2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utd won titles with Carrick and grandpa Scholes, Herrera and Di Maria is not bad. I don't know how they're gonna fit everyone in, it's a joke. But what they need to do first is ditch playing 3 CBs and start with a back 4 like a proper football team.

4-2-3-1

-----------Falcao
Di Maria....Mata/rooney......Adnan/mata
............. Carrick Blind
shaw.......Rojo......jones........Rafael

£27m on Herrera, surely he's not going to join Fellaini on the bench?

And Norway were so bad today it was like England were playing kids but they still couldn't do anything! Can't blame Hodgeson this time, England were just shit.

Rooney needs to be dropped too slow for the wing loses the ball too much in the centre.

--------blind------herrera-------

---------------mata-----------------

--Adnan/RVP---------Di Maria-----

---------------Falcao-----------------

Golden boy will never be dropped though.

can have carrick or Herrara, or Blind, Herrara etc...
and any striker with a dodgy knee up front
Di Maria destroyed the Germans

It will surely be Mata after he was poor in all 3 games so far, not like anyone was good but Mata was a passenger .

---------De Gea
-Rafael-Jones-Blackett-Blind
---------Herrera
--Januzaj-------Di Maria
----------Mata
-----RVP------Falcao

IMO

If United play with two up front then 1 of Rooney/RVP/Falcao shouldn't play otherwise there's nobody on the bench to sub in for offensive intent.

The defence looks shoddy of course but it's the best available. Once Shaw comes back from injury, he can replace Blind and Blind can be used as a sub for both Shaw and Herrera.

Januzaj needs game-time; he looks the most dangerous out of any player in a red shirt, and has plenty of potential

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
back 4
blind herrera
mata, falcao/rooney, di maria
rvp

i feel like people are really misplacing herrera and di maria's in a lot of the formations suggested in this thread and across the internet. I'm no expert, but di maria and mata seem like they ought to take up wide attacking midfielder positions while any one of united's 3 quality strikers drop deep to link up with them. Blind and Herrera shield the back 4 with herrera probably sitting the deeper of the two (my recommendation). Januzaj can take up a central position over falcao/rooney and also take up mata's position, so he will be a useful sub imo.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Herrera has always played as an offensive midfielder, playing most of the time behind the striker but on some rare occasions on the wings. He contributes a lot defensively though so he's suited to play as a 'complete' midfielder, but I'm not sure how he'd perform as a lone pivot.

I was actually surprised no one talked about that game. I reckon it was a meaningless friendly match, but Di Maria scored an amazing goal and gave three assists, so I figured it could've been mentioned since you guys were talking about how United would start. He played as a sort of right wing with Lamela on the left and Agüero as sole forward, and Ángel was completely unstoppable. Lamela's goal was also pretty good.
Lack of Messi and Germany starting less than half of the world champions (the only ones that repeated from the finals were Neuer, Höwedes, Kroos, and Kramer, although he didn't remember playing) did make it less interesting, but the first half was still fun to watch since both teams actually attempted to play with the ball.

Reactions: pj
di maria is one of the most creativ players in the world and also a hard worker.
that guy is very underrated

Last edited:
international break sure is boring when you're playing Oman and Georgia. At least the all-Ireland is on tomorrow!

Also where the hell did given coming out of retirement come from? Great though, forde, Elliot and Westwood really aren't that good. Good to see my mate Kevin scoring.

Do you know Kevin Doyle? Ireland have a decent chance, if not top two then top 3 in the group. Personally I didn't have a problem with Trappatoni, I thought he did the right thing and Ireland's only chance of anything was to lock down the defence and hope to do a 'Greece'. I hope O'Neill doesn't throw defence out of the window trying to fit in all these substandard play-makers.

There are rumours that Gazidis went over the authority of Wenger to sign Welbeck. Hence the complete silence from Wenger. Not a single word about "his" new signing despite always giving a statement endorsing the qualities of new signings usually on the day of the announcement...

yeah i know Kevin Doyle, i also know Stephen hunt and ive met john o shea, good ol small country :)

i didn't have a problem with trappatoni but im excited to see what o Neil can make out of this team, i think we can get 2nd if we beat Poland, Scotland could be tough though.

Haha cool! The only famous person I've ever had a chat with was Des Bishop but he did give me two tickets to his show! My friend's second cousin is Pierce Brosnan lol so yeah small country! Poland are still favourites for second though but you never know, it's an exciting group.

Jesus Christ we were shit today
until mcgeadys second goal it seemed we were content with a draw, WITH GEORGIA!! We are definitely a different team at home. BUT WHO CARES WE'RE ON TOP OF GROUP D BITCHES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)