Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

If you hear anything that's not on the official smash page, it's a fan recreation using bits and pieces from the smash direct / gameplay footage from demos or E3. I can guarentee you we won't hear really any of the soundtrack until someone gets the game via a broken street date.

On the subject of broken street dates, we can probably expect one some time this week. The game is finally released at about 10am EST Friday morning, but given that we were getting info from street date with brawl about 3 days early, I'd expect us to have some knowledge, likely most if not all the character roster, by the time the game launches in japan officially. Get hyped!

Laughing at Jigglypuff being the only Pokemon that needs to be unlocked*. Crying that Wolf was reduced to a palette swap of Fox, but Dark Pit got his own character slot.

*if that's the starting roster on the last page, and not just a demo character roster to show off the revealed characters

Last edited:
Only Pokemon that needs to be unlocked that we know of to be precise. The CSS still has those five open slots for another Pokemon to sneak in. Mewtwo's fans still have a little hope to hold in their hearts.

Pic of the day. This is what the view looks like within the Vault. YourTrophies collection will start off with one randomly selected trophy. In your Album, you can view pictures you've taken of fighters posing. Photos taken with the 3D Depth Slider on will take photos in stereoscopic 3D, and photos will be in 2D when they're taken with that feature turned off.

Damn, its a real shame they got rid of the stage builder from brawl :[ I for one really enjoyed building custom stages when i wasn't playing multiplayer. I suppose its understandable Nintendo made this change since they didn't want ssb4 to be as moldable as brawl was.

Damn, its a real shame they got rid of the stage builder from brawl :[ I for one really enjoyed building custom stages when i wasn't playing multiplayer. I suppose its understandable Nintendo made this change since they didn't want ssb4 to be as moldable as brawl was.
It's still a possibility for the Wii U Version. I could see the GamePad playing into it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I think the WiiU version will have a fair few extras that the 3DS version won't have. Stage builder etc would likely come under that, remember they've got a *shit* load more space than they have ever had before for the WiiU version.

I expect events etc to all be back in the WiiU version. While the Roster might be the same, and the gameplay too, I believe the WiiU version will have a crap tonne more features to play with.

Only Pokemon that needs to be unlocked that we know of to be precise. The CSS still has those five open slots for another Pokemon to sneak in. Mewtwo's fans still have a little hope to hold in their hearts.
I thought one of Lucario or Greninja would be locked. It's also weird that Luigi and Capt. Falcon have joined the starting roster.

Also keep in mind that the "Dixie Kong" Style colors were one of Diddy Kong's alts in Brawl as well. I don't think having certain style alts confirms or deconfirms anyone. If anything, I say go by the leak that successfully predicted Alph as alts for Olimar that wolf's been cut from the roster.

Also, this is great
some of these are too perfect, love the wft yoga reference

I decided to make a list of short opinions of what I think of the newcomers.
Bowser Jr.: Initially negative, I like him a bit more now that the other 7 Koopalings are likely alternates and his playstyle looks interesting
Dark Pit: Why
Duck Hunt: Since we haven't actually seen any gameplay they could go anywhere but I did laugh when I saw them in
Greninja: Pleasantly surprised, looks fun to play. Will probably use as a "secondary main"
Little Mac: GOAT
Lucina: OK, shame about Marth being nerfed so she might not be as good as she could have been
Mega Man: About time, playstyle might be a bit off-putting (considering there aren't many dedicated zoning characters in Smash)
Mii Fighters: No idea which one to use for my Mii. Probably Gunner
Pac-Man: Saw this coming a mile off. Not really a fan of Namco so some of his references might go over my head and he's apparently quite slow/sluggish so that's a bit disappointing
Palutena: Default setup is a bit generic but her custom moves are pretty cool. If there isn't a secret taunt for the Kid Icarus stage to replace Snake's CODECs I will be extremely disappointed
Robin: Is apparently very good. Might look into him/her
Rosalina & Luma: Don't have much of an opinion about Rosalina but puppet characters are fine
Shulk: Stance dancing is cool and looks practical to use often. Is fast, hits hard and has long range so I'm probably gonna pick him up at some stage
Villager: Tree looks a bit unwieldy to use. Bizarre character overall
Wii Fit Trainer: I get the feeling a lot of people are going to play her incorrectly by spamming Praise the Sun and launching projectiles

Pic of the day. In Classic mode, a roller spins before every stage to determine your reward. Rewards in red are for customization, green ones are trophies, and yellow means precious gold. Of course, if you raise the intensity, the abundance of these rewards will increase quite a bit, too. You can be rewarded in every stage, so in that way this mode might be a little more generous compared to previous games in the series.

(Comment)

And here's the results screen. It shows what you gained in each stage, but you won't be rewarded until you clear it all. If you mess up in the middle, you can lose some of them too. The fighter icons are special attacks, and icons like the shield are equipment. The icons that say Mii on them are hats and clothes for Mii characters. Icons that show characters on a stand are trophies, of course, and the coins are gold you earned.

If you own a Japanese 3DS, you can now play a demo of smash 4 by going onto the eshop. You can pick between Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Mega Man as playable characters. Battlefield is the only stage that can be selected. Images and stuff can be seen here: https://twitter.com/NintenDaan

Twitch is SWARMING with streams of the demo

Last edited:

Pic of the day. Users in Japan, you can now download the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS! You can pick among 5 fighters with which to play. The stage is Battlefield, and the rules are fixed. There will be a few items and assist trophies available too. You can battle via local wireless, so have fun battling with your friends. For users outside of Japan, stay tuned for more news about the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Screen shot is from Japanese version.

(Comment)

The only mode available on the demo version is Smash, but I also left open a feature called Tips. Just remember to tap that button. You'll figure the rest out once you do.

"For users outside of Japan, stay tuned for more news about the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS."

(Also, the "Challenger Approaching" banner for Shulk on the website has been taken down. Possibly one last character reveal remaining.)

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yeah no... If they are only releasing the demo 4 days before Japan release... We are not getting it until much later. I will be super surprised if it is as early as this Friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)