Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pacman and (once again) Sonic don't seem to have much variation in their "colors", maybe their parent companies put some weird rule in place for them/Nintendo has a standard operating procedure for guest characters.

I'm guessing it's not the latter since link got alternate costumes (albeit, one's from his franchise) in Soul Calibur 2.
I'm not sure what happened for the Pacman side, but for the Sonic side, I think the "ORIGINAL CHARACTER, DO NOT STEAL!" people have something to do with it, so Nintendo wants to avoid getting hate mail and death threats from them. It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

Is it just me, or is the third Luigi the same as the first/standard Luigi? ?___?

Kirby's Meta Knight palette swap is really awesome. Fox's wolf palette cuts me deep tho. Also I'm laughing at Pit getting a black colour swap.

Yeah I wonder why Pac-man and Sonic have such limited changes? Sonic could easily have Shadow, Silver, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles colours.

Samus is giving me some EVA vibes with that pose on her Famitsu page.

Lastly, know that the whole starting roster is revealed (And G&W), the first update after the game is released will likely be whatever character is easiest to unlock... I'm betting on Ness or Jigglypuff.

Last edited:
Lucario also has little variety in colour, and him and Charizard still lack shiny forms.

And overall, I'm disappointed in how few actual model changes there are.

yeah where the fuck are the roster leaks. This game goes live in japan in 37 hours and we haven't heard a peep out of any leaked copies. From what I can read of the old brawl thread on smogon, we had a roster two days before the release. I guess we're either horribly unlucky or Nintendo's putting massive pressure on retailers not to leak.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok so apparently 2 people have obtained copies of the game early and are trying to unlock stuff.

Ness and Falco confirmed:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I for one will not miss Wolf. Bland character, hard to use, not just a clone but a clone of a clone. He was novelty at best in Brawl, and a dumb addition at worst.

I'd far rather see like Slippy over Wolf ffs

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ness and Falco confirmed:

This is FUCKING OK

Wolf was definitely one of the best psuedo-clones in the franchise in my opinion. He played very differently from the other space animals aside from the special moves. He was a heavy-hitting version of Fox with MAJOR move changes all over the place. What makes him a novelty?

Magcargo LESS unique moves? He shared just about 0 of his moves with the other space animals besides flash, blaster, and reflector.

Last edited:
Yeah I won't miss wolf either. He was my personal least favorite star fox character since he was a lot slower than fox / Falco and had more generic moves. Glad to see falco back though.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The only two things I hated about Wolf were his side and down smashes. Way too spammable. Way to unfun to play against. Still miles better than dealing with Ice Climbers tho.

Pic of the day. The hero from Pikmin 3, Alph joins the battle!! He has pretty much the same set skills as Olimar since he's basically just his variation. He can't use Rock Pikmin either.

(Comment)

They are different characters, so they each get their own title treatment on the character-selection screen. See? It says Alph.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
The only two things I hated about Wolf were his side and down smashes. Way too spammable. Way to unfun to play against. Still miles better than dealing with Ice Climbers tho.
Shut your face.

It's a travesty Rosalina exists when the Ice Climbers don't.

Also gief me more info :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)