> or just 2 attackers the turn you sub
[04:06] <penguin344> what was talonflame's ability
[04:06] <zorbees> gale wings
[04:06] <penguin344> priority flying moves?
[04:06] <zorbees> yea
[04:06] <UncleSam> gay wings
[04:06] <penguin344> that's dumb
[04:06] <UncleSam> priority roost
01[04:06] <~Blue_Tornado> what.. yeah
[04:06] <zorbees> smogon bird
[04:06] <zorbees> smogon washing machine
01[04:06] <~Blue_Tornado> i was gonna say what the metagame needed was prio roost
[04:07] <UncleSam> i mean certain pokemona re so threatening itg
[04:07] <UncleSam> that literally everyone will likely want to insta gib them
[04:07] <UncleSam> unless everyone runs one
01[04:07] <~Blue_Tornado> unless everyone collectively brain farts
01[04:07] <~Blue_Tornado> i mean in this rtm format
01[04:07] <~Blue_Tornado> it's definitely a thing
[04:08] <UncleSam> im disappointed in the lack of no guard machamps
[04:08] <UncleSam> so far
[04:08] <UncleSam> 100% dynamic punch confusion
[04:08] <zorbees> 100% focus blast
[04:08] <UncleSam> even better
[04:08] <UncleSam> lol what is machamps spa
[04:08] <penguin344> focus blast machamp
01[04:08] <~Blue_Tornado> like 50 or something
[04:08] <zorbees> off the top of my head i will say 45
[04:09] <UncleSam> eh he doesnt have
[04:09] <UncleSam> dragonitis
[04:09] <UncleSam> ie all stats are so high that things that arent intended to work do
[04:09] <zorbees> whoa
[04:09] <zorbees> its actually 65
[04:09] <UncleSam> thats
[04:09] <UncleSam> marginally workable
01[04:09] <~Blue_Tornado> is that a disease
01[04:09] <~Blue_Tornado> dragonitis
[04:09] <UncleSam> ya
01[04:09] <~Blue_Tornado> oh yes it is
01[04:09] <~Blue_Tornado> i.. nevermind
[04:09] <UncleSam> its slightly more deadly than the ebola virus
[04:10] <penguin344> i hear cause of death from dragonitis is blunt force trauma
[04:10] <penguin344> from the banhammer that inveitably comes down
[04:11] <UncleSam> at first glance yes
[04:11] <UncleSam> but upon autopsy it is revealed to be poison gas exposure
[04:11] <UncleSam> and the blunt force trauma was all post mortem
[04:11] <UncleSam> after smogon kills the metagame
[04:12] <zorbees> dragons arent weak to poisons thats fairy
01[04:12] <~Blue_Tornado> no zorbees
01[04:12] <~Blue_Tornado> try "objection"
[04:12] <pidge> -itis is a suffix that means inflammation of
[04:13] <zorbees> yeah pidge if you have dragonitis you need to get a dragonectomy
[04:13] <zorbees> and have your dragon removed
01[04:15] <~Blue_Tornado> it's a pretty nasty disease, it drags on quite a bit
01[04:16] <~Blue_Tornado> man, a few more hours and it's morning
01[04:16] <~Blue_Tornado> do you guys want to set up another date
[04:21] <pidge> do you think 6 was a good number
[04:21] <pidge> *5
[04:21] <zorbees> B_T i think you mean
[04:21] <zorbees> "in a few hours, the sun will rise
01[04:22] <~Blue_Tornado> i wouldn't call it morning right now, and it'll be morning in a few hours
01[04:22] <~Blue_Tornado> my internal logic is consistent
[04:22] <zorbees> i was making a joke from yugioh/yugioh abridged
01[04:22] <~Blue_Tornado> pidge: 5 was "too much" for the mons you picked
01[04:22] <~Blue_Tornado> ah, that's a shame
[04:22] <zorbees> B_T i think that arguably more mons would offset the defensiveness
[04:22] <zorbees> because it becomes easier to team up on them
[04:23] <zorbees> but idk
01[04:23] <~Blue_Tornado> it also becomes harder to host live
[04:23] <zorbees> true
01[04:23] <~Blue_Tornado> shrug, keep experimenting
01[04:23] <~Blue_Tornado> maybe someone else can try hosting this and see if they found a better way of doing this
[04:23] <penguin344> one of the problems is how quickly stuff dies
[04:24] <penguin344> it's very possible you die turn 1
[04:24] <penguin344> and that's not fun
01[04:24] <~Blue_Tornado> yep
01[04:24] <~Blue_Tornado> well in this case it was all your fault
02[04:24] * UncleSam (~UncleSam@synIRC-3E5D0432.nat.nd.edu) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
01[04:24] <~Blue_Tornado> turn 1 deaths aren't fun
01[04:24] <~Blue_Tornado> but quick deaths? meh
01[04:25] <~Blue_Tornado> i'm gonna quit & dump the log into the thread
01[04:25] <~Blue_Tornado> i'm glad there's a bot here, i guess?
01[04:26] <~Blue_Tornado> yawn
01[04:26] <~Blue_Tornado> night
Session Close: Thu Sep 04 04:26:43 2014

all this pokemon talk

dudes picked a bunch of stall mons and a LV1 aron, things turned way better than expected and I learn that even hosting an extremely easy round like this is a hassle live

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
i assume you mean 3 pokemon in singles? I think that would help the stat drops issue. I think that'd also open the door towards mega evolutions being allowed, since you'd still have to pick 2 non-megas, but idk. I agree that it'd probably be tough to host.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
fun idea for 3v3, maybe do teams of 6 mons, everyones teams are revealed c0, and each player picks lead + 2 others, similar to stadium or vgc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)