Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Molk wins this week!

I considered adding a hall of shame for Magnemite's post but that would just encourage shitty posts which is not the point of this thread zzzzzz.

This weeks subject is:

Eelektross!

72 hours lgi

Reactions: g

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion

Eelektross (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Good coverage, decently strong STAB and access do U-turn. Perfect Choice Band user! Enough Speed for Alomomola and the rest is sort of standard. Now really, I just don't feel like sniping the obvious winner (which is Mixed Coil with Zap Cannon if anyone is wondering) and this set is actually not that bad on paper.

Eelektross @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- Giga Drain / Toxic / Protect

Ok this set is one of the best answers to Substitute + Bulk Up Braviary in the tier as it can easily break its Substitutes and is immune to Toxic Spikes meaning it is very hard to stall out with Substitute+Roost. Eelektross is also a fantastic emergency stop even if it has acquired too many boosts taking 80% Max from +6 Brave Bird (trivia but lol) and using Roar to phaze it out. You can also use Toxic when it is forced to Roost basically making it useless.
This Eelektross is also a phenomenal Doublade check taking 30% maximum from Shadow Claw, outspeeding, and always 2HKOing with Flamethrower.
You also 2HKO Rhyperior with Giga Drain while it never 2HKOs back with Stone Edge which i think it is pretty cool.
SpDef Aromatisse is a fantastic partner having nice synergy and passing Wishes as well as healing from Burn / Toxic
The first three slots are kinda compulsory as if you have Volt Switch Braviary simply subs/roosts on it and you are forced to take more damage switching back in which it sucks but in the last slot you have some freedom because Giga Drain is ditchable if your team handles Rhyperior pretty well and Toxic, Protect, and Volt Switch (which is slow and very cool) are all viable options. You can also run Volt Switch in the third slot for momentum i guess.

edit: ty alexander ;;

Last edited:

FuckStallIMONotRly @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Substitute
- Wild Charge
- Aqua Tail / Knock Off / Dragon Tail

SubCoil Eelektross can do some fun stuff like setup on Gligar, Alomomola, Rhyperior, Doublade... many of the common mons on stall. All of these mons struggle to break a sub, especially after a Coil. With the given speed evs, you'll outpace your everyday gligar and sub up on it, dodging a possible toxic, and start to reveal your FINAL FORM after a couple Coils. I personally would use Aqua Tail in the final slot as it makes Gligar and Rhyperior your total bitch, both of which would've been able to at the very least outlast you for a short while. Knock Off is also a good option, as it really furthers his stallbreaking capabilities whilst also making doublade a real weakling. Dragon Tail is a final option, as it gets 100% accuracy after one Coil (Unless I'm mistaken and it's actually two) and functions well on and against stall again. The three other moves are obvious though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)