Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

So my friend and I have a bet on our matchup this week: loser has to drink a burger blended up with a beverage of their choice.
I am going to will my players to victory if I have to

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
My second fantasy football team, except with Robbie Gould > Feely cause the latter doesn't have a team currently lol. Yahoo gave me a D+ for the draft but even for a 10 team league I think I'm pretty stacked lol.

lol d plus.jpg

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Tried out a new auction strategy of spending literally every available dollar on three top 10 players and filling out the rest with $1 pickups after everyone else blew their money, this is the result:

Thoughts?

Edit: Yeah its standard scoring
I do this in baseball and I keep winning lol, team looks really good to me!

hey look jake locker with 200 yards 2 tds vs that strong kc defense :D

contrary to what justin said about locker being shit, hes just been average his entire career, just very injury prone. anyone playing derek anderson vs a lovie smith defense over him is a nut or just doesnt pay attention to things since cam newton was being like 90% reported to be out.

inb4 derek anderson 300 yards 3 tds

edit: looks like we were both wrong justin, who would have thought jake locker and derek anderson were both going to be top 5 fantasy qbs

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I care way less than I probably should right now, but I may or may not be angry later. As long as the Cowboys win, I suppose.

NOT FUCKING STARTING LIKE THAT DFHKFJGHSFJSFKSFF

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I started Jake Locker in that league, and Knowshon...feeling like a fantasy boss right now! (KC D sucks though...)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Not only did the Cowboys fail to win but Tony Romo sure contributed fuck to my fantasy effort. -_---------------------------

Getting my shit pushed in in my friend's crap league too, thanks to the awesome power of 20+ points from four doods (Bell / Green / Brown / VD) while Mr. Ben Tate floundered spectacularly for me. At least Romo being on my opponent's team here leaves the game vaguely in reach for me but my chances are still pretty slim. :[

im currently up by 20 with sanders playing (hes got 12.90 pts), while my opponent has cruz and fitz left. how slim are my chances of winning? :/

man my league C team is hot trash.

gonna be a long season.

the league i took Jamaal Charles #2 overall in...i have 59 points, Matt Ryan with 30 of those. T_T

my 3rd league team is definitely my most stacked. i'm up 154-138, and i still have Keenan Allen to play. they have P. Rivers, but i'm pretty confident here.

Ingram got 19 on the bench, i might start him over Fred Jackson from now on (who got 10).

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
man my league C team is hot trash.

gonna be a long season.

the league i took Jamaal Charles #2 overall in...i have 59 points, Matt Ryan with 30 of those. T_T

my 3rd league team is definitely my most stacked. i'm up 154-138, and i still have Keenan Allen to play. they have P. Rivers, but i'm pretty confident here.

Ingram got 19 on the bench, i might start him over Fred Jackson from now on (who got 10).
Sitting 43 points worth of players probably didnt help :p

so between Ben Tate's injury, Stevan Ridley's inadequacy, and Ray Rice's idiocy, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place in my money league. My brilliant strategy of going WR-heavy and focusing on guys like Knowshon Moreno, Darren Sproles, and Danny Woodhead backfired when they all got drafted before my picks. My RB1 is injury-ridden DeMarco Murray. How fucked am I?

luckily it's a very shallow bench league (4 spots), so there's some talent on the waiver wire (including virtually everyone's handcuff). The following RBs are all starters/in a committee and available: Chris Ivory, Justin Forsett (Ravens' 3rd stringer), Ahmad Bradshaw, Deangelo Williams, Shonn Greene. Do any of them have a shot at saving my season?

if Josh Gordon comes back I'll have enough ammunition to trade some receivers for an elite RB, possibly, but for now I seem a little fucked unless Tate can come back quickly and healthily.

also lol@ my League C RBs... Martin, Gerhart, traded Moreno for Tate, and I have Fred Jackson and Jeremy Hill. This is gonna be a long year for me at the RB position.

I would pick up Forsett for sure. He's basically the Ravens starter right now. Pierce looked terrible and he fumbled. Forsett also played with Kubiak in Houston so he must like him. Ivory would be a good pickup too.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I would've lost to everyone this week so meh, including huy by .84 points.

mop come back with that moreno+witten for gronk trade offer :(

i ended up winning in my money league because THANKFULLY, my opponents 2 remaining players were cruz and fitz who didnt do jack shit.

now i have an intriguing question for you smogoners:

a player in my league has jamaal charles. over the years he's been known for making bad trades. do you think i should offer him ellington and sanders for charles?

1. i think its fairly even, but at the same time i feel like sanders is poised to breakout this year with peyton throwing him the rock and
2. jamaal charles may end up being a bust this season, because between that horrible o-line, his nagging foot injuries, and not having the safety of having a top5 defense anymore, i feel like he may not even get near last years totals.

tldr; ellington + sanders for charles??? y/n

btw, with charles, and sanders gone, i'd have forte and charles as my starting running backs, and AJ green and alshon jefferey as my starting receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)