The Ubers Open III - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Ubers Open, where the bird is the word.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard XY Ubers.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Ubers ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
  • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
  • Sharing replays is always nice to help keep track of the progression of the metagame

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Swagger Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

Pairings:
King UU
vs michaeloche
Player-0 vs chramsr
orch
vs Zaffiro**
Evuelf vs KratosMana
haxiom vs -Tsunami-
Bad Ass vs Xyldaz
SilentVerse
vs B-Lulz**
Hack vs Pidge
Nas vs Kairyu_Gen1*
blunder vs Mega-Swampert
Brazilian Army vs silver97
Wepwn vs GlassGlaceon
TGMD vs zdrup15
gr8astard vs Rob.
New Breed vs Yagura
Nayrz
vs scorpdestroyer
Aenonar vs shartruce2**
Catacomb vs Bouffalant**
Wyeth vs Tesung
MicfiJasan vs The TurtleLord
Steve Angello
vs Cicada
soviet vs el poeta
Piexplode vs WhiteQueen
Antar vs Dice
Pwnemon
vs PDC
Tyrannosaurusshrekt vs malefic
Haunted.Shadow
vs Psychotic*
Lady Gaga vs Royalty
Bluwing vs toshimelonhead
Mizuhime vs Zamrock
Thetwinmasters
vs Finchinator
Quite Quiet vs sugarhigh*
NotAGymLdr vs Robert Alfons
HBK vs Anty
Fireburn vs NightFox
Pearl.
vs kingmidas
Lasagne vs -Clone-
Celeberty vs Vileman
Steeljackal<3 vs JirachiCelebiMew
Tomahawk vs Fieryguns
Sunny. vs Edgar
BLINGAS ♥ vs Haruno**
justinjiaxinghu vs Sinclair
RotomPoison vs Kebabe
PROBLEMS vs Calloflochie
Santuga
vs Tricking
FLCL vs Zebraiken
Lolk vs Raducan
Level 56
vs WreckDra
TRC vs potato14798
Gizmozian
vs I Shuckle*
MetalGro$$ vs IN SKILL WE TRUST**
CarbonTheSecond vs Terraquaza
Rozykli vs Seismitoad**
Bloo vs xtrashine
Metal Sonic vs failsohard - extension
DD. vs Bedschibaer*
mien vs meeps*
TewMew vs Soulgazer
SoulWind vs TheLaughingCats**
ZoroarkForever vs aim
Jirachie
vs The Unlucky one**
Mr. Mendes vs BKC**
U-Turn Out
vs davidness
Omfuga vs Navy
Fran17 vs Mael**
Qubae vs Joryn
finalninja243
vs fatty**
d0nut vs Lord Ninjax - extension
Zendom vs JabbaTheGriffin**
Caledrith vs Quaggster
FinalFlash vs praj.pran - extension
Moonclawz vs majaspic22
Sokudi vs supersaiyan3
LinthDragon vs Toxzn*
Alf' vs steve_man
Sapientia
vs ZoroDark*
Ice Arrow vs xInsREW*
SoulDragonite vs DracoMaster Pain
Joetaku vs z0mOG
Rolaz
vs Masterclass**
Moony vs Hill
Mysteria vs Aladyyn
hausdog vs iampie**
namehtmas vs D4RR3N - extension
Magis4Life vs s_aman
absdaddy
vs Afro Smash
Darty vs Drum'n'Bass**
Marshall.Law vs LatiosPro*
DrinkWaterPT vs Made To Kill**
awesome86 vs Shaian**
kokoloko vs Brap**
Phil
vs NZ744
The Hitman vs Korby
High Impulse vs Venasuarmaster**
Anttyaz
vs Cristal
jrp vs V0x
Myzozoa
vs Charlie Bartlett*
Melodic Dystopia vs SongSing
Tele vs Laga
RigoFTW vs LzrGunPewPew**
Nabooru
vs Axily
Chisposo vs TheFourthChaser**
Fixed
vs Void**
AuraRayquaza vs radianthero156
DontStealMyPenguin
vs Mix*
ogasian vs Melee Mewtwo**
M Dragon vs ForgottenOnes**
Shuckleking87 vs Kojes*
Ry V vs MoxieInfinite*
Goomynator vs BLOOD TOTEM
McMeghan
vs IronBullet93
Aurious vs Amarillo
SparksBlade vs Rowan**
-Leon- vs Meru - extension
Elismae' vs Ditto**
chimpact vs -Manu-**
champetero vs Max Carvalho
Cranham vs UCN
Davon vs Minority Suspect
Decision Makers
vs ToBeUndone**
MasterRyuga vs TheKFC
bugzinator
vs kael**
The DragonKnight vs LLW Gao Changgong*
Dallaren vs Photo**
Benja299 vs Ger9119
ApplepieFTW
vs Darknesscrusher
Muk vs El-Soldier

Mix will be a sub. If anybody else would like to be a sub in the case of inactivity, you can post a request to do so in this thread.

Updated sub list:

Deadline:
Sunday, September 14th at 11:59 PM EST.

Standings:
You can see the current standings for Grand Slam III here.

Highlight Matches:
Thank edgar for saving us with a pairings generator.

soviet vs el poeta:

In one corner, we have the infamous el poeta; a star player interviewed for the third week of Edgar's Ubers Player of the Week. He's well-known for his intricate use of paralysis and overwhelms his opponents with homegrown strategies. However, he's not up against PROBLEMS this week. Instead, he gets to fight soviet, a player not new to having tough matchups in the first round of Ubers Opens. Back in the first Grand Slam, he was considered a new player on the rise. Now, he's the gray-bearded master who's fortunate inactivity gave me my only shot at relevance in SPL 5.

aim vs ZoroarkDarkForever:

everybody wants me to list this game but idk who this guy is. iirc he's some furry from PO so aim should have no problem smashing him.

Reminders:
Gengarite is not banned during the entirety of this Round 1. Should it be banned during this round, it will not be applied until Round 2.

* - coin flip
** - activity

Thanks to Zracknel for contributing the artwork for the tournament!

Last edited:
zoroarkforever vs aim should be good i would like to see that at least

oh and contacted

edit: oh and soviet vs poeta should be good too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)