Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

I would really like one pls. I wouldn't be able to get the actual smash bros for at least a week or two after it releases.

Any EU or AU codes would be very appreciated.
Your in luck, Mew2 might still have one.

That moment when you find an exploit against level 9 computers. Now I just want to fight human players even more. :(
Whats the exploit? I've been playing against humans more then cpu's so I haven't had the chance to explore it.

Anyway, I could go on and on about this game.
2 things I like

1. If you preform your recovery under the stage but more towards the ledge, it has a very high tendency to pull you up to the ledge.

2. If Mega Man has stuck you with a bomb and you are using Link, crouch and the bomb will do no damage no matter where it stuck you.

(Another thing, any luck with the GameXplain code?)

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Whats the exploit? I've been playing against humans more then cpu's so I haven't had the chance to explore it.
I've only tested it with Mario, Link, and Pikachu, since I doubt that Megaman and Villager would be able to pull it off. Basically, I up tilt them into the air a few times. Then they eventually get knocked back enough for them to have time to air dodge. The thing is, they almost always air dodge, so I can take advantage of that by going for another up tilt, and I can go for a side smash when the time is right. It can be tough to get close enough to land the first shot, since they're level 9 computers and all, but I've managed to deal around 60-70% through this method every time.

I've only tested it with Mario, Link, and Pikachu, since I doubt that Megaman and Villager would be able to pull it off. Basically, I up tilt them into the air a few times. Then they eventually get knocked back enough for them to have time to air dodge. The thing is, they almost always air dodge, so I can take advantage of that by going for another up tilt, and I can go for a side smash when the time is right. It can be tough to get close enough to land the first shot, since they're level 9 computers and all, but I've managed to deal around 60-70% through this method every time.
So basically you have played the demo so much that you now know how to beat a level 9 CPU with extreme ease. I feel bad for you that this game will be in the spotlight for the next 4 years at least, and it will be hard not to be tempted to do this every time you fight a CPU, but thankfully online mode seems to be a lot better from what I've seen on twitch. Good job finding that though, I'm tempted myself to go try it.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So basically you have played the demo so much that you now know how to beat a level 9 CPU with extreme ease. I feel bad for you that this game will be in the spotlight for the next 4 years at least, and it will be hard not to be tempted to do this every time you fight a CPU, but thankfully online mode seems to be a lot better from what I've seen on twitch. Good job finding that though, I'm tempted myself to go try it.
I do fight them for real most of the time, I was just testing some things out here and there is all.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Sorry for double post.
I just have to say, the Ore Club is a beautiful weapon when you smash attack. Its decently powerful, but it sends out a twister similar to the item "Gust Bellows," which on its own is a magnificent item. I have no images or video's, but if you look it up I'm sure you will find something.
Except the model is all artifacting and broken lol. Pause when you're holding it still and take a look at it then. The model is whack lol will edit this when I'm out of bed and not on mobile lol

EDIT: Back on PC now. I've just been screwing around really in the demo at the moment, going to try out some Level 9 AI's in a bit :)

Last edited:
Just as a note, from what I've read by pro players tilt chaining seems to be a fairly effective tactic regardless (although it may not guarantee you 80% damage...)

My friend and I are going to try to buy ourselves demo codes tomorrow, anything we can do to waste our time on it over skype together. :p

Not sure if this is the correct thread but I got an European code if anyone wants it.

EDIT: I don't guarantee it will work but give it a shot right :) and btw still looking for an U.S Smash code
If you still have i'll take it <3

Edit: I think someone else got it but thanks anyway!!

Last edited:
I'm noticing that a lot of assist trophies act like pseudo-characters; they have a few different moves, move around like characters and can even be attacked. Ghirahim, Elec Man and dark Samus all seem to do it.

Also, Pikachu's Thunder goes through Battlefield's middle platform. But not the others, for some reason.
Just as a note, from what I've read by pro players tilt chaining seems to be a fairly effective tactic regardless (although it may not guarantee you 80% damage...)
I have no idea how to utilt with tap jump on; i always end up jumping or smashing instead...

As the name implies, you have to tilt the stick.

Pikachu's Thunder apparently combo breaks at any percentage too. There are a lot of little glitches that I assume will get patched when the US version comes out.

I have no idea how to utilt with tap jump on; i always end up jumping or smashing instead...
just wanted to pipe in to say that I find the easiest way to utilt (whether tap jump is on or not) is to buffer the attack while your character is busy doing something else-- tilt the control stick up while you're doing a dash attack or landing an aerial

gently tilting the stick (or going halfway up) may also be an option if that works for you, but I find it hard to do that quickly

Alright after playing around with Mega Man some I thought I would share my thoughts (for those of you who arent on Smashboards. This is all pretty much there too. Seriously, get a Smashboards acc)

Alright, so, Mega Man. First thing I noticed about him is his Blaster. The range on this thing is just terrible, and often does minimal damage that you shouldn't consider using it. In the air you have better options such as the Fair or Bair, and Mega Man is a sitting duck when he's stationary. However, it is decent to get a percent or two as you're running, but when using them while running as your F Tilt, you cant dash, and even then, Mega Man's Dash Attack is really good for combo starting. So really, his main projectile isnt too good. The Metal Blade (Neutral B) however is decent for adding some pressure and long range damage. Additionlly, the Crash Bomb (Side B) is great for adding pressure and causing your opponent to Spot Dodge, Air Dodge, or move, allowing for some great punishment, and if it connects, then its great for combobreaking/starting. The Lead Shield (Down B) is nothing to right home about, but its good for stopping projectiles and inflicting some hitstun to take advantage of with a grab.

Mega Man's Up Smash, Down Smash, and F Smash all are decent kill options. The Up Smash is great for a D Throw combo at low percentage and reminds me of Marth's but with a larger hitbox. The Down Smash is decent for edgeguarding and Fair -> DTilt -> D Smash combos, I've found. And Finally, the F Smash is the best out of his Smash Attacks. Its a charge shot thats nice for punishing landing lag and missed grabs. However, all of these moves have a huge problem: Lag. They all have a fair amount of start-up lag, especially the Down Smash, making them somewhat easy to be shielded on. Also, they each have huge end lag, especially the F Smash. Still, the F Smash seems to be excellent for edgeguarding, especially given the new Edgeguard mechanics.

Now to the aerials. Mega Man's Fair and Bair are quick slashes, both being great for comboing, especially the Fair. The Bair also carries decent knock back with it. The Nair is the blaster, which I covered earlier, and the Dair is a Meteor Smash. However, the Dair has insane startup lag, landing lag, and ending lag, as well as a small hitbox, so I don't expect that to be used much. However, I did notice something huge about it. When Mega Man uses his Dair, all his horizontal momentum stays constant, while his vertical motion stops. His Dair is very good for horizontal recovery, basically. His Up Air is a Tornado Blast thing (Think Air Man from MM2). Its got low startup lag and has amazing hitstun. One combo I was fond of was Uptilt (Mega Man Upper) into the Up Air. The high vertical knock back of the Up tilit when combined with the Up Air took characters very far. However, I haven't tested this with a human so I don't know how DI dependent this is, but at high percentages I found Up Tilt -> Up Air to be very good at taking lighter characters to the top blast zone. For comparison, this combo took a ~95%
Villager to the top of Battlefield. http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-weight-rankings.367479/ According to that, Villager is mid-weight.

One final thing, I want to touch on Rush (Up B). Rush takes Mega Man very far vertically, and when combined with the Dair's horizontal recovery power, Mega Man has no issues getting back to the stage. Also Rush can combobreak (confirmed to be in the JPN release) so there's that. Oh, and Mega Man can attack out of Rush too, so with that and the combobreaking capabilities, Rush is very important for Mega Man to escape punishment and retaliate.

Hope that helps for anyone interested in Mega Man. :]

EDIT: Oh and the throws. Up Throw has a lot of knockback, but idk if its a killthrow given how high blast zones are now. F Throw is alright for spacing, but Mega Man sorta sucks at spacing, so... and D Throw is great for comboing at low percentages.

The whole Dair thing with horizontal momentum is sorta hard to pull off on the 3DS, but its a technique I think is worth it given how fast Mega Man falls.

Last edited:

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm about to give up; it's a shame that people are selling their platinum codes instead of giving them away but I guess this just shows the lack of generosity this society has. Basically, if you aren't rich, famous or really really really lucky you won't play Smash till next Friday. Thanks world

I'm about to give up; it's a shame that people are selling their platinum codes instead of giving them away but I guess this just shows the lack of generosity this society has. Basically, if you aren't rich, famous or really really really lucky you won't play Smash till next Friday. Thanks world
Why not sell it if someone is dumb enough to buy it?

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
oml people are actually bidding for the codes when i check ebay o.o

who would pay 50 bucks to play a week early lol?

Well you're not entitled to a code. I mean I know that situation you're in, I spent most of the afternoon last night finding a code (eventually got one from a fren who got their codes later in the day), but the whole thing about a lack of generosity really rubs me the wrong way.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Nintendo for causing all this. Why the demo just isn't out completely, let alone the game, is beyond me.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Well you're not entitled to a code. I mean I know that situation you're in, I spent most of the afternoon last night finding a code (eventually got one from a fren who got their codes later in the day), but the whole thing about a lack of generosity really rubs me the wrong way.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Nintendo for causing all this. Why the demo just isn't out completely, let alone the game, is beyond me.
I disagree. If you want to blame anything, blame your own attitude. What right does anyone have to complain about free stuff? You're basically getting the bare basics of the game a few weeks early... For free. Nobody cares if it doesn't live up to your expectations.

Mew2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)