(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Actually while the desert area is a total pain in the ass there is a way to get around the wild pokemon. When you stop moving your character around so will the pokemon..for about 1-2 seconds, this will allow you to go around the direction the pokemon is traveling in etc. I hope this helped.
I actually found it rather fun trying to avoid them; makes a decent, fun change of pace from having a random chance for a Pokémon to pop out every step you make.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Being unable to tell if the Furisode Girls in Chateau is the Duchess using three Audinos or the Marchioness using two until conversation, meaning I have to sae in front of them to check before using my O Power or take a gamble to save time. Maybe I should just grind off the restaurants since I will earn shit-tons of money anyway...

It was way too easy, the Elite 4 especially felt underwhelming. Given that you have an easier time building high level teams now that the Exp. Share has changed, this is more inline with what it should have been.

Malva
  • Delphox
  • Torkoal
  • Pyroar
  • Talonflame
  • Houndoom (mega)
Wikstrom
  • Klefki
  • Steelix
  • Aegislash
  • Probopass
  • Scizor (mega)
I went into this battle first, and he wore my team down. When he had just his Scizor I thought for sure they'd have a mega. It just felt right, almost like it was cut.

Drasna
  • Dragagle
  • Tyrantrum
  • Goodra
  • Ampharos (mega)
  • Noviern
Now this would have been a hard team to beat even with only 5 pokemon. Having Ampharos shows the new typing it gains and would have been sweet. Also it's almost all Kalos pokemon, which makes it feel more fresh.

Siebold
  • Clawitzer
  • Greninja
  • Gyarados (mega)
  • Barbaracle
  • Malamar
Malamar isn't water you say? Well Gyarados and Aerodayctl aren't Dragon type but that didn't stop Lance. Other than Gyarados, again, more Kalos only pokemon for that new region smell.

Malamar isn't water you say? Well Gyarados and Aerodayctl aren't Dragon type but that didn't stop Lance. Other than Gyarados, again, more Kalos only pokemon for that new region smell.
But only Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite were dragon-type at the time of RBY. They needed to give him something else to stop him from having one evolutionary family as his whole team.

It was way too easy, the Elite 4 especially felt underwhelming. Given that you have an easier time building high level teams now that the Exp. Share has changed, this is more inline with what it should have been.

Malva
  • Delphox
  • Torkoal
  • Pyroar
  • Talonflame
  • Houndoom (mega)
Wikstrom
  • Klefki
  • Steelix
  • Aegislash
  • Probopass
  • Scizor (mega)
I went into this battle first, and he wore my team down. When he had just his Scizor I thought for sure they'd have a mega. It just felt right, almost like it was cut.

Drasna
  • Dragagle
  • Tyrantrum
  • Goodra
  • Ampharos (mega)
  • Noviern
Now this would have been a hard team to beat even with only 5 pokemon. Having Ampharos shows the new typing it gains and would have been sweet. Also it's almost all Kalos pokemon, which makes it feel more fresh.

Siebold
  • Clawitzer
  • Greninja
  • Gyarados (mega)
  • Barbaracle
  • Malamar
Um, yeah, I'd prefer it if they didn't have Megas honestly. Maybe by gen 7 if the 'new and mysterious' shtick of Mega Evolution has worn off.

I totally get what your saying but Gamefreak doesn't. This is Lance's rematch team from HG/SS and they totally had a chance to give him all Dragons.
Charizard and Gyarados were kind of staples of his team by that point. Also... what barricade said. Upgraded teams, yes, but giving all E4 members megas takes away from things thematically.

Charizard and Gyarados were kind of staples of his team by that point. Also... what barricade said. Upgraded teams, yes, but giving all E4 members megas takes away from things thematically.
I wouldn't mind Megas on a Challenge Mode rematch team. Or even a Challenge Mode + team (level 100 for those who want it).

I wouldn't mind Megas on a Challenge Mode rematch team. Or even a Challenge Mode + team (level 100 for those who want it).
Read: Thematically. Mega Evolution is supposed to be this big, mystic, mysterious thing that very few people have access to and control - just giving them to every E4 member kind of ruins that.

Read: Thematically. Mega Evolution is supposed to be this big, mystic, mysterious thing that very few people have access to and control - just giving them to every E4 member kind of ruins that.
Suuuure, a great/big/mystic thing that is used by:

-A ten year old
-Another ten year old
-A skating teenage gym leader
-her grandfather
-an evil team leader
-a champion who does nothing except star in films

So why give megas to 4 of the best trainers in Kalos...

Suuuure, a great/big/mystic thing that is used by:

-A ten year old
-Another ten year old
-A skating teenage gym leader
-her grandfather
-an evil team leader
-a champion who does nothing except star in films

So why give megas to 4 of the best trainers in Kalos...
Can you come up with something that isn't a strawman?

Can you come up with something that isn't a strawman?
Strawman would actually involve me misrepsenting your argument, just so you know. And your 'super-awesome-rare thing' argument has already been blown to shards by the game itself. As soon as your rival decides to randomly pull out a Mega- 'Sol.

How in the world would giving Mega Evolution to 4 of the most powerful trainers in Kalos (Champion excluded) be making it less special when Nintendo already gave it to all the characters that I've mentioned?

No-one is saying give it to Route 2 trainers or even Gym Leaders.

Oh, wait- a Gym Leader can already use it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Strawman would actually involve me misrepsenting your argument, just so you know. And your 'super-awesome-rare thing' argument has already been blown to shards by the game itself. As soon as your rival decides to randomly pull out a Mega- 'Sol.

How in the world would giving Mega Evolution to 4 of the most powerful trainers in Kalos (Champion excluded) be making it less special when Nintendo already gave it to all the characters that I've mentioned?

No-one is saying give it to Route 2 trainers or even Gym Leaders.

Oh, wait- a Gym Leader can already use it.
More annoyingly, she does not use said Lucario in her Gym Match.. Why not? I think it's one of the only times ever (outside of the anime) a Gym leader is shown to have a Pokemon that *isn't* in their Gym/Primary team.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The newly announced Pokken Fighters.
a) It's an arcade game
b) It's slated to be released in Japan only so far.

When will Nintendo learn that the Pokémon franchise is popular worldwide, not only in Japan, and that this game would have been selling like hotcakes had it been developed for Wii U? Making a location-exclusive game in a franchise this big, as well as putting it on a console literally nobody owns... I facepalm so hard that my neck hair falls off.

The newly announced Pokken Fighters.
a) It's an arcade game
b) It's slated to be released in Japan only so far.

When will Nintendo learn that the Pokémon franchise is popular worldwide, not only in Japan, and that this game would have been selling like hotcakes had it been developed for Wii U? Making a location-exclusive game in a franchise this big, as well as putting it on a console literally nobody owns... I facepalm so hard that my neck hair falls off.
Because fighting game balancing is done way differently than the balancing for other games. The first release is in arcades (which are for the most part extinct or near extinct in North America), then ported to consoles later with some tweaks and possibly new fighters. That would explain the contest where they're asking for what Pokemon people would want to see. It's almost inevitable it'll come to the WiiU and given how Nintendo definitely knows how big the Smash scene is, releasing it internationally is an inevitability

Someone was going to do it sooner or later, so..... here are some (little) things that annoy me about the Daycare.

1. Say goodbye to your egg moves

My poor pokemon has been bred to death and finally has four egg moves. But it still only has 4 IVs.

So, the obvious solution is to keep riding that bike until you get more eggs to hatch.

Except that your Pursuit + Reversal Diglett will end up a.... fearsome Astonish/Mud-Slap sweeper.

Yay.

2. Say an actual goodbye to your move tutor moves

As least as of X and Y, your Egg Moves can be relearned by trading weird little Luvdisc scales to freaks collectors.

But those tutor moves that you've spent weeks learning how to RNG for?

Gone forever. And ever.

Hope you enjoy that Hyper Voiceless Sylveon of yours....

3. 100 poke per pokemon. Even if it's the wrong one.

"Oh wait, Mrs Daycare Lady, I forgot to put an Everstone on my little Ditto"

"I don't care brat, I had that Ditto for 5 bloody seconds you owe me a 100 quid/bucks/poke food"

But it's not all doom and gloom! :)

Without the Daycare, we wouldn't have memes like this one:

Offspring will inherit the egg moves even if the parents have long forgotten them as long the parent had the move when they were deposited. So unless you need the parents to have the egg moves after you've gotten your target offspring, it doesn't really matter if they forget!

Offspring will inherit the egg moves even if the parents have long forgotten them as long the parent had the move when they were deposited. So unless you need the parents to have the egg moves after you've gotten your target offspring, it doesn't really matter if they forget!
Yeah, that's such a relief. I used to actually level up my egg move parents to the point that they couldn't learn any more moves through level up. It was a pain.

Mega Evolution being something akin to a great mystery isn´t exactly true ... it´s still mysterious as no one (no human pokemon character that we know of) actually knows how it really works and no one really knows what pokemon are able to mega evolve to begin with. The mega evolution issue got a lot of screentime (significantly more than what´s already been shown in the games) in the anime, too, following the pattern we already know about (it´s not incredibly rare but still pretty rare, they´re researching it but there´s still a lot they don´t know about), with some people (a gym leader and a former gymleader, that old woman who´s a mega evolution guru, some other random people from the special episode, a elite four member, an former assistant of the professor, the champ, likely Lysandre, too, the father of those two gym leader kids who´s name I don´t remember right now, that pokemon in th professors lab, ecetera) showing off their mega evolution whenever they seem to feel like it.

Would´ve been nice if they gave some specific elite trainers (or other characters who may actually put them to good use) that are part of specific elite trainer classes (like ace trainer) some decent mega evolutions, though.

Mega Evolution being something akin to a great mystery isn´t exactly true ... it´s still mysterious as no one (no human pokemon character that we know of) actually knows how it really works and no one really knows what pokemon are able to mega evolve to begin with. The mega evolution issue got a lot of screentime (significantly more than what´s already been shown in the games) in the anime, too, following the pattern we already know about (it´s not incredibly rare but still pretty rare, they´re researching it but there´s still a lot they don´t know about), with some people (a gym leader and a former gymleader, that old woman who´s a mega evolution guru, some other random people from the special episode, a elite four member, an former assistant of the professor, the champ, likely Lysandre, too, the father of those two gym leader kids who´s name I don´t remember right now, that pokemon in th professors lab, ecetera) showing off their mega evolution whenever they seem to feel like it.

Would´ve been nice if they gave some specific elite trainers (or other characters who may actually put them to good use) that are part of specific elite trainer classes (like ace trainer) some decent mega evolutions, though.
That's the anime for you. They do nearly anything when they feel like it. If they want Ash's Pikachu to somehow use Icicle Crash, that's what will happen even though it's definitely NOT Cos-play Pikachu dressed up as Pikachu Belle.

Why oh why do Fake Out and Quick Guard have to have the same priority? Just when I thought I figured out the perfect way to stop Weavile from trolling my Triples Maison team too.
If it is that much of a problem just use a male Meowstic with prankster. That dude has saved me countless times on PS.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Customization, or rather how limited it is.

Those who played as the girl: What do you mean, there were ton of clothing to choose from?

Yes, because you're playing as the girl. If you were playing as the boy you'll find that your clothing selection would be noticeably smaller than the girls. In addition to the girls having an additional clothing option, they have more options in normal clothes as well:

Boys:
Shirt:
34 (3 Down Jacket, 3 Hoodie, 1 King T-Shirt, 5 Logo, 2 Plaid, 3 Splatter Paint, 4 Striped, 1 Twin, 4 V-Neck, 8 Zipped)
Trousers: 16 (2 Camo, 2 Checked, 2 Chinos, 1 Cuffed Jeans, 1 Damage Jeans, 3 Short Cargo, 4 Skinny Jeans, 1 Vinyl)
Socks: 4 (all Ankle Socks)
Shoes: 10 (2 Loafers, 3 Short Boots, 5 Sneakers)
Hat: 18 (1 Bamboo Sprig, 2 Camo, 4 Fedora, 4 Knit, 4 Logo, 4 Outdoors)
Hat Accessory: 12 (5 Button, 3 Feather, 4 Glasses)
Bag: 7 (5 Two-Tone, 2 Vinyl)
TOTAL: 101

Girls:
Tops:
34 (2 Exotic, 1 Glitzy Scarf, 2 Midriff Halter, 4 Poke Ball Baby Doll Tee, 4 Ribbon Smock Top, 4 Ruffled Camisole, 3 Scarf, 3 Shirt and Tie, 4 Short Parka, 2 Sleeveless Turtleneck, 3 Striped Tank, 2 Tie-Neck Blouse)
Bottom: 44 (4 Accented Jeans, 3 Bold Striped, 2 Cross-Laced Shorts, 1 Damaged Jean Shorts, 1 Damaged Skinny Jeans, 3 Denim Miniskirt, 7 Jean Shorts, 2 Pleated Kilt Skirt, 4 Pleated Skirt, 2 Scalloped Skirt, 3 Scalloped Tiered, 7 Skinny Jeans, 3 Striped Pleated Skirt, 2 Tiered Satin Skirt)
Dress: 10 (1 Double-Front Coat, 1 Frilly, 2 High-Waisted Outfit, 1 Little Black, 1 Single-Front Coat, 1 Sparkly Bolero, 1 Sundae, 2 Trench Coat)
Socks: 26 (1 Camo OTK, 7 Knee, 1 Leggings, 7 OTK, 1 Punk OTK, 1 Single-Stripe OTK, 6 Tights, 2 Wide-Stripe OTK)
Shoes: 26 (2 Bow, 4 High Tops, 2 Laced, 2 Laced Boots, 6 Mary Janes, 6 Riding Boots, 3 Saddle, 1 Zipped Boots)
Hat: 27 (2 Boater, 3 Cycling, 2 Exotic, 6 Fedora, 9 Felt, 2 Logo, 3 Sports Cap)
Hat Accessory: 24 (4 Artificial Flower, 5 Button, 3 Feather, 5 Ribbon, 3 Metal Pin, 4 Glasses)
Bag: 16 (2 Enamel-Striped, 2 Ribbon Purse, 5 Strappy Purse, 2 Tassel Purse, 5 Tote)
TOTAL: 207

GIRLS HAVE MORE THAN DOUBLES THE BOYS!

Okay, fine, I can agree with that girls do have more styles then boys do, but come on, the designers couldn't look through the boy's section of a fashion magazine?

Speaking of styles, that's another thing I want to complain about, as you can see by the numbers there are a lot of recolors going on and I must ask WHY? Just have a base style and let us choose which color we want it to be. A lot of these clothes are a single, 2, or 3 solid colors, it would be VERY easy for them to set it up so that we can select what color we want each part of the clothes. It'll not only give us more clothing option, but it'll help us coordinate our clothing better without needing to go back and forth between the categories remembering what color options are open to us.

Or here's another bold option, letting us not wear certain options? I think we'll be perfectly fine if our character didn't have an accessory on their hat, or even a hat! Maybe.. um... actually that's pretty much the only "non-wearable" options I can think of. You need a shirt/top since you visit cold places, trouser/bottoms because decency, Socks since you don't want to sweat in your shoes, Shoes because walking on rough terrain without them isn't fun, Bag because you need to carry your stuff... yeah, that's it. Hmm, well, maybe if they added sandals you wouldn't need socks though once again sandal's aren't appropriate for cold weathers (then again, neither are many of the girl's bottoms).

How about we move away from clothing and talk about other customization features. As you know, when you start the game you pick a character portrait that determines your skin and hair color and that's what you're stuck with the entire game. Now skin color I get, but why hair? We go to a salon, I think we should be allowed to change our hair color there. Heck, maybe even be allowed to color is vibrant colors like blue, green, or red! Why are we stuck with normal boring colors? NPCs can have those color hair, why can't I? Speaking of which, my final point:

You know what would have also helped ease the clothes problem? DLC. Would it be that hard to have clothing packs we could download to add to our wardrobe? Not only could you add in new styles, but maybe even put in special clothes like the ones the NPC wears including Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champions, Frontier Brains, Rivals, Villain groups, and the load and loads of NPC classes? You could even sell some of them for a few bucks and I guarantee GameFreak and Nintendo would make MILLIONS (I mean just look at Team Fortress 2, they make millions simply by selling hats!).

So yeah, customization is pretty weak. Of course this is their first outing and I guess looking it that way it's not a bad first outing, but I DO expect them to improve.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
You are able to change your hair colour at the salon; I think it's only available at a certain amount of style points tho.
Okay then, but you're still limited to "natural" colors. Also, forgot to add this, why not let us add highlights to our hair? The woman in the salon has a highlight, why can't we have one?

Okay then, but you're still limited to "natural" colors. Also, forgot to add this, why not let us add highlights to our hair? The woman in the salon has a highlight, why can't we have one?
Also applies to the contact lens colors, but I guess because they didn't want to completely overdo the whole customization thing? Perhaps somethings they'll expand on in future generations?

...And then watch as they completely abandon trainer customization in gen 7 onwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 7)