Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

That´s a great challenge hitoshura!
I will do the Horcruxes in any order, hope thats fine. Lokks like a struggle until i meet Lord Floatzelmort ;) Evolving beforehand and ToxicStall are both allowed I guess?!

I will now need two more Pokemon before Gardenia (Piplup will leave me most likely before Roark so one Pokemon that has a chance to defeat him might be necessary as well), which may be caught in Diamond and/or SoulSilver.

Are there still other users looking for challenges?

That´s a great challenge hitoshura!
I will do the Horcruxes in any order, hope thats fine. Lokks like a struggle until i meet Lord Floatzelmort ;) Evolving beforehand and ToxicStall are both allowed I guess?!
You can, just make sure you save those NPCs for your wizard's lizard Go buy it on steam. IT's fun

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
This thread sure looks dead. Let's breathe some life into it!

Requesting a White 2 Scramble!

Rules:

1. No starters, unless it's Snivy. I've played with both of the others.
  2. Medium difficulty. You can edge into hard, if it's doable.
  3. I reserve the right to reject a challenge.
  4. Anything else goes!
Pokemon So Far:

UllarWarlord, here's a Sewaddle for you. Call it Herbivore. The reason? It loves to eat herbs, of course! In fact, herbs are the only healing items Herbivore will accept from you! Herbivore's diet can include Grass-types, but after a lone (Bug) Bite, it generally gets repulsed by the flavor and refuses to fight another Pokemon of that specific species for the remainder of the game (what this sentence means: If Herbivore is in battle against a Grass-type, it must use Bug Bite ASAP and switch out the following turn. Herbivore cannot fight any Grass-types it already used Bug Bite on.). Herbivore must eat 15 herbs and use Bug Bite against 5 species of Grass-type Pokemon to evolve to Swadloon. To evolve again, Herbivore must eat 25 additional herbs and use Bug Bite against 10 more Grass-types. Any excess herbs or Grass-types Bug Bitten while a Sewaddle will not carry over to its evolution requirements as a Swadloon.
Good luck; have fun!

UllarWarllord, take BANNED the Drilbur. He may not have a nature that boosts Speed or Attack. (I was going to give you a Magikarp, but surprisingly, Magikarp is an endgame-only Pokemon in White 2! Who would have thought?)

BANNED was rejected from another trainer's team because of his nature, and he's scarred for life.

* BANNED may never evolve. Ever. He's too scarred from his previous trainer's rejection.
* BANNED may not benefit from items in any way, shape, or form unless and until he solos Clay. You can skip this solo if you want; however, if you do, BANNED may not benefit from items in any way, shape, or form for the entire game.

Let me know if this is too easy or too hard!

Because they're found pretty early, take Relic the Koffing. Relic is a forgotten bystander from Gen 1 who happened to sneak into a Gen 5 game. As such, (s)he remembers the good ol' days when Poison was Super Effective on Bug. As such, (s)he must solo all gym leader's Bug types, because why wouldn't you use that killer SE advantage on them? Also, being from Gen 1, he may only know attacks available in Gen 1. (S)He's also heard about this new Fairy type that is weak to poison. As such, if a trainer has a pokemon that gets retconned into Fairy type, Relic demands to fight them. There's no restriction on evolution for Relic

UllarWarlord

I give you boyfriend the male Psyduck.

Boyfriend always gets mental problems whenever his health drops into yellow range or he gets inflicted with poison, burn or confusion.
To calm down he needs to use WaterSport immediately.
If he cannot, you have to switch him out and keep him out of the battle. (WaterSport=0 PP or your boyfriend fainted)

As soon as boyfriend evolves, he remains calm in any situation.
But because he wants to impress Misty he may now only use WaterPulse as an attacking move in battles.
He needs to defeat (but not solo) at least four GymLeader owned Water type Pokemon to show his superior qualities.
Afterwards boyfriend may use any move in battles.

DYNAMIC RE-ENTRY

UllarWarlord: take Justice the riolu. a great proponent of fair play, Justice may only fight opposing Pokemon if their level is at least as high as Justice's. furthermore, Justice must solo any one gym leader or elite four member to "prove itself" yada yada stereotypical excuse for solo.

gl~~~~!!

UllarWarlord take Troll the Purrloin. It loves to screw around with its opponent, so it may only use moves only from a certain list:

-Assist
-Sand-Attack
-Fake Out
-Snatch
-Sucker Punch
-Covet
-Foul Play
-Knock Off
-Spite

In addition, it loves Assist so much that once it learns the move, it may never forget it, and it must lead every battle with it.

Updates:

Update 1
Update 2

Last edited:
UllarWarlord, here's a Sewaddle for you. Call it Herbivore. The reason? It loves to eat herbs, of course! In fact, herbs are the only healing items Herbivore will accept from you! Herbivore's diet can include Grass-types, but after a lone (Bug) Bite, it generally gets repulsed by the flavor and refuses to fight another Pokemon of that specific species for the remainder of the game (what this sentence means: If Herbivore is in battle against a Grass-type, it must use Bug Bite ASAP and switch out the following turn. Herbivore cannot fight any Grass-types it already used Bug Bite on.). Herbivore must eat 15 herbs and use Bug Bite against 5 species of Grass-type Pokemon to evolve to Swadloon. To evolve again, Herbivore must eat 25 additional herbs and use Bug Bite against 10 more Grass-types. Any excess herbs or Grass-types Bug Bitten while a Sewaddle will not carry over to its evolution requirements as a Swadloon.
Good luck; have fun!

UllarWarllord, take BANNED the Drilbur. He may not have a nature that boosts Speed or Attack. (I was going to give you a Magikarp, but surprisingly, Magikarp is an endgame-only Pokemon in White 2! Who would have thought?)

BANNED was rejected from another trainer's team because of his nature, and he's scarred for life.

* BANNED may never evolve. Ever. He's too scarred from his previous trainer's rejection.
* BANNED may not benefit from items in any way, shape, or form unless and until he solos Clay. You can skip this solo if you want; however, if you do, BANNED may not benefit from items in any way, shape, or form for the entire game.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
UllarWarlord: Take Flapper the Cheri Berry Zubat; Must hold a Cheri Berry to fight, must switch out if it loses it unless it is the last living member on your team in which case, it must roll over and die. If you save scum to prevent losing a Cheri Berry in battle, Flapper will eat up every Cheri Berry you have in your possession (i.e. dump them all and save again). Must solo a Gym Leader in order to evolve past Zubat. If you put it into your PC, then Flapper will curse you, preventing you from using Healing Items while it is in there. Oh and you must catch it before you take on the third gym.

Have fun.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Good luck; have fun!
Interesting challenge! We'll see how it'll work out, not being able to evolve until Driftveil...accepted!

Thank goodness it WASN'T a Magikarp, or I'd reject it. Drilbur is a decent enough Pokemon on his own, so this could work. Again, not being able to evolve until Driftveil is something different. Accepted!

UllarWarlord: Take Flapper the Cheri Berry Zubat; Must hold a Cheri Berry to fight, must switch out if it loses it unless it is the last living member on your team in which case, it must roll over and die. If you save scum to prevent losing a Cheri Berry in battle, Flapper will eat up every Cheri Berry you have in your possession (i.e. dump them all and save again). Must solo a Gym Leader in order to evolve past Zubat. If you put it into your PC, then Flapper will curse you, preventing you from using Healing Items while it is in there. Oh and you must catch it before you take on the third gym.

Have fun.
I'm honored, but I can't get Cheri Berries until Join Avenue...and that's not even a sure thing. Rejecting, sadly.

Just 4 to go! Will edit these into my original post once I'm home.

Last edited:
UllarWarlord

I give you boyfriend the male Psyduck.

Boyfriend always gets mental problems whenever his health drops into yellow range or he gets inflicted with poison, burn or confusion.
To calm down he needs to use WaterSport immediately.
If he cannot, you have to switch him out and keep him out of the battle. (WaterSport=0 PP or your boyfriend fainted)

As soon as boyfriend evolves, he remains calm in any situation.
But because he wants to impress Misty he may now only use WaterPulse as an attacking move in battles.
He needs to defeat (but not solo) at least four GymLeader owned Water type Pokemon to show his superior qualities.
Afterwards boyfriend may use any move in battles.

I would be happy if I could get some more Pokemon for my twin challenge run. I take up to two Pokemon from everyone who wants to suggest something.
Hey guys, I still haven´t played through my SoulSilver and Diamond game completely so I would take the chance before ORAS hits the stores to make a twin challenge.
Because both games are not my favorites when it comes to Pokemon choices. That´s why I would like to combine them to make it more enjoyable.

Please give me 6 Pokemon to catch in SoulSilver and 6 in Diamond, with hard and fun challenges with a lot of variety in between them.
Trading between those games is possible and shall be a major component of this twin challenge.

One thing to note: The first challenge rule is: No wild Pokemon may faint!
Please keep that in mind when giving out challenges :)

Last edited:
Thank goodness it WASN'T a Magikarp, or I'd reject it. Drilbur is a decent enough Pokemon on his own, so this could work. Again, not being able to evolve until Driftveil is something different. Accepted!
Um, the challange didn't say "no evolution until Driftveil." It said "no evolution at all!"

This thread sure looks dead. Let's breathe some life into it!

Requesting a White 2 Scramble!

Rules:

1. No starters, unless it's Snivy. I've played with both of the others.
  2. Medium difficulty. You can edge into hard, if it's doable.
  3. I reserve the right to reject a challenge.
  4. Anything else goes!
Because they're found pretty early, take Relic the Koffing. Relic is a forgotten bystander from Gen 1 who happened to sneak into a Gen 5 game. As such, (s)he remembers the good ol' days when Poison was Super Effective on Bug. As such, (s)he must solo all gym leader's Bug types, because why wouldn't you use that killer SE advantage on them? Also, being from Gen 1, he may only know attacks available in Gen 1. (S)He's also heard about this new Fairy type that is weak to poison. As such, if a trainer has a pokemon that gets retconned into Fairy type, Relic demands to fight them. There's no restriction on evolution for Relic

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
DYNAMIC RE-ENTRY

UllarWarlord: take Justice the riolu. a great proponent of fair play, Justice may only fight opposing Pokemon if their level is at least as high as Justice's. furthermore, Justice must solo any one gym leader or elite four member to "prove itself" yada yada stereotypical excuse for solo.

gl~~~~!!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
DYNAMIC RE-ENTRY

gl~~~~!!
Accepted!

UllarWarlord take Troll the Purrloin. It loves to screw around with its opponent, so it may only use moves only from a certain list:

-Assist
-Sand-Attack
-Fake Out
-Snatch
-Sucker Punch
-Covet
-Foul Play
-Knock Off
-Spite

In addition, it loves Assist so much that once it learns the move, it may never forget it, and it must lead every battle with it.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy

-Assist
-Sand-Attack
-Fake Out
-Snatch
-Sucker Punch
-Covet
-Foul Play
-Knock Off
-Spite

Top kek

(Accepted. Will begin Scramble today!)

Hey, I need a challenge for pokemon sapphire. Make it really hard. No trading, but other than that anything goes. Also, I may reject ideas if they are not plausible within the game. Thanks

The party so far:

* Frost Mage thinks that Water- and Ice-type moves are overpowered and thus can only use moves of those two types.
* Frost Mage must solo all Fire-type and Psychic-type Pokemon not covered by other mons' solos. This includes dual-types.
* To evolve to Marshtomp, solo Flannery. To evolve to Swampert, defeat Tate and Liza with all but two mons in the PC. Frost Mage must be one of the mons fighting Tate and Liza (not in the PC).
* Because Frost Mage believes himself to be overpowered, he will refuse to fight a Pokemon that is not a Fire-type, Psychic-type, or OU Pokemon. Pokemon that evolve into Fire-types, Psychic-types, or OU Pokemon are fair game for Frost Mage to fight.

Take Powerful the Magikarp. It may only evolve upon soloing a trainer (any trainer at all will work). It must also evolve before you reach the E4, and must somehow participate in the E4 battles.

WaffleTitan take the first Voltorb with a +Speed nature you catch and name it Strike the Voltorb. Strike loves to strike first and strike hard, hence its nature. Thus, upon learning Selfdestruct, Selfdestruct becomes the only move it may ever use. Ever. At least until it gets Explosion, which will replace Selfdestruct as the only move it may ever use until the end of the game. Solo 10 trainer-owned Pokemon to evolve. In addition, it must be in your party at all times (which means this is the other mon you are bringing to Tate and Liza). Also, it must lead against one E4 member.

Hehehehe, well if you want hard how about No one the Chimecho.
No one is pretty bummed out that people never remember it existed, because it's kinda rare and not super great. But you're not one of those heartless bastards right? No one loves Karen's speech, and wishes to emulate her ideals, so to do that it needs to solo Sydney. I can't think of any other good stipulations for it, because let's face it. This is a Chimecho. Gonna be a pain in the ass to find/use regardless

Take Buster (Ghostbuster if there's room for that) the Shedinja. Buster's entire family was massacred by a Duskull who accidentally Shadow Sneaked through their nest, and now it hates all Ghost-types. It must participate in battle against every trainer-owned Ghost-type you run across not already covered by a solo, and must solo every Pokémon in the Duskull line it comes across. It must solo two of Phoebe's Pokémon, not including her Dusclops.

Also, you have to evolve Buster into Shedinja as soon as possible. No Everstone shenanigans.
Optional (open)

Tell me if you're doing the optional bit. Double Team is your friend. If you are doing the optional part, then enter the Phoebe battle with Double Team as your first move with only 6 PP left.

Sir Viper is a chivalrous Serviper, as his name implies. He brandishes his Poison Tail sword proudly; and thus must never forget this move. He believes other Poison-type attacks to be below him, so may never learn or use any other Poison-type attack. In addittion, he dispises those who sink to biting in combat, so he may not use Bite or Crunch. Sir Viper is a very confident pokemon, and as such must learn and never forget Swagger at Lv 37.

Sir Viper refuses to hurt a woman, however, and thus cannot use damaging attacks against female pokemon. [He is; however, allowed to Swagger. His code of honor says nothing about the woman hitting themselves.] He also thinks Wallace is an embarrassment of a man and thus must prove to him and his pokemon how a real man fights, and solo his Milotic.

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
White 2 Scramble Update 1: Meetin' and Greetin'

This is my Journal - Apparently I'm supposed to write stuff in it? That's what my Mom says, anyway. My name's Valeros. Pleased to meet you?

In any case, I began my Pokemon journey today! I'm so excited to see what the future will bring. This weird girl, Bianca, gave me a Snivy, but...it didn't feel right. The Pokemon didn't quite fit me. But my friend, Alain, seems to be a perfect fit with his Tepig. It's wicked strong, seeing as he raised it from an Egg.

So I got underway quickly - but not as quick as Alain. His little sis asked me to give him a Town Map that he left behind. How could I say no to a face like that? I entered my first patch of tall grass - and immediately saw it. My REAL first Pokemon. A Purrloin. Some might say it's weak, but I saw potential in it. So I caught it, and immediately it was a bit of a trickster, always joking around. So I named it Troll. It had to work alongside Fodder the Snivy to get strong, but it was a decent force once it hit its stride. It's odd though - it refused to use any move but Assist when it learned it. Weird.

So I met this creepy old dude named Alder. Can't be THAT old though - he jumped down from a bigass ledge. Said I should train with him, after I caught up with Alain. And catch up with him I did, at the Flocessy Ranch. After trouncing him, he threw a hissy fit about the farmers that live there losing their Herdier. Dunno what his deal is, but I looked around for it.

During my search for it, I stumbled across this Psyduck. It was looking around inquisitively, as if it had lost somebody. Curious, I caught it. Apparently, it was looking for its mate. Sad that I had inadvertently seperated it, I vowed to find Girlfriend's Boyfriend. And find him I did - but Boyfriend was awfully unstable. Insisted on spraying water everywhere to calm down. Dunno how that works, but I'll roll with it!

found the Herdier soon after, with this weird dude dressed all in black. Said he was part of some Plasma cult. Sounded a lot like Scientology, if you ask me. Anyway, he flung a 'gift' at me, a TM, and ran off. Herdier was safe and sound, though. All the remained was to leave the ranch.

On my way out, I discovered a very rare Pokemon - a Riolu. It was a bitch to catch, lemme tell ya. Made me go down to my last Poke Ball. But its sense of honor won me over, so I named it Justice.

Well, after that, I helped Alder by thrashing some kids' Pokemon. It wasn't much - got to train my new party members. And when I stepped outside - this fat man was waiting for me. Creeeeeeeepy. He shunted a Medal Box at me, saying he'd give me more, and ran off. Alder came out and told me that a Gym Leader had opened up shop in my home town, so I figured I'd head back there to test out my team. What could go wrong, right?

Eager to Fight,
Valeros

Troll the Purrloin
Quirky Nature
Ability: Unburden
Level 9
-Scratch (unusable)
-Growl (unusable)
-Assist

Notes: Has been the MVP so far by virtue of being the highest-levelled 'mon. Holds its own somehow.

Boyfriend the Psyduck
Bold Nature
Ability: Damp
Level 6
-Water Sport
-Scratch
-Tail Whip

Notes: Hasn't done much yet, but appears to be mildly strong.

Justice the Riolu
Sassy Nature
Ability: Inner Focus
Level 7
-Foresight
-Quick Attack
-Endure
-Counter

Notes: Seems to be a bit thin-skinned, from his limited time in battle. But we'll see. REstriction shouldn't be TOO much of a problem, as I go through most games underlevelled, lol.

PART 2 COMING SOOOOOOOOOOOON

WaffleTitan, take Frost Mage the Mudkip.

* Frost Mage thinks that Water- and Ice-type moves are overpowered and thus can only use moves of those two types.
* Frost Mage must solo all Fire-type and Psychic-type Pokemon not covered by other mons' solos. This includes dual-types.
* To evolve to Marshtomp, solo Flannery. To evolve to Swampert, defeat Tate and Liza with all but two mons in the PC. Frost Mage must be one of the mons fighting Tate and Liza (not in the PC).
* Because Frost Mage believes himself to be overpowered, he will refuse to fight a Pokemon that is not a Fire-type, Psychic-type, or OU Pokemon. Pokemon that evolve into Fire-types, Psychic-types, or OU Pokemon are fair game for Frost Mage to fight.

PSDuckie said:
Accepted

Hey, I need a challenge for pokemon sapphire. Make it really hard. No trading, but other than that anything goes. Also, I may reject ideas if they are not plausible within the game. Thanks

The party so far:

Take Powerful the Magikarp. It may only evolve upon soloing a trainer (any trainer at all will work). It must also evolve before you reach the E4, and must somehow participate in the E4 battles.

Mulan15262 said:
Accepted!

WaffleTitan take the first Voltorb with a +Speed nature you catch and name it Strike the Voltorb. Strike loves to strike first and strike hard, hence its nature. Thus, upon learning Selfdestruct, Selfdestruct becomes the only move it may ever use. Ever. At least until it gets Explosion, which will replace Selfdestruct as the only move it may ever use until the end of the game. Solo 10 trainer-owned Pokemon to evolve. In addition, it must be in your party at all times (which means this is the other mon you are bringing to Tate and Liza). Also, it must lead against one E4 member.

AOPSUser said:
WaffleTitan take the first Voltorb with a +Speed nature you catch and name it Strike the Voltorb. Strike loves to strike first and strike hard, hence its nature. Thus, upon learning Selfdestruct, Selfdestruct becomes the only move it may ever use. Ever. At least until it gets Explosion, which will replace Selfdestruct as the only move it may ever use until the end of the game. Solo 10 trainer-owned Pokemon to evolve. In addition, it must be in your party at all times (which means this is the other mon you are bringing to Tate and Liza). Also, it must lead against one E4 member
Accepted!

The party so far:

No one is pretty bummed out that people never remember it existed, because it's kinda rare and not super great. But you're not one of those heartless bastards right? No one loves Karen's speech, and wishes to emulate her ideals, so to do that it needs to solo Sydney. I can't think of any other good stipulations for it, because let's face it. This is a Chimecho. Gonna be a pain in the ass to find/use regardless

hitoshura0 said:
Accepted! This one actually scares me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)