Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a good idea to have 2 rain starters on the same team?
It's perfectly normal to have more than 1 for rain, since several rain sweepers (like Mix Kingdra, Tornadus etc) actually have the spare moveslot to fit in RD anyway. Many even run up to 4 on the same team (usually Azelf, Toed, Kingdra, Tornadus). Usually I would like at least another user other than Politoed and Azelf, just so that Sand teams are less disruptive to the sweeps.

Last edited:
Is it a good idea to have 2 rain starters on the same team?
It can be, although it's not essential, as you're giving yourself fewer pokemon to directly benefit from the rain, and Politoed should be able to set up rain at least twice in the game. You can either go down the hyper offensive route, and include a suicide lead that can say set Stealth Rocks and Rain Dance, before using a move like Explosion to give a free switchin for a teammate, such as Azelf, which also has high speed and access to Taunt, or you can possibly use Rain Dance Manaphy with Politoed for a bulkier team with two rain setters, or maybe even Prankster Tornadus. I wouldn't include Rain Dance on a Swift Swim user though, as Kabutops would prefer Swords Dance, and Kingdra and Omastar are better off with Choice Specs.

what's the standard sand team? ttar + exca + ????
Keldeo and Charizard Y are pretty common in sand teams because Sand teams generally lack a strong special attacker, and Ttar also helps beat Latis who likes to switch in on Keldeo and Zard Y. Ferrothorn, Venusaur, Amoonguss, Celebi are pretty common too because Grass covers up several weaknesses on the team.

what's the standard sand team? ttar + exca + ????
Talonflame and a Grass Type are usually good pokes to pair with ttar+exca. Talonflame helps against fighting and grass types that would wall you and a Grass Pokemon helps against opposing Water types that would offensively wreck you, Keldeo+Azumarill are two pokes to watch out for.

What would be a recomendable spread for a mixed LO rash Diancie with rock polish.

Should i max speed or just reach the positive 108 treeshold after a rockpolish?

Any ideas and speed EV investements of your own in this case?

How does analytic work in doubles when only one pokemon switches out and you use Surf?
Same normal damage to both?
Same boosted damage to both?
Boosted damage on the mon switched in only?

How does analytic work in doubles when only one pokemon switches out and you use Surf?
Same normal damage to both?
Same boosted damage to both?
Boosted damage on the mon switched in only?
Analytic boosts your move if you move last. Switching happens before anything else, so in singles, since there is no other mon on the field, the opponent switching makes your mon go last which activates analytic. In doubles, switching doesn't necessarily make your mon go last, so it doesn't necessarily activate analytic. And if it is activated, it is activated for the move itself, not target by target.

What would be a recomendable spread for a mixed LO rash Diancie with rock polish.

Should i max speed or just reach the positive 108 treeshold after a rockpolish?

Any ideas and speed EV investements of your own in this case?
I think you'd want enough speed to outspeed Greninja, and you can do that with a neutral nature and 212 Speed. This set is a suggestion, but I probably wouldn't recommend using it over Rock Polish Landorus/Double Dance Landorus-T or other setup sweepers, as it's not very powerful (for example, even offensive Mega Venusaur is likely to avoid the 2HKO from Psychic) and doesn't have great coverage options. Hidden Power Fire isn't on the set as Ferrothorn will survive it, and can OHKO a +2 speed Diancie with Gyro Ball.

Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 44 Atk / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Psychic

I think you'd want enough speed to outspeed Greninja, and you can do that with a neutral nature and 212 Speed. This set is a suggestion, but I probably wouldn't recommend using it over Rock Polish Landorus/Double Dance Landorus-T or other setup sweepers, as it's not very powerful (for example, even offensive Mega Venusaur is likely to avoid the 2HKO from Psychic) and doesn't have great coverage options. Hidden Power Fire isn't on the set as Ferrothorn will survive it, and can OHKO a +2 speed Diancie with Gyro Ball.

Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 44 Atk / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Psychic
Oh thanks i never tought of outspeeding grenninja and yes im aware landorus does it better i just wanted to aleviate a birdspam weakness while maintaining dragon imunity. In an odd team im planning on trying. Ill test this greninja outspeeding one Since the 125 and 130 are out of reach and unpractical anyways.

Magneton was recently added to the Viability thread, but I can't find any OU sets for it. What do people run on it besides the obvious Eviolite?

Oh that makes sense. Thanks Aragorn and R. P. ! Are his movesets fairly similar stuff, HP Fire, Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Volt Switch, etc. as well?

So out of curiosity, I checked out Terrakion's analysis to see what moves it should have on a Choice Band set. To my surprise, there was no CB set on its analysis so can someone please explain to me why there isn't one?

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
So out of curiosity, I checked out Terrakion's analysis to see what moves it should have on a Choice Band set. To my surprise, there was no CB set on its analysis so can someone please explain to me why there isn't one?
I would assume that the main reasoning behind it not having a set is due to it not being as popular as it's other Choice set, the Scarf'd one. But let's be real here, the moveset on the Band is not going to differ very much from that on the Scarf, seeing as they both fulfill the same purpose, with one just being a better revenge-killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)