ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ralts still a qt.

It seems Brawly's Makuhita is now lv16, not lv18.

Grovyle already knows Leaf Blade at lv23, unless they bred a Treecko only to show off at the trailer.

Kyogre and Groudon don't become Primal when woken up, but transform when you battle them (possibly for the first time).

DIVE

There's a Sharpedo submarine.

There's a Metagross vs. Salamence battle in what seems to be an E4 room.

That definitely looks like the Battle Arena in that screen shot, so it's a good indicator that the rest of the Battle Frontier is making a triumphant return as well. Sneaking seems intriguing, though I'm not sure what sort of effect it would have. Maybe cut the encounter rate from standard walking, since running seems to boost it? Oh, it's getting ever harder to wait for these games to come out!

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
UM SO I'M BASICALLY FUCKING HYPERVENTILATING

• space station looked stellar
  • UNDERWATER AT LAST - if it ALL looks like that I will probably have stunted growth from the sheer amazing graphics this game is dropping on my shoulders, idk
  • Primal Groudon and Kyogre's animations upon challenging them looks pretty badass if you ask me
  • That icy floor was definitely Juan/Wallace's gym, lgi
  • space station is amazing
  • That Battle Arena approach animation is cool as HELL
if you can't tell I'm sooo excited, this game is gonna be evERYTHING

UM SO I'M BASICALLY FUCKING HYPERVENTILATING

• space station looked stellar
  • UNDERWATER AT LAST - if it ALL looks like that I will probably have stunted growth from the sheer amazing graphics this game is dropping on my shoulders, idk
  • Primal Groudon and Kyogre's animations upon challenging them looks pretty badass if you ask me
  • That icy floor was definitely Juan/Wallace's gym, lgi
  • That Battle Arena approach animation is cool as HELL
if you can't tell I'm sooo excited, this game is gonna be evERYTHING spACE STATION
Fixed.

But really, though, I'm so glad I preordered this game. I loved that bit with the Latios flying above the player <3
Also worth noting is that Meteor Falls is the Yellow-y color from R/S as opposed to the Purple-y color in Emerald.
What I'm mainly interested in seeing is new TMs and Move Tutors in different and new locations.

Other relevant things are that Groudon and Kyogre aren't primal when they awaken, they only seem to transform when you confront them in the Cave of Origin. Coincidentally, that's also where they react to the orb of their color. Orbs = mega stone?

Lv. 23 Leaf Blade for Grovyle is a godsend, Absorb and lol Bullet Seed were horrible to deal with. Not that it'll help against Magneton and Torkoal but whatever.

Diving animation was sick, and also showed Wailmer. Maybe Wailmer will be the Lapras of ORAS?

Soundtrack is awesome.

Battle palace! Looks like the battle frontier will be back baby!

Wallace's gym seems to have gotten an upgrade and puzzle redesign, though it still uses the ice blocks.

Mossdeep looks amazing.

Pikachu's tail peeking out will likely be a safari zone feature, especially with the sneaking. I'm calling it now.

As for shiny Metagross vs. Salamence, that room looks more like the battle tower / maison to me. Especially comparing it to the look of Sydney's room.

Edit: Also important was that battle between Mega Lopunny and Banette on the building with red chairs. I can only thing of one rooftop site: the Lilycove department store. There is only 1 battle in Lilycove.

Last edited:
New here guys, but a longtime lurker. Something I noticed on Serebii which said Mega evolution will play a big role in Pokken Tournament. Based on the screenshots Lucario, Blaziken and Machamp are confirmed for that game. The interesting part is that the first two have mega evolutions and with it playing a big role in the game, I think it is pretty safe to say that Machamp is getting a mega evolution as well so that it fits in Pokken Tournament.

Thoughts?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Grovyle gets Leaf Blade by level 23? Nice!
Too bad the Physical/Special split happened. I'm still hoping that Mega Sceptile is a mixed/physical attacker to compensate for this.

This trailer is getting me really hyped up for these games again, especially for the music. I can't wait to hear the most glorious E4 theme in the franchise's history be remixed.

Here is a new very in-depth ORAS trailer. We see a few cool things like Dive. Here are a few other interesting screenshots:
I sure hope that that's the battle arena.It doesn't look like any place in hoenn I've seen before. It looks like it is in a volcano, but we've already seen what Team Magma's den looks like:

Too bad the Physical/Special split happened. I'm still hoping that Mega Sceptile is a mixed/physical attacker to compensate for this.

This trailer is getting me really hyped up for these games again, especially for the music. I can't wait to hear the most glorious E4 theme in the franchise's history be remixed.
The difference in Grovyle's attack and SpA is more than compensated for by the huge difference in base power between Absorb and Leaf Blade. I could easily see Mega Sceptile pulling a Garde and doing +20 Atk alongside a larger SpA boost.

And the music is freaking amazing. The battle music at the start...chills.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow that trailer had A LOT of stuff in it, it's getting me mega hyped for it all but I kinda wish I hadn't seen it just because the sheer amount of content it showed makes me feel like I've played from start to finish already!

Like IcyMan28 said, I think that Kyogre/Groudon doing their primal devolution thing when you encounter them in the Cave of Origin is evidence that their respective Orb is their mega stone. Does that mean the Jade Orb will make an appearance in this game to give us Primal Raquaza?

I'm so glad we got these remakes in gen VI instead of V like everyone wanted originally, 3D Hoenn just looks ridiculously cool. That shot of Latios flying over the region (guessing it's the opening scene) looked amazing

Edit: Also important was that battle between Mega Lopunny and Banette on the building with red chairs. I can only thing of one rooftop site: the Lilycove department store. There is only 1 battle in Lilycove.
I don't see any red chairs, but that's cycling road, isn't it?

Nice to see what might be the battle frontier returning, even if it is somewhat on fire. What I presume is the safari zone's been changed too, I don't think any route in the original game had both regular and tall grass.

Edit: I've just noticed! May is surfing on an actual Wailmer in this, rather than the generic blob.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There are a few things that interested me:

1. It says on serebii: 'It is also confirmed, through images of the Download Card, that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire will require approximately 1.8GB in order to download to your Nintendo 3DS. This is a further 100MB more than Pokémon X & Y' This means (obviously) that the game is much larger than xy, so that means more of a chance of more post game stuff, or just more of an in game. Which is exiting.

2. Usually the only area you can get Pikachu is in the safari zone, which means a. there is no safari zone, or (better idea) b. that in the safari zone you have to creep up on them to fight (◕‿◕✿)

3. Diving finally looks (semi) realistic as you now have goggles/scuba gear. Also nice that diving is back in the game

4. In the video there was a level 10 ralts. In ruby/saphire the only ralts where wild at level 5, psychics but none where that low a level, or wally. This could mean you fight him some more (hopefully your rival as well). I know this doesnt mean that, but it would be cool

5. Why does that trainer have a Mudkip at the time they have reached the sandstorm??

Lastly, was that mega-salamence using flare blitz?!

Did you guys notice the background in the scene with Mega Metagross? That was the background of the Battle Maison. And still no talk of the Battle Frontier...

Edit: Looks like I've missed what is really likely to be the Battle Arena. You just turned my frown upside down guys :)

Edit²: On the other hand that's definitely Maison's background. It wouldn't make sense to have both Maison and Frontier in the same game, right? And I don't think they'd use Maison's background in the Battle Tower or something. It doesn't really fit flavorwise. What could that mean?

Last edited:
4. In the video there was a level 10 ralts. In ruby/saphire the only ralts where wild at level 5, psychics but none where that low a level, or wally. This could mean you fight him some more (hopefully your rival as well). I know this doesnt mean that, but it would be cool

5. Why does that trainer have a Mudkip at the time they have reached the sandstorm??
There was a School Boy on Route 116 (between Rustboro and Verdanturf) who had a ralts that was level ten. The Torchic was a bit under leveled, though, because I'm fairly certain that he was only accessible through Cut; the torchic's level fits the general area, though. Also, the Mudkip vs Desert Trapinch thing threw me too; it should have been a marshtomp who was closer to a swampert than a mudkip at that point.

There are a few things that interested me:

1. It says on serebii: 'It is also confirmed, through images of the Download Card, that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire will require approximately 1.8GB in order to download to your Nintendo 3DS. This is a further 100MB more than Pokémon X & Y' This means (obviously) that the game is much larger than xy, so that means more of a chance of more post game stuff, or just more of an in game. Which is exiting.

2. Usually the only area you can get Pikachu is in the safari zone, which means a. there is no safari zone, or (better idea) b. that in the safari zone you have to creep up on them to fight (◕‿◕✿)

3. Diving finally looks (semi) realistic as you now have goggles/scuba gear. Also nice that diving is back in the game

Lastly, was that mega-salamence using flare blitz?!
Because they really, really like Mudkip? I'm not about to question why they'd still show a Mudkip at that point instead of Marshtomp. I wouldn't even question if it was an under-leveled Swampert. Since there's a pretty big hint that the Battle Frontier is returning, and likely an expanded story to cover Steven's interest in Mega Evolution, (and maybe the whole thing of Primal Groudon/Kyogre to prepare the player for a souped up legendary surprise. Perhaps we don't catch them in the Cave of Origin and have to wait until the post game ala Black/White Kyurem?) these games certainly seem to have more content than X/Y.

Did you guys notice the background in the scene with Mega Metagross? That was the background of the Battle Maison. And still no talk of the Battle Frontier...

Edit: Looks like I've missed what is really likely to be the Battle Arena. You just turned my frown upside down guys :)

Edit²: On the other hand that's definitely Maison's background. It wouldn't make sense to have both Maison and Frontier in the same game, right? And I don't think they'd use Maison's background in the Battle Tower or something. It doesn't really fit flavorwise. What could that mean?
It could mean a couple things.

My personal hope is that it means that metagross was traded to X and Y and that the patch is confirmed.

There's also that they did just reuse the background, or it's just a temporary thing during developement (seems a little late for that at this point though).

Or there really is the Battle Maison in the game again

After reading a bit about it in other forums, I'm sorry to say there are some hints that the scene we got at the end of the video doesn't show the battle arena at all. It's probably just the entrance to Sidney's room (it looks epic btw, but that's a big disappointment after mistaking it for the entrance to the Battle Arena).

Same fence-lining things. Same ash in the air (it's more noticeable in the actual trailer, but you can make it out in these pictures). Same dark, mountainous environment in the background. That's unlikely to be a coincidence.

And then there's the scene with Mega Metagross and the Battle Maison background. And the fact it would be weird for them to show part of the Battle Frontier without announcing it. The frown in back :(

Edit: maybe there's hope: if you look closely there are small yellow ornaments on the fence in the entrance to the unknown location whereas the fence in Sidney's room is plain. What do you guys think? Would they leave this detail out in the battle background or is this a strong indicator those are two different places?

Last edited:
After reading a bit about it in other forums, I'm sorry to say there are some hints that the scene we got at the end of the video doesn't show the battle arena at all. It's probably just the entrance to Sidney's room (it looks epic btw, but that's a big disappointment after mistaking it for the entrance to the Battle Arena).

Same fence-lining things. Same ash in the air (it's more noticeable in the actual trailer, but you can make it out in these pictures). Same dark, mountainous environment in the background. That's unlikely to be a coincidence.

And then there's the scene with Mega Metagross and the Battle Maison background. And the fact it would be weird for them to show part of the Battle Frontier without announcing it. The frown in back :(

Edit: maybe there's hope: if you look closely there are small yellow ornaments on the fence in the entrance to the unknown location whereas the fence in Sidney's room is plain. What do you guys think? Would they leave this detail out in the battle background or is this a strong indicator those are two different places?
Yeah, I was a bit disapointed when I realized it is more than likely Siydney's room. But even then, the Elite 4 is looking pretty awesome!

One thing that concerns me a bit is Brawly's Makuhita being level 16. In R/S/E it was level 18-19 respectively. And Grovyle being level 23 already seems weird. I'm hoping for balance's sake we'll get some challenge through the main story.

No, it's probably just Sidney's room... In all likelihood now, we won't know if the Battle Frontier is in or not until we have the games in hand ourselves and reach the post-game. Granted, it is post-game, so revealing one way or another at this point probably isn't Game Freak's highest priority right now. Not when there's SO much else before that to show off and tease.

Brawly's Makuhita being only lv 16 does kind of suck though. Roxanne's Nosepass being slightly lower level would be beneficial in not being floored by the buffed and far more accurate Rock Tomb while your own Pokemon are struggling to make much of a dent in it, but beyond her is a little worrisome. It's probably so that Makuhita can't smash Kadabra silly with Knock Off, as both early bird Pokemon suck and can be tanked after a few Bulk Ups and Ralts is very rare. Wouldn't want the Pokemon conveniently placed to make it easier to handle the next gym to not be too easy to stick on the leader, now would we? /sarcasm

Hm that could easily be Sydney's room. Can anyone make out the symbol at the top of the building? Also:

Glad they haven't give up on nostalgia. That's the old Hoenn map in the bottom left showcase in the Rustboro gym.

It's weird how they have only shown the first five gym leaders. While they may be trying to avoid "spoilers" but if they are the same ones from a decade ago, what's there to spoil?
Also, I'm starting to reevaluate my opinion on Hoenn cause it looks so good on the 3DS in comparison to the GBA version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)