Wonkymons XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
Welcome to the new version of Wonkymons, a metagame from last generation. The premise is still pretty much the same: Pokemon get new abilities randomly assigned. I've changed a few of the rules, though.

• The instances of each ability stay the same*. That means there's still only 1 Parental Bond, 4 Magic Bounces, and 24 Run Aways, to name just a few.
  • Pokemon can only have the same number of abilities as before. So Mew only gets 1, Venusaur gets 2, and Blissey gets 3.
  • Unlike last generation, Pokemon can have the same abilities you'd normally see, like Pressure Ho-oh! Plus, they can have abilities they don't benefit from whatsoever, like Iron Fist Goomy. Sorry, but that's for my sanity and because sometimes Pokemon just have useless abilities irl. Deal.
  • Hard-coded abilities unique to specific Pokemon are banned because not only would they be useless on another Pokemon, they'd be insulting. They are:
    • Multitype
    • Flower Gift
    • Forecast
    • Stance Change
    • Zen Mode
    • *because of this rule, some other abilities had to fill their place.

Standard OU clauses apply, see below. As with the old Wonkymons, Ubers are unbanned to start. Bans that take place will remove the entire Pokemon and all its abilities.
  • Endless Battle
  • Evasion
  • Moody
  • OHKO
  • Sleep
  • Species
  • Swagger
  • Baton Pass
  • Banlist:
    • Tyranitar
    • Charizard
    • Mantyke
  • Pure Power /
    Huge Power
No need to mega evolve anymore. Instead just spam really strong attacks or even setup with Dragon Dance/Swords Dance/Rock Polish (depending).
  • Defiant or Water Veil /
    Regenerator
The base form can either get to +2 Attack on a predicted move/Sticky Web or avoid burns as it sets up, then mega evolve and start tearing stuff up. Regenerator is not as deadly as Adaptability, but it will make switching around easier.
  • Prankster
Purely offensive sets probably don't care about Prankster too much, but Zekrom can abuse this ability to get off a fast Thunder Wave or Substitute, hit hard with some attacks, and then priority Roost to heal as needed. Magnet Rise might be helpful in some situations. It even has dual screens, though that role may fall to Diancie instead.
  • Weak Armor /
    Shell Armor /
    Hydration
Their new abilities aren't that exciting other than they aren't the old abilities. They still have to compete with Ubers, however, so don't expect them to get out of control anytime soon.
  • Thick Fat /
    Regenerator /
    Magic Guard
These walls have gotten better abilities. How much will they help? Registeel would much prefer Flash Fire or even Levitate, but Thick Fat is still an improvement. Regirock can run with an ability that made it decent in AAA. Dusknoir may still lack reliable recovery, but no fear of Toxic is nice.

Currently playabe on Snaquaza 's server!!

Last edited:
Just things I noticed on the list

- Levitate Aerodactyl
- Aerilate Hypno .-.
- Huge Power and Speed Boost Zard
- Pure Power T-Tar
- Water Absorb Moltes
- Drought Phione and Suicine .-.
- Sand Stream Bastiodon
- Magic Guard Audino

looks fun, t-tar probably needs a quickban tho

Technician Mamoswine sounds like a nice offensive threat. Mamo can also run Contrary Superpower.

Hitmonlee gets semi-useful No Guard.

Magic Bounce Tornadus-I is semi-interesting I guess.

Adding more threats as I go along.

Last edited:

Mantyke - Wonder Guard
Mantyke is the sole user of Wonder Guard in this metagame and it only has two weaknesses - Rock and Electric. Scald can hurt Rock-type switching but it really cannot take on Electric-types. Still a cool Pokemon you can slap onto a team if you wanna patch something up, might be a threat or may not be, Shedinja surely isn't. Also, on the subject of Water-types, Simipour gets Adaptability :].

Sheer Force Arcanine gets a nice and powerful Flare Blitz...

Poison Touch Foul Play Umbreon O.o

Sheer Force buffs the power of Volcarona's STABs.

Prankster gives Diancie an interesting niche, particularly for screens.

Sand Stream Bastiodon sounds really obnoxious.

Relicanth is one of the most buffed Pokemon, getting three good abilities in Sand Stream, Marvel Scale, and Unaware.

Competitive Mega Gengar is cool. It can switch into both Defoggers and Rapid Spinners and punish them really well.

Defiant Lucario can run a nice physical set, while Gigalith can at least be annoying to Flying-type Defoggers.

There are a lot of fully evolved Speed Boost users. None of them get Baton Pass. (EDIT: never mind, Musharna) It might help Magnezone out, though.

Omastar can trap with Shadow Tag and get off some Shell Smashes, perhaps. I don't see any trappers with Perish Song, but I could be wrong.

Only Drowzee and Hawlucha get Poison Heal :/

Dusclops gets Simple + Calm Mind.

Not that it would be at all useful, but Sap Sipper Barboach has no weaknesses.

EDIT: Solar Power Pyroar

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
>Sheer Force Victini

gg meta

[more thoughts soon]

Viable stuff:

Just FWI this was made with OU pokes in mind I didn't read that ubers were unbanned ;-;

Regenerator:
Escavalier:
Really bulky with AV and deals good damage, now it can recover hp
Musharna: Ultimate pivot.
Regirock: What is this, AAA?
Scizor: moar pivots
Dragonite: it's arguable whether or not multiscale is better, as multiscale allows it to survive ice type attacks o.o

Sand Stream:
Bastiodon: The bulk is real

Sheer Force:
Aerodactyl: Got Rock Slide, as well as various fang moves
Slowking: Lots of nice moves, like psychic, scald, ice beam, etc.
Victini: gg

Serene Grace..?:
Scolipede: they see me rolling. They flinching
Vaporeon: Scald I guess

Shadow Tag:
Gourgeist Small: might work.
Omastar: Trap, setup, and sweep.

Arena Trap:
Mandibuzz: oh boy. the stall breaker is real.

Speed Boost:
Absol: baton pass
Charizard: boost then mevo for big sweeps

Thick Fat:
Gliscor: This might actually be able to counter Zard-X o.o
Machamp: bro do you even lift
Registeel: maybe?
Zapdos: ooh, this looks stally.

Filter:
Alomomola: Break me, I dare you to try

Adaptability:
Piloswine: Janitor? Maybe? E4 Flint

Tinted Lens:
Chandelure: <3
Talonflame: might still be useful for birdspam, even without priority.

Sturdy:
Omastar: Might be outclassed by shadow tag but whatever

Illusion:
Celebi: might have some use as a setup sweeper

Contrary:
Mamoswine: Superpower sweep?

Intimidate:
Azumarill: nvm this is the best charizard x counter o.o
Latias: Might be useful. It has pretty terrible typing for a physical tank though.

Technician:
Mamoswine: got a good movepool, ice shard, icicle spear, bulldoze, etc.

I'll continue updating this as I go through abilities.

I might alphabetize this if I feel like it.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
List of Shadow Tag Pokemon

• Cherubi
  • Gourgeist-Small
  • Graveler
  • Omastar
  • Persian
  • Swinub
Out of these six, I can only see 4 being used, and 2 of them (Persian and Graveler) are a stretch. However, Gourgeist-Small and Omastar are legitimately scary Shadow Tag mons, one getting SubSeed / Will-o / being a fast annoying mon, and the other one can set-up a Shell Smash and rekt everything.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Cool

Shadow Tag Gourgeist-S looks very fun. Shadow tag Omastar good also be good. Not sure about Persian.

Tornadus-I gets magic bounce, which is really awesome, considering it's the only good mon to get it.

Mantyke is actually pretty cool, like Unfixable said. It's actually really specially bulky, and can only be hit by Rock-moves, Electric-moves, or by the following Moldbreakers: Aerodactyl, Chansey (lol), Darmanitan, Gourgeist-Super, Reshiram, Swanna, Gardevoir, Muk, Leavany.

Bastiodon's defensive stats are insane with its Sand Stream boosting its special defense.

Motor Drive Mega Dactyl + Lightning Rod Mega CharY

All Gourgeists have different abilities, which is really cool.

Funny

Rain starters are limited to Trapinch and Vullaby

Sun setters are limited to Phione, Abra, Pumpkaboo, and Suicune

Suicune's two abilities are Drought and Sand Rush

Mega Heracross gets trashed with... Competitive :'(

Truant Medicham and Pickup Mega Medicham

Cress gets Sturdy, which is dumb, cause nothing really OHKOs it anyway.

The lucky recipient of Parental Bond is none other than Pansage. That 50/53/48/53/48/64 stat spread though...

- Gigalith gets Intimidate to assist its already high physical bulk, which is cool.
- New, good Defiant users are Kabutops, Lucario, and maybe Shaymin-S. Fraxure gets both Defiant and Competitive, by the way.
- Speaking of Competitive, two new users of it are Megas, being Gengar (!!!!) and Heracross (...).
- Regular Charizard gets both Speed Boost and Huge Power. Genwunners across the world are celebrating. Wigglytuff does too, which is funny.
- Raticate gets Huge Power, off of 81 attack and 97 speed. It also has good priority in Quick Attack and Sucker Punch.
- Huge Power Stunfisk new meta
- Mega Pokemon pretty much all got shafted. The best ability goes to Lucario, who gets Regenerator (sans the aforementioned Gengar).
- Cool Prankster users could be Diancie and Zekrom.

Neato meta. I'm gonna look through more!

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Camerupt gets Fissure and No Guard, GG

It's beatable but might still deserve ban, really dislikes stuff like Mantyke however so if you think it should be banned, test it a bit first. Sometimes stuff are better on paper than in reality.

Also free Fissure, we deserve it.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Regenerator Gliscor could be interesting to use, especially with U-turn shenanigans.

Intimidate Latias becomes a much better wall now.

Sheer Force Volcarona looks fairly solid, with Bug Buzz and Fire Blast getting a generous buff.

Trace Arcanine could be a devious choice, as he can swipe Huge/Pure Power and wreck stuff. Now he has superpowered Extreme Speed, Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Close Combat, etc... Could be the underdog of this metagame (Eh? EH?).

canno

formerly The Reptile
Yveltal now has Oblivious! Oblivious Wing confirm

Lapras is pretty neat - it gets both Prankster and Adaptability, and it has good stats. It's type is still bad, but its abilities are really nifty. Delphox probably still isn't good, but it won the lottery in terms of abilities - Speed Boost and Levitate are both really good abilities. Speaking of Speed Boost, Magnezone doesn't have to deal with its poor speed with Speed Boost. Meanwhile Magneton's best ability is Sturdy.

Scizor is also cool with bulky stats and Regenerator, along with U-Turn. Shame its mega got shafted and has Unnerve as an ability which is funny because normal Scizor has Unnerve

My list:

• Tough Claws Kangaskhan - All the priority
  • Toxic Boost Tyrantrum - DDance and coverage. Oh my.
  • Flare Boost Manectric - Nice Speed tier
  • Intimidate Rhypherior - Because one can never be too bulky
  • Prankster Bronzor - Boo-Boo keys with SR
  • Flame Body Ferrothorn - GG physical attackers
  • Unburden Toxicroak - Well, it has fake out
  • Hustle Flareon - Banded flare blitz coming right up
  • Water Absorb Moltres - RIP Keldeo
  • Water absorb Dusknoir - RIP Keldeo
  • Illusion Celebi - RIP Keldeo?
  • Adaptability Golurk
  • Adaptability Simipour
  • Prankster Simisear?
  • Unaware Lickitung?
  • Moody Emolga?
All the unaware users are trash. Simisage was shafted. Gale Wings Golett doesn't get fly :'(.

Iron Fist Hitmochan seems like a decent physical attacker.

Contrary Superpower Mamoswine

Huge Power Raticate is the top percentage of revenge killers. Sucker Punch and Quick Attack coming off 162 Base Attack ain't crap, doubled up with 92 base speed, Raticate is just Diggersby 2.0.

60% burn Serene Grace Vaporeon o.o

Protean Users: Pyroar, Dragalge, Something else I couldn't find.

On another note, both Metapod and Kakuna's new abilities grant them a type immunity. Scyther gets Levitate.

Hitmonchan's natural ability is already Iron Fist. And it's already a pretty terrible pokemon in standard...

Also Huge/pure power doubles your attack stat after base stat calculation. Raticate would have about ~212 base attack after pure power.

yeah there's a lot of trolly stuff like levitating flyers. You can thank the RNG for that.

Hitmonchan's natural ability is already Iron Fist. And it's already a pretty terrible pokemon in standard...

Also Huge/pure power doubles your attack stat after base stat calculation. Raticate would have about ~212 base attack after pure power.

yeah there's a lot of trolly stuff like levitating flyers. You can thank the RNG for that.
Erm, thanks for correcting me on Raticate. But you shouldn't judge Hitmonchan if he's your avatar lol.

Erm, thanks for correcting me on Raticate. But you shouldn't judge Hitmonchan if he's your avatar lol.
Heh. This avatar was actually randomly generated but I never bothered to change it. Hitmonchan is legitimately one of the worst pokemon in RU right now. It is supposed to be the more defensive of the original Hitmon duo but its low base HP and average physical defence make it unfit to perform its defensive duties. Offensively it is so outclassed by Hitmonlee that it's honestly pretty sad. Here he's managed to get the same freaking ability he gets in standard. With all these bigger threats around, he'll be even more irrelevant.

EV

Banned deucer.
There are a lot of fully evolved Speed Boost users. None of them get Baton Pass. (EDIT: never mind, Musharna) It might help Magnezone out, though.

Only Drowzee and Hawlucha get Poison Heal :/
Well Absol has Speed Boost+Baton Pass too. Also, Politoed gets Poison Heal. Maybe some use?

Camerupt gets Fissure and No Guard, GG

It's beatable but might still deserve ban, really dislikes stuff like Mantyke however so if you think it should be banned, test it a bit first. Sometimes stuff are better on paper than in reality.

Also free Fissure, we deserve it.
Yeah, OHKO clause, so. Thank god for all the Levitate Flyers if we decided to unban it tho.

btw, so, megas does not work?
Correct. :( At least not yet!

All the unaware users are trash.
I dunno, Eviolite Lickitung is pretty bulky. Relicanth also has amazing physical bulk, but it's kind of like Quagsire: glaring x4 weakness and bad Special Defense.

Edit. Derped and forgot about Meloetta-P. It gets....Cheek Pouch!

Last edited:
Fur Coat goes to...Meditite! Fully invested with Eviolite essentially gives it 30/263 physical defenses. Which...aren't exactly good. Power Trick could be fun though.

MOTOR DRIVE MEGA AERODACTYL NEW META GET HYPED

(no but seriously it'd be pretty useful to get past Electrics with EQ. Too bad it loses Tough Claws)

Rough Skin Mega Ampharos also looks cool.

Thick Fat Meganium is looking legitimately scary right now. Too bad it's weak to U-Turn.

Sturdy Mew new suicude lead!

lol poor Shedinja. At least you can't kill it with Toxic anymore!

EV

Banned deucer.
Replay I had with TheBurgerKing99 : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-161810460

I've decided to ban Tyranitar, Charizard, and Mantyke. Reasons should be obvious.
  • Even though this is pretty much theorymon, BellyZard is nigh uncounterable once it sets up besides Eviolite Unaware Rhyhorn or Lickitung I guess, but even they would be worn down with the correct coverage. Plus Zard can run Rock Slide or Thunder Punch to get past Mantyke.
  • Tyranitar's ability to Rock Polish or Dragon Dance on top of 134 Attack AND Pure Power is lolzbroken, even if this is Ubers-based. While the replay may show Xerneas living a Stone Edge and retaliating with a OHKO Moonblast (which surprised us both), Ttar still has the tools to rip apart most everything else.
  • Mantyke is only weak to 2 types and residual damage. Mold Breakers can bypass Wonder Guard, but I'd rather not go down the path that Wonkymons took last gen where every team ran a Wonder Guarder. Had WG gone to something with a handful of weaknesses, this might be a different story. Regardless, it's gone.
Also, Zekrom learns Haze from an event. Prankster just got all the better and my replay shows it putting in work.

Raticate is the new Huge Power abuser. Swords Dance+Quick Attack+Sucker Punch maybe?

I'm going to work on coding this slowly but surely. Once I find a home for it I'll let you all know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)