Borderlands Series

Well, if you don't trust videos what kind of proof do you want then? I've never had a Volcano drop so all the videos of the Warrior dropping the Volcano are fake, right?

And if you GOT ONE YOURSELF why are you denying the drop >_______________>

Seriously dude? If you'd read my entire post then you would have read that it's easy to get an Infinity in PT1.
All I'm saying is that yoteslaya's video is faked, anyone who has killed Doc Mercy so many times could get too frustrated and decide to just fake it in order to show where to get the pistol. Yoteslaya obviously had more on the line here, after starting this whole series of BL2 legendaries videos.

I'm just giving some farming advice, take it or leave it. If you want to go kill Doc Mercy thousands of times, be my guest, it's not going to affect me. But I promise you'll never get an Infinity from him.

The Volcano is a completely different story. It's actually one of the easiest legendaries to get, along with the Leech, Flakker, and Conference Call via Moonshot farming. I will say the Volcano is probably not worth it though. It's really mediocre unfortunately, considering how awesome it was in the first game.

I mentioned in that post that you got one yourself, and you still continue to deny the drop >_____________________________________________________________>

You know what, I'm not going to argue with you anymore. You managed to prove yourself wrong and you continue to argue the same point.

Anyways, just an hour or two ago I finally got the Hornet off Knuckle Dragger. It's an absolute beast-way better then I expected, especially since I got a level 50 variant (my Gub and Lyuda are both level 48).

Then I go kill Terramorphous again.

I've killed Terramorphous 3 times, all as level 50 Zer0 with a partner. (The partner's different every time) As of right now, I've gotten two Level 50 Slayer of Terramorphous class mods for Mecromancer (who I don't have) and one level 48 mod for Siren (who I don't play). And he hasn't dropped any of the unique stuff that I know he drops.

The problem I'm having is that since my Lyuda is fire he's the only invincible I can actually kill. And he never drops anything that would help me kill other invincibles. I'm thinking of just giving in and leveling up a Siren to 50 so I can use stuff like the Hellfire and the Slagga to demolish invincibles and get legendaries.

Terramorphous can be pretty annoying, just since he can and will kill you if you make mistakes. The Hide is a realllly good shield though, which sort of makes it worth it. The Breath is also a pretty awesome grenade mod, my fire grenades of choice. The Blood isn't very good, just because almost any relic is better, and the Pitchfork is just a pretty gimmicky sniper rifle. If you keep at it you'll get the proper class mod soon enough. The three skills aren't all that great but the skill points are if you don't have a legendary class mod.
I just farm him for random purples, relics, and for the two red chests after killing him. That's where I've gotten the majority of my E-techs.

The only things I really want to get are a better Black Hole, a Transformer (Pimon won't spawn in my game), a Maggie, a Slagga, an Infinity, and a Thunderball Fists. Right now I'm just scared of wasting time farming if they're just going to increase the level cap in the near future.

pre-sequel hype caused me to pick this up again around last july and I've basically doubled my total hours on it since; krieg is absolutely ridiculous because he can quite literally one-shot pyro pete:

I quit the game last year at around level 54 because I sucked too much to get through UVHM, but since starting again, I've picked up some tricks and have been playing a lot more co-op (much more fun that way)

with the pre-sequel coming out in just over a month, I thought it'd be a good time to necro this post

I am so maining Claptrap in pre-sequel, no matter how good/bad he is. Didn't realize the release date was so close, October/November will be tough months with VGC, Smash Bros, ORAS, and this coming out.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am extremely ready for the presequel. I've got over 400 hours of BL2 playtime, spread out among every character. My roommate and I have already planned our first runs, co-op runs, 3-player runs, more co-op runs, we've got it down to a science to ensure we can cover all our characters. This fall is going to be really hard on gamers, but I'm so pumped. Athena will be my first, going phalanx and ceuranic storm, then wilhelm dreadnaught and hunter kill and then nisha fan the hammer and riflewoman. No desire to play claptrap :/

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I play Co-Op with one of my friends all the time. We are actually all booking the day off work so we can play together lol

Wilhelm unite! :D

I have a Lv 65 Axton now, want to get him to 71, but now there is so much XP needed lol... I have some awesome Legendary Class mods for him too. My next highest character is a Gauge which is my "solo" character if you like.

I'm definitely getting the pre-sequel, but I'm not sure if I wanna preorder it or not. The slaughter pit seems fine (and there were a lot of perks to getting the Creature Slaughterdome in BL2) but I'm not sure if I wanna spend 60 bucks for it or if I'm going to wait for a sale.

My friend and I hit 72 two days ago, and we've powered through a few OP levels before getting stuck on OP4 (he's Gaige, I'm Krieg). When we were leveling to 72, our level 63 DPUH was enough to carry us all the way to level cap. We got another DPUH at 72, but the damage already seems to be falling off against OP4 enemies, especially the minibosses in the arena (Scorch in particular). We farmed Treants for about 15 minutes and actually managed to pick up an OP3 Bee, but it's not doing much good at all. Any tips? Do we need to farm for a DPUH every few OP level, or is there an easier way?

If I remember correctly, the problem came from the damage scaling of the OP levels. It's because you stay level 72 as the enemies grow higher so it could be the damage penalty for being lower-leveled, I think. I haven't played the game in months and only just found this thread so I could be completely wrong. Still, I would update your gear as frequently as possible, and I'm not just talking about the DPUH. Later OP levels are very tough, even with max level gear.

Last edited:
My friend and I hit 72 two days ago, and we've powered through a few OP levels before getting stuck on OP4 (he's Gaige, I'm Krieg). When we were leveling to 72, our level 63 DPUH was enough to carry us all the way to level cap. We got another DPUH at 72, but the damage already seems to be falling off against OP4 enemies, especially the minibosses in the arena (Scorch in particular). We farmed Treants for about 15 minutes and actually managed to pick up an OP3 Bee, but it's not doing much good at all. Any tips? Do we need to farm for a DPUH every few OP level, or is there an easier way?
The level of your gear really matters in BL2; your guns are going to be noticeably worse at 3 levels lower and near useless at 10 levels lower than enemies. You can either farm the Torgue vendors or just use Gibbed to bump up the levels of your gear without farming for it all again. What system are you on?

I haven't played in months, picked up my level 72 Salvador to start doing OP levels. I stopped at OP4 but also went over to Terramorphous and Hyperius and wrecked them. Then again, that's just Sal. Ninja Zer0 is much more fun/difficult/frustrating.

The level of your gear really matters in BL2; your guns are going to be noticeably worse at 3 levels lower and near useless at 10 levels lower than enemies. You can either farm the Torgue vendors or just use Gibbed to bump up the levels of your gear without farming for it all again. What system are you on?

I haven't played in months, picked up my level 72 Salvador to start doing OP levels. I stopped at OP4 but also went over to Terramorphous and Hyperius and wrecked them. Then again, that's just Sal. Ninja Zer0 is much more fun/difficult/frustrating.
We're not going to use Gibbed; hell, we don't even item merge because it's more satisfying to "legitimately" beat the OP levels. Although we do dupe items, so our moral code is a little skewed.

I'm aware that items fall off, I just didn't realize that a level 72 DPUH would be so ineffective against OP4 Scorch when our previous one was effective for nine levels.

I've never done item merging and never watched a video on how to do it. But I got Gibbed when my first save file got corrupted and deleted and since then my laziness level has increased greatly. I'll farm for a legendary and then edit it to the proper level and parts, bump levels up on previously found weapons, and made a bunch of modded weapons to mess around with before they patched them out.
Sounds like your best option for a new Harold is doing the bar room brawl a million times, but that's pretty fun so no biggie.
How do you deal with the badass surveyors in the digistruct dlc? My Zer0 has serious problems with them, considering my normal loadout is Rubi/Rapier/Harold/random other. I've tried various shotguns and sniper rifles in my fourth slot but the movement patterns and health regeneration of the surveyors drive me insane.

GatoDelFuego

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've never thought OP levels were fun in any way. The damage reduction is really something. At any rate, the enemies out-level the guns on a base level, meaning the game gets harder the higher your level goes no matter what. On top of that, you know about the damage reduction that people are receiving. Scorch would be two levels higher than everyone else anyway, which would put him at something like 50% damage reduction taken. Add that in to the fact that your gun damage should double every five levels, and you're doing 25% damage to scorch that you would vs a level 72 one. Add THAT in to the fact that scorch will get more HP anyway due to exponential scaling....OP levels were pretty much balanced for the highest level of damage guns can be, like critical exploit sal or bore/pimpernel stuff.

CPrime what's your build? Corrosive butcher and Pimpernel would really chew up surveyors.

Last edited:
CPrime what's your build? Corrosive butcher and Pimpernel would really chew up surveyors.
I run a pretty normal melee Zer0, just Kunai/Many Must Fall/Bore.
The problem with corrosive weapons is that the shields are too bulky with the resistance and regeneration. And I'm not a big fan of flipping through inventory in the middle of a fight...

GatoDelFuego

I can't really know a better solution than just chewing through them with a butcher. Surveyors are ass. However, I don't really know if it's necessary to use a rubi and rapier, especially if they're both slag. IMO a bladed grog can get the job done. Also, the pimpernel will have MUCH greater dps and range than the DPUH with bore, especially if you learn the sweet spots.

Jebus McAzn I also just thought your Harold could just be worse. Parts go a long way.

CPrime We had an AWFUL time with surveyors during our first OP2 run - ever since then, whenever we see a surveyor we just keep at least one weak ground enemy alive and damage it enough to bring the surveyors down to repair it. We always make sure to kill them off first, otherwise it takes absolutely forever to kill them since he's Anarchy Gaige and I'm a melee Krieg.

We're probably gonna try OP4 again later tonight - we have an OP3 corrosive Lyuda from LLMs and an OP3 Bee, so we're not lacking on gear - I guess we're just being too aggressive. Scorch has a ridiculous amount of health, though.

Yeah, "damage an enemy and wait" technique works pretty well because of the vertical melee mechanic. Problem for me is just this one wave that spawns. It's a badass nomad with a zappy backpack along with an RPG loader and two badass surveyors. Keeping the nomad or RPG loader alive long enough to kill the surveyors is tricky.
Doesn't help that I only play single player due to Xbox and fitting my playing time into random free nights of my school schedule.
Pete and Hyperius aren't a problem, Terramorphous is a pain but doable. But the surveyors? TERRIBLE

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
This is what I am planning on for my Level 72 Axton (4 levels away!)

http://bl2skills.com/commando.html#55520125015500012000055050105151

So double turret with Slag + Cannons, longbow, magnet and shield. AFAIK this will be the most damaging set up for the turrets. I'm using the nuke at the moment until I get the points to change over to this. The Nuke Turret is really fun, and the noise is awesome, but it deals hardly any damage at this level when enemies have like 20 million HP+ I am playing with a Maya with Slag orb/stasis and res and it works really well together to cover a lot of threats.

I really want a current Level Moxxie's Heartbreaker though, that shotgun is so much fun lol. I don't think I'm toting around much legendary equipment, apart from a Lv 64 Legendary Soldier class mod with the +5 to all base skills.

This is what I am planning on for my Level 72 Axton (4 levels away!)
With Axton I always liked going with Guerilla and Gunpowder trees, just loading up on explosive damage and kill skills. Nothing in the turret except Battlefront I think. I forget the name of the Class Mod but whichever one gives you +6 Onslaught is really awesome. I haven't looked at the 3 newest legendary mods for him.

Double Slag turrets are great too though, so I can't blame you for that haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)