XY RU First try in building a team - Rain Team with Trick Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is my first time trying to build a team, and I want to try out different strategies. I would like any type of recommendation.

I started my deck wanting to use serene grace. To me, the doubling chance of status effect is extremely powerful and noticed that, pairing it with Thunder, provides a 60% paralyze rate! The problem is that, serene grace is only available on a handful of pokemon and Blissey is among one of them. Therefore, I decide to try to use Blissey to take advantage of Thunder Serene Grace.

Two problems arise: 1) Thunder only have an accuracy of 70%. As a result, I need rain to properly uses it. 2) Blissey is extremely slow, so I would need trick room to make sure she goes first (and land the paralyze). That's why I come to this team.

The list of pokemons are as follow:
1) Politoed (drizzle)/damp rock/Def,Sp Def - My rain inducer lead. Main purpose is to set up rain and start setting up toxic. Moves: Toxic, Perish Song, Rest, Sleep Talk.

2) Dusclops (???)/eviolite/HP, Sp Def - My main trick room user (defensive). Moves: Trick Room, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, Shadow Sneak

3) Blissey (Serene Grace)/Rocky Helmet /Sp Att, HP - My main Sp Attacker, Mostly damaging attacks (also ice beam to take care of grass type). Moves: Physic, Thunder, Ice Bream, Softboiled

4) Slowbro (Regenerator) [Will use Megastone in the new games]/ (???) / Def, Sp Att - My second trick room user. Moves: Trick Room, Scald, Psychic, Blizzard

5) Escavalier (Shell Armor) / (???) / Att, Def - My main Attacker, mostly damaging attacks. Also to get rid of grass types. Moves: Mega Horn, Iron Head, Drill Run, Knock Off

6) Dragonite (Multi-scale) / (???) / Sp, Sp Att - My surprise speed attacker, all of which is focused on the offensive. Moves trying to take advantage of rain. Moves: Hurricane, Thunder, Surf, Focus Blast.

I feel like my team is a little weak against physic type, also not having any ability to deal with entry hazards. Any recommendation is appreciated.

Attachments

This team is REALLY confusing. You have two OU Pokemon and a UU Pokemon on a team that's tagged as an RU team. Your formatting could also use improvement. I guess I can say that you should never be using Blissey offensively. Never. If you want to abuse Serene Grace, Jirachi and Togekiss are exponentially better than Blissey. Other than that I really don't know what to say.

you need at least three lines of description for each pokemon in order to explain the choices in the pokemon and sets. take a look at the rmt rules and other rmts to see what's expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)