ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This just in?

Strong Jaws and Sheer Force, apparently. Ability for this guy is still unknown:

Honestly, with all the speculation going on, Gallade was the one that surprised me the most. And even Gallade wasn't really surprising either, Gardevoir being considered.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Pretty much all we expected so far. Perma Weather sounds about right, Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo everyone knew a mile off when we saw the keystones on Archie/Maxie.

Keep checking Serebii for details.

Serebii said:
Edit @ 09:33: Mega Gallade revealed
Edit @ 09:39: Mega Sharpedo & Mega Camerupt have also been confirmed. Mega Sharpedo has the ability Strong Jaw while Mega Camerupt has Sheer Force
Edit @ 09:46: Primal Kyogre has a new ability called Rain of Beginnings and Primal Groudon has a new ability called Land of Endings. They activate what is called Strong Rain and Strong Sunlight respectively. It is not known how different this is to normal
Edit @ 09:49: Mega Camerupts Speed is decreased, but every other stat is increased while all of Sharpedo's stats get an increase

I love the names of the abilities for the Primals.

Mega Camerupt looks terrible. Whilst Sharpedo looks boss.

Unsure on Wally's design but I think it'll grow on me.

Calling it now: The Mega Stones for Camerupt and Sharpedo are version exclusive, with the leader of the team you are not fighting giving you their stone after Groudon/Kyogre awaken.

Mega Camerupt looks kinda awesome to me. Sharpedo gets some extra spikes to become even more of a bully. Strong Jaw + Crunch sounds like a neat thing to have. Sheer force + Earth Power/ Fire Blast / Flamethrower + Stab is wowzers since its attacking stats at base are 105 each
Edit: It also gets Flash Canon, Ancient Power ( Egg ) and Eurption as well.

Mega Camerupt with sheer force, more att/spa and less speed ? It's screaming for TR.
Mega Sharpedo seems bad. Strong jaws only boost crunch/ice fang...
I hope they will increase Gallade's defense and NOT its spa.

So Sharpedo now turned into a swordfish :P

I don't like it losing Speed Boost. You can technically Mega at +1 with it switching in, but not with those defenses

This just in?

Strong Jaws and Sheer Force, apparently. Ability for this guy is still unknown:

Honestly, with all the speculation going on, Gallade was the one that surprised me the most. And even Gallade wasn't really surprising either, Gardevoir being considered.
Ugh. These are gonna take some getting used to.

Competitively, we shouldn't write Mega Sharpedo off yet. We don't know what it's base stats will be or if it will have any more Jaw moves.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
New Abilities? That's a strange, new presedence for sure. If they do follow through with patch shenanigans, Gen. VII (or even the inevitable X/Y third game) could be very exciting. No hacking and leaking until GameFreak wants us to know. I guess we will know for sure when GameFreak decides to tell us if the Primal Formes are compatible with X/Y or not. If they aren't, the new moves and abilities (so far only confirmed for Primal formes) need not get in contact with an X/Y cart at all, and there would be no strict need for a patch. Though, it'd be interesting to see what would happen if the new abilities were hacked onto an XY-compatible 'mon, which was then traded/used in battle.

EDIT: Serebii just revealed that Groudon's new move is called Cliff's Blade. That's right, you heard it from me first!

Last edited:
Mega Gallade will most likely mirror Mega Gardevoir's stats. So I'm predicting 68/165/65/85/135/100 (+40 Atk, +20 SpA, +20 SpD, +20 Spe)

165 Base Attack and 100 Base Speed while having 135 Base SpDef?! And has Shadow Sneak for Priority? It's gonna be a monster. I wanna know it's ability. (Predicting Super Luck)

Oh and Kyogre reclaims the Ubers Throne from Xerneas!

In light of the reveal of mega-Gallade, I would like to revisit the "Gardevoir VS Gallade" as Wally's signature Poke debate.

I was actually pro-Gardevoir before the reveal, because: (just summarizing some of the pro-Gardevoir arguments from the community back then)
1) Gardevoir was the original signature poke back in RSE (though to be fair, Gallade didn't exist in Gen III)
2) Just because Wally is a boy doesn't mean he has to have a Gallade
3) Flavor wise, Gardevoir is a "guardian angel" type of figure to Wally, who was prone to illness

The mega-Gallade reveal changes some perspectives. I think the design fits Wally surprisingly well.
It's not overly macho / bulky. There is an air of elegance about it and mega-Gallade reminds me of a white knight.

Not that I suddenly hands down prefer Gallade to Gardevoir, just saying I would be happy seeing any of the two.
Maybe Wally can even use Gardevoir or Gallade depending on the version. That works as well (though I don't think it's likely).

This is amazing! I love all the info we received, 0 complains. Most of information was obvious to some degree but even then it's good to have it officially confirmed.

M-Camerupt looks and is better than I tought I can't wait to use it it's sure it will be a powerhouse and it can take some hits with that amazing type it has.

M-Sharpedo is not bad but out of crunch I don't now what others moves it can use. Good to know it will have an increase in all stats even in defense as frail as it is.

M-Gallade as someone said I think it will have mirroed stats too I wonder if it will have a type change and a decent ability. It could use the Bulk up+Drain punch set better.

Wally looks better than before as it wouldn't be getting as sick as in the original games.

M-Groudon and Kyogre's names of abilities makes me think that any other pokemon who is an ability weather inducer that would have a Mega it wouldn't get the weather ability boost.

Also we have the name of the new move, I wonder how GF will do the compatibility issues with all the new stuff.

Last edited:
Mega Gallade will most likely mirror Mega Gardevoir's stats. So I'm predicting 68/165/65/85/135/100 (+40 Atk, +20 SpA, +20 SpD, +20 Spe)

165 Base Attack and 100 Base Speed while having 135 Base SpDef?! And has Shadow Sneak for Priority? It's gonna be a monster. I wanna know it's ability. (Predicting Super Luck)

Oh and Kyogre reclaims the Ubers Throne from Xerneas!
Not super luck please... It's shitty. And gallade's defense wants some love.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Oh!! I love all the 3 new megas!
They all look so cool!

Can't wait to use Mega Gallade. I like his cape thing. The helmet looks wonderful too.

Note: They did specifically mention "knight" in the scan!

I also have a sinking suspicion of super luck for Mega Gallade what with all those crit inducing moves it has. Which would be...extremely deadly to say the least (100% crit rate (stage 4 crit level which is 100% these days) to effectively give high base power moves from around 165 attack). In terms of looks its amazing, its cape makes it look like a super hero. Its definitely one of my favorite looking Megas out there.

I'm not sure im sold on Mega Sharpedo's design it just looks at bit messy and all over the place. Strong Jaw will hurt things a lot with crunch and ice fang, not a bad ability. It will be a dangerous poke as it can use speed boost for a while and then go Mega to kill things.
Mega Camerupt makes me laugh with its angry face and it being a walking volcano, I love it! It will be fail but it will pack a hard punch on both sides of the offensive spectrum, could be a good wall breaker. I'm glad its speed went down so it will have more power.

Sea of Beginnings and Land of endings... well that explains the alpha (beginnings) and omega (endings) part. I have two guesses what strong rain or sun will be like. I think it will either be perma rain/sun like good old 5 gen mechanics. And/or it could act as a fire and water immunity respectively while the weather is in play. That would make sense as Groudon is expelling the water from the environment (to make more land) so water moves do nothing and likewise with Kyogue giving out water everywhere so no fire.

Last edited:
Anyone thinks Mega-Camerupt looks like regular Camerupt fused with the Slugma line?
It kind of irks me a bit.
No way, it looks a lot better imo, before it wasn't so fluffy and didn't look like a volcano from upper view and those ugly zeros where taken out with rocks and magma also it has a face full of confidence.

Wait so Super Luck would bump all high-crit moves to 100% crit for Mega Gallade?
That would be a huge boost if true. Remember aside from 1.5X base power, the major upside of critical hits is they bypass defensive boosts.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So Sharpedo now turned into a swordfish :P

I don't like it losing Speed Boost. You can technically Mega at +1 with it switching in, but not with those defenses
I think it's more likely to be a Saw shark.

You can use Protect first turn for the boost, and then Mega on 2nd turn.

Wait so Super Luck would bump all high-crit moves to 100% crit for Mega Gallade?
That would be a huge boost if true. Remember aside from 1.5X base power, the major upside of critical hits is they bypass defensive boosts.
Super Luck only increases Critical Hit Ratio by 1 stage. You need 3 or more to reach 100% Critical Hit ratio. High Crit moves are +1 which will make it +2. So it'll have a 50% chance to Crit.

Assuming it has Base 165 Attack.
252+ Atk Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W on a critical hit: 274-324 (90.1 - 106.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)