ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
At least Mega Gallade will be a decent answer to Mega Kangaskhan in Doubles given that Fake Out is everywhere in that area but...

Yeah Inner Focus is bad otherwise. I was personally expecting an offensive ability, but not Inner Focus...

Fun Fact: Gallade's abilities (normal and mega combined) is the same as normal Lucario's abilities.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
KYOGRE'S MOVE:
Origin Wave sounds neat... but still don't know anymore about it besides that. As I said for Groudon, if I was to compare it to another Move I'd make it a Water-type Blue Flare, because otherwise use Surf.

MEGA RAYQUAZA:
WOOT! That's really what I have to say until more info about it comes out (they could at least show us what it looked like...).

MEGA GALLADE INFO:
Psychic/Fighting, fine, as I said it's the Ralts family main type.
Inner Focus? I guess they wanted a sort of evolve form or Steadfast? "What is the evolved form of getting a stat boost from flinching?" "Not flinching?" "YES! Good, give it Inner Focus!". Meh, as long as its stats are good it having a non-Ability may not mattered (though after what was brought up about it being affected by Will-O-Wisp I was thinking it should get Guts. Actually if they wanted to make it a counterpart to Mega Gardevoir they should have given it an Ability to turn Normal-type moves into Fighting-type moves. Fighting-type Return...)

DEMO DEAL:
Ooh, how interesting. So there's going to be a Mega in the demo which you'll be allowed to transfer to your main game AND if you play everyday something special will happen. Surely this means the U.S. is getting this demo, right?

And now onto responding to the mass of new posts!

You guys may notice Wally does indeed have a slight costume change; He has his grey petticoat buttoned up early on, but by the time he's MEvoing his Gallade, he's got it unbuttoned and flying open, I suppose in some sort of manner to show that he doesn't need to worry about himself as much.

eau de plot develepemante
Woot! Just as I predicted. :) Also now that I they showed Mega Gallade in another pose I'm actually kind of liking it now. The cape looks better when it's now above its head and I can now see the red blade and red circle are separate parts. Also it's now clear the the cape is white in the back, teal inside (when it was posing with Wally I had no idea why the part of the cape on top had something attached to it, now I see it was the cape curling over a bit).

Fun Fact: Gallade's abilities (normal and mega combined) is the same as normal Lucario's abilities.
DOUBLE FUN FACT: In the Mystery Dungeon games both Pokemon's ability were active. Since Steadfast needs Flinching to activate, this meant that Lucario's only active Ability was Inner Focus since it cancelled out Steadfast's activation. Oops.

Last edited by a moderator:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
From one of the earlier trailers, it looked like the recently named "Origin Wave" is a water version of Psystrike. Just speculation, but if it is...

Soo... as much as I really want to believe that Mega (Primal?) Rayquaza has been confirmed...

Serebii said:
Rayquaza is also said to hold a secret to Mega Evolution. It also states about the demo version of the game. You will see a Mega Evolution for the first time in this demo, and you can then transfer it, as well as items you collect, over to the main games when they are released. It is also hinted that, if you play the demo every day, something special will happen
I'm tired, so I may be missing something, or I may be overthinking it, and I can't read the actual page, but from what I can tell, this isn't a direct confirmation, more like a not so subtle hint that may refer to Mega (not Primal) Rayquaza, or it could just be a lead-in to Mega Luvdisc, and Rayquaza is caught holding the Luvdiscite, or something. (I seem to be unreasonably pessimistic right now, sorry)

Also has there been some reference to a demo that we (or the Japanese...?) are supposed to be able to play every day? I'm guessing it has something to do with that Grovyle-Combusken-Marshtomp serial thingy?

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Soo... as much as I really want to believe that Mega (Primal?) Rayquaza has been confirmed...

I'm tired, so I may be missing something, or I may be overthinking it, and I can't read the actual page, but from what I can tell, this isn't a direct confirmation, more like a not so subtle hint that may refer to Mega (not Primal) Rayquaza, or it could just be a lead-in to Mega Luvdisc, and Rayquaza is caught holding the Luvdiscite, or something. (I seem to be unreasonably pessimistic right now, sorry)

Also has there been some reference to a demo that we (or the Japanese...?) are supposed to be able to play every day? I'm guessing it has something to do with that Grovyle-Combusken-Marshtomp serial thingy?
Sounds to me like Rayquaza has something to do with that Mega Evolution Bangle or whatever it is.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Oh, very true too. Didn't think of that. Maybe Rayqauza is holding Primal Kyogre/Groudon's Mega Stone? Would make sense for it to have it being the leader of the trio.

I don't think Grovyle-Combusken-Marshtomp have anything to do with the Mega Evolution/Every Day special, they're just the Pokemon you'll be using in the demo I think.

As a VGC'er I have no problem with Inner Focus on Mega Gallade :p

I'm curious; what abilities did you guys want on it?
Adaptability, Tough Claws, Magic Bounce (sice they are givin' this two like candy), Magic Guard (makes sense flavor wise), even Super Luck would have been better, hell I think Friends Guard would have been a better doubles ability and make good sense flavor wise, Gallade better have 110 speed or else there will be little reason to use him over medicham

So far Trollfreak have never made a Mega that is 100% outclassed by another, so M-Gallade must have SOMETHING over M-Medichan. I recon its speed, Gardevoir looks far less mobile than Gallade due to its huge dress. So I expect 110-120 speed to give it some value. It better have something, I don't want one of my fave looking Megas to be useless in OU...

What I really don't like is when they do the "misterious ability" thing just to show an ability we know and in M-Gallade case a below average ability at that, really, Guts would be even better even in doubles which is plagued with rotoms with wow and others things with Lava plume etc that burn.

What I really don't like is when they do the "misterious ability" thing just to show an ability we know and in M-Gallade case a below average ability at that, really, Guts would be even better even in doubles which is plagued with rotoms with wow and others things with Lava plume etc that burn.
It wasn't really a secret they kept; it just wasn't scanned by the leakers yet.
Anyway, seems to me they're just trying too hard to make a VGC Mega Kanga counter but having no fucking idea how to do that.

Hmm I have to say that I quite like the new Hoenn mega evolutions compared to the megas that have previously been announced. I'm excited for the games.

Oh dear. I guess I mucked up what I was trying to get across. I was saying that there are probably defensive megas coming in the remakes. The reason why that most mega are being used offensively is that A) they can't hold normal items that a wall would have B) Some people find "wasting" you mega slot on a defensive pokemon silly and prefer to use them as offensive pokemon and C) Many megas are frail pokemon anyway.

The post I was originally replying to said they were sick of offensive megas. I was offering an example of how slowbro and audino can fit that bill but regardless of whatever GF does to them, a mega as a wall could theoretically be difficult but I would like to see it pulled off.
Mega aggron, ampharos and aero are all great tanks/walls in UU. Aggron can run a curse set with heavy slam/d tail/curse/rest. Phys def mega amphy w/resttalk and bulky mega aero were great checks to fire spam and still are.

As for OU, you have mega venusaur with thick fat, defensive zard X.

While most of the megas seem offensive at first, they can be played defensively if you find the right set. Other megas are offensive no matter how you try (kanga, banette, aboma) although aboma COULD run a subseed set, but thats pretty meh lol

Weird, from how they are wording Rayquaza it makes me wonder if he will be left out of primal evolutions all together....Course the line of holding a secret to mega evolution is just sorta evil by itself as it doesn't explain a hell of a lot still.

Origin's Wave and Cliff's Blade. Those two moves sound so damn scary and ridiculous. I really cant wait to see what exactly it is they do (while a water psystrike would be cool, I really just don't know at this point).

Also Gallade I like a bit better now since the alternate pose of it (or the picture above it) looks much better to me than the one by Wally. Just still, justified still has its use at the least (hopefully he gets a def boost alongside that too) before evolving to stop hax spammers. Either or he still looks like a load of fun.

Sharpedo's design really disappointed me, I was really hoping that sharpedo was going to be more than half a shark when he got a mega. I know the idea is that he's part torpedo, but he should definitely be an entire shark, I mean what is more intimidating and awesome than a great white shark? Yet game freak only has a half of a shark out of all 700+ pokemon.

So far Trollfreak have never made a Mega that is 100% outclassed by another, so M-Gallade must have SOMETHING over M-Medichan. I recon its speed, Gardevoir looks far less mobile than Gallade due to its huge dress. So I expect 110-120 speed to give it some value. It better have something, I don't want one of my fave looking Megas to be useless in OU...
He has a really big movepool...Its like a rainbow bro. To name a few knock off, wisp, twave, taut, epunches, leafblade, crossgen focus punch even eq for those who hate Aegis on PSS lol.

Jokes asides who cares, he has good stabs (yeh psychic is fine solely for venusaur)resist figthing, has a dammed priority and migth get a nice boost to his bst. I dont mind if he isnt OU material as long as he isnt stuck in BL suckyness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)