ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then you miss out on Mega Swampert, who is so much cooler.

Personally I think the Ralts line has always had to fall back on their unique traits. For Garde, that was historically access to status moves, Destiny Bond, and trace; even now her Pixilated Hyper Voice is her calling card, Psychic typing is an afterthought that helps with Venusaur and taking Psyshock. Otherwise, it's been outclassed by Alakazam, etc.

Gallade will be no different. Rather than focusing on the power and speed of other psychics, it has status conditions and a more hit-and-run playstyle that I think is more suited to it. Sweeper Gallade was never going to happen because Talonflame (though I would have like Magic GUARD to fit the theme).

New trailer was released. The abilities for primal groudon/kyogre cause heavy drought/rain, can't be changed by weather moves, and make water/fire moves have no effect

Groudon can finally take on kyogre:D

Ingame animations for the new mega evolutions are also shown! At first I wasn't that fond of mega gallade, but that animation just looks so perfect!

According to serebii the demo is confirmed for the west!

Ah so then whoever switches into the other one will have theirs active. And so Primal Groudon can actually switch into Water Spouts and Origin Pulses now. That's the big immediate consequence (not like Kyogre couldn't already switch into Fire attacks anyways)

It's certainly cool that they have made the struggle between the two titans a lot more balanced.

I really wish they would stop teasing primal/mega Rayquaza and just show it already.

Considering the new weathers are permanent, would air lock even negate them? I'm guessing whenever primal/mega Ray is revealed he'll have a new buffed air lock, hopefully it won't be much longer.

Wait they showed Slowking in that trailer while all the other Pokemon in the trailer got a mega evolution. Does that mean Mega Slowking confirmed?

I really wish they would stop teasing primal/mega Rayquaza and just show it already.

Considering the new weathers are permanent, would air lock even negate them? I'm guessing whenever primal/mega Ray is revealed he'll have a new buffed air lock, hopefully it won't be much longer.
Seriously...as if normal Kyogre and Groudon weren't good enough already. Air Lock has always been underwhelming already, having just a different name than Cloud Nine with no additional effects... not really worthy of such an amazing legendary pokemon like Rayquaza that's supposed to tame Kyogre and Groudon. And the trailer says legendary pokemon Rayquaza makes its debut? What does that even mean? It made its debut in the original Ruby and Sapphire so everyone knows it would be in the game...more like they should've put Primal Rayquaza and Mega Rayquaza make their debut -_-

Ah so then whoever switches into the other one will have theirs active. And so Primal Groudon can actually switch into Water Spouts and Origin Pulses now. That's the big immediate consequence (not like Kyogre couldn't already switch into Fire attacks anyways)

It's certainly cool that they have made the struggle between the two titans a lot more balanced.
I agree, as the first thing I thought of when Primal Groudon was revealed to be a Ground/Fire type was "It now just dies to Water Spout even quicker". After finding out it's new ability, it does seem that Game Freak has actually made a genuine effort to balance these two. I mean, imagine the implications of being able to switch in on Scarf Kyogre's Water Spout for free...

I was having a conversation with my friend yesterday boutique what would happen if grousons ability negated water moves.....

Thus now groudon only has one weakness. Course its ground but its mammoth bulk can easkly help it stomachs a pheasant hits before it retaliates. Or least I hope...

Also the idea of two immunities for groudon is sorta cool. :D

Turns out the demo IS the space center. gg guessing guys guess i just suck :c

This is from the UK website, by the way, so it should be coming to Europe too.

This new primal abilities benefit more P-Groudon than P-Kyogre in a 1vs1 and if they're 5 turns I doubt the other team members can abuse it long enough to benefit so...what can do P-Kyogre/Kyogre to hit P-Groudon now? use Ice Beam? maybe it melts and turns into water gun or evaporates.

Edit: The Demo...I wonder if it's a Mega-Deoxys tease! No it can't be it has formes already.
Maybe another related space Pokemon...Clefable, Solrock, Lunatone, etc.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised that Kyogre isn't immune to Ground, because now Groudon still has it's main STAB and can fire off very strong Earthquakes. And if you want to get REALLY obscure it can still have an advantage with Thunderpunch from Tutors - give Kyogre Earth Power plz?
Still, that's just 1 vs 1. I figure they'll be as usable as each other in Ubers and such.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Looks like they're promoting Shoal Cave a lot more this time around. It was quite easy to miss in the originals, but here it is clearly visible in the background from Mossdeep City.

Wonder if the "secret beach" north of Rustboro City will retain its obscurity? It took me over a year to stumble upon it in Emerald.

And, biggest of all, I have renewed faith in overworld Sun. I've always wondered why we've seen ALL other weather effects (bar Shadow Sky) in the overworld, some even multiple times, but no harsh sunlight. After all, gen. III established sunlight and rain as natural opposites, yet we've had a two-digit number of overworld rain routes, a handful of sandstorm routes, a few hail routes, a couple of freaking fog routes, but no places with naturally occuring harsh sunlight.
Then the first ORAS trailer came around, and we saw Groudon basically setting the sky on fire with its ability. That hellscape of a sky would surely never appear naturally, it seemed like harsh sunlight was so much of an exaggeration of regular sunlight that it would never occur in the overworld. No way the sun would ever behave like that on its own.
And now it turns out that the "sky on fire" weather is harsher than regular harsh sunlight. Which means that harsh sunlight could be a naturally occuring weather after all.
Bring me the sun, Hoenn!

This new primal abilities benefit more P-Groudon than P-Kyogre in a 1vs1 and if they're 5 turns I doubt the other team members can abuse it long enough to benefit so...what can do P-Kyogre/Kyogre to hit P-Groudon now? use Ice Beam? maybe it melts and turns into water gun or evaporates.
The weather lasts until they switch out, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)