Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
You'd still lose. It's happened to me. Me and my opponent are 1v1, they use Dbond and take me with them, but I win ^^
I would assume DBond would cause you to lose since you faint first, whereas with Explosion, you deal damage beforehand, causing them to faint first. (I can actually go check that real quick.) EDIT: Ya, if you use DBond with your last Pokemon, you lose no matter what, since you faint first.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wait, what? You don't win if you use Explosion with your last 'mon and ko the opponents last 'mon too :/ Explosion has always been a loss for you if it was your last Pokemon. Same as Destiny Bond... So Hclegend was right

also OI not the place to ask

He could be talking about what happens in-game. If he's asking about that, then this would be the right forum to post in.

In-game, if you ever have all your pokemon KOed, then you lose, even if the opponent's pokemon were all KOed, too.

He could be talking about what happens in-game. If he's asking about that, then this would be the right forum to post in.

In-game, if you ever have all your pokemon KOed, then you lose, even if the opponent's pokemon were all KOed, too.
Yeah, I am talking about in-game since I kinda had a doubt about that so thanks :)

Just asking these questions for the sake of nostalgia and the recognition of player choices.

--- The early generations of Pokémon were difficult compared to what we have now. Even in the areas near the starting routes; I would have to go to the Pokémon Center between every two or three wild encounters to keep my starter at full health. I was glad I had a free Potion in my PC at home. I believe it was also accompanied by the basic controls for the game as well as a message from Mom or Dad, but I dunno. I might be making that last part up subconsciously. Does anyone remember in what game that free Potion stopped being a thing?

--- Sapphire was my first Pokémon game to play and I had a hard time challenging the Elite Four. I'd often buy Full Restores and Revives until I ran out of money, which was hard to earn back then, at least for me. If I ended up running out of medicine while muscling through with my underleveled Pokémon and lost a fight, I'd typically farm money for hours or days until I could try again. It was not until I got Pearl that I realized that I could've bought a few Full Restores to guard against status and that I could stock up on cheap Energy Roots and Revival Herbs to get more of my money's worth. Has anyone here made similar good/bad decisions before?

--- Pokémon was a real popular game at my school while I was growing up. My friends and I would get together to have tournaments to see who was the "Pokémon Master" as the anime hinted. The problem was that I had just started playing and I stuck with Pokémon I liked, which was at the time were ones like Mightyena and Masquerain. And unfortunately for me, everyone I knew had the compulsive need to win no matter the cost. We had no official set of rules back then so everyone bar myself ran with our box art Legendaries, non-mascot Legendaries, Dragons, the fastest hard hitters, and Pokémon with OHKO moves. It doesn't surprise me that I typically ended up last in these tourneys (and I had to stay the throughout the whole time because I owned the link cable). Because of this and a few other bad memories, I grew to dislike Legendaries, Dragons, and pretty much any Pokémon that you can slap onto a team without much though and have it win most of your battles.

Around DPP, my friends started to judge Pokémon at face value; their raw stats, coupled with how wide their movepool and how popular their typing is. Granted, a lot of people who play competitively would think alike, but they didn't even look at how they would fare in a competitive environment. They essentially eliminated more than half the national Pokédex when it comes to Pokémon that they think are worthwhile to consider for battle. To them, those Pokémon weren't even considered worthy of having their existence acknowledged. I started to feel empathetic towards the types of Pokémon that don't get much love such as Normal and Grass types, and not much has changed since. I feel as if I'm paraphrasing the Dragon's Den Elder's quiz but I have to ask this; when you became familiar to the mechanics of Pokémon, did you believe in choosing strength and pure power or did you pick the Pokémon you simply wanted to have as a partner?

Just asking these questions for the sake of nostalgia and the recognition of player choices.

--- The early generations of Pokémon were difficult compared to what we have now. Even in the areas near the starting routes; I would have to go to the Pokémon Center between every two or three wild encounters to keep my starter at full health. I was glad I had a free Potion in my PC at home. I believe it was also accompanied by the basic controls for the game as well as a message from Mom or Dad, but I dunno. I might be making that last part up subconsciously. Does anyone remember in what game that free Potion stopped being a thing?

--- Sapphire was my first Pokémon game to play and I had a hard time challenging the Elite Four. I'd often buy Full Restores and Revives until I ran out of money, which was hard to earn back then, at least for me. If I ended up running out of medicine while muscling through with my underleveled Pokémon and lost a fight, I'd typically farm money for hours or days until I could try again. It was not until I got Pearl that I realized that I could've bought a few Full Restores to guard against status and that I could stock up on cheap Energy Roots and Revival Herbs to get more of my money's worth. Has anyone here made similar good/bad decisions before?

--- Pokémon was a real popular game at my school while I was growing up. My friends and I would get together to have tournaments to see who was the "Pokémon Master" as the anime hinted. The problem was that I had just started playing and I stuck with Pokémon I liked, which was at the time were ones like Mightyena and Masquerain. And unfortunately for me, everyone I knew had the compulsive need to win no matter the cost. We had no official set of rules back then so everyone bar myself ran with our box art Legendaries, non-mascot Legendaries, Dragons, the fastest hard hitters, and Pokémon with OHKO moves. It doesn't surprise me that I typically ended up last in these tourneys (and I had to stay the throughout the whole time because I owned the link cable). Because of this and a few other bad memories, I grew to dislike Legendaries, Dragons, and pretty much any Pokémon that you can slap onto a team without much though and have it win most of your battles.

Around DPP, my friends started to judge Pokémon at face value; their raw stats, coupled with how wide their movepool and how popular their typing is. Granted, a lot of people who play competitively would think alike, but they didn't even look at how they would fare in a competitive environment. They essentially eliminated more than half the national Pokédex when it comes to Pokémon that they think are worthwhile to consider for battle. To them, those Pokémon weren't even considered worthy of having their existence acknowledged. I started to feel empathetic towards the types of Pokémon that don't get much love such as Normal and Grass types, and not much has changed since. I feel as if I'm paraphrasing the Dragon's Den Elder's quiz but I have to ask this; when you became familiar to the mechanics of Pokémon, did you believe in choosing strength and pure power or did you pick the Pokémon you simply wanted to have as a partner?
1 no idea i never cared about potions.

2 nope the only bad thing i did was trowing a masterball atca shinny in 3rd gen i payed the price chassing latias afterwards.

3 i never grew to hate anything bar curselax (gsc figths were snorlax vs snorlax fests) and bellyzard on 3rd gen since i always ran skarmbliss(twave stoss blissey) and he kinda destroyed them.

4 its a matter of favorites i love chansey and blissey since rby/gsc so i always try to fit them into teams and they are quite easy too if you ask me. Also quagsire wich got some love in 5th gen but i mostly think of him as a niche if my team could use a voltswitch stopper that can cover a physical setup mon. Dunno i like derpy looking mons and they all got their niches due to typing, stat distribution or stuff they get to achieve on a team when paired with others. So in the end im kind off battling with my favorites.

A small batch if personal data: I hate aegislash design. I barely used him, not kidding here the only sets i used where calm subtoxic, band pursuit Hsmasher adamant and quiet non hp ice speed invested one, and only coz he lured that damned mandibuzz and stopped pinsir cold... yet i recognized him as a treath when team building. I also dislike shinnies bar a few honorable exceptions so i dont use them at all unless the only mon i got acces to is shinny(Tutor moves and decent IVs as an example).

I use what I like, or want to try. Often, that means having my box legendary in the team at some point if not one other because I think they're cool. (like Suicune in Crystal) Often the Pokemon with the most badass strength are a pain in the ass to raise in game and are hard to find. (would you ever think to keep looking around in the room where Dragon Claw is found in Meteor Falls for Bagon if you didn't know it was there?) It's probably also because this is the first generation where I've actually gained an interest in trying the competitive scene, since this generation is making much easier for casual players to get into it without shoving it into their face to a degree that would drive them permanently away from it. It can still be improved, obviously, but it's a giant leap in the right direction, right?

I have a quick question about Pokemon Black/White 2. I'm finding it incredibly tedious to grind for shards. I was wonder what the easiest way to obtain them is. I use the extra-link challenge, that has you gather shards from the shiny spots.

But is there an easier way to get one specific type shard? I'd really appreciate the help :)

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a quick question about Pokemon Black/White 2. I'm finding it incredibly tedious to grind for shards. I was wonder what the easiest way to obtain them is. I use the extra-link challenge, that has you gather shards from the shiny spots.

But is there an easier way to get one specific type shard? I'd really appreciate the help :)
I don't think there's any way to choose which shard but you will always get a shard when you lose at the PWT. Otherwise I just run around Reversal Mountain and into Dust Clouds to get them.

Apparently, if you have Black 1 you can buy them in Black City and then trade them over, although that seems really tedious as well.

I don't think there's any way to choose which shard but you will always get a shard when you lose at the PWT. Otherwise I just run around Reversal Mountain and into Dust Clouds to get them.

Apparently, if you have Black 1 you can buy them in Black City and then trade them over, although that seems really tedious as well.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware you could get shards at the PWT(seeing as I've never messed with that area of the game).
I might just try to forfeit spam for my shards.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware you could get shards at the PWT(seeing as I've never messed with that area of the game).
I might just try to forfeit spam for my shards.
I definitely find Entralink to be quicker than anything else. I usually average 10+ shards in three minutes, and I doubt you'll find anything better than that. As for the route I take to gather the shards: Run around Undella, Fly to White City/Black Forest, Fly to Nimbasa and then run toward Driftveil.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Castelia City is my favorite spot for Entralink shard hunting. Typically there are several shards in a straight line running east-west in the main southern part of the city, as well as scattered in the the non-alley north south-roads. Then there's few more in the northern park square. No other place yields shards so quickly, particularly if you start by the eastern gate before you warp to the entralink so you can immediately hop on your bike and ride straight west.

Hey guys, been looking for a while, used smogon search and google search and had no luck so coming here. Does anyone know where I can find the comrehensive list of pokemon used by the ai in battle maison?

Has anyone ever created a list of all the Friend Safari pokemon and the experience gained from them via battle?
A very quick search yielded no results (though, I didn't look all that hard...). However, I/we can save you the trouble of finding out yourself the best 'mons to grind for Exp. (in the Friend Safari - the Chateau and Restaurant le Wow are much better places to grind Exp.), with those being Chansey and Audino - with base yields of 395 and 390, respectively.

I could, given some time, compose a quick sheet that lists all FS 'mons and their base yields for you. I wouldn't be promising anything pretty, but it would be a what you're looking for (probably).

Anything would be tremendous. There are a couple reasons I like to know, one is I like battling/leveling lower level pokemon by actually using them in battle and earning exp themselves (for certain ones anyway). For this reason, its good to know which safaris I have give the best experience, for types they are SE against. Also, I haven't been able to find anyone with a safari that has both audino and chansey yet. Additionally, I enjoy the potential of a shiny popping up that the safari's also provide =) For example, I'm currently leveling a shiny BR Espeon, who can one-shot most things, but it still 2 shots chansey with Psychic. About 15 battles in, a shiny chansey popped up =)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone ever created a list of all the Friend Safari pokemon and the experience gained from them via battle?
Serebii has a list, but doesn't include what EXP they yield; you're going to have to figure it out yourself.

(Search "Friend Safari" on Serebii, I can't link it because I'm on my phone.)

Anything would be tremendous. There are a couple reasons I like to know, one is I like battling/leveling lower level pokemon by actually using them in battle and earning exp themselves (for certain ones anyway). For this reason, its good to know which safaris I have give the best experience, for types they are SE against. Also, I haven't been able to find anyone with a safari that has both audino and chansey yet. Additionally, I enjoy the potential of a shiny popping up that the safari's also provide =) For example, I'm currently leveling a shiny BR Espeon, who can one-shot most things, but it still 2 shots chansey with Psychic. About 15 battles in, a shiny chansey popped up =)
Just for you, I created this little spreadsheet. Stupid Google decided to "update" the docs and now I can't "share" like I normally could/can with my other Google Docs. So now i have to "publish" it just so others can view it...

Anyway, here is the link to my new Friend Safari Exp Yields and is now apart of my signature (for whatever reason...).

Wow Sakuretsu, what a tremendous list. I can't fathom how noone else has been interested in this, thank you so much for doing that =)

Hi guys. i just had something weird happening to me.
I was breeding for a ferrothorn, finally managed to get one with the right IVs and egg moves (after i forgot to pass leach seed :/), did the EVs and leveling just to realize that it somehow managed to get it's hidden ability.

i checked every single one i had and none had the HA. i also looked at the pokemon i used for the egg moves and neither did they.

i thought HAs can only be passed down from parents, so how is this possible? die my game bug out?

i hope this is the right forum and thread. couldn't find a better place.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi guys. i just had something weird happening to me.
I was breeding for a ferrothorn, finally managed to get one with the right IVs and egg moves (after i forgot to pass leach seed :/), did the EVs and leveling just to realize that it somehow managed to get it's hidden ability.

i checked every single one i had and none had the HA. i also looked at the pokemon i used for the egg moves and neither did they.

i thought HAs can only be passed down from parents, so how is this possible? die my game bug out?

i hope this is the right forum and thread. couldn't find a better place.
What was the parent you were using? Was it a Ferrothorn with Iron Barbs? Or a Ferroseed? Ferroseed's only ability is Iron Barbs, but if it has inherited the HA from a parent it will be Iron Barbs until evolution (becomes Anticipation). If you're using a Ferroseed that you caught in the Friend Safari it may have the Hidden Ability but it was being shown as Iron Barbs. If you evolve that Ferroseed it will get Anticipation. I would go back and evolve / check that original parent to see what it's ability is as a Ferrothorn. Of course if the Ferrothorn's ability is Iron Barbs then something weird has in fact happened, but I'm putting my money on the fact that you had a HA Ferroseed which was being shown as Iron Barbs

i actually caught the original one in friend Safari. i guess i got 'lucky' to preserve it through all the generations. i guess i will evolve my New One before doing the ev training now. knowing my luck it will prolly Take me a week to finally get a competitive One xD

i actually caught the original one in friend Safari. i guess i got 'lucky' to preserve it through all the generations. i guess i will evolve my New One before doing the ev training now. knowing my luck it will prolly Take me a week to finally get a competitive One xD
I would suggest getting an Ability Capsule and using it on the next Ferroseed you get. If it fails, it'll be HA. That's how it works IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)