ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're getting old, I'm old =/

I'm seriously thinking in buy 2 versions now! But Smash has Megaman on it. Dang it nintendo, stop taking me money.

Btw:

The aesthetics of the Global Link remain the same, but there are new features including the ability to upload photos you take during Pokémon Contest, and the game keeping track of the popular places to build Super Secret Bases.

YES!! YES!! YES!!

Last edited:
Sonic Boom looks like the best thing to happen to Sonic in forever and it had to come out at the same time as ORAS and Smash Bros. why.why, plz stop nintendo

back on topic, sucks that you're not even allowed to use XY in tournaments. However, on the plus side... using ORAS should finally abolish the Kalos Dex only rule. But I swear, I fucking swear, if they make it Hoenn Dex only...

Sonic Boom looks like the best thing to happen to Sonic in forever and it had to come out at the same time as ORAS and Smash Bros. why.why, plz stop nintendo

back on topic, sucks that you're not even allowed to use XY in tournaments. However, on the plus side... using ORAS should finally abolish the Kalos Dex only rule. But I swear, I fucking swear, if they make it Hoenn Dex only...
When Platinum came out, you couldn't use Diamond or Pearl anymore. When HeartGold and SoulSilver came out, you couldn't use Platinum anymore, etc. This happens every time a new game comes out.

*sigh* I wished they were but sadly I doubt it. For some reason PUSA are TERRIBLE at bringing over special Japanese promotions and events. :(
I know there were some specific designs with like Glend leaves and Xerneas on the front and the 6 gen starters on the back that didn't make it to the US. But I'm pretty sure the basic one version of 3DS or DS for each legendary thing has pretty consistently made it to the US and the most recent ones came with the games pre-loaded.

Umm, they can't hold items as they'll be holding their Mega/Primal/Whatever Stones
That's why I said wha I said, lol. Or rather why the sentence starts with the word "if" The point was that it can't be holding leftovers but that if it was then the other thing would be holding something to boost it's attack anyway. And apparently I misunderstood the intent of the original person I was quoting too so this conversation on hold items was filled with a a lot of miscommunication... lol

It'll probably be Kalos and Hoenn Dex only, and of course only if it was caught/received/hatched in X/Y and/or OR/AS. I don't think they want to exclude all the old Mega Evolutions from X/Y like Charizard, Houndoom, and Lucario, yet it would be pretty dumb to prevent the use of the new ones like Audino and especially Lopunny.

Though if this is the case...then at least Buneary/Lopunny are indeed part of the new Hoenn dex so that Mega Lopunny can be used in the tournaments.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I know there were some specific designs with like Glend leaves and Xerneas on the front and the 6 gen starters on the back that didn't make it to the US. But I'm pretty sure the basic one version of 3DS or DS for each legendary thing has pretty consistently made it to the US and the most recent ones came with the games pre-loaded.
We get some, but Japan gets WAY more. Especially those Charizard ones... TT_TT

It'll probably be Kalos and Hoenn Dex only, and of course only if it was caught/received/hatched in X/Y and/or OR/AS. I don't think they want to exclude all the old Mega Evolutions from X/Y like Charizard, Houndoom, and Lucario, yet it would be pretty dumb to prevent the use of the new ones like Audino and especially Lopunny.

Though if this is the case...then at least Buneary/Lopunny are indeed part of the new Hoenn dex so that Mega Lopunny can be used in the tournaments.
Yeah, I imagine that would be the case, which is probably why they're increasing Hoenn's dex to probably have the Pokemon they excluded in XY. I also imagine all the Pokemon getting new Mega Evolutions will be in the new Hoenn dex.

Last edited:
Even though we've already covered the fact that there's only room for the Gen 4 Pre/Evos in the dex before Salamence.
Unless they shove them all after Salamence.
Which would be really awkward and there'd be no reason for them to put them before Bagon.

I love a lot of the new graphics and art. They should have made magma look more nasty/evil looking like beards and goatee's . Mega camerupt looks like a cross between torkoal Camerupt and Macargo TorCamGo XD. Mega sharpedo looks like a torpedo with art on it. Why does mega salamance have nubs for his front arms. Swampert is Michael Phelps Muscular with swift swim. Mega Alteria Afro to the max. Mega AntiMeta(Gross) destroyatron maxamus XD.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Even though we've already covered the fact that there's only room for the Gen 4 Pre/Evos in the dex before Salamence.
Unless they shove them all after Salamence.
Which would be really awkward and there'd be no reason for them to put them before Bagon.
Hmm, could it be possible they might have also split the Hoenn dex? I mean Hoenn is half land and half sea, that right there is a clear distinction.

Hmm, could it be possible they might have also split the Hoenn dex? I mean Hoenn is half land and half sea, that right there is a clear distinction.
Salamence's dex number is still the same as it was, just moved up 9 or so. This would mean the whole original dex is intact with a few new add-ons, and a split dex would mean a SHITTON of new Pokémon would be added, like at least 150. I highly doubt they'd do that.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Salamence's dex number is still the same as it was, just moved up 9 or so. This would mean the whole original dex is intact with a few new add-ons, and a split dex would mean a SHITTON of new Pokémon would be added, like at least 150. I highly doubt they'd do that.
I wouldn't say that, I think they've shown us enough to make it clear that they're willing and doing BIG changes to Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

I wouldn't say that, I think they've shown us enough to make it clear that they're willing and doing BIG changes to Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.
I wouldn't, however, say Hoenn's big enough to fit in that many more Pokémon unless it's aftergame or they drastically, DRASTICALLY change the wild encounters on routes which I very highly doubt. Keep in mind this is STILL a remake - putting that many more Pokémon in the already established routes would be a very odd and jarring change.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I wouldn't, however, say Hoenn's big enough to fit in that many more Pokémon unless it's aftergame or they drastically, DRASTICALLY change the wild encounters on routes which I very highly doubt. Keep in mind this is STILL a remake - putting that many more Pokémon in the already established routes would be a very odd and jarring change.
As jarring as introducing Mega Evolutions? As jarring as adding to and even overhauling Team Magma & Aqua? I hate to break it to those who are sort of hoping to go on a complete nostalgia trip, but this Hoenn isn't the same Hoenn as it was in Gen III. Things have changed and you really can't say something won't happen as they've shown themselves their willing to make big changes.

Am I saying I'm right? No, maybe they did only add in 9 more Pokemon, but without solid proof we can't really say who's right or wrong until the game comes out.

So what I'm essentially am saying is expect the unexpected, that way you can be happy is no changes were made or ready to handle any changes that were made.

As jarring as introducing Mega Evolutions? As jarring as adding to and even overhauling Team Magma & Aqua? I hate to break it to those who are sort of hoping to go on a complete nostalgia trip, but this Hoenn isn't the same Hoenn as it was in Gen III. Things have changed and you really can't say something won't happen as they've shown themselves their willing to make big changes.

Am I saying I'm right? No, maybe they did only add in 9 more Pokemon, but without solid proof we can't really say who's right or wrong until the game comes out.

So what I'm essentially am saying is expect the unexpected, that way you can be happy is no changes were made or ready to handle any changes that were made.
To be honest I'd be great with more Pokémon being added to the region but I just do not see that happening, it makes very little sense and there's no real room for them. It just seems extremely hopeful, especially when you conveniently leave out the part that they are being so exact as to only improve upon the Pokémon already there and the fact that Gym Leaders have their exact RS rosters, not even opting for their Emerald ones. The one thing we've seen so far that's a direct change rather than an expansion or improvement upon what already was in RS is Wally having a Gallade, and even THEN that's still directly related to the Pokémon he had in RSE. I really do not see this happening and it just seems far too hopeful.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
To be honest I'd be great with more Pokémon being added to the region but I just do not see that happening, it makes very little sense and there's no real room for them. It just seems extremely hopeful, especially when you conveniently leave out the part that they are being so exact as to only improve upon the Pokémon already there and the fact that Gym Leaders have their exact RS rosters, not even opting for their Emerald ones. The one thing we've seen so far that's a direct change rather than an expansion or improvement upon what already was in RS is Wally having a Gallade, and even THEN that's still directly related to the Pokémon he had in RSE. I really do not see this happening and it just seems far too hopeful.
I think we're seeing things too differently to come to an agreement aside from agreeing to disagree. Also, who's to say that we're being shown in trailers and screenshots is the final product?

I think we're seeing things too differently to come to an agreement aside from agreeing to disagree. Also, who's to say that we're being shown in trailers and screenshots is the final product?
I'd be extremely worried if the trailers and screenshots were beta when we're two months from release.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'd be extremely worried if the trailers and screenshots were beta when we're two months from release.
I'm cautious to being with. They turned out Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire VERY fast, it's going to be released like a year right after XY.

I think that given the overall avoidance in past remakes about adding new pokemon excessively, that while there will be new pokemon in Hoenn (this much is pretty much already guaranteed, to one degree or another), they likely won't be accessible until the after-game, barring a few possible location expansions and mechanics.

For example, they could include a mechanic similar to shaking spots, such as sneaking, that could be used to allow for more pokemon to be included within a route, without needing to make any dramatic changes to the original encounter rates, or, and this is something that I would actually like to see, they could improve on the method of placing Poke Blocks in the Safari Zone, and certain types and grades of blocks will attract pokemon who aren't naturally found there.

About the expansion on teams Aqua and Magma, after the plots that the last few games, the plot of the original Ruby and Sapphire may seem underwhelming, especially to younger players, who have started playing since Black and White, and who are the general target audience of the plot at any rate. Heart Gold and Soul Silver did show an expansion on otherwise nameless members of Team Rocket, so an expansion here isn't really a new thing, and it would be very good if they could do it right.

Personally, I would love to see them redo some of the aspects of the original plot with aspects from the Emerald plot-line, especially if Delta Emerald isn't going to be a thing. Things like the placement of Team Magma's base, and significant inclusion of the Space Center; basically, using legitimate plot elements to give some significance in the differences between Aqua and Magma. It does seem that we do end up fighting both teams eventually, though, which I think is an improvement.

Also, development on ORAS started long before X and Y were released. It will likely be as developed as X and Y, possibly more so.

But according to the discussion about the pentagons we had in the other thread, there's a chance pokémon from ORAS will have the pentagon and then the Gen 6 only restriction could go on. Btw, has any screenshot confirming/disconfirming the pentagons been posted?

But according to the discussion about the pentagons we had in the other thread, there's a chance pokémon from ORAS will have the pentagon and then the Gen 6 only restriction could go on. Btw, has any screenshot confirming/disconfirming the pentagons been posted?
No pictures of Pokémon stat screen has been shown

Could've sworn I've mentioned this before, but I don't remember hearing anything about it. Would anyone care to speculate on the fate of Open Level battles for the inevitable return of the Battle Frontier? Grinding to level 100 seems to be pointless nowadays unless you are a completionist.

Could've sworn I've mentioned this before, but I don't remember hearing anything about it. Would anyone care to speculate on the fate of Open Level battles for the inevitable return of the Battle Frontier? Grinding to level 100 seems to be pointless nowadays unless you are a completionist.
I wish that return were inevitable... hope you turn out to be right!

But I think they'd handle levels the same way they've doing since the Battle Subway (or did it begin in Gen IV?). Pokémon under level 50 will retain their level and those over 50 will be temporarily set back to 50.

I wish that return were inevitable... hope you turn out to be right!

But I think they'd handle levels the same way they've doing since the Battle Subway (or did it begin in Gen IV?). Pokémon under level 50 will retain their level and those over 50 will be temporarily set back to 50.
In Gen 5, all pokemon were set to level 50, regardless of their original level. In prior gens, though, it was under level 50 keep their level and over 50 get set to level 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)