Media Metalheads Thread III

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Shit how didn't i find this thread before

anyway, to "introduce myself": I've been listening to metal for more or less 3 years, I started with more mainstream bands, but later on I discovered more obscure genres and less "accessible" bands. That's what I mainly listen to now:

Thrash: Slayer, (old) Metallica, Testament, Overkill, Sodom, and the almighty Kreator (my favourite band). I also love Lamb of God, which some classify as thrash

Many subgenres of Death Metal: Melodeath (At the Gates, Amon Amarth, and old albums by In Flames and Edge Of Sanity), blackened (Behemoth *-*), Technical Death (Necrophagist, Cryptopsy), and more...I also love other Polish bands such as Vader and Decapitated and other scandinavian bands such as Entombed. My favourite album remains None So Vile by Cryptopsy, by far.

Black: Immortal, Marduk, Dissection (who does not love Dissection?), Watain, Emperor.

I also listen to miscellaneous stuff from other genres such as Opeth, Candlemass, and Blind Guardian.

Ok I'll stop rambling...This is a melodeath band I discovered not too long ago which I deem pretty solid

If I scare you now, don't run from me, I've been hiding my pain you see, said if i SCARE you now, don't run from me, I've been hiding my pain you see.

Diamonds.png

A few people in here might have already heard of these guys. To those that haven't, I recommend this to fans of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Too Fast for Love-Shout at the Devil era-Mötley Crüe. I first discovered Enforcer back in 2010, they had this album Diamonds up for free legal download on their Facebook for one day. After that download I was hooked on these guys, the album's production feels straight out of a CD produced, pressed, and issued directly out of 1985-1989.

I'm hooked up with:

The chorus is beyond insane, i cant describe it...Is there any other tracks that would sound similar or as good as this?

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The chorus is beyond insane, i cant describe it...Is there any other tracks that would sound similar or as good as this?
Are You Dead Yet
has a really good chorus, but it is one of COB's best known songs so you probably already know it. Another really good one is Done With Everything, Die For Nothing from Blooddrunk...I actually used to listen to COB much more than I do now, so I am probably missing a ton of other tracks

Deathcore is my least favorite genre ever, so not a fan of Suicide Silence one bit (sorry dude). To those into thrash metal, I've been digging this local band called Sadistic Ritual since about 2011 when I saw them live opening up for Deicide. To those interested in early Kreator, Bonded by Blood Exodus, & Show No Mercy Slayer, Sadistic Ritual may be up your alley. This song is off their two track EP single from last year, they reportedly are recording and have another EP out on the way some time in the foreseeable future.

Suicide Silence are embarrassing. Once you listen to real death metal then you'll forget all about deathcore.

On the topic of great CoB choruses; Harlot is right on about Bodom Beach Terror. Others that immediately come to mind are Bed of Razors, Hatebreeder, Black Widow, Touch Like Angel of Death, and Northern Comfort.

I'd honestly like to see you give me one death metal song that I'd like. I'm just not a fan of that genre in general. It's generally the voices of the people that bother me. I'm surprised at this point I like SS. I just think Mitch's voice makes me like it TBH
On a slightly different tone, I DO like Children of Bodom.
And at least I'm not here suggesting One Direction or Justin Bieber or something lol
Deathcore is essentially the watered down version of death metal, it takes everything the extreme heavy metal fan would like about death metal in the first place away and attempts to make it as easily accessible as possible. Going on about liking Suicide Silence and not some top 40 pop orientated artists isn't a grand accomplishment when you consider deathcore is the poppier orientated version of death metal.

To recommend you some death metal, try checking out Sepultura's first album Morbid Visions, Death's Scream Bloody Gore or Leprosy albums, or Morbid Angel's Altars of Madness album. Just some entry level surface death metal to get you started and to form your own thoughts if you enjoy it or not.

Those are all great albums, although I prefer Covenant from MA. Some even better and more easily accessible stuff (in comparison to other essentials such as Massacra, Gorguts, Immolation, Drawn and Quartered, Ulcerate, and the late 80s/early 90s Florida/Sweden bands) includes Atheist's Unquestionable Presence, At the Gates' The Red in the Sky is Ours, and Carcass' Heartwork, which I'd recommend starting with before you get into the more raw stuff.

Last edited:
there's some decent deathcore, and by decent i mean stuff i don't actively want to jam a pencil in my eardrum, and can occasionally bob my head to or make "breakdown face" to.

New Exodus song featuring the first studio recorded song with Zetro in 10 years. Kirk Hammett plays a guitar solo on this, your typical Hammett soloing. I like this though, I may actually considering going to see Slayer in November if Exodus' new album is worthwhile.

I'm not sure if I'm late to the party, but Sulphur Aeon's debut album is some killer death metal. And it has possibly my favorite album art ever to boot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)