Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Not that it probably does me much good to post it here anyway but: If MoP wants to reconsider the offer he rescinded from me Monday (Moreno/Witten for Gronk), perhaps including Bush over Moreno, I will accept the trade. Otherwise, I still probably need a good RB2 but I'm willing to see how my motley crew works out and get a better bead on some other potential RB2 candidates. I'll be entertaining offers and looking out for ones myself over the next few weeks. I think my depth sucks though.

do you think i should offer him ellington and sanders for charles?

1. i think its fairly even
lol. fucking do it, can't hurt to try

T West from the Browns had good numbers, he'll be the next man up for a couple weeks with Tate out. He's up against the Saints and Ravens the next two weeks.

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What do you think of this trade in 2 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 Flex league: (half PPR)

My Doug Martin and Carson Palmer for his Le'Veon Bell and Geno Smith

My other QBs are Luck and RGIII, RBs are Doug, Ellington, Shonn Greene, and Steven Jackson

ok i've thought it over some and this trade is an absolute steal for me

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

My other QBs are Luck and RGIII, RBs are Doug, Ellington, Shonn Greene, and Steven Jackson

I'd be surprised if this isn't vetoed

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

The time isn't right. Wait until after this week when Bell has a more average game and his value drops a bit. You may just get them to accept at that point.

lol. fucking do it, can't hurt to try
sent the trade, and unfortunately he didn't accept. he said he wants to wait it out 2 more weeks though, seeing how charles does.

ok quick question. should i start ellington (with that foot injury) against the giants... or play pierre thomas against the browns. pierre thomas has the better matchup (the giants last week mostly contained bush and joique bell), but he is a risk because of ingram and khiry robinson, to an extent. idk what do do... help

Sam

is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The time isn't right. Wait until after this week when Bell has a more average game and his value drops a bit. You may just get them to accept at that point.
it was actually offered to me...this guy knows I want Bell (if me being a Steelers fan isn't obvious)

sitting Keenan Allen and starting Justin Hunter this week in my PPR league, because of match-ups.

i'm scared to start any WR against Seattle and Dallas D is a dumpsterfire.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd say Freddy Jax is likely to catch more passes, but the Lions have a more effective offense. Honestly it's probably a toss up, I would use the matchup to make my decision. Whichever of them is facing a worse defense.

Sam

Fred Jackson only got 7 carries last week. I'd roll with Joique.

I'd roll with F-Jax. I don't like many RBs against the Panthers' front seven, and him being in a committee doesn't rectify things. I don't see Stafford becoming a checkdown monster either, whereas I could see Manuel utilizing his backs in the passing game.

For what its worth Jackson killed the Dolphins in both games last season and Miami just lost Danell Ellerbe for the year so they are down possibly 3 starting linebackers.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Ellington for sure. He's got a nice matchup against the Giants this week, and Jeffery may not even play at all.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
AJ Green out for the game without a catch, Brandon Marshall likely to sit out, and Jordan Reed out. My League A team is falling apart...

EDIT: Now Jamaal Charles. Are we in the twilight zone this week or something??

Last edited:
Considering how 11 points a week would have been good for the #13 RB last year (aka a borderline RB1) then that's exactly what you drafted him for.

If you were expecting top 10 value from a 4th round pick, you have unrealistic expectations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)