Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh...

• Bad...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my team for OU. I've used it a bit and it's hardly ever lost.
I'm quite new to Smogon and competitive battling. If you think my team sucks, nuggetaboutit.
Btw, I am aware my team has quite a few problems with Fire and Ground types.

Team Building Process
Being the Charizard lover that I am, I built my team around my favourite Pokémon: Megazard X.
I prefer X to Y because I'm personally a bigger fan of d-dance physical sweeper, plus it doesn't take half its damage from stealth rocks. Unfortunately it can be annoying to get him in due to regular Charizard taking so much damage from rocks, but that's what Rapid Spin is for. Also, Megazard Y is quite more commonly used than X, so most people are prepared to fight a Y. So unpredictability is good. I have Dragon Claw over Outrage, because fairies (especially Azumarill) could destroy me. Max attack EVs so it hits as hard as it possibly can, enough Speed to get rid of most of its threats, and a few HP just 'cause.

Next, I decided I better have a Rapid Spinner / Defogger so I can get a safe switch into Xzard. I decided that either Latias or Excadrill were the best options. I went with Excadrill, because Fairy types are scary. Plus, it has some great offensive potential. Really, after the Rapid Spin, it's quite a normal Excadrill. Maxed attack and speed EVs, along with Earthquake, Rock Slide and Iron Head.

Next, I need something to set up Stealth Rocks and maybe some Spikes. I personally really like Ferrothorn, so I went with that. It's a complete wall with not bad offensive capabilities, and with a nature that lowers speed + Gyro ball makes it more than just a wall. I decided to have lefties over Rocky Helmet, because I prefer tanky Ferro. Defensive EVs all round. I ended up not having spikes on it because it has quite a lot to worry about with type-wise and I'd rather not keep it in any longer than I have to.

At this point, fire is a bit of a problem, so I need something that will be able to take fire attacks quite nicely. The Pokémon that came to mind straight away was Azumarill. Assault vest Azuma can take hits quite nicely, and hit back HARD. Plus, Outrage D-nites are screwed. Maxed Attack, with Waterfall, Play Rough and Knock off for hard-hitting coverage, and Aqua Jet to make up for its terrible speed.

Now, ground is quite a big problem. Plus, I could really use a special sweeper. There are almost no special sweepers in OU, but Thundurus fits the team quite nicely. Plus, there aren't that many counters to it and Prankster is very helpful. It has a pretty good movepool as well (unfortunately not getting any decent flying type moves), and HP ice can help with threats such as Poison Heal Gliscor. It's very fast and with Life Orb hits harder than most things in OU, along with its EV spread, you can just send it in and go wild.

I didn't know what to put on my team after Thunderus. I decided anything that's decent could be filler enough. I went with Magnezone, because with Magnet Pull and its' amazing Sp. Atk, it can really cause a problem to any team. Not much to say here, probably not going to keep it on my team. It's a hard-hitter, but that's about it.

Team-In Depth

Charizard w/ Charizardite X
Blaze
72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Excadrill w/ Leftovers
Mold Breaker
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Ferrothorn w/ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Relaxed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Azumarill w/ Assault Vest
Huge Power
240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Thundurus w/ Life Orb
Prankster
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

Magnezone w/ Choice Specs
Magnet Pull
172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Feedback is appreciated, especially constructive criticism! c:

Last edited:
Not so much to say, that's a solid team. The only thing that i will change is Magnezone for this Latios:

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

That's Latios can baitkilling Heatran with EQ: 24 Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 338-400 (87.7 - 103.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

And baitkilling Scizor with HP Fire, even after Scizor switch on a DMeteor:

232 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 164-194 (47.8 - 56.5%)
-2 232 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 203-244 (59.1 - 71.1%)

Even in a double min damage it is: 47.8 + 59.1= 106.9 2HKO

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)