XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what about a set for TR Azumarill(benefits from it a lot, faster Play Rs and Waterfalls)? i would love to do it.
Wouldn't that just be one of the sets Azumarill already has on its analysis?
Sure, TR Azumarill would run a Brave nature and 0 Speed IVs, but I really don't think that's worth dedicating a whole new set for.

Wouldn't that just be one of the sets Azumarill already has on its analysis?
Sure, TR Azumarill would run a Brave nature and 0 Speed IVs, but I really don't think that's worth dedicating a whole new set for.
nope it isnt, plus due to its already low spd, why not? it gets set up, priority for after TR faids away.
Edit: can i take over Noivern pls, it hasn't been touched in a while

Last edited:

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
nope it isnt, plus due to its already low spd, why not? it gets set up, priority for after TR faids away.
Edit: can i take over Noivern pls, it hasn't been touched in a while
Trick Room sets are things that can be made with common sense: just use a Speed lowering nature and adjust EVs accordingly. Unless a Pokemon is particularly skilled at functioning under it, there's no need to do extra work and make a separate set for it, especially if it's already similar to one of its main sets.

You are also advised to contact the owner of the analysis before coming here.

If the Garchomp revamp analysis is open, I'd like to reserve it. Saw it in the unreserved list and thought 'hey, I use Chomp a ton on serious teams, I know how its major sets work, why not write an analysis?'. Thanks in advance (I say this all the time).

Hi, I would like to reserve Magneton. Although he has been rejected, that was waay back in December and he has since found a niche over Magnezone in being able to run a scarf set that outspeeds both Greninja and jolly Talonflame. He gets the same important kills as choice scarf Magnezone, 2HKOing both Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, and OHKOing physical Skarm. He also has a 68% to OHKO special skarm after stealth rocks, which is not bad. For these reasons I actually believe choice scarf Magneton to be superior to choice scarf Magnezone and deserving of an analysis.
Yeah being locked into thunderbolt sucks but scarf Magnezone has the same problem so I don't see why it should be a reason to keep Magneton rejected.

(Yes, my ban expired today.)

Jukain told me last night that I could reserve Wobbuffet, so I think you know where this is going.

Requesting to take over Thundurus-T. I'd be up to start from scratch again, use Swamp Link's work and implement checks (and change stuff on my own like banned Pokemon etc) and just redo it general because metagame has changed a bunch. Jukain

EDIT:
Got permission from Jukain on showdown n_n!

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Jukain or dice : I think Gengar's utility attacker set is outdated and should be changed to a Hex set (for the sake of crushing any given stall by blowing Specially Defensive Gliscor away). Since Gengar's counters have shifted (see Gliscor), and since Gengar gets more and more popular, I believe that adapting the set would be needed.
I can do it, I just built a team based on this specific set, if I'm allowed to.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jukain or dice : I think Gengar's utility attacker set is outdated and should be changed to a Hex set (for the sake of crushing any given stall by blowing Specially Defensive Gliscor away). Since Gengar's counters have shifted (see Gliscor), and since Gengar gets more and more popular, I believe that adapting the set would be needed.
I can do it, I just built a team based on this specific set, if I'm allowed to.
go for it

i also want someone to do a taunt 3 attacks lo set which is really just such a fucking threat. it's fast and good against every teamstyle, nothing wants to take a hit and overall it's one of the hardest things to play around if used correctly.

Soulblaster this is no personal affront to you but i'd really prefer someone with more experience to do chomp if possible

chesnaught update is up for reservation, spikes / wood hammer in the last two slots as the only slashes.

dnite analysis needs fixing considering fire punch > eq on dd & tpunch + superpower > fire punch + eq on band and in general it's an old/outdated analysis. someone update this.

landt needs an update too all of the spreads are bad (there's no speed on defensive, some stupid really offensive spread on double dance, and whatever the fuck the scarf spread is supposed to be) and misc stuff like things being slashed into defensive that shouldn't be there (looking at rocky helm and knock off and in general this could be better considering landt's role as the best scarfer in the tier.

lastly ttar needs some general stuff like ice punch on scarf, a not ass spread on smooth rocks, maybe a sash set, can slash some other stuff into dd eg superpower and in general eq isn't necessary at all.

Jukain could I please try? I work with chomp a lot and know how its major sets work :x
Sorry, I called it first. Am finishing up the analysis, will probably run it by a friend and submit it over the weekend.

As for other mons, I can do pretty much anything, though I'd probably prefer Lando-T as I also use it a lot and I have a few custom spreads for it (primarily for taking on Talonflame+M-Pinsir when Scarfed), plus I know all of its roles nicely and I know the major speed benchmarks to hit. Do I get the go-ahead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)