Sinnoh Cup II Round 4 (yeah at last)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the bottom of the page to see what's new.
THE SINNOH (II) CUP

Welcome to the Sinnoh Cup. This is a HG/SS OU league-style tournament in which 42 participants will be separated into 6 divisions of 7 players each. These divisions are separated into two leagues-

Diamond League Divisions:

Infernape Division
Weavile Division
Kingdra Division

Pearl League Divisions:

Empoleon Division
Flygon Division
Lucario Division

Format:
  • 2 Leagues
  • 6 Divisions
  • 3 Divisions per league
  • 42 total players
  • 7 players per division
  • 21 players per league

Each entrant starts off with 5 points. Each week they will be matched up in a pool with two other players and will play one game vs each player. They will gain/lose points based on their wins and losses in their pool (the number can not fall below 0):
  • 2 wins = 3 points
  • 1 win w/activity (Match was played/opponent was a "No Show") = 1 point
  • 0 wins = -1 point
In the event that a match is not played and a win is awarded to a player via coin flip, 1 point will be deducted from each player's points gained from the round (i.e. - Player X gets 2 wins, which nets him 3 points. However, one of his wins is given via coin flip. Player X now earns 2 points for the round instead of 3). Losses do not gain or lose points unless they were decided by activity or coin flip.

Example:

Pools will change each round and there will be 5 rounds total. Everyone will not get to play everyone else, but no one will play each other twice (until possibly Wild Card Week/Playoffs).

At the end of the regular season period, points will be added up and the player with the most points in each division will be the Division Leader. These players will move into the playoff round. The players with the second most amount of points in their division will become Wild Cards that are eligible for the Wild Card Round. If there is a tie for either Division Leader or Wild Card, rankings will be broken down by first by head-to-head, then by win/loss records (first by number of wins, then by losses).

During the Wild Card Round, Wild Cards will be separated into pools of 3 against the players of their own league. Instead of competing for skill points, players will play Best of 3 Matches against the other two players in their pool. The player with the best record will move on to next week's playoff round. Rankings will be broken down by wins, then by losses during Wild Card Week. Ties for this round will be broken down first by total season points gained, then by head-to-head (from regular season results), then by win/loss records (also from regular season results; excluding Wild Card week results).

For all consecutive Playoff Weeks:
  • Matchups will consist of Best 2 out of 3 matches
  • League Semifinals will once again separate players by league and match them up randomly with one of the other three players
  • Finals will match up the remaining four players, once again in their respective leagues. The winners of these matches will be dubbed their league's "League Leader".
  • The Sinnoh Cup Championship will matchup the League Leaders. The winner of this match will be the Sinnoh Cup Champion.

Deadlines & Activity:
I am enforcing strict deadline rules for this tournament. Each round will only be a week long...exactly. If you have issues scheduling a match and believe you'll need an extension, you must notify me via the thread for the current round, VM, or PM at no later than 48 HOURS before the current week's deadline. If you are playing your match within a few hours after the deadline will have passed, I won't penalize you, but notify me first and make sure it gets done within that time frame. Other than that, any potential exceptions for extensions will be handled at my discretion.

I STRONGLY recommend that you post or message me whenever you attempt to contact your opponent. I will not know if you've been sending messages to your opponents if you do not tell me and when I have to make a decision at the end of the week I can only make assumptions as to your general activity in this tournament.

Battle Rules:
You may use either Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown to do your matches.

• TIMED BATTLE CLAUSE REQUIRED! PM me if your opponent times out, and you will get the win. DO NOT allow your opponents to play after they time out.
  • Species Clause. A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • In the OU environment, you are not allowed to use Pokémon classified as Uber.
  • All tiers are based on Smogon Tiers. The current status of the appropriate standard ladder will function as the prevailing tier list. If you have any question about whether a particular Pokemon is banned or not in any particular tier, reference the "ban list" of the appropriate ladder available on the Pokemon Online server. This is not confusing. There will be no exceptions.
  • Sleep Clause. A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause. A player cannot increase their pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause. Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Self-KO Clause. Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie. If a move that has recoil damage causes a tie, the user of the move is the winner.
  • Soul Dew Clause. The item Soul Dew is banned in the OU environment.

List of participants:
1- SOMALIA Whitequeen
2- Raseri
3- Soulwind
4- BKC
5- Kuja20
6- marcelodk
7- floppy
8- mcmeghan
9- Rewer
10- high impulse
11- nachos
12- 199 lives
13- iconic Pat Labor
14- jirachee
15- cicada
16- badass
17- fatty HNA
18- Reyscarface Sweep
19- Boudouche
20- Tomahawk
21- twash
22- mdragon
23- heist
24- Reymedy -clone-
25- Vinc2612
26- Ironbullet93
27- honor
28- cristal
29- Mizuhime
30- FLCL
31- Ezio Stone Cold
32- kael Pokebasket
33- HotnCold Harsha
34- Alf'
35- Leftiez
36- Hantsuki
37- Laurel Finchinator
38- Steven Snype
39- Conflict
40- Zebraiken
41- Navy
42- Sapienta

List of Substitutes:
TewMew

Diamond League

Infernape division

- BKC
- Rewer
- Navy
- Tomahawk
- Lavos Spawn
- Conflict
- boudouche

Weavile division

- kuja20
- Cicada
- Heist
- fatty
- H-C
- Mizuhime
- 199 Lives

Kingdra division

- Hot N Cold
- Sweep
- Reymedy
- SoulWind
- Honor
- M Dragon
- Iconic

PEARL LEAGUE

Empoleon division
- pokebasket
- Steven Snype
- SOMALIA
- Hantsuki
- McMeghan
- Ojama
- Bad Ass

Flygon division
- Floppy
- Sapientia
- Alf'
- Stone_Cold
- High Impulse
- IronBullet93
- Nachos

Lucario division
- Zebraiken
- MarceloDK
- Jirachee
- Vinc2612
- Cristal
- Leftiez
- Finchinator

Battle pairings:

Pool 1
M Dragon vs H-C
M Dragon vs BKC
H-C
vs BKC

Pool 2
Rewer vs Sweep
Rewer vs HNA
Sweep vs HNA

Pool 3
Navy vs Steven snype
Heist
vs Steven snype
Navy vs Heist

Pool 4
Tomahawk vs Honor
Tomahawk
vs Nachos
Honor
vs Nachos

Pool 5
HBK vs ironbullet93
Bad ass vs ironbullet93
HBK vs Bad ass

Pool 6
Conflict vs Finchinator
McMeghan
vs Finchinator
Conflict vs Mcmeghan

Pool 7
Boudouche vs Pokebasket
Soulwind vs Pokebasket
Soulwind
vs Boudouche

Pool 8
Kuja20 vs MarceloDK
Raseri
vs MarceloDK
Raseri vs Kuja20

Pool 9
Cicada vs Floppy
-Clone- vs Floppy
Cicada vs -Clone-

Pool 10
Mizuhime vs Vinc2612
Whitequeen
vs Vinc2612
Whitequeen
vs Mizuhime

Pool 11
Sapienta vs Cristal
199 lives vs Cristal
199 lives vs Sapienta

Pool 12
Alf' vs Jirachee
Harsha
vs Jirachee
Alf'
vs Harsha

Pool 13
Hantsuki vs Zebraiken
Pat Labor vs Hantsuki
Pat Labor vs Zebraiken

Pool 14
High Impulse vs Stone Cold
Stone Cold vs Leftiez
Leftiez vs High Impulse

PLATINUM LEAGUE MATCHUPS. (You have a chance to make into the main part of this tournament)

The platinum League is a special side event / mini-tournament included. Starting Round 2, 16 lucky substitutes will paired off in a 1v1 single elimination bracket with new pairings each round (same deadlines as the main event). They will follow the aforementioned battling rules in a Best of 3 format. Any remaining players will once again become subs for this side event, eligible for substitution only during Round 2 (Remember that both the main event and platinum League share the same numbers for the current round).

When the final 2 contestants remain, they will be allowed to challenge any eligible Wild Card player for their spot in the tournament, also following the aforementioned battling rules in 1v1 Best of 3 format. Challenges must be completed before the challenged Wild Card plays any of his Wild Card matches and he MUST answer the challenge. I'll include a reminder and details as needed when the Wild Card Round begins.

Pairings for round 3 of the platinum league:
Brap vs During Summer
Adversary vs Hangover

Extension until Sunday 10pm GMT+2:
Pat Labor vs Conflict (AW)
-Clone- vs Jirachee
Harsha vs HBK

Coinflip for this one:
Hantsuki vs Bad Ass

Deadline for this round is the 21th of September; 10pm GMT+2
Here is the link of the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EdnLVwg5Jua0rvoJN61imsnII/edit#gid=1966457640

If you find out any errors in the pairings or in the spreadsheet, report them asap.

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
haxed the fuck out of jirachee for a win

id say "gg" but it was completely one sided so idk if he will or not. gg tho :/

thanks for the team tho irra ^_^

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
haxed the fuck out of jirachee for a win

id say "gg" but it was completely one sided so idk if he will or not. gg tho :/

thanks for the team tho irra ^_^
sorry for being salty in the game but if I didn't get full para'd at the end my jirachi would have taken your fire blast and killed your last 2 pkmn, gg I guess

harsha shouldn't be hard to find and I'll contact alf

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sorry for being salty in the game but if I didn't get full para'd at the end my jirachi would have taken your fire blast and killed your last 2 pkmn, gg I guess

harsha shouldn't be hard to find and I'll contact alf
no its fine. that game was p bullshit tbh

contacting my opps now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)