ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to the party but OMG MEGA GALLADE!

Been waiting for this dude to get a MEvo since Gardevoir was given one. Am hoping for a great ability to set him above the rest and I LOVE the upgraded model.

Also, one thing I've noticed is that while Amie seems to be making a return, nothing has been mentioned about Super Traning, I'm hoping that it does of course but also that it's more interesting than a simple goal game.

We have Mega Slowbro, Audino, and Sableye as defensive megas. Mence is said to have a soaring defense stat and the already-bulky Altaria now has 7 resists and increased bulk.

If anything these megas should excite tbh

Bored with all these offensive mega evolutions.
We don't even know the stats for megabro or mega audino. They could make excellent walls but really megas are hard pressed to be walls unless you have a reliable recovery move. Things like AV and leftover/toxic orb are wall's bread and butter. I sure would like a wall mega but I don't see how it's very feasible in how the game meta is.

We don't even know the stats for megabro or mega audino. They could make excellent walls but really megas are hard pressed to be walls unless you have a reliable recovery move. Things like AV and leftover/toxic orb are wall's bread and butter. I sure would like a wall mega but I don't see how it's very feasible in how the game meta is.
Mega Audino has been stated to have it's defences increased while Mega Slowbro has been stated to have it's defence and special attack increase so

image.jpg

I feel so late to posting, but Mega Sharpedo looks like some type of missile. That's 99.9% the concept design though, I will admit that. M-Sharpedo is definitely built to resemble some sort of aerodynamic beast, possibly like that of a Saw fish? It reminds me of both a Saw Fish and also a Great white, but more so the Saw Fish.

I'm honestly more than a little worried about the future tiering and how this will affect the metagame, just from concept designs alone this thing looks like a beast. (I can only hope that it still gets Speed Boost, that was a killer ability!)

As for Mega Camerupt, I'm actually kind of disappointed with what GF did. I was expecting something completely badass, like a Torkoal/Camerupt hybrid. Smoke billowing, maybe some dripping lava.. that would've made the entire thing better. But, I'll give GF props and admit that they didn't do too terrible! It still looks kind of cool, even if I am feeling like it has a constipated expression from the Serebii Scans.

Mega Audino has been stated to have it's defences increased while Mega Slowbro has been stated to have it's defence and special attack increase so
It was in response that they were saying that there was no defensive megas. I meant it in a way that those two could be defensive megas but its a little difficult for a mega to pull it off cause they can't have the normal items a traditional wall would have.

View attachment 26054
(I can only hope that it still gets Speed Boost, that was a killer ability!)
Mega Sharpedo has the ability Strong Jaw while Mega Camerupt has Sheer Force. Mega Gallade's ability has not been confirmed yet.

Mega sharpedo is also gonna get buffs to all of its stats. I hope it's defenses actually become decent because without speed boost its not gonna be able to stay in for long.

That being said however, I love its design, and oddly enough I love mega camerupts design as well, both seem to get improvements of the original. The idea of Wally getting mega gallade may show him as an actual difficult trainer in the future as well.

It was in response that they were saying that there was no defensive megas. I meant it in a way that those two could be defensive megas but its a little difficult for a mega to pull it off cause they can't have the normal items a traditional wall would have.
They have instant recovery and sableye has magic bounce and can boost without being taunted or statused

They have instant recovery and sableye has magic bounce and can boost without being taunted or statused
Oh dear. I guess I mucked up what I was trying to get across. I was saying that there are probably defensive megas coming in the remakes. The reason why that most mega are being used offensively is that A) they can't hold normal items that a wall would have B) Some people find "wasting" you mega slot on a defensive pokemon silly and prefer to use them as offensive pokemon and C) Many megas are frail pokemon anyway.

The post I was originally replying to said they were sick of offensive megas. I was offering an example of how slowbro and audino can fit that bill but regardless of whatever GF does to them, a mega as a wall could theoretically be difficult but I would like to see it pulled off.

So, Mega Gallade...
Psychic/Fighting or Fairy/Fighting?
Fairy Fighting looks the most possible, since they are making an effort to introduce more fairy types and dual types. That said... Gallade doesn't learn Play rough, unless revised or move tutor, so it would admittedly be rather troll. Though Pixilate would bypass this. Then again GF doesn't like Gallade so it might just work out.

So, Mega Gallade...
Psychic/Fighting or Fairy/Fighting?
Psychic/Fighting, methinks. Psychic is arguably the core to the Ralts evolutionary tree, with Fairy only added later. Gallade's core is the Fighting-type to make it a contrast to Gardevoir, and in reference to the fact that it is modeled after a gladiator-type helmet. The possibility of Fairy/Fighting is there, but I think that would be noteworthy enough in CoroCoro to have noted (unless we haven't seen all of it yet, which is distinctly possible given we don't have Kyogre's move yet).

EDIT: Oh crap I didn't notice the "cape" that Mega Gallade has. Which could be argued look like wings, or what the psycho Fairy-type Kalos gym leader had. Now I don't know what to think... Maybe the fact that they didn't mention typing or ability yet is to build hype for it. Crap I don't know anymore...

Psychic/Fighting, methinks. Psychic is arguably the core to the Ralts evolutionary tree, with Fairy only added later. Gallade's core is the Fighting-type to make it a contrast to Gardevoir, and in reference to the fact that it is modeled after a gladiator-type helmet. The possibility of Fairy/Fighting is there, but I think that would be noteworthy enough in CoroCoro to have noted (unless we haven't seen all of it yet, which is distinctly possible given we don't have Kyogre's move yet).
We definitely haven't seen it all since we don't even know his ability, the leek just focused on his picture and omitted the details, so we should find out by the 12th,

Minor thing but look closely at the Mega Sharpedo picture on Serebii... The Sugimori artwork has spikes along the "nose", the the in-game model to the upper right of it does not. That might be a model thing from a slightly incomplete game, or it could be something else. If not a model error, then I think it's either a gender difference, or the spikes are... retractable... into the nose.......?

I'm honestly expecting Fairy/Fighting myself. Other than the fact that Psychic was originally the "main" type of the Ralts family, pretty much everything else points to Fairy/Fighting. like the fact they've thrown Fairy type only every third mega. Also most people think of Psychic and Fighting as opposites. So Fairy/Psychic and Fairy/Fighting are good contrast with each other for the two different evoltionary paths. At the same time You'd kind of think regular Gallade would be Fairy Fighting already though...
At any rate, if Fairy, then Pixilate, Play Rough, and or another Fairy move new in ORAS are all possibilities. But it will certainly have a Fairy STAB. Fighting and Fairy is a crazy awesome offensive pairing (especially with the option for a solid Psychic coverage attack on Poison types) but it also has a butt ton of weakness. Still I like the idea of Pokemon that give us new type combinations.

I'm honestly expecting Fairy/Fighting myself. Other than the fact that Psychic was originally the "main" type of the Ralts family, pretty much everything else points to Fairy/Fighting. like the fact they've thrown Fairy type only every third mega. Also most people think of Psychic and Fighting as opposites. So Fairy/Psychic and Fairy/Fighting are good contrast with each other for the two different evoltionary paths. At the same time You'd kind of think regular Gallade would be Fairy Fighting already though...
At any rate, if Fairy, then Pixilate, Play Rough, and or another Fairy move new in ORAS are all possibilities. But it will certainly have a Fairy STAB. Fighting and Fairy is a crazy awesome offensive pairing (especially with the option for a solid Psychic coverage attack on Poison types) but it also has a butt ton of weakness. Still I like the idea of Pokemon that give us new type combinations.
main problem is that mega evolving never changes primary typing. Plus it gets like, no fairy moves.

I'm desperately hoping for a fighting -ate ability.

I haven't really given my general thoughts on the leak yet, so here I go.

Sharpedo is amazing. With speed boost, this thing's already amazing, but since I don't see them not giving it ___ fang moves, it's definitely OU material.

Camerupt is less exciting. That speed, combined with less than stellar defenses don't strike me as OU material.

Gallade's the interesting one. I desperately hope it gets a fighting version of pixilate, because it has the bulk to be a very good attacker even without especially good speed, and returns over CCs would be amazing. It's got SD to sweep defensive teams, shadow sneak for revenge killing, maybe bulk up sets, and great coverage. I don't see it not being just as good as Gardevoir.

main problem is that mega evolving never changes primary typing. Plus it gets like, no fairy moves.
This and the last thread have proven that relying entirely on precedent leads to being incorrect. Plus... I don't think we ever had a Mega whose typing is entirely different from the base stage's first form, hm? //Altaria
Not having fairy moves is no problem. Heracross got Pin Missile, Rock Blast etc., Blastoise got Aura Sphere and the Pulse Moves, Ampharos got Dragon Pulse...

Tory

Banned deucer.
Noo-ooo, Are you serious? Wally's Pokemon is Gallade over Gardevoir in the remake? There is something that I got to say. FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK. Gardevoir is so much more superior, at least she gets to use her movepool while the other one doesn't.

Archie's & Maxie's mega Pokemon is not Crobat? It is Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt instead? Aww SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT!

Well, on the other hand. Like the news about Primal Kyogre & Groudon. Sea of Beginnings and Land of Endings. If I had to take a guess what it does... There are permanent weather. And Land of Endings may boost ground attacks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)