CAP 19 CAP 19 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TV is poisoning the young'uns minds. It'll give them crabs.

Crabs don't create toxins their selves, but often end up being poisonous to eat because of their diet. And with all that reality TV nowadays I thought I found a niché.

I'm still messing with the colour scheme, having picked the most obvious one out there, but advice and critique would be much appreciated. I'll do comments myself later :D

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My design is a Computer & Acid Battery Symbiote.

Brief Description
I'll post more detailed information later, but here's the quick rundown on the rationale behind this design.

Backstory:
This is a symbiote of two separate creatures, who are joined together permanently, and rely on each other to survive. The computer creature is sightless, but provides locomotion, computation, and data storage. By itself, it has no power source, nor any ability to think subjectively. The acid-filled battery creature generates electrical power, and provides sight and subjective reasoning to the partnership. If separated from the computer, it will generate more and more electricity until it overloads. Unfortunately, the amount of data the computer provides is a bit too much for the battery's brain to comprehend, and it has been driven a little insane. So this pokemon is somewhat schizophrenic when making decisions.

Typing:
Pretty obvious, I think. Acid Battery connotes Poison, Computer connotes Electric.

Ability:
Like most acid batteries, if you add water, it boosts its ability to make electricity (ie. Storm Drain).

Stats:
Since this is a computer, it is extremely fast. The battery generates lots of power, for big special attacks.

I plan to post more sketches later showing how this pokemon is joined together, and using various moves. I also plan to give a lot more explanation and backstory, as I have been having fun thinking it up!

Quanyails I like the fencing one you made a couple of pages back, it looks very sleek and dynamic. I personally know that bluntly attacking a fencer is a very bad idea (being a fencer myself). The sly grin on it's face really makes you think twice before going at it

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Well, originally I was going to wait and work on this a bit more before posting, but here's what my current draft is looking like. The body is now less segmented, and the legs are shorter and hopefully more align with the Pokemon style. The holes on the back are meant to be little water wells/poison ink wells, and they are arranged in a series of three to be sorta of like a plug outlet (the holes were done mostly as a way to try to incorporate water absorb, as the intention was that they'd collect water that would help the mon make his poison). I'm not sure how much I like them, so they may or may not get edited out later on. I still want to add some more shading onto the claws to make them look less flat, and I might make the eyes more slanted to make him look angry/annoyed. He has a mustache in place of mouth pincers because he's a Gentleman. Overall, I'd still like to do a lot of shading with highlights/shadows, but I guess I'm posting now to receive feedback on the design components.

I might edit in some comments for others at some point later, or I might wait to make comments until I post my next update. There's so many great designs in this thread!

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Since we chose Storm Drain, I had to ditch my light bulb. Since then I've tried a handful of different designs and where I've ended up is here:
Oil Spill mon (still a WIP)
edit: Updated the design to look more like the algae eater / pleco variety of catfish.

new description:
This design is based on the suckermouth / algae eater / pleco variety of catfish. This Pokemon sucks up oil from oil spills as fuel for its light-emitting electric whiskers and electric attacks. The bright lights are a beacon for other helpless pokemon that get caught in oil spills. It is very protective over its habitat and very hostile towards the ships that often cause the destruction that it hates.

---
previous version:
http://i.imgur.com/RahzQUZ.jpg

I've taken elements of catfish for the whiskers and larger marine creatures for the body. The fins are made of sludgey oil.
This Pokemon is born of vengeance when oil spills occur. The electro-sensing whiskers on its face and fin are on overdrive, fuelled by the oil and anger, becoming bright and enabling it to see through dark oil slicks. It consumes the oil that invades its home in order to help protect other helpless Pokemon living there. It is very hostile towards ships and will attack them on sight.

Last edited:
Oh dear. Storm Drain won, so R.I.P. Manticore. Gotta go with my stingray design then...
So, two color schemes. First is a dark violet scheme with purple and gold accents, while the second is the generic yellow-and-purple clash for the electric/poison typing. While I like the first one more, I can't help but think the second expresses the typing more, idk o3o

Storm Drain IMO pretty much gives a hint on higher SpA than Atk, so I think the stingray design could represent that (very high speed might be iffy tho). I'll withhold my comments for now since Storm Drain becomes an issue to many of the designs. :(

As always, comments, critiques and criticisms are welcome. :)
I love both, perhaps we can use one as the main sprite and one for the shiny sprite! Anyway, these... are... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear. Storm Drain won, so R.I.P. Manticore. Gotta go with my stingray design then...
So, two color schemes. First is a dark violet scheme with purple and gold accents, while the second is the generic yellow-and-purple clash for the electric/poison typing. While I like the first one more, I can't help but think the second expresses the typing more, idk o3o

Storm Drain IMO pretty much gives a hint on higher SpA than Atk, so I think the stingray design could represent that (very high speed might be iffy tho). I'll withhold my comments for now since Storm Drain becomes an issue to many of the designs. :(

I love both, perhaps we can use one as the main sprite and one for the shiny sprite! Anyway, these... are... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!
I totally agree with this. I like the yellow as the main and the dark one as shiny. Great work again!

you could always put rocket boosters on it if ends up having very high speed :)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Platypi, for those of you who don't know, are monotremes that exemplify our typing of Poison / Electric quite well. They use electric pulses to find their way around murky water, similar to dolphins. They also have poisonous spurs, which they can use to prick incoming predators. My design utilizes both techniques and more. Its spurs face forward for greater offense, while its beak and webbings are super-charged with electricity for extra zapping. Its tail serves a multitude of purposes. Its wiring can be used to shock opponents and prey (Finneon) into submission. It can also store its eggs within the webbing, keeping them warm with its electrical pulses.

This is a pretty significant change from my last post, I'd like to think. Any comments or thoughts? I'm thinking about finalizing this design -- any feedback is appreciated. Sending me a PM or VM is the best way to go about it.

Last edited:

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
A wee bit of an update (and supporting art as well):
http://i.imgur.com/XoJZOZw.jpg
Thumbnail for overall design update:
mod edit: colour changes+ joke isn't a significant update and doesn't warrant a full image post, links only please
Since feedback is kinda conflicted about the two schemes, i decided to at least attempt to get the best of both worlds. Changes include a more yellowish underbelly, golden back patterns, less tail rings and the small purple spikes on the wings removed since some have mentioned that my design is sort of cluttered. What do you think? o3o

Emerald Master i wish the mega gyaras count as rocket boosters lel

As always, comments, critiques and criticisms are welcome :)

Magistrum The Gyarados-Mega "rocket boosters" look hilarious. However, I suggest using two ambiguous Magikarp-like fish as the missiles, rather than those actual Gyarados as shown on the artwork.

Last edited:

paintseagull

pink wingull

************************** Mod PSA **************************

The stats have been decided! They are:
60 HP / 57 Atk / 119 Def / 131 SpA / 98 SpD / 100 Spe

************************ End Mod PSA *************************

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

I am submitting early because my college workload is building up and finding time to sit down and draw is becoming increasingly more difficult. Despite that, I am very happy with what I have created and am looking forward to all the upcoming final submissions as well! My design originally started off as a venomous lizard, but has evolved into being based off of salamanders, more specifically the Spotted Salamander with a little bit of aquatic salamander in there as well.

This highly poisonous Pokemon inhabits damp rainforests, where it hunts its prey with an immobilizing combination of poison and electricity. Its bright coloration warns others of its caustic nature. If approached, it flashes electrically-charged orbs full of paralyzing toxins! When attacked, the opponent receives a toxic shock as the orbs explode, dousing its opponents in electric acid! Much like real-life salamanders, this Pokemon is gifted with incredible healing and is able to quickly regenerate the orbs on its back, much to the attackers dismay. As a result, most Pokemon decide to leave this one be and try to avoid engaging it altogether.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Final Submission
[remove dat art]

I am submitting early because my college workload is building up and finding time to sit down and draw is becoming increasingly more difficult. Despite that, I am very happy with what I have created and am looking forward to all the upcoming final submissions as well! My design originally started off as a venomous lizard, but has evolved into being based off of salamanders, more specifically the Spotted Salamander with a little bit of aquatic salamander in there as well.

This highly poisonous Pokemon inhabits damp rainforests, where it hunts its prey with an immobilizing combination of poison and electricity. Its bright coloration warns others of its caustic nature. If approached, it flashes electrically-charged orbs full of paralyzing toxins! When attacked, the opponent receives a toxic shock as the orbs explode, dousing its opponents in electric acid! Much like real-life salamanders, this Pokemon is gifted with incredible healing and is able to quickly regenerate the orbs on its back, much to the attackers dismay. As a result, most Pokemon decide to leave this one be and try to avoid engaging it altogether.
This looks awesome! I wish I could have some critique for it, but it is easily my favorite of the group!

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, as with other people, Storm Drain sorta offed my other designs. (Dry Skin would have made my Zombie shine though ;w;)
So, I made another concept, based on umbrellas and jellyfish:

It's supposed to look like a princess jellyfish, a la Frillish, except more poisonous.

Again, I would love feedback on how to make it more electric/poison. Simple colorations don't seem to do much, but I'm open to any suggestions on what I can change on its design :D

So with storm drain being its major ability, and while the nuclear waste idea could still work with it, I did have a stroke of inspiration that lead into another possible design.

http://imgur.com/4E9DDYk

Just as a reminder, this design isn't replacing my former one, I'm just also putting this out to see which one is preferred more.

Anyways, onto the design itself, while the design is rather chameleon-like in appearance, I actually had a bit of influence from the akaname, a Japanese mythical creature that, as told by the name's translation, lives in filthy environments and uses its long tongue to eat said grime, hence incorporating the poison-type. However, what really made me consider this design was the fact that most of the time, that location would be a dirty bathroom, which incorporates the storm drain ability precisely, and it is why I added the pipe around its upper body as a sort of armor.

Sorry if it was done by hand and not digitally, but with school starting up and the due date for design coming in surprisingly close I think, I just wanted to get this idea out there as soon as possible.

So again, I hope that I can get some advice as to which concept they like better, and what changes could be made to them. (I also hope that I can have both pictures appear under my name in the overview on page 1.)

While I'm at it, I also should (rather lately) respond to Quanyails suggestion, and say that while I was trying to think about how I could mold the head in a little better with the rest of the body, I found it rather hard to do so. First of all, it would usually be in a hunched over pose, making the neck come up behind the head, and either standing it up or fusing the head into the body would make it look rather weird in my opinion. Additionally, the square head was actually intentional, as I was trying to emulate the bulky square head masks seen on most hazmat suits. There is even a light green screen around the front of the head to show this, though it is a bit easier to see on the first design of it. If you'd like to help, you could probably give me some sort of visual reference, even just a line sketch, to show me what your thinking, but that's entirely optional.

First and foremost, I'm so glad to be taking part in this awesome process of creating a Pokemon! the typing of poison/ electric is quite unique; along with the storm drain ability. I spent time researching various poison animals as reference but in the end I came to a much different idea, and unique instead. An elephant! With storm drain as an ability; the concept of an elephant is almost a no brainier. The trunk of an elephant couldn't suit that ability any better. It's trunk obviously would be responsible for sucking in all water attacks; as well as blowing out smog. I created the tusk almost as an idea for lighting rods, thus being able to harness electrical currents to arm him with the power of electricity. The inside of it's ears are blue due to the storage of all the electricity. All and all, I believe it is a cool concept, he definitely looks intimidating and his build fits the stats perfectly as well. I haven't named the big guy yet...but he's actually a mix of elephant and goblin influences.

Last edited:
[dat art removed dough]

Platypi, for those of you who don't know, are monotremes that exemplify our typing of Poison / Electric quite well. They use electric pulses to find their way around murky water, similar to dolphins. They also have poisonous spurs, which they can use to prick incoming predators. My design utilizes both techniques and more. Its spurs face forward for greater offense, while its beak and webbings are super-charged with electricity for extra zapping. Its tail serves a multitude of purposes. Its wiring can be used to shock opponents and prey (Finneon) into submission. It can also store its eggs within the webbing, keeping them warm with its electrical pulses.

This is a pretty significant change from my last post, I'd like to think. Any comments or thoughts? I'm thinking about finalizing this design -- any feedback is appreciated. Sending me a PM or VM is the best way to go about it.
I think the eggs add unnecessary complexity to the design. (Plus if you think about it, why would you try to zap enemies and prey with the thing holding your eggs?) But I definitely love the idea. Keep up the good work.

First and foremost, I'm so glad to be taking part in this awesome process of creating a Pokemon! the typing of poison/ electric is quite unique; along with the storm drain ability. I spent time researching various poison animals as reference but in the end I came to a much different idea, and unique instead. An elephant! With storm drain as an ability; the concept of an elephant is almost a no brainier. The trunk of an elephant couldn't suit that ability any better. It's trunk obviously would be responsible for sucking in all water attacks; as well as blowing out smog. I created the tusk almost as an idea for lighting rods, thus being able to harness electrical currents to arm him with the power of electricity. The inside of it's ears are blue due to the storage of all the electricity. All and all, I believe it is a cool concept, he definitely looks intimidating and his build fits the stats perfectly as well. I designed other forms as well as support but i don't know how to thumbnail them. If someone could help me after I post them it would be greatly appreciated!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa87/salaslash/cap19.jpg
There's been a lot of poisonous animals in this thread, especially amphibians thanks to storm drain, but an electric elephant? I can SO get behind that. Definitely my favourite design so far.

Final Submission

I'm afraid I've ran out of time for design adjustments... And learning how to do proper line-art and shading, that I shoulda made time for too. Even so; I present to you the crab on which you can watch cribs and other poison for the mind. Like Kingler, it's got that low HP high Def vibe going on, and it's claws are smaller and there's less force behind them (but if this guy by some miracle wins, please give him crabhammer anyway) but it can show some powerful imagery (SPA) and gives you seizures with rapidly flashing images (SPE). CrabCAP also likes rainy days, because that's when everyone mindlessly watches TV. Well that and it's semi-aquatic.

kbye

Last edited:

paintseagull

pink wingull
************************** Mod PSA **************************

The secondary ability poll is up! It will be done around mid-day (EDT) on Sunday, and we have 24 hours after that before submissions should close. Since I can't make the poll during the day, I'll tentatively set the deadline for submissions to be:
8pm EDT Monday September 15th
This might change slightly depending on the availability of the other mods. I'll post here if so.

************************ End Mod PSA *************************
*​

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

I tried sketching other designs out, but I didn't like the sketches I made compared to designs other people had already, so I ended up continuing to work on this one. Sorry, Emerald Master; the lancer's foil turned into a retractable spike from the comments I got about the design looking less Electric/Poison compared to a more Steel-type design.

Comments:

In general, make sure sure that the final submission you post is legal! I keep track of final submission images in the second post of the thread, so keep an eye on that. :) Feel free to VM or PM me if you've made changes to a submission I haven't caught.

• epicparker: Now the design draws attention away from Water as a potential typing, but not enough such that it doesn't fit Storm Drain. That's great for your design! The one thing that bugs me about the design is something more technical. The mantle is a little lopsided and the shading is shiny like an inflated balloon rather than something more fleshy. I'm interpreting the mantle as a rubber mask that protects the Pokemon from its own attacks rather than a filled sack with bright electricity inside.
  • Magistrum: I was more fond of your use of cyan, since otherwise the current colors don't seem particularly striking to me. The Tron lines fit the design as an Electric-type and as an aquatic creature. Fewer details are nicer for spriters. It'd also push away the stigma of CAPs being complex in design.
  • tea_and_blues: I love the swirls in your design, and I think the shape of the feet is quite clever. I can suppose an acid rain cloud fits Storm Drain, although it's more the storm itself. :P I'm not particularly fond of how the purple contrasts with the yellow-gray. The saturated purple draws my eyes toward the drops of acid instead of the 'center' of the design. Changing the hue of the yellow-grey top would make the contrast less evident, although it's all right as it is as a design; it's only an element I noticed related more to the technical side of art.
  • Wahrer: Remember that the design comes first and foremost; all you have in the art poll is the main design rather than flavor. I think your concept's not bad and can be made to fit Electric/Poison. I suppose Storm Drain is less evident, but then again, so my design. :U I like the idea of poofy hair, so I look forward to that in a refined image!
  • Mos-Quitoxe: Neat design; it fits quite well with Electric/Poison and Storm Drain, although one could argue it looks too aquatic. Granted, Stunfisk and Inkay/Malamar are aquatic creatures that don't have Water as a typing, so the precedent holds. I give you points for creativity, but the overall design makes me think of Basculin or something---a common Pokemmon that you encounter while using Surf, rather unextraordinary, in other words. :/ CAPs tend to demand extraordinariness. Maybe I'll be swayed when coloring comes around, but currently, I'm not that impressed.
  • Brylark: Cute. :3 Yeah, mushrooms appear after rain, and I think that fits, honestly, really well with Storm Drain. I'm not entirely convinced that this mushroom is an Electric/Poison type (since the examples of mushrooms in Pokemon are all Grass-types), but the choice of color does make me hesitate. I was thinking that the spots on the mushroom cap could be more blotchy and rotten-looking to convey Poison, although that rather takes away from the overall cleanliness of the design. I suppose the design and typing come at odds a little. :P
  • useless trainer: Ooh, your hand-drawn sketch is really funky-looking. :D I'm swayed much more than the digital version previously uploaded. The design does a great job at conveying the typings, and it certainly looks specially-offensive. The design is both inspirationally and stylistically fantastic! I just wish Storm Drain fit better on it. :/
  • Kingriolu: Make sure to crop the image after scanning. :) The concept is neat, fitting all of the requirements the CAP has so far. I'd like to see more detail color-wise (unless the body is meant to be monochrome) so I really get drawn to the design!
  • PixelMoniac_: Hmm, I'm less fond of the slug-like body in your newest design. The change, to me, just seems like it's meant to follow in Gastrodon's footsteps, and mimicking another Pokemon doesn't really help the design stand by itself. I was fond of your previous, legged design, even if it showed Storm Drain less well.
  • HallowedHarlequin: Neat, a hydra. That fits Storm Drain and could have paralyzing attacks. The design definitely is easier to interpret. :) Try Paint out, but this drawing is good to fall back on. ouob
  • Yveltal: Design A still gets my favor. I may like design B more if I could understand what it was. The guitar components look messy and scattered to me thus far. Maybe that'll change with coloring.
  • Blue Frog: Yeah, the body and limbs look a lot more cohesive. :) The design overall is more solid. The yellow parts of the limbs still look like they're in front of the slime. If you look at the arms, the slime just go behind the hands, from both the front and the back. I was thinking that the slime envelops the top of the hands if not channel into them from somewhere. Storm Drain is neat as an ability for a Pokemon based on this concept, since nuclear reactors do need a lot of water for cooling, as Jaiho mentioned. I'd buy it.
  • Yilx: The first thing that caught my attention were the blue 'pulses' that mark around the design. That's a creative implementation of Electric as a typing that draws my attention! The unique eyes reenforce that pattern as well. You've done a great job giving this frog its own identity.
  • Superacoon: The concept is interesting and fitting for the CAP, but the current, scanned colors don't draw my attention. Could you saturate and brighten them a little? I think I would be drawn toward the design more if the heads had personality; they currently look animalistic and dull, in contrast to the more animated and cartoony designs some Pokemon have.
  • Knirp: With these changes, the comparison to the Blitzle line is less apparent. ouob I find Electric/Poison less obvious, but I can figure it out. I do wish the design was more 'computerized', since it strikes me as a horse with a spiky helmet and greaves instead of the horse itself being a virus. Granted, I can't think of many design elements indicative of computer viruses other than the Blue Screen of Death. Also, uh, Knirp, could you make the horse's hindquarters and hock less... round?
  • Sgt.Moose: Two heads work for me. ouob I'd say to not force Storm Drain into a design, but the root-like feet don't harm it. It's not entirely telling that that's meant to identify as Storm Drain, however.
  • The Steam Punk: The design hits all of the attributes given to the CAP so far. ouob It fits right among the other designs based off of snakes and eels, so I must wonder how you'll get yours to stand out?
  • Absolclaw: You know, I really am fond of your design for how it bears similarity to the electric rodents in-game. :) The eye in particular seems very Sugimori-ish. I'd still recommend you make the body less than a few nubs and have all of the detail elsewhere. Even refining the shape of the feet with some deeper shading might suffice.
  • Regime: Cool. ouob Just make sure to say Electric/Poison foremost over something like Ground from the craters on its back. I'm sure coloring will dissuade that idea.
  • bravesaint44: Art takes practice. :/ What parts of it do you have trouble with? With a trackpad, I figure that drawing straight lines might be tricky. There are various art programs that'll allow you to draw vector-based graphics so your lines come out more sharply. For a first attempt, though, it's not that bad. o.O All of the ideas are there. I think you just need a better hold on the technique. Would you like me to comment more about the design, or would you rather work on the technical parts?
  • Birkal: Ooh, cool design. ouob I approve of it compared to the sketch, although that might just be because you detailed in this drawing compared to the last one. The design makes more sense together, and the anatomy looks a lot sharper than your previous renditions. The one thing I don't get is the shape of the hands; they look like purple bananas. They just stick out to me compared to the rugged build of your platypus. Beyond that, however, the design is solid. ouob
  • Kirby_Ampharos: Take a look at your fifth word. It takes strong design arguments to say that a metallic orb is not a Steel-type, I would think. What could you do with the design to suggest otherwise?
  • D4rk3r: Neon tracks! Neat. :) I don't see too much water, actually, unless you mean the hood, which is transparent and bubbly. I could see it as a sack of poison for Poison as a type, or maybe for Storm Drain, so either way, that works out.
  • Laytho2: Electric/Poison fits this creative interpretation, but Storm Drain is hard to see on the design. If this CAP got Gooey, it'd be a different story. I'm not sure whether I like your posted design or the alternate. Both symmetry and contrast belp a design's composition in differing ways.
  • Golurkyourself: The design is still fantastic, and Storm Drain is a boon. I find it strange, technically, how the left arm (our perspective) is next to the body while the right arm is swung outwards, yet they end at the same depth. It makes me think that the right arm ls longer than the left. Do you think it would be possible to modify one of the arms so they look to be the same length? It's a small thing, really. :P
  • Bird: Interesting concept and great design. :) I'm not entirely sure how a television and crab meet, but you make it come together naturally. Electric I see as a typing and Storm Drain is acceptable by the aquatic concept, but currently, I just see Poison through purple. However, it doesn't come off as any other typing more significantly, so that's not really an issue.
  • DougJustDoug: Ooh, the computer grid markings look really neat and contrasts with the blobby creature in the middle. Electric/Poison is evident in the design, but I think that Storm Drain's reasoning is handwave-y. Haha, it's better than my explanation for it, though!
  • HeaLnDeaL: The simplifying details help a lot with the scorpion's style. :) Great job. The holes are a great addition that fits Pokemon's tendency for decoration while still being fitting. I'm not too fond of the mustache, but I can tell that's integral to your design. :)
  • paintseagull: The colors and bulbous barbels are really nice elements in your design. I love how you make the inkiness of the patterns and fins mesh together. It's a really distinct representation of the competitive elements we have so far!
  • sunfished: Poison is clear, although Electric is less evident. If I had to say, the swirly pinks and purples could mean Psychic. For Electric, there's always the route of making bolt-like tentacles or brighter, glowing spots on the 'hat'. I'd try to go for something more creative, however.
  • CyberFive: For the older design, I figured that giving the body a more rectangular appearance would help--either that, or making the disjunctions in the design more prevalent. If the head is meant to stand out, a greater contrast might be nice to invoke that distinction rather than it sorta fitting but sorta not fitting into the body. I like what you've done design-wise with your newer lizard. :) It's a funny literal depiction of Storm Drain that matches the design. I would say to curb the drool and water on the design--making them more purple, possibly--to focus on the poison. I like the electric-blue tongue, just to say. Just not the saliva dripping off of it.
  • Salamachine: Ooh, Funky design. ouob I definitely give you points for originality and style. Electric I see, and an elephant fits the idea of Storm Drain very well with that trunk of it. I don't see Poison as a typing too much, however--just the purple bits might imply that. The scowl and dark blue it has might make me think of Electric/Dark. I personally would think of a way to capture Poison as a typing without sticking the expected noxious elements in there. For your Final Submission, you'll have to take that bold border off of the drawing, just to give you a head's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)