Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

I'd like to try my hand at Mega Sharpedo, given the sprite posted here was taken without permission, plus I've been working a bit on one anyway.

Ok well first of all I want to sat this is looking great! n_n

Just wondering though what exactly are these pixels doing here and why they are here.

Also tried to remove that weird spot on the curve of its tail thats thicker than every other part:
Ah, whoops, I forgot to remove those pixels. See, I don't make transparencies, so when I post sprites up on DeviantArt, I just make the background the shade of the site.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok well first of all I want to sat this is looking great! n_n

Just wondering though what exactly are these pixels doing here and why they are here.

Also tried to remove that weird spot on the curve of its tail thats thicker than every other part:
I think its important to make sure you make a set of wings flapping down too since most flying pokemon sprites have at least 2 different wing poses. But I think it looks really nice. Wouldnt mind animating it when its done. :]

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Hmm I've been looking at Mega Sableye as well, I'm trying to push the new megas with release in November.

consider that the available colours, Mega Sableye needs the smile, it's why I added the yellow and removed one of the useless blues. This will likely require a more custom head, perhaps a different angle and it will help with how awkward I currently find the fronts head spikes.
I'll try that now. Gonna be streaming it while I do Mega Shapedo. so if anyone wants to watch and give feedback, help yourself.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Alright! Time for Mega Sharpedo's brand new sprite!
upload_2014-9-10_21-3-37.png

Mega Sharpedo was a pain but fun to make (probably because I had several people to help but hey) The nose still bothers me a little on the bottom but it works as of now. The base used was the original RSE sprite for Sharpedo, but of course it was heavily modded. If anyone has a problem with the nose, feel free to Qc or even redo it.
Wasn't able to do Sableye or any of the Pikachu during the stream but I will most likely get to those on friday, sunday or saturday so stay tuned for a stream during then.

I'd like to thank Cynical, Typhlito, Pom and Layell along with anyone who came to see but I didn't notice coming in, for stopping by helping me out with the new sprite or even just coming to chat, I had a very fun time! I hope you guys come on over to the next sprite or even just a normal gaming/drawing stream.

As said my next major sprite update will probably be over the weekend or on friday (perhaps all 3 idk).

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Alright! Time for Mega Sharpedo's brand new sprite!
View attachment 26120
Mega Sharpedo was a pain but fun to make (probably because I had several people to help but hey) The nose still bothers me a little on the bottom but it works as of now. The base used was the original RSE sprite for Sharpedo, but of course it was heavily modded. If anyone has a problem with the nose, feel free to Qc or even redo it.
Wasn't able to do Sableye or any of the Pikachu during the stream but I will most likely get to those on friday, sunday or saturday so stay tuned for a stream during then.

I'd like to thank Cynical, Typhlito, Pom and Layell along with anyone who came to see but I didn't notice coming in, for stopping by helping me out with the new sprite or even just coming to chat, I had a very fun time! I hope you guys come on over to the next sprite or even just a normal gaming/drawing stream.

As said my next major sprite update will probably be over the weekend or on friday (perhaps all 3 idk).

I think this fixes your problem with the mouth/bottom of the nose. n_n

edit: also personally I think the bottom fin thing should be much bigger and the nose needs to be a little smaller

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form

I think this fixes your problem with the mouth/bottom of the nose. n_n

edit: also personally I think the bottom fin thing should be much bigger and the nose needs to be a little smaller
Yeah, Typhlito and I had ahard time with the dorsal fin (I think that is what it's called?). We have decided on that for now as we don't know how it should be completed.
a lot of us were having a hard time figuring out the nose, as I couldn't make it too stiff nor could I make it too organic.

I like your edit, but it makes it look more I don't know, wide jaw I guess is how you would put it?

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
some of the pokemon have female forms
so shouldn't the megas too have female forms

if they do have then here
No gender and form differences are not included in the megas. If you look at some in game models like venasaur you can see they more based off official artwork and not forms. In fact sometimes their shiny forms carry the gender difference if it's a simple pallets swap like gyrados' whiskers.

Edit: Just realized Gallade has a cape now for some reason. I'd hold back on making a better cape for now, I think we should wait until Layell finishes his Mega Gallade.

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
mega gallade
The Gallade looks a little odd. The red doesn't seem to be on the blade itself. I think the triangle should be smaller too. Arms should be thicker. But I think Axl should really do it. Even if it is a simple edit.

Btw for those of you watching I plan to do a stream at 3:30PM central time will end at about the latest of 12:00 AM central.

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I have some Slowbro touch-ups

I realized the problem is that despite being less pink overall... we needed a fourth pink for all the shade going on. Luckily this one has a closed mouth and I could fit it in. Hope that doesn't curse me later.
Something tells me that it will be affected as having another shade of purple (if shiny is purple) along with the shell becoming yellow. Mostly with those spots on the shell. The hole where the arms go still bother me and I think we should make it more rectangular like the art shows.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Editing more sprites on stream I'm planning to edit Sableye finally, along with Loppuny and anyone else if I have time.

Edit: I'm making Mega Salamence seems like no one is bothering to take it.

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
WARNING HUGE SPRITE AHEAD!
upload_2014-9-12_22-14-39.png
upload_2014-9-12_22-20-54.png
yeah this thing is huge almost fills the edges and I actually had to scale it a bit. I did not create the spite alone, Cynical made the main thing of it guess. he let me use what he had done. Typhlito also helped out with giving several idea mostly on the wings and other hard to work areas. So yeah those to definitely deserved the credit as well. I added two different version, one with the tail in from of the wings and one with the tail behind them.
We also have another version where Salamence is going horizontal not vertical. Cynical and I decided this way looked better, I can still work on the other version but it might not fit the box, this one hardly fit the box itself. But if still needed I wouldn't mind doing it.

As for Mega Sableye, I honestly tried to fit in it's teeth and grin. I can't make it fit at all with making it taller (which it shouldn't be as it's the same height as normal Sableye. And in order to make the teeth look neater we need another, which would overflow the color pallet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)