2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good result for England, Wilshere playing DM won't work, Welbeck had a ropey game + 2 great finishes, Sterling should stay wide, Henderson was very nice and composed.

I know everyone's talking about the front three but I really liked the looked of the midfield three. Wilshere deepest with Henderson and Delph above him. I really hate it when Woy plays Henderson as a DM in a 4-2-3-1, he's not very good when he's not allowed to make forward runs.

From the way England played yesterday it looked like Welbeck, Rooney and Sterling were in a front three and could do whatever they wanted while we had two box-to-box mids and a defensive cover. That's exactly what I wanted to see from England. However Wilshere does not have a defensive brain and I hope Hodgeson was not trying to fit big names in for the sake of it. I would sooner drop Wilshere than use him in front of the back four because he doesn't do a good job there. It's funny because Chambers was the only defensively minded midfielder in the squad so I'm hoping he was just asking Wilshere to fill in.

Long term I personally can see Chambers being a solid DM, he's actually very good with the ball at his feet, too good for a CB, and he's not tall enough to be a dominating CB, he has to compensate with good positioning to win headers. If England don't have any better DMs anymore then I'd personally play Chambers in front of the back four from now on and let Wilshere get closer to the attack where he's best. Walcott, Ox, Lallana, Sturridge, we have a lot of great options to come on for the front 3.

"With the risk of stepping on toes here: Hasn't anyone in media reacted to the remarkable asymmetry in the color of the skin of ManU's transfers this summer? Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal has dropped Welbeck, Zaha, Evra, Bebe, Nani, Kagawa, and could soon start with an all-white 11. Add the Dutch heritage of racial abuse in Ajax and the national team" lol

Also Agger moving to Brondby, what happened...

Even though he is a good player, I am not all that sure Kagawa would have even been bought if he wasn't Asian in the first place. Gotta have some of that lucrative shirt market.

Did you guys read about that whole Maicon and the Brazil national team thingy? I dunno if I'm supposed to laugh or feel completely weirded out, lol.

(For those who don't know, he was thrown out of the Brazil squad after apparently having jizzed into another player's shampoo bottle as a joke)

"With the risk of stepping on toes here: Hasn't anyone in media reacted to the remarkable asymmetry in the color of the skin of ManU's transfers this summer? Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal has dropped Welbeck, Zaha, Evra, Bebe, Nani, Kagawa, and could soon start with an all-white 11. Add the Dutch heritage of racial abuse in Ajax and the national team" lol

Also Agger moving to Brondby, what happened...
and yet we still have Tony V and Ashley Young doing naff all.

Did you guys read about that whole Maicon and the Brazil national team thingy? I dunno if I'm supposed to laugh or feel completely weirded out, lol.

(For those who don't know, he was thrown out of the Brazil squad after apparently having jizzed into another player's shampoo bottle as a joke)

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Fuck these international breaks, feels like it's been a year since that Costa brace against Everton.
Welbeck looked sharp and was unlucky to have not scored and I was surprised that Pellegrini gave players like Lampard and Milner a start in such an important game. Their midfield was all over the place and Arsenal were dominating the game until Agüero scored. Even after that, they continued to control the midfield and Wilshere was able to equalise. Sanchez had a decent game, didn't do much apart from scoring that delicious volley and almost dribbling all the way through City's defence that one time in the first half. An Arsenal win would've been better but I'm content with City dropping points. Now lets cancel out that BS own goal :(

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
anyone else notice this season is a lot like 2010-2011, so far? Aston Villa in the top 4 and chelsea with a perfect record. Also it's after a world cup.

i captained neither fabregas or costa .cry.

City clearly thought they could rest Toure and Dzeko ahead of their CL game, when you look at the Arsenal team you can understand why. Unbeaten start isn't a bad result but I think we can already just give up the title dream... Striker is a Man Utd reject + Ozil and Sanchez + mainly £10m or less players + free agents/free academy products. Wilshere will improve though, he is gonna have a big season and if it was up to me he would be a first choice mid. Looks like Wenger is thinking the same.

Also lol at Real! Ronaldo -> Man Utd?

does ozil even give a shit anymore especially after being apart of the Germany team plus he is earning a lot of money.
Seems more interested in posting on twitter or facebook. for 2 years at madrid he was one of the best players in the world now is just a shadow of himself.
Also Ramsey's form is worrying.

Bale's form should also be worrying. He was decent in preseason but has been truly dreadful so far except for his one goal. he really is one dimensional. how people think he is near ribery and robben is beyond me.
James hasn't been that great either but has been much better than bale.

didn't see the chelsea game but like what i am reading.
seems like hazard had his best game, oscar is playing well and costa is on fire.

Ramsey form worrying? Lol, he's not in a slump. The fuck is wrong with ppl.

Özil seems to just not be able to handle this league..plus he's constantly being played outside. Give him wingers on both sides and Welbeck doing work... it's over. Beautiful passes galore.

Fucking finally. Things are starting to click together and everyone is in their proper places. Let's hope we see some Falcao now plz.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Don't get ahead of yourselves, this is a team that's been tipped for relegation. If they keep this up though, they might just have a shot at pipping Liverpool to fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)