Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm truly trying not to be a jerk. I told Jumpluff I wouldn't anymore, so I won't to the best of my ability. But LS you've been making the same Ridley joke on a weekly basis for about half a year. If you're in a position to say no one is terribly opposed, it never came across.

can't say im disappointed by the full roster, i love it really. The only problem I have from what we know is that theres 36 starters and 11 unlockable characters, 3 of which being clones. There were more unlockable characters in brawl... I feel like once I get my hands on the game I just need to play for a few hours and I'll have all the characters unlocked, and I don't like that. And although I'm not the biggest Ridley fan, I would have liked him to be in the game. I'm also still salty about no dk rep (though i understand this was unrealistic).

Overall I'm sure Sm4sh will be an amazing game to play but I feel like it won't have all the enjoyment that the other games came with unlocking all the characters.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
These last few characters couldn't have been better. I freaking adore Duck Hunt and everything about the character, both competitively and flavorwise.

They feel like Banjo and Kazooie to me with an extra flair of old school. I love all the teamwork going on in their attacks; you can tell they really thought through how this character should operate. The smash attacks might be my favorite, with the fourth wall "shooter" still failing to shoot the dog. Not only is it hilarious, but the disjointed hitboxes look insane. They look fast and have good recovery too; looks like a solid fighter overall.

I wasn't feeling as impressed with Bowser Jr., but after watching this video, I definitely am.

His movepool looks insane with a lot of varied attacks. Looks like a winning combination of speed and strength, in my opinion. I was a little leery about the clown car at first, but after seeing it in action, I'm sold. Bowser Jr. feels like a Bowser Castle with the mechas, drills, weights, and punching options. They did a nice job of incorporating a lot of history into what I consider to be a newer character. Plus the Koopa Kids being alternate costumes is a smart move. While I think my heart is still set on Rosalina being my main, these two are giving her a run for her money.

Turning into a motherfucking laser canon out of no where is what really does it for me. Sure there are a few other giant laser final smashes (samus, mii gunner) but I expected a wimpy laser to come out of his eyes ala brawl, not for him to turn his chest into a canon.

seems like there's a shitton of quirkiness and summons in the new movesets, also nintendo tried really hard to cram retro into this one

Well, I can't say I'm 100% happy with the roster, but it's got a lot of good stuff and 4 mysterious black spaces, so that's good enough for now.

At least on the clone characters (Dr. Mario and Dark Pit specifically) some of the streamers have said that they play kind of like earlier incarnations of their originals. So Dr. Mario has the tornado spin and Dark Pit has Brawl Pit's moveset (or something similar, there's not much on this guy yet), while Mario still had Fludd and Pit has been revamped from Uprising.

While I'm still mad, this at least this tones it down from rage inducing to grumpy bear. Still holding out hope for Lucas, Ice Climbers, Dixie, and Snake, however slim it might be (savememysteriousblackspaceontherosterthatmayormaynotbeWiiUconnectivityorDLC).

Can we talk about the new final boss? Because... wow. I know this is from the guy who gave us the Kirby series final bosses but just... yikes.

Last edited:

Pic of the day. This is the World Status you can see in Spectator mode. The game isn't released yet so the map looks pretty plain now, but I wonder what it'll look like once it's out? Also, this is where you can see all sorts of stats being tallied up. In Group play and Spectator mode, you can see characters you haven't unlocked yet, so watch out if you don't want to be spoiled.

(Comment)

Even if you don't want to be spoiled, it might be wise to select the Online option at least once before you start the game. Your Global Smash Power won't appear until the first time you connect to the internet. Not only that, but there could potentially be a patch available that can resolve potential issues, like the one being released now for the Japanese version of the game. For the package version, updates can be pre-downloaded to your system even before you purchase the game, so make sure you look out for them.

after watching the video Birkal posted im seriously considering bowser jr as my main, though i wont know til ive played them more. he just looks like so much fun to use tbh

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I was unlucky and met all the giveaway requirements except the 'opt in to Nintendo notifications' one. If someone has an extra code leftover, I'd appreciate it.

If I'm not mistaken, only select members got the codes.
The only requirements were hitting Platinum last year (July 2013-June 2014), owning 3DS hardware/software (based on whether or not you registered them), and opting in to marketing emails from Nintendo as of this Monday.

Every Platinum member has the first two, but it seems like most people (naturally) opt out of the marketing emails, so plenty of people are getting shafted because of it. Not a great PR move from Nintendo, especially with the lack of clarity around it crashing the Club Nintendo website.

I'm just glad we (everyone) get the demo next Friday, as opposed to waiting until the week before the game comes out. 30 plays is no big deal if you use sleep mode, and it's still twice a day regardless.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I have a working EU code, but I need a working US code. If you received US codes, but need an EU code for a friend, let's make a trade. :)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I have a working EU code, but I need a working US code. If you received US codes, but need an EU code for a friend, let's make a trade. :)
This is one of my codes by the way. I got in. Expect some first thoughts in a while after I have downloaded :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)