np: XY UU Stage 3 - Calling [Diggersby: BL, Next: Scolipede]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our dictator has sinned

Anyway, ive been having a bunch of fun with togekiss, and it's just super versetile, it's only real issue is it's speed, but I feel like every drop is gonna stick around, despite some smeargle nerfing being required currently.

You can use Stored Power Togekiss as a BP Recipient. Air Slash + Stored Power + Roost lets it pull its weight when you face a team with a Dragon Tail user as it's immune to it. Someone linked me these replays of kokoloko using it http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-159944136 & http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-159945178.
Lol theyre all named kokoloko.

But, blissey really held her own in that lazt game, even withbflinch hax. Wouldnt av metagross be a counter to this team as well? Its steel typing is SE against cottonee, whimsicott and togekiss while it is barely 4hko by 200bp stored power at +2 from 0 sp atk espeon. And mementos stat drops are cancelled by clear body. Ill be playing for the first time tonight since ive heard of tbis team and will see how it does to play against...

Wait baton pass chains haven't been banned from UU yet?

Did we not learn from OU?

I hope I am wrong.

Jacks0n

formerly grassycow
Xatu could do the role just as well as Espeon with Roost > Morning Sun so I wouldn't call Espeon the main culprit here. Geomancy isn't a move thats meant to be used by just any Pokemon, and as such, indicates that Smeargle is the big problem in this situation.
yeh true enough

GeoPass + Stored Power is pretty much on the same boat as SmashPass and QuiverPass (Venomoth). It's hard to consider one broken without thinking the same about the other.

There are also several more Baton Pass strategies including Combusken BUPass, Celebi WP Nasty/SDPass and Togekiss NastyPass besides the Smeargle GeoCGPass. The amount of BPers + Espeon in the tier really makes it a stupid good strat.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Now that it's been a little while since the new drops, what's the most viable set for togekiss? Obviously there's no one right answer, but I'm just interested in others opinions. I've used lots of different variants of it in OU, but idk how they will perform in UU. I mean, there's paraflinch, nasty plot, baton pass, etc.

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Now that it's been a little while since the new drops, what's the most viable set for togekiss? Obviously there's no one right answer, but I'm just interested in others opinions. I've used lots of different variants of it in OU, but idk how they will perform in UU. I mean, there's paraflinch, nasty plot, baton pass, etc.
Nasty Plot/Twave/Roost/Air Slash will probably always be the staple set, but in UU there is a ton of good para support mons, slowking/rachi/mega amph/blissey, so it can swap out that twave slot for either a coverage move like Fire Blast/Aura Sphere or even Heal Bell if you want to preserve it and don't have a cleric.

Nasty Plot 3 attacks is also good but again almost every attacking togekiss set needs para support to be used to its full potential.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nasty Plot/Twave/Roost/Air Slash will probably always be the staple set, but in UU there is a ton of good para support mons, slowking/rachi/mega amph/blissey, so it can swap out that twave slot for either a coverage move like Fire Blast/Aura Sphere or even Heal Bell if you want to preserve it and don't have a cleric.

Nasty Plot 3 attacks is also good but again almost every attacking togekiss set needs para support to be used to its full potential.
Cool, thanks for the input - really appreciate it.

I've been using SpecsKiss, but it isn't really good lol Needs some serious support (Defog or T-Wave/Sticky Web), and can't really get past Blissey/Florges unless you get lucky with flinches. (I guess Psyshock can help with that) Not many people see it coming, so the surprise factor is nice.

After testing out Geopass w/ Espeon and togekiss, I can firmly say that Geopass is such a strong strategy in this meta, if not borderline broken. UU simply does not have the powerful mons to have hope of breaking a started chain. Smeargle can spore anything he wants, and beats espeon ( geoing on the switch, than cotton guarding allows it to live a psyshock, when it proceeds to pass). However, espeon and togekiss aren't the problem, as facing them with non-bp teams. Smeargle is the one making the boosts and creating the problem IMO.

After testing out Geopass w/ Espeon and togekiss, I can firmly say that Geopass is such a strong strategy in this meta, if not borderline broken. UU simply does not have the powerful mons to have hope of breaking a started chain. Smeargle can spore anything he wants, and beats espeon ( geoing on the switch, than cotton guarding allows it to live a psyshock, when it proceeds to pass). However, espeon and togekiss aren't the problem, as facing them with non-bp teams. Smeargle is the one making the boosts and creating the problem IMO.
Geomancy is pretty tough and even a +6 univested Espy is hard to take down. I'm running a DH team and my only option of handling this strategy is to trick a scarf onto Smeargle as it is boosting from my scarfer. Other than that, it's nigh impossible.

I thought Smeargle would've been one of the easier things to handle, but it's more of a nuisance in this current meta imo.

Baton Pass is kind of borked. I'm tired of seeing Combusken/Smeargle pass to Espeon. I don't think it's Espeon that's the issue, since it can be RK easily without the boost. But, the BP boosts to Espeon is what's making it so borked. I also want to admit that I thought Toge would've been the most used of the new drops. But, espeon is really taking UU by storm...

kokoloko Has the council been thinking about quickbanning any of the recent drops?

I feel like Smeargle is rather harmless outside of Geomancy or other Baton Pass strategies, though.

(I kinda wish we could ban the use of BP+boosting moves/abilities but that's a ridiculously complex ban)

I think the easiest thing to do would apply a blanket ban to the move Geomancy. Quiver dance would be annoying yes, as with it Smeargle would get to run Sash, but It'd still be outsped by scarfers at +1 and passing one QD isn't nearly as nearly as "GG inducing" as Geo.

Geomancy isn't inherently broken. If say, Swampert got it, it probably wouldn't be broken. It's only because of Smeargle's unholy movepool that it's a problem. Smearge is the culprit. Ban PaintDog

Sleep + Boosting Moves (especially Speed increase) + Baton Pass is broken as evident in Venomoth case. Even tho Smeargle is way frailer and a bit slower, it makes it up with insane versatility in terms of the boosting moves it can choose and Magic Coat to repel Taunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)