EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Nature: Bold
Alternate spread: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe, Bold nature
Alternate spread: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe, Timid nature
-Taunt
-Soft-Boiled
-Will-O-Wisp
-Stealth Rock/Psychic/Ice Beam/Fire Blast
i've been running a variant of this on my stall with great success, putting knock off on the last slot. It's both a great wall (100 / 100 bulk is amazing, living +1 mega ttar's crunch) and great at breaking opposing stall teams (100 spe taunt is too). The only thing it can't really touch is fire types and gliscors after the first switch in.

Originally i ran defog over knock off. But heatran would switch in on it for free and force me to stay and taunt if i didn't want it to get rocks, getting a free 30% chance burn.

Without leftovers, tran loses its recovery and eventually dies, so this is not indefinetely walled by heatran anymore. Also, non-fire types burn down much faster after lefties have been removed; regenerator being the only kind of recovery they retain after taunt.

Edit: i have been running only 16spe which outspeeds adamant bisharp, not sure if this is optimal.

I literally love Scald Mew, it is so bulky and it can tank so well. Certainly an unexpected move with little risk and high reward!

Opponent switches bisharp in on your defog

Bisharp pursuits or sucker punches expecting an aura sphere or switch, or sets up with swords dance

Sweet dreams, bisharp.

Opponent switches bisharp in on your defog

Bisharp pursuits or sucker punches expecting an aura sphere or switch, or sets up with swords dance

Sweet dreams, bisharp.
How about staying in and burn Bisharp or even use aura sphere expecting the Bisharp switch-in?
It is not like somebody is going to defog recklessly knowing the opposing team has a Bisharp.

How about staying in and burn Bisharp or even use aura sphere expecting the Bisharp switch-in?
It is not like somebody is going to defog recklessly knowing the opposing team has a Bisharp.
I dunno, it is an option on the hypnosis set, so this is one way it can be exploited

With Genesect banned I can honestly see more of a place for Mew in OU now.

IMO the best for Mew this gen is the accuracy buff to Will-O-Wisp. It has become like 10x more viable now as when it comes down to Pokemon maths anything with a chance of 80% or lower is unreliable as fuck and cannot be counted on, and 85% is like the benchmark for hitting the majority of the time and you got rather unlucky if it misses. Mew is one of the best users of Will-O-Wisps with the only faster common user of it being Sableye which still has very mediocre bulk outside of it, unlike Mew whose 100 base stats makes it rather darn bulky. Mew is proving to be much stronger in UU this gen than what it was last gen and I honestly feel like the Will-O-Wisp buff is a driving factor, along with Defog. I might even want to start trying Mew in OU now that Genesect is gone.

Mew still has the problem of bad defensive typing to go with stats and a movepool that encourage a defensive set. It also now has to worry about the increasingly common Knock Off.

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 178-211 (44 - 52.2%) -- 77.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 132-156 (44.2 - 52.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 193-228 (47.7 - 56.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Then you've got Tyranitar and Scizor. Having Will-o-wisp does help for some of these examples, but Mew faces a 2HKO from so many of the heaviest hitters in OU.

252 Atk Aerilate burned Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 89-105 (22 - 25.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power burned Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 96-114 (23.7 - 28.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mew is supposed to get off a Will-O-Wisp to prevent the 2HKO and can then Soft-boil/Roost heal back up and can stall out the opponent with Psychics or *insert move of choice here* to widdle down their HP further. It also helps that Mews speed can make sure that it can get off the Will-O-Wisp first, and it can be altered to outspeed different threats.

Specially Defensive Mew can even stall out CB Crawdaunt with WoW:
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability burned Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Mew: 298-352 (73.7 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
As you can Softboil/Roost that damage off as Knock Off is less powerful the next time around.

It's the combination of WoW and its speed which makes Mew an excellent Phys Def wall or mixed.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Saving from page 7 because Mew is god. Its stallbreaker set rips stall teams apart really well, so much that stall and defensive teams are practically required to have a way around mew. Mega Charizard-X is probably the best answer to it, since it is immune to Will-o-Wisp and "resists" Knock Off, but it still doesn't particularly enjoy switching in on a Taunt.

Just wondering if there are other good stallmons to handle this beast.

Haven't played against too much Mew but Heatran (not really a stall mon, though) is a pretty great answer to Stallbreaker Mew. Doesn't gaf about Will-O-Wisp and Knock Off and can wear it down with Lava Plume or whatever move it carries, or Toxic if you can get it in before the Taunt. Night Shade variants are more problematic, though. I assume Gliscor can handle it too if it gets Toxic Orb up before the burn. Missing some more stuff but those are two off the top of my head. Problem is Mew is so versatile that you really have to watch out for it, since it can forgo something to handle those mons easier.

Mew's just a great Pokémon right now, really.

I find the first posts on this thread pretty funny as Mew is such a menace in OU at the moment xD but anyways has anyone else tried Super Fang Mew? it lets it beat Heatran easier and can atleast do something to things like Char X and Zard Y not to mention wearing down stuff faster with the combination of Super Fang plus WoW.

Is there any way at all to get mew on the game boy x and y without it being a hacked mew or has Nintendo never given them out?

Evil mew baton passing set. You will never be able to look at his cute face again.

Mew@leftovers/mental herb
Evs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Nature: Bold/Calm
-Amnesia
-Barrier
-Roost/Recover/Softboiled (makes no difference)
-Baton Pass

Be afraid. ;)

Evil mew baton passing set. You will never be able to look at his cute face again.

-Amnesia
-Barrier
-Baton Pass

Be afraid. ;)
I don't want to come across as rude, but this set isn't very good. It has no attacks, leaving it open to Taunt, and if you do run a Mental Herb, you have no passive recovery from leftovers, leaving you with one extra turn to... boost defense, I guess? Scoliopede is much better as a BPer because it can simultaneously raise two of its stats in one turn (def+spd, att+spd), whereas this Mew kind of... sits there, hoping to get (S)Def boosts. Mew also has much better things to be doing than passing most of the time; WoW and Knock Off are so great on Mew that giving them up to pass defense just doesn't seem right. That's to say nothing about PHazing, or the fact that boosting defense stats is always a little more risky than boosting attack because of the increased crit chance this generation.

I could see some use for Mew as a passer pre-BP nerf, but I think the name of the game in BP these days is number of stat ups per turn, which is why Scoli and Smeargle are preferred, the latter for geomancy+bpass, which isn't even that great in OU in my opinion. BUT(!) I do get where you're coming from here. Perhaps a modified utility BP set could work, something like Nasty Plot/Swords Dance/Agility + Baton Pass + Knock Off + WoW, but then you'd miss out on recovery. BP is nice for avoiding Pursuit and for scouting in general, though. I'll test something along these lines soon.

-Amnesia
-Barrier
-Baton Pass

Be afraid. ;)
I'm not sure what you're trying to do with this set, especially after the BP nerf. Defense boosts just aren't that useful to pass, and you're asking to receive a critical hit. Unless you're trying to set up an Acupressure Drapion sweep, your set is outclassed by dual screens + Memento Uxie, who has more bulk and can do everything this set can in fewer turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)