Tournament idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making a 1600 person tourney I hope.The top 1600 in every tier will have a tournament.From there the winners of each tourney will compete in a second tourney with the other winners to determine the best singles player in the world

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hi. This is the wrong forum for this. If you have a serious, well-considered, fleshed-out idea for a tournament, work out all the specifics and then contact a Tournament Director. However, you do not have a serious, well-considered, fleshed-out idea for a tournament.

That said, there are many fundamental flaws with your concept. First and foremost, it is unrealistic to assume that you'll be able to get 1600 players from all tiers, let alone one tier. Normally, tier-specific tournaments do not exceed 64 or 128 participants. Secondly, the logistics of a 1600-player tournament are unrealistic. Not only is 1600 not a exponent of 2, which disallows simple single elimination, but the tremendous amount of organization required to keep track of that many battles is unfathomable.

I would recommend that you lurk more before proposing any tournament ideas. Try joining the tournament room on PS! and participating in a couple of tournaments, that might give you an appreciation for the immense amount of effort and work that goes into even a simple tournament. You can also get involved with the Tournaments subforum on PS to see some of the bigger tournaments and the even crazier logistics associated with them.

sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)